How It All Started

By foreverandalways_3

Alex has found the perfect job for going through university, being a Nanny for a wealthy family who really en... More

Chapter 1- The Meeting
Chapter 2- The First Day
Chapter 3- The Fireworks
Chapter 4- The Explanation
Chapter 5- The Drive
Chapter 6- The Scare
Chapter 7- The Good Luck Charm
Chapter 8- The Surprise
Chapter 9- The Walk
Chapter 10- The Hospital
Chapter 11- The Cabin
Chapter 12- The First Date
Chapter 13- The New Unfound News
Chapter 14- The Dream
Chapter 15- The Fair
Chapter 17- The Dress
Chapter 18- The Wedding (Part 1)
Chapter 19- The Wedding (Part 2)
Chapter 20- The Goodbye's
Chapter 21- The Unexpected Arrival
Chapter 22- The Visitors
Chapter 23- The Mall
Chapter 24- The Family Reunion
Chapter 25- The Difficult Goodbye
Chapter 26- The Late Night Conversation
Chapter 27- The Hot Air of Arizona
Chapter 28- The Games
Chapter 29- The Sports Interview
Chapter 30- The Fight
Chapter 31- The Failure
Chapter 32- The Next Touch Down In Italy
Chapter 33- The Unexpected Deep Talk
Chapter 34- The Final Goodbye
Chapter 35- The Not So Out Of The Ordinary Things
Chapter 36- The Christmas Spirit
Chapter 37- The Presents
Chapter 38- The New Year's Eve Party
Chapter 39- The Big Surpirse
Epilogue
Thank You All!!
My Newest Story

Chapter 16- The Dinner

4.8K 157 4
By foreverandalways_3

Chapter 16

I put my Range Rover in park, Shane gets out of the truck and meets me at the tail gate. He takes my bag out of hand to hold, both of our bags in one hand.

"You drive slow," he teases, leaving a small kiss on the side of my mouth.

"Hey! There was an old lady in front of me who wouldn't get going!" I defend myself and he breaks out laughing. We walk up the the large brown door, Shane pushes his key in unlocking it. Stepping in the reveal Marcus sitting on the floor.

"Finally you guys came! I've been waiting! Mommy said you and Alex were coming home!" he smiles his large blue eyes moving from mind to Shane's at an unbelievably fast pace.

"We're here now! How have you been?" I ask Marcus bending down leaning on my knee, he reaches in a hugs me as tightly as he can.

"I missed you!"

"I've missed you too! But we'll be seeing each other all week!"

"Good!" the small blonde boy states stomping his foot down to get his point across. He walks away into the kitchen, these two kids I've grown incredibly attached too.

"Lets go downstairs and put all this away," he gestures to the bags, I nod following him down the stairs.

"If you want you fan out all your stuff in here,"

"Thank you," I begin to put my t-shirts and pants folded in each in their own sections.

After putting everything away we both go upstairs, in the kitchen I'm met with a tight hug from Belle.

"Feels like forever since I've got to actually talk to you!" She flashes a small smile, showing that she remembers our last encounter with her husband.

"Yeah! Where are you going?"

"Australia! Jared has a meeting there and wants me to go, we are going to do some sight seeing, should be good!" The middle aged lady rubs her hands together and smiles brightly.

"Shane!" She greets as if he wasn't standing there the whole time.

"Yes Mom," his overexaggerated smile make his mother roll her eyes.

"I wanted to remind you that your cousin Shelby's wedding is in two weeks," I step aside feeling as though I'm intruding a family conversation. Shane notices my quick movements and pulls me next to him, "I hope you're ready. I also think it would be a good idea if you bring your girlfriend,"

My eyes shoot up to meet hers, she smiles widely waiting for the answer from Shane.

"Of course she can come," Shane replies after what seems to be forever.

"Good, I'll let Shelby know, its just a couple towns over, so we'll be staying in a hotel. Do you want me to book one for you?" She asks Shane while dialing on the phone to call the soon to be bride.

"I can call the hotel, mom. What one is it?" He tells her, she holds her finger up to her son beofre telling him that she'll tell him in a bit.

We go and watch tv in the living room, I wonder where Chelsea is.

"Do you even want to go?" Shane's voice suddenly startles me.

"Do you want me to go?" I ask him, he might not want me to go, maybe he doesn't want me to meet all of his family. "I know it's a big step in our relationship, if you don't want me to go, I understand. You should still go with-"

"Al I want you to go, I want you to meet everyone. I just want to make sure you're okay with it all," his sincere smile telling me that he does want me to go.

"I'll go, it will be good," I give him a knowing smile.

"I just hope my family cooperates," he mutters shaking his head. Laughing, I pat his back.

"Shane, don't over think what can happen,"

"Okay, Sweet Cheeks we'll have to get you dressed up," he winks biting his lip making my heart melt. He better not do that again or I'll pounce.

"And I'll get to see you in that suit and tie," I shoot back and his smile grows.

"Alex! I've missed you so much!" Chelsea says jumping in my arms sitting on my lap.

"I've missed you too!" I hug her tightly. These kids are so sweet. Her blonde hair going everywhere as she hugs me. Looking up to meet a hard gaze back at me.

"Hey Shane," his dad smirks never leaving my gaze. Why does he hate me so much? I haven't done anything.

Chelsea is now sitting between Shane and I, although Shane is very stiff.

"Father," he sternly replies. "Do you need anything?" Asking in a mocking tone his father's smirk grows even wider. He finally breaks eye contact with me to make it with Shane.

"I need you to come help me set the table, please. Dinner is almost ready and your mother asked us too,"

He mutters a quick 'fine', before getting up and kissing my forehead and walks away with the man he calls his father.

"Are you staying here all week?" Chelsea quietly asks me looking up at the television, almost as if her question was never asked.

