Harry Potter and the Unlikely...

Per startrek007

a diffrent version on 6th year. new powers and all that Més

new story
Chapter 1: How to Cope
Chapter 2: Surprise Visitors
Chapter 3: Sweets and Squibs
Chapter 5: The Vault
Chapter 6: New Members
Chapter 7: A New Family
Chapter 8: A Lovely Birthday
Chapter 9: OWLS
Chapter 10: Hiding Our Feelings
Chapter 11: The Malfoy Scheme
Chapter 12: Tonks Surprise
Chapter 13: Prefects
Chapter 14: Secrets Revealed
Chapter 15: Secret Admirer
Chapter 16: Growing Powers

Chapter 4: Back at Headquarters

2.3K 83 4
Per startrek007

A/N: hello everyone, sorry I haven't published any chapters in a while. I had exams so I haven't had any time to myself recently. But the last exam was today so it's update time. I will update three new chapters today. be on the lookout for them. (1/3)

Chapter 4: Back at Headquarters

As soon as the swirling stopped, strong arms were pulling him out of the fireplace. "Good to see you, Harry." Mr. Weasley said dusting the soot off. "Now we really must be going." He led Harry through the Kitchen and into the living room. "We're using a portkey to get us near Headquarters." He handed Harry a corner of a knitted blanket that was usually on the back of the armchair. "Hang on; it'll be any second now." As soon as the words had left Mr. Weasley's mouth the familiar sensation of being tugged started at his navel. Then his feet hit solid ground. They were in an alleyway, about a block from headquarters. "Come on Harry, we need to be quick, it's not that safe out here." Mr. Weasley said, moving them quickly to 12 Grimmauld Place, Harry still clutching the blanket from the armchair.

Harry saw number 12 appear as if out of thin air. He took a deep breath, "Here goes nothing," he thought. He was still unsure how the house was going to affect him, but thinking about Sirius made his feet feel like lead.

"Come on Harry, I know it's hard, but it's not safe out here." Arthur Weasley told him, half pushing him through the door. The first thing Harry noticed was that it seemed brighter in the house and it smelled cleaner. Once he looked around he noticed that the house looked cleaner as well.

"Harry!" Ginny yelled from the top of the stairs, "Oh, it's so good to see you!" she said coming down the stairs to hug him.

"Hey Gin, it's good to see you too." Harry said breaking out of the hug. Something was very different about the house; he knew it was something big. Then it hit him, the portrait of Mrs. Black wasn't screaming. "What happened to Mrs. Black's portrait?" Harry asked.

"We'll tell you about all that when we get inside the kitchen, I'm sure everyone wants to see you first!" Mr. Weasley told him. There were a lot of changes to the house since Sirius' death and he didn't want to be the one to tell Harry, they had all decided it would be Lupin's job. "Look what I found wandering the street." Mr. Weasley joked walking into the kitchen with Harry.

"Harry!" Ron, Hermione, Fred, George and Mrs. Weasley yelled. "How good to see you dear." Mrs. Weasley said wrapping Harry in one of her motherly bear hugs. "You must be starving, you look so thin, weren't the muggles feeding you? Here have some stew." She said pushing him down into the chair next to Ron and shoving a huge bowl of beef stew in front of him.

"Thanks Mrs. Weasley," Harry had known her long enough to not argue and just eat the soup.

"We weren't expecting you this early Harry, we thought we'd have to wait until at least next month!" Hermione told him smiling, "This is great!"

"Yeah, what are you doing here so early?" Ron asked, "Did something happen with the muggles?"

"You didn't feed your cousin any of that candy did you?" Hermione asked, hoping that wasn't the reason he was there.

"I did give him some of the candy, which by the way work very well, but no that's not the reason I'm here." Harry told them winking at Fred and George. They were beside themselves in laughter so Harry assumed they had gotten his letter. "I asked Remus to talk the order into letting me come early." Harry said. "So I think that's the reason they hurried me out of there." Harry said looking at Mr. Weasley would not meet his eyes. That confirmed Harry's suspicions, as soon as Mrs. Figg had talked to the order about his aunt, they pulled him out. There was definitely something going on.

"I'm sure you have lots of questions Harry, but Remus wants to talk to you as soon as he gets back." Mr. Weasley told him. Harry ate his soup in silence, wondering what Lupin needed to talk to him about. But he was definitely going to be asking about his aunt! "Ah, there they are now. They were just patrolling, making sure no one saw us enter." Mr. Weasley said as Remus, Tonks, and Mad-Eye came into the kitchen.

