Past or Present #1

By background21

There is a Past and then there is a Present. What should be our choice? To go along with the Past, feeling th... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
Sneak Peak!(Prologue)

Chapter 28

1K 104 28
By background21

*Jay Pov*

"Go home! We can have the discussion tomorrow." The bastard said in a calm tone raising my anger.

"Wasn't your Mom was enough to destroy our lives that you turned to my wife?" I asked and his jaw clenched.

"Her son is sleeping inside and he will be scared if he hears any shouts." He replied after a few seconds.

"He is my son." I said, glaring and he sighed.

"Then act like he is your son and leave." He said and immediately left my wrist.

"Why do you both hate my family so much?" I asked, staring at him, to which he sighed again before waving.

A car came near to the house and he walked near to it before standing leaning on it. I looked at him and shook my head before walking out myself and walked near to my car.

We both got inside and after a few minutes we drove away in the opposite direction. However, after ten minutes, I turned back to drive to her house.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, opening the door.

"We need to talk." I replied, hoping she will allow me inside.

"We will talk tomorrow." She said, shaking her head.

"Will you get sleep without knowing what is going on? I am sure you have questions, right?" I asked and she stood for a second with a thoughtful frown before moving aside to allow me.

"Tell me what you want to say." She said, sitting on the couch while I sat before her.

"I know I treated everything with so lightness but I was just relieved finally to find you. Anyway, I will not give any more excuses." I said, staring at her to which she sat silent.

"Will there be no chance for you, kalpana? I loved you truly and... and it is my bad luck that we had this much gap. I want you in my life and our son. I will never do any stupid thing and all I need is you." I said pleading her.

"If you really loved me then how could you believe some pictures and incidents?" she asked and I looked away.

"That is my mistake which I will regret my whole life, but... but please don't discard me. I know what I did is unforgivable and I shouldn't be. But at the same time, I cannot lose my family." I replied pleading her more.

"How could you believe everything but not your wife? Was your love so weak? You discarded my son's identity too. How could you just throw me out?" she asked staring at me.

"Because those were not the things I believed, Kalpana. Those were not the things, but the person whom I trust with my each breath. Why wouldn't I? Why would I doubt my Mom?" I asked back.

"Your Mom?" she asked frowning.

"Yes! She was behind each and every thing that happened. She was the one who said so many things and I still didn't believe those when I saw the pictures, but then... but I couldn't leave her words. I thought what could she gain from lying? And that was my stupidest mistake." I replied, closing my eyes.

"And do you know the best part? If I had just called her the day when you told me the news of your pregnancy then nothing would have happened and everything would have stopped which was started. I ignored so many things, but they were piling up and her words just made them strong." I added and opened my eyes to see her going pale.

"Why would she do that? And why would all this not had happened if we had told her the news of my pregnancy?" she asked frantically.

"Because she did all this for getting a grandchild." I replied, still feeling the pain remembering her words.

"But why?" she screamed.

"Because of the man that just left from here." I replied, trying to reduce my anger.

"Don't talk in circles and tell me, Jay." She demanded.

"I told you about how my Dad cheated right? Well, it was with that bastard's Mom. He left my Mom to go and live with that woman along with her son. He just left his son and wife to stay with a woman and someone else son. To top of that he married her. It was nothing but hell for all of us." I started saying and felt the coldness sweep inside.

"And?" she asked in a whisper.

"And he returned after two years. I could do nothing but to act normally with him as my Mom is happy again, who lived like a corpse those two years. Maybe he thought the suffering was not enough, because while dying, he wrote a will saying whoever between him and I have the first kid will get all his properties. Do you know the worst thing? Those properties are my Mom's and not his but she shifted them to him along with the business which was her father's. And he did this at the end." I replied fisting my hands.

"She thought, you will not give her kids anymore and devised everything." I added.

"Why would she think that?" she asked in a low tone.

