An Almost Fairy Tale [Complet...

By dezmarron

Lyric has a child and realizes she's not attracted to men anymore. Then she runs into a woman whom she met ye... More

First Four Characters
All Characters
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
NEW CHARACTERS
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
28
29
30
31
32
Epilogue

27

76 4 0
By dezmarron

"Mama! Wake up!"

"What Luke?" I said rolling over and groaning.

"It's Mommy's birthday!" I shot up. Two weeks had gone by and I had only about a week left of my recovery. Rosa walked in the room with Matty in her arms. She sat next to Luke and I.

"Good morning my loves. You guys are up early."

"Same to you babe."

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!!!!" I could tell Rosa was taken aback by Luke's sudden outburst because she literally jumped. Honestly so did I.

"Thank you Luke, but honey I need you to stay quiet because EJ is still sleeping and Matty has a fever."

"I'm sorry Mommy," Luke got up and hugged Rosa. Rosa turned her head and kissed Luke. I quickly took a picture.

"Happy birthday babygirl," I said motioning her over to me. "Give me a kiss birthday girl." Rosa leaned down and kissed me.

"I'm gonna put Matty back down for a nap, he was up all night," Rosa walked over to the playpen she brought, and laid Matty down next to EJ. "Luke, get off of Mama like that, you might hurt her," Rosa sat in a plastic chair across from me and Luke climbed into her lap. She wrapped her arms around him and she scooted her chair closer to my bed. "How did you sleep baby?"

"It was okay, I really miss holding you in my arms at night."

"Aw baby I miss it too," she said blowing kisses.

"How did you sleep love?"

"Not well. I was up all night with Matty. Dr. Norris kept me awake so I could keep an eye on him. I didn't wanna fall asleep."

"I'm sorry love."

"No Lyric it's okay. I just want Matty to get better."

"You're such a great mother."

"I try my best," she said leaning over to kiss my cheek.

"What are you gonna do for your cumpleaños?"

"Stay here with my family!"

"You don't have to. You could go out with some friends."

"All I want for my birthday is to be with you and the kids my love."

..................

We were watching a movie on the tv on my hospital room when there was a knock on the door. Rosa took Luke off her lap and sat him next to me in my bed. She got up and answered the door, and almost immediately Chelsea, Eli, Kaila, Carina, Kimberli, Maia, and Ms. Mia came in the room.

"Happy birthday Rosa!" they all said in unison.

"Oh...um thank you...but you didn't have to."

"Nonsense mija! Of course we had to!"

"Mami-"

"Come on Rosa. Have a little fun!" Kaila said hugging Rosa.

"Okay," Rosa said giving in.

"How about we eat some cake," Eli said hugging Rosa.

"Chelsea? Kimberli? Maia? You guys came?"

"Why wouldn't we?" Kimberli said hugging Rosa.

"Chelsea hates me, you and I are on weird terms, and Maia and Lyric are on weird terms."

"Rosa I didn't mean all that stuff I said. I was just looking out for Lyric."

"Chelsea you really hurt me."

"I'm sorry. I will do anything to make it up to you."

"You know what?" Carina started. "Let's just forget about the past, and enjoy the present. It's Rosalina's birthday, for God's sake! Let's celebrate!"

"You're right Mami."

"Aren't I always!"

"Sure Mami."

"Is it time for cake now?" Eli and Luke said pouting.

"Yes my babies it's time for cake." Chelsea said.

.............

"Bye everyone! Thank you for celebrating with us!" Carina said as everyone left. She closed the door after the last person exited. "Rosy, I need to talk to you and Lyric about something." The kids were with Ms. Mia for the night seeing as Rosa would probably see her.

"What is it Mami?"

"Your father was arrested last night."

"WHAT!? WHY!?"

"Rosy, I told the police about what he did to you. I couldn't let him get away with it mija."

"I understand that Mami, I wanted him to go to jail too but he has a wife and child."

"They're gonna be okay mija I promise."

"But Mami how did you prove it?"

"Do you think I didn't have proof? Mija, I have pictures of the bruises and scars he gave you. I found the papers from your hospital visit when you had a miscarriage. Dr. Norris even confirmed that he raped you from a DNA sample."

"Damn Mami."

"I just want my daughter to be safe. I'm just really sorry I couldn't do it sooner."