Remus led Harry upstairs to his and Ron's old bedroom. "There are a lot of things we need to talk about Harry," Remus told him. "I'll start with the question you probably want answered the most. Yes, your aunt is a squib. She has no idea that her parents, your grandparents, were wizards." He could see Harry starting to form the question 'why?" "You see, when your grandparents married, they were cursed. They were told their children would not be magical, they would be squibs. So when your grandparents found out they were having a baby, they moved out of London and began a partial existence as muggles. They knew that their children would be harassed in the wizard community, squibs are treated horribly. So they never told their daughters what they were. Your grandmother kept her job as a healer and commuted on the train every day, just to keep up the appearance of being a muggle. They even changed their name in the muggle world. Your grandfather, he took a muggle job as an insurance appraiser. He also was employed putting up protective charms around wizards houses. Petunia never knew that she was a squib, but for all accounts and purposes, she's a muggle. Now your mother, she was the surprise. She started showing magical powers. Just small ones since she wasn't around magic she didn't know how to copy it. Then she got her letter from Hogwarts. Your grandparents were so happy for her, but since they had built her and Petunia's lives around a lie, they didn't tell her. She just assumed she was another muggle born witch." Remus paused; he knew this was a huge piece of information for Harry to digest so quickly.

"So, am I a pureblood then?" Harry asked incredulously. He had been right, Petunia was a squib, and his grandparents were wizards!

"Yes Harry you are. in fact, there is no mixed blood in your lineage. You are more of a pureblood that even Mr. Malfoy. They have Veela and Vampire in their blood line. They are still pure, but your heritage has never been crossed with magical creatures, not once." Lupin told him, he knew Harry would enjoy knowing that his blood was purer than Draco Malfoy's. "Now that brings us to the reason Mrs. Black is so quiet." Lupin said. "When we told her Sirius died, she became adamant that we leave her house. She said only a true heir of the Noble House of Black could inherit the house. So we did some digging, and it turns out that the House of Black actually stems from your lineage, so you are in effect a true heir, able to inherit the house. You see, Sirius left you his estate." Remus finished. "He left you almost everything he had, this house and most of his Gringotts vault. He left me with a little money and he made me your guardian." Remus stopped to let all the information sink in.

"You mean this is my house now? Wait, did you say that you're my new guardian?" Harry asked disbelieving he could be so lucky to escape the Dursleys.

"Yes, but only if you want me to be. I'll understand if you want to stay with how things are now. "Remus said quickly, he didn't want Harry to feel uncomfortable.

"Of course I want you to be. You were one of my parents' best friends. You helped me find Sirius and have been great. Why wouldn't I want that?" Harry told him, he was glad Sirius had left a will. Even though he was still pained by Sirius' death, his leaving a will helped things out a lot.

"Ok, well then as your guardian, I have to ask your permission for the Order of the Phoenix to use your house as its Headquarters. You will not be able to discuss its location with anyone not involved with the Order. Professor Dumbledore wishes to remain the secret keeper." Lupin asked, getting the formalities out of the way. He had a sneaking suspicion that Harry was going to use this info to his advantage. He could see the wheels spinning in Harry's brain.

"I will agree with allowing the Order to use my house on one condition," Harry said, seizing his opportunity. "I wish to join the Order so that I am aware of what is being conducted on my property." Remus smiled, he knew Harry would come up with this condition. The Order had already discussed it. Since Harry was the only one who could defeat Voldemort, there was really no use of an Order without him.

"I believe that can be arranged." Lupin told him, enjoying the look of disbelief on Harry's face. "We don't want to have to start from scratch, so I'm sure the Order will agree."

"You knew I would come up with that condition and have already cleared it with them!" Harry laughed, "Great minds think alike."

"There are a few other things; for starters, you will need someone to keep the house clean. You are going to need to take on a few house elves." Remus told him, "Kreacher was turned over to the department of Magical Creatures for disposal. He wasn't in very good shape once Dobby got through with him."

"Dobby?" Harry asked.

