Counting Scars - OUAT

By Kaysimagination

[DISCLAIMER] guys I wrote this when I was 14 and I cringe every time I look at it. He looks at me, tears con... More

Arrival
Bitter Sweet Welcome
Doleful Sickness
Despairing the Demon
Covert his Death
Sickness Returns
The Demon Breaks the Chains
Aqua Speculo
Cabin Boy
Darkness Within Beauty
The New Queen
Unknown Power
Caged
Shattered
The Lost Boy
Control
The Boy of the Shadows
Summer
Kiss Splits Into Two
His Weakness
Counting Scars
Conversations with a Demon
Love
Change of Heart
The End

Dark Hollow

3.2K 135 13
By Kaysimagination

It was beyond midnight, though, we wouldn't ever know the time on this island. I had a feeling since my eyelids were beginning to grow heavy, and multiple yawns escaped my lips. Peter and I sat there, not saying a word after he told his story, his past. He simply stared blankly in front of him, his lips in a thin line. The silence was peaceful and we kept it that way for a while. Neither of us dared to speak or stand up, simply motionless silence.

I tried my hardest to keep it in silence, we would eventually have to get up and go back to camp anyway. I stood up, brushing off my pants and stretched my arms above my head. "Peter, I have a few questions, if you don't mind me asking."

Silence.

I sigh, but continue, "why did you take me back? Back to my home, when I was little."

He switches his gaze to me. "Because.... because...."

It was as if he couldn't speak at that moment. I narrowed my eyes at him, he was holding something back. "Tell the truth, Peter," I demanded softly, crossing my arms.

He stares at me, then sighs and looks away. "I felt something for you, that I hadn't felt since Summer died. I knew you were going to grow up beautiful, but." He sighs, "I don't know what love is anymore. I forget how to feel love, I forget what it was like to feel something for someone..."

I nod my head, "the price you paid for beauty. You did it, because you wanted to impress her. To show her that you were better than Blaze."

Tears started trickling down his face. "I didn't just love her. She was the only one that could fully understand me. I felt so in love that when my heart shattered, it ached. I went into the water to relieve of that pain as well. Now all I have left to feel is sorrow and anger."

Sighing, I sit back down next to him. "Peter, people tend to do crazy things when they're in love. You can't blame yourself for feeling such a way that made you happy."

Peter bites his lower lip, shaking his head. "I can't be happy anymore, not with a demon inside of me. I poisoned myself, it is my fault." He suddenly furrows his brows. "For some reason, I cannot remember how you came back. I know I intended to come for you...." he trailed off.

I nod my head again, "yeah, you did come for me. I may have used memory erasing dust so I wouldn't get homesick" I smirk, "and I was giving you an attitude that I know you wouldn't deal well with."

Peter scrunches his nose, "you gave me an attitude? Why?"

"Because I hated you. I hated you when you forced me to leave this place.... And then my life continued and it became great. Then, when you came, you were sick, and I felt like...." I sigh. "I don't know, I felt like helping you."

He shakes his head, "there's more to that, isn't there?"

I shrug my shoulders, "I hated you, but missed you..."

He turns his head to me, making our faces only inches apart. He glances away and scoffs, "missed me? I doubt that. Have you forgotten already? I cannot love, and cannot be loved."

I frown, "the only reason why is because you are afraid to love again. You blame the demon, but you're afraid."

He glares at me, "I am not afraid! I...." He trailed off again.

"Right," I smirked.

he stands up, his green eyes burning into fire. "You want to be that way?" He snatches my arm, jerking me up. "how about you give that attitude to the shadows in Dark Hollow?"

My eyes widened, "you wouldn't dare!"

Peter smirks, "watch me." In a blink of an eye, we were in front of a dark forest.

"PETER! YOU LITTLE BI-

He shoved me into the forest, my head hitting the ground with a thud. I quickly stand up, turning around, my fist clenching and intending to punch Pan's jaw, but Pan was nowhere to be found. In fact, I was in the middle of nowhere.

The sky above was blood red, and the trees were jet black. The wind blew wildly, my hair whipping around my face. The wind gave chills down my spine, but the air itself was sweltering, my forehead already beading with sweat.

"P-Peter?" I tried to say, only for it to come out as an echoing whisper through the trees.           

I start to walk forward, hoping that I'll somehow get out. Wrapping my arms around myself, I trudged through the dense forest, squinting as the chilled wind bit at my nose.

"There are shadows of children who disobeyed Pan and his shadow. They take form of your worst fear and kill you, feed off of you," I recalled in my head. Felix had told me that. Fear had glistened in his eyes when he spoke those words. It made me wonder if he knew someone that went into Dark Hollow and never returned.

"Winter, is that you?" A voice questioned softly, interrupting my thoughts. It was a voice I was too familiar with. A voice that dripped with poison and had a thick accent, mixed into an alluring, yet deadly sound as it rolled off his tongue and escaped his lips.

Slowly, I turn around, my heart pounding in my head with each slow breath I took. "P-Peter? W-What are you doing here?"

Leaning against a jet black tree, stood Peter. He smirked as his crossed arms unfolded and walked towards me. The wind started howling, I glanced up at the blood red sky, noticing black figures circling above. Peter was only inches away from my face, his smirk never ceasing.

"What's going on? Why are you here?" I questioned quickly, my voice sounding with fear as my eyes widened.

He places his finger against my lips, then drags his finger down to my chin, raising my head up. He smiles before leaning in and pressing his lips against mine. However, his lips were ice cold and his arms wrapped around me so tightly I could hardly breathe.

