Baby Talk

By AltoPentaholic

What happens when you are the youngest in your group of friends? You get babied a lot. And Mitch Grassi is li... More

Publication
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Six (IMPORTANT MESSAGE, PLEASE READ)
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Question....

Five

1.4K 99 88
By AltoPentaholic

Hey...

So...

Sorry for not updating this.

Life has been stressful and a lot has happened since September and I've just been out of the loop for all my stories.

But I really want to write this one soooo...here you go.:)

ALSO

Leigh's new name is Rachel. I changed the name in the earlier chapters, but I don't think they changed yet.😅

TRIGGER WARNING: Abuse

Kirstie walked back at the moment, hearing Alyssa's words. She gasped, making everyone look at her.

"Wait...what?!" Kirstie yelled out, speaking for everyone. Alyssa was crying while Scott put a hand on her back, not knowing how to react. "You mean to tell me that I spent $55 dollars on condoms and even stole some from school to have you guys break up?!"

"Kirstie, now's not the time,"  Sara commented, sighing before turning back to Alyssa. "What happened, Alyssa? Why did he do it?"

"He just felt like we weren't perfect for each other anymore. He says that he's not ready to be this in this kind of 9f relationship," Alyssa got out, making everyone frown. Scott hugged her, brushing her hair back to comfort her. "I have to go."

Alyssa stood up, walking away as Kirstie ran after her again. Sara gave a quick kiss to Avi, running behind Kirstie so they could catch up with Alyssa. Avi sighed sadly, shaking his head as he stood up to run after the girls. Scott looked at Mitch sadly, kissing his bald head as he sighed.

"You're my everything, Mitch. I know we're in high school, but I'll try my best to keep us together. I may be extragerrating, but it's true."

Mitch smiled and made himself comfortable against Scott, wanting nothing more than to run away and be with his love forever.

No more Rachel.

She won't try to hurt him anymore.

And that's all he wants.

Peace and protection.

"Hey, it's Helen Keller," a boy yelled in Mitch's ear, making the poor boy jump. "Oh, I thought he was blind and deaf. Oops. Well, at least he'll hear how everyone thinks of him."

"Yeah, I agree," Scott spoke up, standing up to stand next to the boy. The boy didn't flinch, mostly because he was just as tall as Scott was. "Let's talk about him together. Let's start with the fact that I am his boyfriend and comments like that will have you stuffed in a garage can."

The boy widened his eyes, running off so he wouldn't get hurt by Scott. Scott grinned and smiled down at Mitch, his smile disappearing quickly. Mitch was about to 'ask' him what was wrong when Scott grabbed his wrist, pulling down Mitch's sleeve to reveal bruises.

The bruises that Rachel made.

"Mitch, what happened? Tell me the truth."

Mitch nodded, writing down a lie that he could think of. When he handed his whiteboard to Scott, his boyfriend took it quickly and it read it. Scott nodded, laughing a bit before he handed it back. The board said:

//Kevin and I were roughhousing and he accidently grabbed my wrist too hard. I haven't apologized to him yet and that's why we haven't been communicating a lot.\\

"Got it," Scott murmured, frowning when the bell rang. He stood up, taking Mitch with him. "Let's go to our class. Hopefully you and Kevin will get along after school."

Mitch nodded, praying that the same results will happen. He missed Kevin so much and with Rachel around...

He just wanted his brother to be there and now Kevin hates him.

Maybe Rachel should just kill him.

Kevin wouldn't cry.

~~~

Mitch woke up, rubbing his eyes as he looked around his surroundings. There were passed out people everywhere, making him scared as he stood up. They were all older than him, a lot older. They didn't look like the kids at kindergarten or even like his teachers. His teachers were pretty and neat. These people were...

Grimey and smelly.

Mitch snuck into his room, hugging his teddy bear as he heard people shuffling around. He heard a lot of bad words, words that made him get in trouble if his teachers heard him say it. He didn't mean to. Those are just the words Mitch heard everyday.

"Mitchell! Get down here!"

Mitch jumped, running downstairs so his aunt won't get even more mad. Luckily, all the people were gone and it was just him and his aunt.

Hopefully.

Rachel was standing there, a belt in her hand as she glared at her nephew with disgust. Even though Mitch was a few feet away from her, he could still smell the booze and majijuana she had the other night.

He hated those smells.

"COME HERE!"

Mitch jumped again, missing through last step on accident. He rolled his ankle, making himself whine as he stood up. He wanted to sit back down, but Rachel took him by his arm and led him to the kitchen. Mitch didn't know what was going on, but he knew it was bad.

Very bad.

"You have made me angry multiple of times," Rachel hissed, stretching out the belt. Mitch gulped, preparing himself for the welts that will appear on his body. "You have disobeyed everyone. You told your teachers that you're being hit and CPS is coming to pick you up. Happy ending for all! Well, guess what? That's wrong! Do you know what happens to boys that don't listen?"

"Wha-what?" Mitch stuttered out, whimpering when Rachel slapped him. He fell on the ground, but Rachel grabbed him roughly.

He would never forget that smile on her face when she wrapped the belt around his neck.

"They get killed."

Mitch woke up quickly, putting his hand around his neck to make sure he was okay. Tears of fear were rolling done his cheeks, making him afraid of his surroundings. He took deep breaths, thankful that precious air entered his lungs. He got out of his bed, wondering where Rachel was. She usually woke him up by pulling on his ears and punching his stomach.

Where is she?

"Mitch, you're awake," Candace remarked, smiling softly. Mitch nodded, looking over at his clock. It was...4:30?! "You fainted at school so Scott brought you home. Are you okay? You look very scared."

Mitch nodded, hiding his fear as he plastered a fake smile on his face. Candace smiled back, not quite believing what her brother had to tell her, but she let him go anyway.

"Mitch, come down! We need to discuss something."

Mitch walked downstairs, his mother and his father sitting down on the couch along with Kevin and Kellen. Candace sat on the recliner and Mitch sat on the table in front of his parents. He nodded, letting them talk.

"Your father and I talked and we feel like it's best that Ashlynn doesn't stay anymore."

Mitch nodded excitedly, making everyone laugh. At that moment, Rachel walked in and wondered why everyone was in the living room. She was about to ask why when Mr. Olusola spoke up.

"I'm sorry, Ashlynn, but you have to leave."

Rachel glared at Mitch, getting more angry when Mitch smiled.

I'll get you, Mitch. Just you wait, punk.

