Unexpected (Chicago Med) Unde...

By fangirling_slightly

"Sometimes the greatest stories come from the most unexpected places." The best love story is when you fall i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Merry Christmas!
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's note
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue
book two

Chapter 13

1.7K 21 0
By fangirling_slightly

Grace's Pov

"So, what's up with you and Kelly?" Tiffany asks as we are driving back to her apartment. "Nothing, why?" I ask keeping my eyes on the road. "There was a whole lot of blushing and giggling for it to be nothing." Alexandria adds from the back seat. "Oh, shush. You have no room to talk. You and Antonio are the next conversation." Tiffany says to her while laughing.

"Okay, but I saw you put a piece of paper in your pocket. Was that his number?" Tiffany asks. I didn't have to look at her to know that she was smirking. "Yes." I answer knowing I was blushing because of the heat on my cheeks. "So, what is happening between you two then?" she asks getting serious for a minute. "We are going on a date tonight." I say quietly while blushing. "Oooo, Grace and Kelly sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G. First comes love, second comes marriage, third comes the baby in the baby carriage." Tiffany laugh sings. "It's just one date." I say sighing.

"Well whatever. I'm going to help you get ready." Tiffany says. "Okay fine." I groan. "When is your date?" Alexandria asks from the back. "He is picking me up at 7:30" I tell the two of them. "Can you drop me off at my apartment before going to your place?" Alexandria asks. "Why?" Tiffany asks with a sad look on her face. "I want to go home and sleep." She answers giving Tiffany a pointed look.

After we had dropped off Alexandria, I turned and looked at her for a second before turning back to the road. "What's up with you and my brother?" I ask her smirking. "Nothing. Why?" She answers not even pausing to find the answer. "You seem really close. He likes you." I tell her being serious.

"He doesn't like me. He can't like me." I give her a questioning look as we are now sitting outside the apartment. "Why can't he?" I ask her because my brother really likes her. "I don't know if I can handle it." She looks down at her hands in her lap. "Look, I'm not saying you have to, but you should give him a chance." I say.

"I'll think about it. Now let's go get you ready for your date." She says getting out of the car. I follow her up to her floor. "Your apartment or mine?" She asks me. "Mine. I gave him my address not yours." I tell her. "Okay, you go shower. I'm gonna figure out what you're gonna wear." She starts pushing me towards the bathroom. "But..." I started. "No buts, Shower!!" She exclaims pushing me in the bathroom.

Tiffany's Pov

"Hey grace, what is his number?" I ask through the door. The water wasn't running yet so I just assumed she was still dry. After she told me his number I put it in my phone and texted him. 'Hey, this is Tiffany. What should Grace be wearing for your date tonight?' I got a text a few minutes later. 'Just something casual. Have her wear a swim suit underneath though.' Okay, I can work with this. I thought as I started going through her closet.

I pulled out a pair of comfortable yoga pants and paired them with a purple sleeveless peplum top. It took me a while, but I found where she had her swim suits and such. I grabbed a pink polka dotted one. A few minutes later and Grace knocked on the door. "Are you almost done?" She asks me. "Yeah. Let me wait in the hall." I tell her closing the door behind me. "Hey Tiffany. What are you doing here?" I here a voice ask as I'm leaning against the wall. I look up to see Connor standing there. "I'm helping Grace get ready for her date." I state. "She has a date? With who?!" he asks in a worried tone. "Kelly Severide." I tell him with a shrug.

"Okay Tiffany, you can come back in." Grace says though the door. "I'll talk to you later." I say before going back in and closing the door behind me.

Grace's Pov
Tiffany walks back in after I had gotten dressed. She had laid out a swim suit and an outfit so I put both on. "Okay, now for your hair and makeup." She says as soon as she sees me. "Sit." She commands pushing me in the chair in front of my vanity. "Makeup and then hair." She says pinning my bangs up out of my face. "Okay, I assume you are going to be going in water, so water proof makeup." She tells me as she starts applying it to my face. She had me turned away from the mirror and told me I wasn't allowed to see until she was done.

After she has done my makeup she started to do my hair. Even though I couldn't see I could tell that she was French braiding it. Ten minutes later and she was done. "Can I loon now?" I ask her with a sigh. "No! Not yet. I want to do your nails too." She tells me examining my hands. "What time is it?" I ask her worried that I will run out of time. "6:30." She tells me after checking her phone. "Okay. You can do my nails." I tell her sighing. "Yay!" She claps her hands while smiling.

I watch as she does my nails a dork purple color at the base that fades to a lighter color of purple at the top. "Now can I look?" I ask her almost begging. "Yep. You can look now." She says popping the p. That's something I've noticed both Zach and her do. I turn around to look in the mirror. "Wow." I say. I never do my eye makeup the way that she did, and my hair was pulled over to the side in the back rather than on top.

Knock Knock Knock we both hear at the same time. "That must be him!" She squeals. "You wait up here. I'll tell you when to come down. You need to have a bug entrance." She says leaving the room. I was taking deep breaths. Tiffany had handed me a pair of purple heals. They didn't have too big of a heal, but I usually just wear tennis shoes so it was a change for me.

