Rodeo Cowboy

By Im_Not_A_Dalek825

More

Rodeo Cowboy ch.1
Rodeo Cowboy ch.3
Rodeo Cowboy ch.4
Rodeo Cowboy ch.5
Rodeo Cowboy ch.6
Rodeo Cowboy Ch.7
Rodeo Cowboy ch.8
(AUTHOR'S NOTE)
Chapter 10
Chapter Eleven
Author's Note
Chapter 13

Rodeo Cowboy ch.2

588 13 2
By Im_Not_A_Dalek825

Jackson's P.O.V

"Well consider yourself mighty lucky you made it passed the gators and the quick sand beds." I sang as I was bailing hay I had my earphones in and drinking sweet tea, kinda cheesy I know. The next song was Stay by Florida Georgia Line, "I'd sell my soul just to see your face, and I break my bones just to hear you pain in these times I need a saving grace, but time is running out and i'm starting to loose my faith." I stopped after that and just listened to the rest of the song.

After I got done bailing hay and loaded it and moved it to the barn. "Hey, mom when's the rodeo?" I asked grabbing a apple and taking a bite. "Next week, and you better eat you lunch because you didn't eat your breakfast." she said pointing I butter knife at me, I raise my hand in and say, "Ok, just don't gig me please." I said laughing and walking off, "Josh Blake get back he right now!" I heard my mom say, what did he do now I thought as I walked to my room. I took a shower and got dresses the headed down to the kitchen to eat some lunch. i walked in to see dad cooking chicken. "Hey dad I'm gonna go muck out the stalls ok." I said grabbing my ball cap, "Alright just be in here for lunch." he said as he pull the chicken in the skillet.

I walked out to see my sister Ellie coming back from a trail ride. "Hey sis." I said as I started muckin' out the stall, "Hi, is dad making lunch?" she asked taking the saddle off her horse, "Yeah, he's cooking fried chicken." I said finishing up with that stall then moving on to the next one. I can muck putt a stall in less that ten minutes. "Yum, can't wait." she said putting her horse in its stall the walking toward the house.

I washed the dishes after lunch then when to the barn, saddled up and rode off. I stopped at our little pond in the meadow where I always go, don't know why but I always ride here. "Here you go Ace have an apple." I said tossing him an apple, I put in my earphones and led back on the soft summer grass and I slowly fell asleep.

I woke up an hour later and I looked over to see Ace but he was gone, "Crap." I said getting up and walking around to see if I could find him. I hear I loud screech it sounded like a bobcat. "Oh no!" I said as I broke into a full on run, "Ace!" I yelled listening, and I heard I noise that will haunt me, it was the sound of Ace dying from the bobcat. I ran in the direction of the noise, but I dreaded what I would see when I got there.

"No Ace." I said as I knelt next to my slowly dying horse, I couldn't save him so I pulled my pistol from my saddle bag and I shot Ace and put him down. I didn't want to just leave him there some I called my dad and took him to bring a rope and the truck. As soon as he got there he helped me load Ace into the truck bed, I told dad that I want to sit in the back with Ace. He nodded, started the truck and drove to the house.

When we got back I went straight to my room and cried, call me a baby I don't care. I loved that horse and now he's gone. I didn't leave my room until the next morning when I went out to dig my horses grave. I started to cried again, but I still finish the job and then put my horse in the grave and covers him up,

"Goodbye Ace." I said one last time then I went to my room and just sat there. I heard my mom said a few times to my brother and sister, "Just leave him be." them the talking would end and then start up again. That night I had a dream that I was there and watching the damn bobcat kill my horse over and over again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Lucent By ads ¡¡

Teen Fiction

182K 4.2K 18
lucent (adj); softly bright or radiant ✿ ✿ ✿ My brother's hand traces the cut on my right cheek for some minutes. I have no idea how a cut can b...
170K 1K 34
spoiler "Berani main-main sama gue iya? Gimana kalau gue ajak lo main bareng diranjang, hm? " ucap kilian sambil menujukan smirk nya. Sontak hal ter...
1M 91.3K 39
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...
107K 3.3K 31
[ONGOING 🔞] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...