Finally Me ~

By xXMade2LoveXx

Alex is the youngest in a family of fifteen. To make things worse, she's the only one who isn't a twin... Or... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98 - Epilogue

Chapter 23

8.4K 186 71
By xXMade2LoveXx

**Alex’s POV**

Over the next week we gradually fall into a pattern of sleeping in – save Carma and I – having a late breakfast, going for a swim in a nearby creek, having a picnic lunch, playing a game of soccer, having a quiet afternoon, dinner, movie, shower, bed.

One morning close to when we’re due back at Hogwarts, I’m lying outside reading Jane Eyre when Tommy comes and sits beside me.

“You’re up early,” I say, laying my book aside.

“Yeah,” he nods, “couldn’t sleep.”

“What’s wrong?” I ask, sitting up. He picks up a leaf and begins shredding it.

“I… Al,” he looks me straight in the eye, “I’m in trouble at home.”

“What?” I ask, “what’s going on? Are they hitting you?”

“No,” he shakes his head, “but… I told them something at the start of the holidays and… And now they… They hate me…”

“I’m sure they don’t hate you,” I tell him, taking his hand and giving it a squeeze, “what did you tell them?”

“I told them that… That I’m… Alex, I’m gay,” he says quickly.

“That’s okay,” I shrug, “my brother Noah is gay.”

“I know,” Tommy says, “that’s sort of what I wanted to talk to you about.”

I feel my heart thumping in my chest. I think I know what’s coming.

“Noah… and I… sort of,” Tommy bites his lip, “we sort of… hooked up… Like, we kissed. A lot. And we’re sort of… Dating… now…”

“Oh my gosh,” I giggle, “wow…”

I cover my mouth with my hand and try not to laugh.

“What’s so funny?” Tommy asks.

“Laughter is the release of tension,” I tell him, still giggling, “oh, Tommy… You’re dating my brother! That’s so weird!”

“It makes the whole family thing worse,” he sighs, “my parents are very blood proud. They have nothing against half-bloods or muggle borns, but they want to keep the blood pure… Now I’m dating a male muggle…”

“Double fail, huh?” I joke, “don’t worry, Tommy. Noah is big and strong, he’ll stand up for you.”

Tommy looks doubtful.

“Well, I will at any rate,” I tell him. He smiles.

“Thanks Al,” he says, giving me a hug.

“No problem,” I tell him, “let’s go have breakfast.”

Over the next few days I started noticing Noah and Tommy’s behaviour around each other. They probably haven’t changed, but I certainly do notice how Noah brushes his hand over Tommy’s shoulder when he passes, how Tommy always makes sure they’re sitting next to each other at the table… It’s sort of weird… Not so much that they’re both boys, that’s fine, but that my brother is dating one of my friends.

On the first of September I wake early as usual and walk out to the garden to say goodbye, but when I reach the back door I freeze. Noah and Tommy are sitting side by side, leaning against a tree, holding hands. As I watch Noah leans over and kisses Tommy. On the lips. I turn around to see Mum standing behind me, watching them too. I wait, unsure what her reaction will be. I don’t even know if she knew Noah is gay.

“Let’s get breakfast started,” she says after a moment. I glance at Tommy and Noah, then follow her into the kitchen.

“Whisk the eggs, will you?” Mum asks. I begin cracking eggs into a large bowl, wondering if Mum is going to talk about Noah and Tommy and unsure if I should broach the subject.

“Tommy’s a nice boy,” Mum says after a while, “I don’t care much for his mother, but he seems alright.”

“He’s great,” I agree, waiting. Mum carries on cooking as if nothing unusual has happened.

“Did you know?” I ask quietly. She glances over at me.

“About Noah? Yeah,” she nods, “I was never a hundred per cent sure, but I’d always suspected.”

“Does Dad know?” I press, “or any of the boys?”

“Dad does, the other boys don’t,” Mum says, “we thought it best to let Noah choose when to tell everyone. Now, can you go and wake everyone up? We need to leave here by ten.”

By ten everyone is rushing around madly, trying to get everything together. Mum sits back and watches as we push and shove past each other. At about ten-fifteen she goes out and starts the car. Somehow everyone manages to get their bags and themselves into the van.

“Where’s Tommy?” I cry, looking around from the front seat.

“Here!” He calls, scrambling in. I notice his cheeks are flushed and, looking back at the house as we drive away, see Noah standing on the front step, waving.