~~~

Mitch hasn't been this happy for a long time. His abusive aunt wasn't leaving with them anymore! He practically danced when he and his siblings were helping Rachel bring her stuff out to the car. When she drive off, let's just say that Mitch did a not so nice gesture towards her car.

But hey, she hurt him so she deserved it.

And now he is free.

"Babe! You look happy."

Mitch smiled, putting his head on Scott's shoulder as he smiled to himself. He took out his whiteboard, writing down his sentence happily married. Scott read it, nodding as he looked over it.

//My teacher left. My parents sind it was because she was lazy and irresponsible. They don't even know why she is a teacher!\\

"One of the world's greatest questions," Scott remarked, making Mitch 'laugh'. "Hey, so you're not going to believe this, but my sister is friends with a guy that a vocal cord surgery. Pretty much, they implanted something in his larynx and he was able to speak louder! Sure, his voice didn't come completely, but you should get it."

Mitch nodded, putting his hand on this throat. The chance to talk again? He'll be able to sing, to laugh, to scream, anything he could think of. He wants to do it.

But how?

He'll ask Kevin and his father. Hopefully they'll know.

"Here I am," Kirstie announced sadly, crossing her arms as Jeremy laughed behind her. Scott and Mitch noticed something about Kirstie. She seemed...off. Why? "I'm condemless! I got grounded and my mom took my condoms away!"

"Well, that's what happens when you throw them at sixth graders," Jeremy reprimanded Kirstie playfully, finally letting go of the laugh he hid from her. "How are you guys?"

"Good," Scott replied, Mitch nodding once to show that he was okay. "I was just busy last night. There's a lot I had to do for all my classes and I felt like I was about to loose it. Where's Sara?"

At the moment, Avi and Sara came to their lockers. They were laughing at something, making all of their friends smile. Sara looked over, waving as she greeted all of her friends.

"Hello, everyone. Avi and I had the most amazing ni-"

"Oooohhhhh."

"Not like that, Kirstie," Sara interrupted, swatting the blonde playfully. "Like I was saying before, Avi and I went to see Moana. It was such a great movie. You guys should watch i-"

"Kevin, for the last time, tell me the truth! There is more to why you broke up wi-"

"There isn't, Alyssa! Quit complaining about everythi-"

"Oh, wow! You're such a jerk. I dot know why I ever dated you."

Kevin scoffed as he walked off to the science classrooms, leaving Alyssa in the middle of the audience. Kirstie walked over to Alyssa to comfort her, but Alyssa walked off to the art classrooms. The friend group sighed to themselves, wondering why Kevin broke up with Alyssa.

"They were so perfect," Sara spoke softly, looking up at Avi. "We'll stay together, right?"

"Of course. That is my life long goal."

Sara smiled as Avi kissed her temple, Kirstie and Jeremy  walking off to let the couple have privacy. Scott looked down at Mitch, kissing the top of his bald head before smiling at him lovingly.

"You and I will always be together, my love."

Mitch smiled, knowing that everything right low is going the way it's supposed to.

Nothing will go wrong.

But he was wrong.

Nothing will go as planned like Mitch thought it would be.

Nothing at all.

A/N: This is getting intense and I love it so much. I'm so happy I'm writing this story again.:) Anyways, I hope that you all enjoyed this chapter and remember that I love you all.:)

-Maddie🐶💕🎤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34K 1.3K 30
Mitch Grassi was twenty five years old when Pentatonix split up and went their seperate ways. Now, three years later, Mitch has to deal with his bori...
1.4K 11 28
Hi. My name's Scott Hoying. I'm 25. I have blonde hair and blue eyes I'm part of a famous a cappella group called Pentatonix. I'm bisexual. This is m...
15.2K 968 22
Right after Mitch's fortieth birthday, a tragic event leads him back into the lives of the band he left behind nearly a decade ago, whether he likes...
4K 262 40
Summer. The three month break between grades. When 16 year old Mitch, Scott, Kirstie, Avi, and Kevin meet for the first time at camp and become best...