"It's not your fault Mami. Thank you." Rosa got up and embraced Carina in a huge hug.

"Mija? Are you crying?"

"I just never thought that we'd be able to prove it Mami. I never thought we'd be able to put him in jail."

"It's all over mija. I promise you it's over."

"Rosy, come here." Rosa let go of Carina and sat down next to me. "We are moving away from this place. As soon as I'm fully recovered, we are packing up our things and moving to New Mexico."

"I'll be here with Jacob, Rosy."

"Are you sure Mami? Is he okay with you moving in?"

"He practically begged me to mija. I think I'll be fine. He treats me better than your father ever has."

"Promise?"

"I promise mija. Look at the time! I have to go, Jacob and I have dinner plans," Rosa giggled.

"Okay Mami, go have fun."

"Thank you mija. Feliz cumpleaños!" she said picking up her things and walking through the door. I touched Rosa's arm making her look at me.

"I'm not forgiving Kimberli, Rosa."

"I know, neither am I. And I'm not forgiving Maia."

"Me either. What'd she do again? I honestly can't remember."

"Choked me when you got fired."

"How could she do that?"

"She was very upset with me, Lyric."

"No forgiving."

"What about Chelsea, Lyric?"

"She was pregnant Rosa."

"That's right, her twins are like a few weeks old now. They are really cute."

"What are their names again Rosa?"

"Zaine and Kaleo."

"Two boys, right?"

"Lyric, I said Zaine and Kaleo."

"Rosa, babe, it's 2017. Girls have the name Zaine now too."

"This is true."

"SOOOOOO, I shall ask my question again: Two boys, right?"

"Yes, Lyric, two boys."

"So uh, I know I can't recieve but can I give you a birthday present?"

"Baby we are in a hospital and you aren't su-"

"I'll be quick and I'll use my head."

"What if someone sees?"

"Let them." I kissed her and she scooted next to me. I moved my head to her neck as she pulled her shorts down. "Happy Birthday baby."
................

"Welcome home baby."

"Hopefully not for long."

"WHAT!?"

"Rosy I mean that I hope we can move soon. You're so silly."

"Oh. Well we can't go before the twins' first birthday. It's only in a few weeks and by that time, we would have everything packed up and ready to go."

"You're right Rosy. I'm sorry if I scared you."

"It's okay baby. Now let's all go upstairs and watch a movie as a family!"

"With cuddles?" Luke peered around the wall looking at us.

"Yes Luke, with cuddles!"

"Yay!"

"Here baby, let me help you upstairs." Rosa said taking my hand.

"Babe I can walk up the stairs by myself, but thank you."

"You're welcome-" Rosa was cut off by EJ yawning. "Looks like someone is sleepy. Why don't I put the twins down for a nap? Then I'll grab some snacks for the movie."

"Sounds great love."

"Luke, help Mama upstairs for me buddy?"

"Rosy I-"

"Aye aye Captain Mommy!" We all walked up the stairs, and Rosa went to put the twins to bed. Then she ran back down to the kitchen to make us some snacks.

.................

"I just put Luke in his bed Lyric, what do you wanna do?"

"Have some alone time with my wife," Rosa smiled and walked over to me. I pulled her onto my lap and kissed her shoulder. "I really missed you babygirl."

"I missed you so much more. I feel like we haven't had a lot time for each other."

"Well, I did kinda have surgery, and before that you and the twins got really hurt."

"Lyric?"

"Yeah babe?"

"I've been thinking about what you said about moving. I think it's a great idea, but what about your job?"

"I found a way to get transferred."

"The kids' education?"

"They are some great schools in New Mexico."

"Do you think it's too soon?"

"Rosy, I just want you and the kids to be safe."

"I love you."

"I love you more. Now can I have a kiss?" Rosa turned slightly, and connected her lips to mine. I pulled her closer to me deepening the kiss. "I missed you so much princess." I said pulling away for a bit. I took the time to admire her. How beautiful she was, why I fell in love with her, why I married her. She was perfect.

"Lyric is everything okay?" she said interrupting my thoughts.

"Yeah babe I'm fine."

"What were you thinking about?"

"Why do you assume I was thinking about something?"

"Because we've been married for more than a year, and I know when you're deep in thought."

"Dammit!" I whispered under my breath.

"You're so cute," she said kissing my cheek.