"That falls on another person. Do you remember Tania? My business partner's daughter who decided herself that I will be hers and was behind my Mom to get me married to her. But then I fell in love with you and married you. She didn't keep quiet and got to know about all this when Mom confided in her feeling worried when you didn't get pregnant during first six months. So, this Tania showed fake documents of you having a problem not be able to have children at all." I replied and felt nothing but disgust rethinking how can they be so selfish.

"Mom told me all this when I mistakenly said about you being pregnant and I didn't want another betrayal when she pressured for me to get married. Then she broke down, saying everything but I couldn't say anything to her seeing her health." I added.

"Are you supporting her decisions?" she suddenly asked.

"No! I don't care about all this money and everthing. I know I can start my own business any time." I replied immediately.

"You need to leave, Jay." She said standing up.

"Kalpana! Please don't... don't forgive me, but give me a chance." I said standing up.

"You gave me too much to think and I need to take a rest." She said, gesturing the door and I left when she stood silent.

Please give me one chance, Kalpana. Just one small chance! I thought, driving away lost in my thoughts.

*Kalpana Pov*

I brushed my tears away realizing it is six and leaned back on the bed, still not getting the sleep and immediately sat up hearing the door bell.

"I know, I said we will talk in the morning, but I couldn't wait anymore. It is better if you know the things." He said the moment I opened the door and frowned seeing my face.

"I had one side of explanation and now I am going to hear yours." I said, moving away and sat on the couch expecting him to sit before me but he sat beside me.

"So, your step brother said all about his father fiasco and then the will. But now, I want to ask you. Do you know who we were from the beginning?" I asked turning towards him.

"Yes!" he replied and I sucked in breath hearing.

"When did you get to know about the relation between Jay and me?" I asked and he gave a pained look.

"When you both got married." He said and I immediately stood up.

God! This is much worse than I expected. I rubbed my forehead. What should I ask now? Or do I dare ask him?

"So, why the secret? Why didn't you just say your step brother is my ex-husband?" I asked turning around.

"He is not my step brother, Kalpana." He replied with a calm expression.

"Then?" I asked, frowning.

"He is my half-brother." He replied and I leaned to the wall wishing the shocks just stop.

"Half-brother? But... but he said..." I trailed off.

"I know! And it is not his mistake. He really thinks me as step brother and he doesn't know that we both have the same father." He explained.

"Explain properly, please." I pleaded.

"Please sit down." He pleaded back and I did know well, I will fall down if I didn't and he too must have seen it.

"My Mom had a love marriage because of which she was cut off from her family. Then she somehow get together and was happy, but then her husband left her after I was born to marry a heiress in his eyes as my Mom was cut off from her legacy. Then she did everything in her hand, Kalpana. She did everything to make sure we both are fine and I had a good education." He explained.

"But then he came back to her when her father started contacting her. You see, her family wealth is more than his new wife's one nearly triple. But the only difference was her father accepted him, but not my grandfather. When her father was just talking, but there was no chance of her getting anything from him, he returned back after two years. That nearly made her die, but she stood. Do you know why? Because I was depending on her." He added and his hands shook which he shrugged off.

"Sad for him because the moment I finished my education, my grandfather gave each and every penny of his wealth." He said with a far away look and I couldn't help but place my hand on his but then removed remembering there is so much more.

"Where do I come in all this?" I asked calmly.

"Do you know, your ex-mother-in-law was not a victim in all this? She knew he was married and she knew he had a son. But still she wanted him and threw her wealth at his face and the dog he was, he walked away to her. I was okay with all of this because all I had in my mind was to make sure my Mom lead a happy life. However, this was not acceptable to that woman and everywhere we go, she just tell tales of her husband cheating with my Mom. As she was high in society, everyone believed I was someone else son and my Mom was nothing but... nothing but..." he broke off and my heart went out for his mother.

