Adopted By Lin-Manuel Miranda

By rueth_

In which Bailey West is fostered and adopted by Lin-Manuel Miranda. More

the sky's the limit
i'll make the world safe and sound for you
you outshine the morning sun, my son
from your sister, who is always by you're side
i looked up and the town had it's eyes on me
we'll pass it onto you, we'll give the world to you
write like you're running out of time
when you're livin' on your knees you rise up
a million things i haven't done
passionately smashing every expectation
boy you got me helpless
laurens, i like you a lot
and my heart went boom
let's go upstate
someday i would blow us all away
i'm not falling behind
i know i dont deserve you
love doesn't discriminate
what time is it
look at where we are
for just a moment
so many have tried
that never used to happen before
the world turned upside down
close to my chest
click-boom
and it happened
stay alive
how lucky we are to be alive right now
you should've told me
the world will never be the same
stand with me
that would be enough
grab a friend, thats your second
and i'm a little nervous but i can't show it
we move as one
we cry and we break
living is harder
what to say to you
and i thought i was so smart
my life is gon' be fine
do not throw away your shot
i'm about to change your life
we dream in the dark for the most part
that's what i'm talking about
wise up
i was louder than the crack in the bell
remember from here on in
you are the worst, burr
take a break
it's a dream and it's a bit of a dance
i will never be satisfied
include women in the sequel
i guess i better think of something to say
summon all the courage you require
soon that attitude may be your doom
teach 'em how to say goodbye
:)

i am the one thing in life i can control

4.3K 104 20
By rueth_

January 26 2017
Dear Future-Self,          
Hi, it's me, I guess I'll make like a journal because I found an empty note book on the desk Lin gave me. So hi, my name is Bailey West I think my last name is Miranda, but I'm not sure, I never asked Lin. I have a little brother, Sebastian, he's two right now and loves trains. I wonder how old he will be when I read this again. I have foster parents Lin and Vanessa. Lin found me on the streets two months after I ran away. Before Lin and I even met, Sebastian and I were the ones who first talked to each other. Right now I'm 13, almost 14. Im not really sure what Lin does, me he has a song that he calls "our song" it's called Dear Theodosia and he said he wrote it. I believed him before I even heard his voice on the song. I love the song, it's about a relationship between a child and a parent when the parent is trying their hardest to be a good parent who understands what's going on. I think that's where Lin and I are right now. Lin is one of the best people I have ever met. He offered me a place to stay just because I had no where to go, he went out of his way to foster me and make me feel comfortable in my new home. He let Sebastian call me sissy. I wanted to cry tears of joy. I haven't known Seb for long, but he is one of the sweetest people, his laugh is adorable. I love just sitting with Seb and reading to him, I've never had a little sibling so it's new for me too. I want to protect Sebastian from whatever I can because I have now claimed him. When Lin and I came home from the store, Seb came to me instead of Lin, I felt bad but he laughed it off. I'm currently cuddled up to the blanket I had in my bag, I don't think I will ever get rid of it. It was a gift from my older brother. Maybe that's why I'm so good with Sebastian, because I used to be a little sister. No. I still am a little sister I just can't see the older one anymore. Ryan, if by any chance from Heaven you can watch me write this know I still have the fuzzy snowman blanket I insisted on having when I was 11. I still wear our necklace, I added to it though. It still has the Little Sister charm you got me, but I added your military tags to it. Lin hasn't asked about it, well the charms I wear under my shirt but he hasn't asked about the chain and I don't plan to tell him unless he ask, because you know it's Lin. So far I love living with Lin. I can tell how much they love each other and how much they love me and Sebastian. Lin told me there was still people I had to meet, I was confused though because he said he only had a wife and one child. I think it might have to do with his work. If it does I'm excited to meet them because the guy, I think he said his name was Leslie, sang Dear Theodosia with Lin and it was amazing and I assume Leslie and Lin aren't the only ones. It's nice to settle down somewhere because being in foster care since I was ten, then before that dad being in the military. I never got to settle down, which I didn't think was fair to me. I don't want to be like everyone else in my family though, they couldn't settle down. Like I know I'm hyper but I still want to have a solid place to stay without the thought that I could be moving at any time. That didn't make sense. Oh well. Ryan was always moving and I hated it, when I lived with him from 8-9 I know he was trying but it got so frustrating sometimes. I knew I wasn't being fair, I'm going to try to be more fair with Lin. I don't know why this is so jumpy from topic to topic, it's okay though because I'm the only one who will ever read these.
- Bailey West

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.2K 970 32
Sisters Emma and Alexis are living regular, suburban lives when their world is turned upside down. They find themselves under the care of their godp...
119K 2.8K 36
Macey is a girl who has been straight up bullied in an orphanage for years. But one day, someone comes along to adopt her. What could go wrong? Insp...
4.4K 95 17
Jamie is a 15 year old girl in New York City and she just can't wait to get out of the orphanage. She's a history geek and loves that Elizabeth Schuy...
35.5K 874 47
Brielle Jackson wishes she has a normal life but she doesn't when she was a baby her parents died and she has been foster home after foster home now...