An Almost Fairy Tale [Complet...

By dezmarron

Lyric has a child and realizes she's not attracted to men anymore. Then she runs into a woman whom she met ye... More

First Four Characters
All Characters
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
NEW CHARACTERS
19
20
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
Epilogue

22

77 4 0
By dezmarron

"MAMA!"

"Luke why are you screaming? I'm just on the other side of the pool."

"But Mama, I'm over here!"

"And I'm over here Luke."

"MAMA! One of us is in the wrong place. And it's not me."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Like this." He splashed the water and it came all the way over to me. "See, Mama. That wouldn't happen if you were over here."

"Shall I come over there?"

"YES! Mama that's what I've been trying to tell you!"

..........

"Carina! We're home!"

"My babies!" Carina ran past Rosa and I to get to Luke and the babies.

"Damn. Mami. Don't Lyric and I get some love too?"

"My grandbabies need my love first."

"Come on, Rosa. Since Carina is gonna give her grandbabies love first, let's go see what's in the kitchen to eat."

"I'm starving."

"Mommy, I don't think you are starving." Luke craned his neck around Carina to talk to Rosa.

"Figure of speech Luke."

"I HATE FIGURES OF SPEECH AND SAYINGS." Luke shouted causing us to laugh.

..........

A knock at the door woke me out of my sleep.

"Coming." I dragged myself down the stairs turning on all of the lights. Opening it I got a big surprise. "Kaila?"

"Can I come in?"

"Of course." She stepped in the house and because it was dark outside I didn't notice her face. "Kaila!

"I finally left him Lyric."

"Did he do this to you?"

"I waited until he was asleep. He got really high last night and that makes him sleepy I guess. It was just after midnight when I packed all my things -- my clothes, my shoes, my electronics -- and I was on my way to my car. He woke up and dragged me back into the house Lyric. He beat me for what felt like hours."

"Did he do anything else?"

"He tried to." I nodded understanding. He tried to sexually assault her, but knowing Kaila -- she finally drew the line there.

"Kaila, why didn't you come to us before?"

"I was afraid. I didn't want to seem weak."

"You are not weak. You put up with him for a long time. He could've killed you though."

"I know. I'm so sorry I didn't listen to you."

"Don't worry about it. Don't worry about a thing. Where were you going Kaila?"

"I don't know. I just knew I had to get out of there."

"If you don't mind me asking what was your tipping point?"

"The other day I heard him on the phone with his brother, and his brother asked about if he would marry me. He laughed and said why should he marry me if he's getting sex for free now --- that he doesn't even love me. He always told me he did but he was just lying to me Lyric. I feel so dirty and used. He made me leave my house and move in with him. I have nowhere to go."

"Kaila, I'm so sorry. Here how about you take a nice long shower and I'll make us something to eat."

"It's 3am."

"So. You're my family now and you're hurting -- so I'm hurting."

"Thank you Lyric."

"Oh and Kaila."

"Yeah."

"You can stay here as long as you need."

..........

"Lyric, where have you be-" Rosa ambled down the stairs with her eyes half open. "Kaila! What are you doing here? Are you okay? Who must I kill?"

"Rosa, slow down." I put my hand on her forearm which caused her to look at me. "All you need to worry about right now is breakfast. Your plate is in the microwave." She rushed over to the eye-level appliance throwing it open.

"This smells so good."

"Thank you. We made it." I gestured to Kaila and I.

"What's up Kaila? How have you been?"

"Well..um..my boyfriend and I aren't really getting along, so Lyric said I could stay with you guys for a bit. Is that alright?"

"Kaila, that's a stupid question. You are family! I'd do anything for you!"

"You know you're the best little cousin ever, right?"

"I try." Rosa said with a laugh.

"Mama? Mommy? Where are you?"

"Luke sweetie we are in the dining room." Luke ran in the room and engulfed Rosa and I in a big hug.

"What was that for sweetie?"

"It's your anniversary Mommy! Did you forget!?"

"No Lukey I didn't forget."

"Oh my god it's your anniversary!? I didn't mean to intrude. I'm so sorry. I'll just leave then."

"Kaila no! You aren't intruding on anything! We actually just wanted to spend the day as a family." I said reassuring her.

"Are you sure?"

"We are very sure!" Rosa and I looked at each other and laughed after realizing we said that at the same time. I pulled Rosa close to me and kissed her making her smile.

"I love you so much babygirl."

"I love you more baby."

"Aww! You guys are so in love! I need that in my life right now!"

"Thanks Kay." Rosa said laughing.

"What do you wanna do today Luke?"

"I don't know Mama."

"Me either."

"We could go out for a picnic baby."

"PICNIC!"

"Excited, huh?"

"YEAH! Can I help get EJ and Matty dressed, Mama?"

"Of course. Let's let them sleep a little longer though, okay?"

"OKAY! Can I have breakfast and watch cartoons?"

"Of course, what would you like?"

"CANDY!"

"Not for breakfast, Luke." He crossed his arms and pouted.

"Luke, how about I make you chocolate chip pancakes?"

"YES MOMMY!" Rosa walked into the kitchen and started making Luke's pancakes.

"How have you been Luke?"

"Really good Auntie Kaila!"

"Have you been good for your moms?"

"Yes!"

"What about Abuelita?"

"I love Abuelita!"

..........

Luke had eaten and went back to sleep. I don't know why he's so tired. He's usually so hyperactive and playful. But then again the babies have been waking us all up in the middle of the night. Right now, Rosa, Kaila and I are sitting on the couch talking. Ms. Carina snuck off earlier for a date. Rosa wanted to tell me her coming out story.

"So, Kaila already knows this, but for some reason she loves to hear it."

"She's right, I do." Kaila nodded her head rapidly.

"Kay, You need to calm down. You're head is gonna pop off." Rosa let out a large laugh as Kaila's light cheeks turned a dark pink.

"Sorry guys!" Rosa pinched Kaila's cheeks and laid her head on Kaila's lap putting her feet on mine.

"Okay! So back to the story."

"Okay babe."

"Okay, sooooo. We were at my quinceañera."

"Rosa, you told me you didn't have one."

"I call it my quinceañera, but it was me, Kaila, Kimberli, and my old friends Mason, Natalia, and Angelica. My family came and we just sat in my basement. It sucked but I was next to Angelica and I kissed her. My dad shouted 'what is wrong with you Rosa?' I told him 'I like girls Papa, and that's not going to change so you can either love me still or hate me and never see me again.'"

"Whatever happened to Angelica?"

"S-" Rosa started.

"Let me answer that Rosy." Kaila turned herself inward facing us more. "Angelica, she uh, she used Rosy to make someone jealous. Let's just say that she got what she deserved."

"What did you do?"

"Natalia and I kinda beat her up."

"KAILA! You!?"

"I was a very bad child."

"Child? You were almost an adult."

"Hey! All bets are off when you hurt my family."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

438K 15.4K 25
Blossom and Bloom Graceful and Tender - She couldn't believe her ears, or her eyes. Her husband, the man she loves, the father of her unborn baby, wa...
17.4K 764 28
"𝑩𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝑰 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒊𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒚 𝒃𝒆𝒅. 𝑭𝒖𝒄𝒌, 𝒐𝒏 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒔...
61.5K 679 50
One shots....Enjoy!