"Yes, once he found out that you had been tricked by Kreacher and that Kreacher betrayed his master to his master's death. The other house elves turned on Kreacher. Dobby had been taking care of the house with the help of Winky since Kreacher was taken away." Lupin told him. Harry smiled, that was why the house looked so great. "I know Winky loves it here, she has asked to stay on as here. She wants to belong to a family again. Dumbledore has told me that he wants you to have both Winky and Dobby. Dobby is completely devoted to you and Winky is desperate for a new family to serve."

"I would love to have them. I will continue to pay Dobby what his wages were from Hogwarts, but I am sure that Winky would not accept them. "Harry told him. "Is there anything else?"

"Yes, if you order Winky and Dobby, they can remove the portrait of Mrs. Black using their special magic. But they have to be told to do so by the master of the house. I think it would make Sirius happy knowing we got his mother out of the house." Remus told him.

"Yes, I agree, I'll tell them very soon." Harry said shuddering.

"The other thing is that Sirius said I could continue to live here as your guardian, and I have been. I wanted to make sure that is alright." Remus said, smiling at Harry's approval. "And we have finally been able to free Buckbeak. He is back in the Forbidden Forest under Hagrid's care. It seems the committee for the Disposal for Dangerous Creatures was put under the imperius curse and only woke up when Malfoy was sent to prison, so Buckbeak's sentence was revoked."

"Great!" Harry said happily. "I know there is a lot more to discuss, but my brain is numb from all the information. Can we finish up tomorrow?"

"Sure, go have fun with the Weasleys and Hermione!" Remus said, surprised when Harry hugged him.

"Thanks for everything." Harry said running downstairs to find Ron and Hermione.

Harry could hear Ron and Hermione talking when he neared the kitchen. Hermione was reminding Ron to give him time to heal over Sirius. They couldn't rush him into being able to tell them everything that happened at the end of last year. Harry was grateful that his friends cared so much for him. "Hey guys," Harry said as he went into the kitchen. "This had been one full day! I have a bunch of stuff to tell you. Let's go upstairs so we're not interrupted. I feel like my head is going to pop off if I have to process any more information today!" Harry laughed.

"Sure Harry, Dobby was hoping to see you before you went to bed. I'm sure it can wait until morning though." Hermione told him.

"Dobby? Winky?" Harry called to his little house elf friends. He did want to see Dobby and tell him what a great job they had done on cleaning the house.

"Harry Potter Sir!" Dobby squeaked, running toward Harry with Winky following shyly behind him. "Dobby was hoping to see Harry Potter today!"

"It's good to see you too Dobby, and you too Winky," Harry told the elves as he hugged Dobby. "You two have done a magnificent job with the house, it looks spectacular." Harry could see the elves eyes glow happily with the praise.

"We does all we can to make Harry Potter's house clean," Winky told him.

"Yes, I heard that you can get the painting of evil Mrs. Black down if I ask you to?" Harry inquired.

"Mr. Harry Potter sir would have to order us to remove the painting with our magic, we is not able to use it without being ordered to." Winky told him.

"How am I supposed to order you to do it, you are free elves, you don't have a master." Harry said gently, knowing it was a sore subject with Winky.

"We is not wanting to be free anymore, Mr. Harry Potter sir. We is wanting to serve a family again." Dobby piped up. Harry smiled, he would love to have them working for him.

"I am in need of two good house elves to take care of the manor. But I'm afraid I have different rules than other masters." Harry told them, "Would you like to hear the rules?"

"Yes, please Harry Potter sir." They answered.

"First, I like that you are dressed in clothes, I would want you to continue to wear clothes. You would be bound to secrecy with what you hear in the house, but if you ever want to leave or feel you are being mistreated I want you to come talk to me. If I want to free you from my service I will tell you since I may present you with clothes as presents for good deeds. What do you think so far? Could you live with these rules?" Harry asked as their eyes were wide with astonishment.

"You would treat us as free elves, even though we is bound to you? Harry Potter is most kind." Dobby said and Winky nodded.

"The other rule is no punishing yourselves, there will only be punishments if I order them." Harry said as Dobby looked like he was going to start jumping up and down with joy. "The last thing is that I will be giving you each a small allowance to purchase things from Diagon Alley or the like. That way Dobby will not have to give up on his clothes making, I rather enjoy my socks. So those are most of the rules, but the main rule is, this house is protected by a secret keeper, you must not lead anyone to the house or allow anyone entry that either Professor Dumbledore or myself do not tell the location to. You will be helping us fight against Voldemort. What do you think now?"