"And then her son came up. He didn't back down at all from the time he became a teenager. We tried to stay away from all this and even started living at a far place from them. But somehow, she was always at our face and if I have to go out with any of my friend and by chance he was there, he just threw everything that came into his mouth about my Mom." He said leaning back sighing.

"What he did was wrong." I mumbled to which he gave a humorless chuckle.

"I don't blame him. I know he has his own story in his head brewed by his mother. But I couldn't forgive him mother. Each word either of them said my anger grew at his father and mother. However, that man died. I got into an accident and the doctor said due to internal damage I have a problem to father a child. Somehow, then the next day that woman was in the hospital with a smile of achieving everything. Then she said everything regarding the will and how she will get back her money without any hand from dungeon." He said staring at me.

"And that day onwards I started my own hunt of knowing everything about them just like they got to know me. I knew some way I will get a chance to strike back." He added and the look in his eyes changed to something else.

"I immediately got to know about him... about him throwing you out." He mumbled and I flinched moving away but he held my hand.

"I don't want to say any of this, but I can't keep any of this inside anymore. I am feeling burden and like I am being buried." He said, pleading and I sat nodding.

"I know his reasons too, but I didn't know what to do. Except you need some help. So, I got into contact with a few small companies when I heard of you are going for job hunt. I let the matter go, but the questions were there. Are his reasons wrong or right? I continued normally when you got one job in a proper environment." He said looking at me.

"Then you went into labor, which I got to know about when I already talked to a doctor at the hospital you were going." He added.

"Don't!" I mumbled covering my face.

"Then I thought, here I am lost because I couldn't have the chance to be a father. While that stupid threw away a magic from his life. My feel for revenge increased, adding that unborn kid's. So, I thought of getting all their properties which she threw at our face all the time. However, I asked the doctor to take a DNA test of the baby after getting a sample of Jay's with the help of a servant in his house." He explained.

"Why DNA?" I asked stilling.

"I didn't know whether to believe his reasons or ignore them." He replied simply but he must have not heard the crack in my heart.

"After they came, I panned for you to shift to my company so that I can be close to see if any of you need anything. I tried my best to help with anything you need." He added.

"What were you thinking to achieve this?" I asked, trying to keep my voice normal.

"I thought of being his family after a few years and I would have got their properties as Jay is completely out of the picture and will be more when I would have asked you to let me adopt him after I explain everything to you." He replied.

"But then everything changed when you started working directly for me." He immediately added but I shook my head.

"Get out!" I said, pointing to the door.

"Kalpana!" he mumbled moving his hand to touch my face but I flinched.

"I said get out!" I screamed and he stood up.

"Don't shout! Sudhir is sleeping." He requested and that made me feel more weak.

"Please leave me alone right now." I said, holding my hands together.

"Don't forget that I love you, Kalpana. That's all I can ask now." He said and walked away after lingering for a few seconds near me and I immediately locked the door before kneeling down near the door.

And then I cried, I cried hating everything. What have I done to... to be a part of all this mess? What have I done?

I cried even when I heard the bell and the knockings. I ignored all of it and just cried, holding myself remembering everything uttered by both people. I cried until the tears just left my face.

-------------------------------------------

too much of info, i know... but if it is confusing plz read twice or thrice and if there are doubts let me know...

how is the chap???

comment plz and vote...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.6K 3.8K 58
An end is truly not an end. Because it is actually a beginning of something new, which we never know. Sometimes, our real life is more dramatic than...
34.2K 3.1K 29
"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ "I saw this girl at the age of 13...
183K 9.8K 12
A SHORT STORY (Completed) Invitations- Printed ✓ Event planner- Hired ✓ Attire- Purchased ✓ Honeymoon- Planned ✓ Grooming- Done ✓ Photographer- Booke...
20.2K 693 20
𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐑𝐁✍︎︎ He could get anything he wanted except her. She had everything she needed except for him. He hated her because she hated him. She hated...