"I am, I'm going to be staying here all week long. Sorry to say you're stuck with me," I tickle her and she begins to laugh. "What do you want to do this week?"

"Shane was telling me how you play soccer, I want to go watch you!" Her smile growing at the idea. I had to fracture my stupid foot.

"Well I have an appointment at the hospital on Wednesday, to see if I can play on the weekend. I have a game, we can still go watch if you want," I explain to her.

"Why do you have to go to the hospital?" Her small eyebrows furrowed, confused.

"Remember, I hurt my foot playing, so I have to go see if its all better,"

"Oh, well if you can play we should watch. Then we should go shopping for your dress for my cousin, Shelby's wedding," how did she know about that? My confusion must have shown because she giggled before saying, "I heard you talking to mom with Shane,"

"Oh well, I think thats a good idea," her face brightens. "But I think that might be only you and me, because I don't think the boys want to go shopping for girly dresses,"

She giggles and I tickle her more before getting interrupted by her father, "Chelsea, Alex, dinner is ready,"

Chelsea quickly gets up, running to the washroom to wash her hands. Jared as gone back into the kitchen, as I meet the little girl in the washroom to wash our hands I wonder how this dinner is going to go.

Once I get to my stop,- beside Shane-, but also beside Jared. Chelsea across from me she chats with the little brother as they both laugh about something.

Belle walks into the room holding two dishes, placing them on the table her small smile gives away that she is exhausted. "I hope you all like it,"

"Hunny it's going to be wonderful," her husband quickly replies to her, her smile growing. She takes her seat next to Shane and Marcus at the other head of the table facing her husband.

"Oh! Before we start to eat does anyone want anything to drink? Kids apple juice?" They happily nod, her eyes begin the search for her husbands. "Champagne?"

"Please dear, that would be great," she nods before looking at me, "Alex?"

"Oh, no thank you," I refuse politely, just when I thought I got off his voice booms in.

"Why not?"

"I don't drink," I dare myself to look up in his direction, making small eye contact , I look away quickly. Shane must have noticed my uneasiness because his hand came in soft contact with my thigh, relaxing me.

"I'll help you with that," I say standing making sure Shane doesn't want anything, he refused anything that was asked him, I get up and follow Belle.

She grabs a bottle of white sparkling wine, while poor that I get the apple juices.

"You look exhausted Belle," I point out, her sigh making it obvious that she is dead tired.

"I just want everything to be good, he only comes home every once and a while. I want to make it easy for him. He works all the time, you know... I just want to make him happy," her smile is small but you can tell that she loves him.

"This vacation will help, won't it?"

"Oh yes it will," she smiles bigger now, her head leaning back, sighing once again. "Thank you so much Alex,"

Smiling I nod before walking back into the dinning room, being met with the end of a story being told by Marcus about how he learned how to write his full name today.

Luckily the rest of the dinner went better than expected. Jared never poked to many harsh comments into to wounds that are freshly to new, or ones that are just healing. The kids just went to bed, saying going bye to their parents. It's now nine o'clock, and Shane takes my hand and pulls me along to the door to the basement stairs but quickly met by his mother.

"Don't go down there without saying goodbye mister," she scolds her son before breaking into a smile. She pulls him into a hug, but he refuses to let go of my hand. "Love you Shane, be good,"

As soon as she lets go of her son she launches herself at me, holding me in a tight embrace, she whispers, "thank you so much," before pulling away. "I gave the school your cell phone number, just in case they get sick or need something," she taps her chin trying to remember other important things. "Oh! The things they like for lunch, the list is on the fridge. Sorry you're going to have to do that,"

"Don't worry, everything is going to be great. I'll text or call you if I need anything," I comfort her with a smile, she quickly returns it.

"Hope you have a good time!" I call as Shane practically pulls me down the stairs.

When we reach the bottom of the stairs, he pushes me against the wall, "you took all that so well, I'm so proud of you," he begins the kiss my lips.

"I'm just glad it's over," I giggle and he grins against my lips.

We got ready for bed together. Which was quite the interesting experience. While I was taking off my makeup he tried to brush my hair out, why? I'm not sure. But I ended up poking my self in the eye, and him almost ripping my hair out.

Then brushing our teeth was something else. He almost spit in my hair. Now we're in bed cuddling and I feel so safe and protected.

He runs his fingers through, my now brushes hair. "When's your appointment at the hospital for your foot?"

"Wednesday," I then explain to him what Chelsea and I were talking about, he agrees except the part about him not coming dressing shopping, he told me Marcus would have to suck it up. Laughing, he kisses my nose before we both drift off into a deep comfortable sleep.

_______________________________________________________

A/N

Another update, here you goo! ahaa. Comment telling me what you think! If you like it tell me why, if you don't, tell me why. It means a lot!

ANND

Who do you think should play Alex and Shane? Or any of the other characters? Give me your opinion on who you think would be good.

I'M ALMOST AT 400 READS. THANK YOU SOOO SOOO SOO MUCH! This is crazy! Thank you all for reading! Comment, vote, share! Thank you and love you all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.9K 923 38
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ February 13, 2021 Ended ~ April 3, 2021 ~ Re-write ~ May 28, 2021 End ~ August 18, 2021 *************** Disclai...
69.2K 2.8K 35
Dylan is Fine. Completely Fine. With a capital F. That is, until, his mother, for some reason, taken in her godson who'd gotten kicked out of his hou...
DROP OUT By Lydia

Teen Fiction

710 40 18
IM CURRENTLY RE WRITING THIS STORY: If you would like to read this version please read at your own risk and my new version will be up very soon, than...
30.7K 1K 33
Angel feels like dead weight on everyone's shoulders, useless waste of time for everyone else, yet for some reason they still cared about him. Angel...