"I would be honored to have you as my master Harry Potter sir." Dobby answered, looking to Winky who looked like she was close to crying.

"Dobby always said how great you were Harry Potter sir, but Winky did not believe a wizard could be so good to a house elf. You would make Winky very happy to let her serve you. I will be a good house-elf and follow all of Harry Potter's rules." Winky said, tears spilling down her cheeks.

"Thank you, I could not have asked for two better house elves." Harry said giving each one a hug. He could see Hermione crying in the background, she loved when wizards treated house elves with respect. "Now the first thing I would like done is for you two to remove the painting of Mrs. Black, but you may wait until morning so we can all watch and dispose of the foul canvas. We will be heading to bed." Harry said.

"Have a good night Mr. Harry Potter and his friends." Winky said bowing low.

"OK, I thought of one more thing," He said looking at their expectant faces, "How about you just call me Harry, and this is Ron and Hermione. You only need to call me sir or master or Harry Potter when we have guests that are not like family. I consider the Weasleys, Remus Lupin, Hermione, Tonks, and Dumbledore to be family."

"Thank you for allowing us to serve your family. Good night Harry." Dobby said as the trio went up to Harry and Ron's room.

"That was so sweet Harry!" Hermione said hugging him. "I have never seen Winky so happy!"

"But Harry, why do you need house elves? I mean you don't even have a house!" Ron said, obviously not paying that much attention to the conversation downstairs.

"This is my house now. Sirius left it to me." Harry told him as Ron's eyes got larger with understanding. "They will be working here to keep it in good condition and help out with the Order."

"But I thought only a blood relative of the Blacks could own the house. That was what Mrs. Black was screeching for days once she learned Sirius died." Ron said.

"That's true, but she stopped screaming when she found out that her bloodline actually stems from mine. I am a pure blood." Harry told them, he could understand their shocked expressions, he was too. "As it turns out, my grandparents on my mom's side were really wizards. They pretended to be muggles because there was supposedly a curse on their children to be non-magical. They were terribly surprised when my mom got her letter. You see, my aunt Petunia is a squib, and she doesn't even know it!"

"How did you find all this out? If it's been secret so long, why did they tell you now?" Hermione asked shocked.

"I figured it out this afternoon. My aunt screamed because she saw a thestral in the back yard, well only magical beings can see thestrals. She told me she had seen Vernon's mum die, that's why she could see them. Then I asked a bunch of questions about my mom and grandparents and she answered them. I told Mrs. Figg and she went straight to the Order, they were there to pick me up less than an hour later." Harry told them. "Lupin told me the rest just before. Oh, and the Order had to ask my permission to continue using the house, so I told Remus that I would allow it if I could join and they said yes!"

"Not fair! You're going to be in the Order; you have to tell us what is going on!" Ron said. He was happy that they would have at least a little more info, but he doubted they would tell Harry too much.

"I'll try, but you know Dumbledore, he'll probably come up with a way to keep me from telling you. Maybe we can convince your mum and dad to let you two join too, that way we don't have to keep secrets!" Harry told them.

"Yeah right, this is my mum we are talking about here; she still thinks we are first years!" Ron laughed shaking his head, there was no way mum would let him join, she wouldn't even let Fred and George join and they were of age!

"How come you get to join, wouldn't the Dursleys have to give their permission?" Hermione asked skeptically.

"That's the best part, in Sirius' will, he named Remus my legal guardian! I'm practically free from the Dursleys!" Harry said giddy with happiness.

"I'm happy for you Harry; maybe you can try and have a normal relationship with your guardian now." Hermione added looking down; she didn't want to depress Harry.

"I'm still hurt over losing Sirius, he was my godfather and who my parents had picked to be my guardian, but I'm sure they had a hard time choosing between Remus and Sirius in the first place. At least I'm still with a Marauder!" Harry told them.

"I'm tired," Hermione said through a yawn, "I'll talk to you boys in the morning."

"Night 'Mione," Ron said with Harry calling "Night!" after her as she headed to her room. "Night Ron," Harry said pulling on his pajamas and crawling into bed, his bed in his house! He could hardly believe it, he finally had a home.  

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

47.5K 2.7K 65
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...
108K 4K 22
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !
31.5K 812 87
Continuation of Modesto story who happens to intercourse with friends,mature,classmates,strangers and even family...
274K 7.9K 134
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."