"You know me so well don't you?"

"What kind of wife would I be if I didn't?" I didn't answer her. "A horrible one Lyric." she said laughing.

"You're perfect," I told her.

"You really think so?"

"I know so."

"You're the best wife a girl could ever ask for!"

"No you are!"

"I love you so much, please don't leave me."

"I love you more, and why would I ever do that?"

"There are plenty more girls and guys that are way better than me an-"

"Rosy, you are the only one I want! You are the only one I need! I married you! I'm in love with you!" I laid down on the bed, and Rosa laid her head on my shoulder. I held her close to me and she moved around a little to get comfortable.

"I missed having this time with you."

"I missed you so much."

"A thought just popped into my mind. I remember you saying you wanted to have more kids."

"Oh um I-"

"I do too, but don't you think we should wait a little while. I think we should get settled in our new house, start our new lives, you know. Then we can have more children. Right now, I don't think I'm ready to get pregnant and still have to run around for the twins. They are still babies, they need a lot."

"I'll be here Rosy. We are gonna do this together love."

"I don't know if I'm ready Lyric."

"We will wait then, it's all up to you since you're the one that will be getting pregnant." She giggled and kissed my cheek.

"Thank you for understanding baby. I'm not saying I don't want more children because I do. I wanna create a bigger family with you! I just wanna wait for a little. We've been through alot, and I don't think we are ready until we are safe and sound in our new home in Truth and Consequences." Rosa laid down and soon fell asleep. I know I told her we'll wait, but I really want to have more children. I know that I can't do anything about it because I can't have kids anymore. She has to be the one to carry. Unless...We adopt. We could adopt an older child, so she doesn't have to worry about three babies.

..........

"Rosa, Rosa. Rosa, wake up."

"WHAT'S WRONG!?" she said shooting up in bed.

"Can we adopt a child?"

"Lyric, we already talked about this. No more babies ri-"

"Not a baby."

"What are you talking about?"

"We could adopt a toddler, or a little kid."

"Ly-"

"Think about all those children who have no one. No one to love them. No one to hold. No one t-"

"Are you trying to guilt trip me?"

"No 一 and the fact that you would think that 一 it really hurts," I threw the covers off of me and grabbed my keys.

"Lyric wait-"

"I'll be back."

"I think adopting is a great idea babe. I never actually thought about adopting a toddler."

"Rosa-"

"Lyric, I'm serious."

"I'll be back."

"NO!" Rosa got up and literally started pulling my arm. It was easy to pull away, because she wasn't very strong, and quite smaller than me.

"Let go of me Rosa!"

"NO!" Sometimes Rosa could act like a little kid. This was one of those times. She quickly let go of my arm and latched onto my leg.

"ROSA!"

"I'm not letting you leave!"

"God, why are you being such a little kid!?" As soon as I said that I regretted it.

"Lyric I-"

"I'm going," Rosa got up, and went over to the bed and laid down. I quickly grabbed my jacket and looked at the time. It was only 7pm. I bounded down the stairs, and out the front door to my truck. I put the key in the ignition and started the car. I needed to think. I sat there for a good 10 minutes. I didn't really want to leave, I just 一 I just couldn't. I saw Rosa peer out of the window. I knew if I drove away she wouldn't forgive me. I got out of my truck and a man ran up to me. I recognized him as Miracle's "boyfriend", Jakob.

"Lights out," he said before hitting me. I fell to the ground and the last thing I heard was screaming. Not again.

..........

"Lyric? Lyric, baby please wake up," I opened my eyes to see a girl and a doctor standing over me. I looked around and realized that I was in a bed.

"Lyric how do you feel?" asked the doctor.

"My head really hurts."

"Here baby," the girl said handing me an ice pack.

"Thanks. But, who are you?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 53.4K 54
Highest rankings: Break-up: #1 (23rd November 2019) Cliche romance: #1 (23rd November 2019) Cliche: #1 (11th May 2020) Cheesy romance: #2 (20th May 2...
19.1K 305 14
Aurora has everything she needs at her age.Love. Happy marriage. And loving husband. Or so she thought. Imagine her surprise and hurt when her husba...
39.4K 1.4K 11
▪︎A single father who has given up on love and put a pause on his life to give his daughter everything she could ever dream of and somehow keeping he...