“Right,” Mum says as we approach King’s Cross, “we’re really pushing it for time, so when we get out, just grab a bag, doesn’t matter whose, and go. The aim is just to get everyone and their belongings onto the train, okay? Ready?”

“Yes!” we chorus excitedly. Mum pulls into a park and we dive out, grab a bag and run for the station, Mum in pursuit. Adam, Jace and Henry reach the barrier first and disappear through it followed closely by Carma, Angelina and Alicia. Sophina and Alicia reach it at the same time as Lee and Tommy. Fred, George are just behind me.

“Mum!” I hear them call.

“GO!” Mrs Weasley yells. I dive through the barrier and tear towards the train. Henry reaches out and grabs my bag while Jace hauls me on board.

“Make room!” Fred yells throwing his bag on. It hits me in the back, knocking me into the corridor.

“Phew, made it,” George says, leaping on just as the train pulls out.

“You alright?” Jace asks, giving me a hand up.

“Yeah,” I wince, “that really hurt.”

“There you lot are!” Scarlett says, poking her head out of  compartment, “we thought you’d given up magic and decided to live as muggles.”

She gives Carma a quick hug and helps us take all our stuff into the compartment.

“So, any new dramas?” Scarlett asks, laying her legs over Fred. Tommy blushes.

“None that I know of,” I shrug, “are you back on the Quidditch team this year?”

“Yeah, are you?” Alicia asks eagerly, “Katie’s good, but not as good.”

Scarlett looks down for a moment.

“No,” she says, her eyes blazing, “Oliver decided he wants to keep Katie.”

“WHAT?!” Angelina and Alicia cry.

“That’s ridiculous!” Fred protests, “why?”

“Apparently,” Scarlett says through gritted teeth, “he enjoys not having to deal with George and I fighting.”

George glances at her, then looks out the window. Scarlett discreetly wipes her eyes on her sleeve.

“Anyway,” she says, trying to sound more optimistic, “what about Lockhart, eh?”

“Isn’t he dreamy?” Alicia giggles. Lauretta and Scarlett laugh out right.

“Dreamy?” Lauretta snorts, “seems like a tool to me.”

“But all the things he’s done,” Felicity protests, “and he has gorgeous eyes!”

“Yuck,” Scarlett laughs, “he’s just a pretty boy.”

“Don’t worry, Alicia,” George says, “they’re just pretending not to be interested because they know they have no chance.”

Scarlett laughs again, but this time her laugh holds a tint of ridicule.

“I could get any guy I want, easy,” she smirks. George raises his eyebrows.

“You reckon?” he asks, “fine. I dare you to get a guy of my choosing to kiss you. Today.”

“Fine, as long as they’re not gross,” Scarlett agrees, “who?”

George thinks for a moment.

“Laurence,” he says, smirking, “Laurence Davis.”

I feel my mouth drop open. Laurence Davis is in seventh year, is the best looking guy at Hogwarts and has nearly every girl in the castle trying to get his attention. Scarlett looks shocked for a moment, then shrugs, looking composed.

“Deal,” she says, getting up.

“Scar, no way,” Carma says, “you’re in fourth year. He’s in seventh.”

Scarlett shrugs and pulls her hair out of its ponytail.

“Come on,” she tells George. They walk out together, leaving us in a shocked silence.

Scarlett and George don’t return until about twelve thirty.

“Well?” I demand eagerly. Scarlett smirks and sits down.

“She did it,” George says, “I confess, I’m impressed.”

“You’re kidding?” Angelina squeals, “you kissed him?”

“Yeah, but then I pretended to be grossed out,” Scarlett says, “so I never have to do it again.”

“Why wouldn’t you want to?” Felicity gasps.

“He’s an airhead,” Scarlett shrugs. I shake my head, utterly astonished.

“Anything off the trolley, dears?”

“Oh, yes,” Scarlett says, “I’m starving.”

_____________________________________________________________________________

Tommy+Noah= <3

Just saying! Hope you liked it. Next chapter will be up soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.1K 1K 48
As Arthur Pendragon, the once and future King, lies dying in Merlin's arms, the Great Dragon makes a promise. "One day, when Albion's need is greates...
49.1K 3.4K 30
This is a sequel! To avoid spoilers to Star of Gryffindor, please read that before reading this! Astra Lewis and Albus and James Potter are back at H...
580K 14.4K 39
When Avalie Daniels moved to New York City, she was nothing but a slightly old-fashioned girl with a knack for technology. She had a job, a best frie...
770K 30.3K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...