"Okay Grace, you can come out now!" Tiffany sings up the stairs. I slowly walk out of the room and start walking down the stairs. When I get to the bottom I see Kelly there with his hands in his pockets. He was wearing a pair of blue jeans with a white button up shirt.

"Wow. You look great." He says taking in my appearance. "Thanks. You look good too." I tell him smiling. "Alright you two, have fun. Not too much fun. Have her back by 1:00. Don't do anything I wouldn't do." Tiffany says coming up behind us and pushing us together. "Bye!" She says as we walk out the door. "Why'd you do that?" I hear Connor ask her loudly. "Oh, I'm sure she didn't want you going all big brother on him." I hear Tiffany respond. "She's right, maybe we should go before he comes out here" I whisper to Kelly before we walk off.

"So, Where are we going?" I ask once we get in his car. "It's a surprise." He tells me only glancing at me for a second. "Ugh" I groan. "Oh come on. You're gonna love it." He tells me turning onto a dirt road. "You aren't taking me out here to kill me right?" I ask him in a joking manner. "No. I think if I did Tiffany would kill me." He says with a serious look. "How long have you two known each other?" I ask him. "Um, Well we just met today." He says awkwardly. "Today!?" He just nods his head. "But you guys seem like you've known each other for a while." I tell him after I get over the initial shock. "I guess we just kinda click." He says making a motion with his hands.

"Okay, we're here." Kelly says after an awkward ten minutes of silence. "The beach?!" I exclaim getting out and attempting to walk in the sand only to fall down seconds later. "Stupid heals." I mutter before I start unstrapping them. "Need help?" Kelly extends his hand to me. "You can just leave those in the car." He tells me referring to the heals. I noticed it was already starting to get dark out. Pulling out my phone I saw that it was 8:15. "We were driving for that long?" I ask. It felt like so much less.

"Yeah. Come on." Kelly says taking my hand. I look down at our intertwined hands. They seem to fit together perfectly. After we had walked for a little while Kelly came to a stop in the warm sand. I looked up to see a beautiful picnic setup. There was some of those fake candle lights in a heart shape around the red checkered blanket that sat in the middle. Kelly had started walking over to the picnic blanket so I followed him over. After he made sure I was seated comfortably on the blanket he sat down opposite me.

He pulled out sandwiches cut into little triangles. "You did all this?" I asked in awe. "Well, I had a little help from Alexandria." He says looking a little sheepish. "That's why she wanted to head home." I say coming to the realization that she had planned it. We sat there laughing and talking. Kelly stood up off the ground before sticking out his hand to me. I took it with a confused look. After I was up Kelly started unbuttoning his shirt. "What are you doing?" I ask feeling my face heat up. He smirks at me before he takes the shirt all the way off.

"Hey, didn't Tiffany have you wear a swim suit?" He asks as he starts taking off his belt. "Yeah. Are we going to swim?" I ask him. "Well yeah." he says in a duh tone. "Oh. I say turning around and starting to take off my shirt. I dropped my shirt on the ground and started on my yoga pants. I turn back around to see he was in just swim trunks. I see that he is looking up and down my body and try to cover up my bare stomach with my arms. "Last one in is a rotten egg!" He shouts before starting towards the water.

I start after him before getting an idea. I throw myself down in the sand. "Ow!" I exclaim acting like I was hurt. Kelly stops and turns to see me laying in the sand holding my ankle. "Oh my gosh! Are you okay?" He runs up to me. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just... help me up?" I ask him. He reaches a hand down for me to take. I grab it and drag him to the ground before getting up and running towards the water. "I win!" I exclaim once I reach the water.

I feel myself being lifted out of the water and being spun around. I was laughing as he was spinning me around until he released me into the water and ended up under water. I felt the water enter into my lungs and tried to get to the stop. When I couldn't get to the top, I looked around me to see that my foot was stuck in some bits of net. I go towards the net and pull on it until my foot is loose before kicking up to the top.

Once I got there I started coughing trying to get the water out of my lungs. "Kelly help." I said. "Yeah right. Like I'm gonna fall for that again." He says not facing me. "Please?" I said feeling light headed. "Oh crap!" He exclaims starting to swim towards me before everything went black.

(Hey guys. So so so sorry for skipping last weeks update. One of my dogs got really sick and we had to keep a close eye on him. I'm sorry if this chapter wasn't as god as it could have been. Also, sorry for leaving you on a cliffhanger.  I probably won't be updating tomorrow, but I will be trying to update twice within the next week. As always, if you liked it please leave a comment.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.9K 292 10
Kayla woods has finally decided to settle thrown in Chicago after getting a place as a paramedic in 51. Which is really good for her because that's w...
69.7K 934 117
A bunch of imagines from Chicago Fire, Med and PD. More over on Tumblr
233K 3.6K 35
Meeting the love of your life when you're in the hospital with a GSW is not conventional. But for Kate and Antonio it's the start of the perfect love...
17K 345 14
Sequel to my first fic, What Now?