My hands were trapped in his embrace as he kissed me roughly. I closed my eyes and bit on his bottom lip as hard as I could, making him let go of me, giving me the chance to punch him in the jaw and kick him in the abdomen. He stumbles back, crashing to the ground and moaning in pain.

"You're not Peter, you're a shadow, aren't you?" I inquired after grabbing a thick, fallen branch for defense.

The shadow that was portraying Peter, smirks, "well, look at that. The girl does have a brain in that head."

I wasn't sure if that was an insult or a compliment, but I kept a straight face. "Why do you even look like Peter, anyway? I'm not afraid of him."

"Oh come on, Winter. You know why." He grins, standing up.

I glance at the ground, tugging at my feelings. "I'm not afraid of him, but I'm afraid that if he loves me, I will never be free again. I'm afraid of Peter's love...."

Peter smirks, "smart girl. Now, just as Pan would do, he would play a game. Win the game, you get your freedom."

I narrow my eyes, "What's the game?"

His eyes light up with pure and sinister evil. "Run, try to find your way out. I'll give you one minute, your time starts now."

I turn around and bolt down the unfamiliar path. I ignored the chilling wind as it felt like daggers were slashing my face. My heart was already pounding but the only thing I could think of is 'run'.

I ran. I ran with my heart pounding so quickly, I wondered when my heart would burst. Malicious chuckles could be heard, echoing behind me. My legs started feeling numb and my throat started to dry as I took sharp breaths of air. I ran until I collapsed, out of breath with my heart thumping so quickly and so loudly that I had a feeling I would die. It wasn't until then that I realized this wasn't a game, and there was no way to get out of this place. The shadow knew whether I ran or stayed, I would've been killed.

I screamed, I screamed as loud as I could, tears escaping my eyes. I hated Peter. I hated him so much that I was so frustrated with myself, laying there, weak and completely useless.

More dark chuckles echoed, every passing second sounding closer and closer. I curled into a ball, wrapping my arms around my knees and closing my eyes. I was going to die.

Footsteps, slow and steady, but sounding closer, were approaching me. My whole body froze, I was petrified. I didn't expect for me to die like this. And I blamed it all on Peter Pan.

"Looks like you lost, girl. No wonder you all are called lost boys and lost girls." The shadow chuckled at his own words.

"You were once a Lost Boy, too." I uttered softly, opening my eyes to look at the shadow that was exactly like Pan.

"Right, I was. That's when Pan put me in this hell and had me killed. I have to obey his shadow, or else I completely die," the shadow explained. "Now I have to rip your shadow."

"D-Does it hurt?' I stammered, sitting up and finally catching my breath.

Pan's face softened, even though it wasn't actually him. I could see the pity and pain in his eyes. My heart immediately felt empty with guilt. This poor boy that was once truly alive, forced to do more of Pan's dirty work in a place that must look similar to Hell.

"Just for a little bit," he assured.

"Wait, can I see who you truly were? Before?" I questioned even softer.

He shakes his head, "I'm nothing but a shadow, unfortunately. If Pan is killed, I can live again." His face hardens, "but I have to do my job."

A sly smirk comes across his face, "anyway, you lost, so now you die."

My eyes widened, I guess you cannot negotiate with shadows. Pan reaches for me, but the orange glow of a fire comes in contact with him, making him howl in pain. Suddenly, his form changes and the once picture of the diabolical Peter Pan, evaporates into a black shadow that flies into the blood sky.

"Winter!"

All seven Lost Boys come running towards me, each and every one of them carrying a torch. Hunter hands his torch to Wolf and scoops me up in his muscular arms. "Are you okay?" He asked.

I bite my bottom lip but end up bursting into tears and wrapping my arms around his neck.

As if they all understood, they kept quiet and walked off the path, into the black forest. I closed my eyes, sniffling, but listening to the rhythmic sound of Hunter's heart before falling asleep in his arms.

***

A/N: I was going to continue but I thought here would be a good place to stop this chapter. So, a lot happened. You got to experience what happens in Dark Hollow and Peter's true feelings along with Winter/Emerson's. Okay, lemme confess: I hate Pan but also feel so bad for him at the same time but Hunter is such a sweetheart so idk what to do. Now keep tabs on the boy that's a shadow. He'll come back. Along with the mystery of Wendy Darling and Tiger Lily hehehehehehehe whatta spoiler. There's going to be so much feels that you all ain't gonna handle it. Alright enough with that.
HOWEVER, I REALLY WANT TO DO A Q&A, SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ASK ME SOME QUESTIONS IN THE COMMENTS AND I'LL ANSWER NEXT CHAPTER.
Word count- 2,011

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 55.5K 51
A girl doomed before her own birth to be violently wanted by every person in her entire world, and then imprisoned for her entire life starting at ag...
284K 8.1K 41
Mermaids, beaches, fairies! this place is awesome. someone then snatched the book out my hands. "Mermaids? what is this crap?" I looked up to see Cy...
420K 11.8K 89
Peter Pan never thought he'd do anything selfless. He never thought he'd want to die. He never thought he'd be able to love. He never thought he'd se...
329K 9K 57
[ COMPLETED ] [BOOK HAS BEEN HEAVILY EDITED & IS UNDERGOING MORE EDITING BC 13 Y/O WRITING IS BAD AND I HATE THIS AND IDC ANYMORE PLS STOP ATTACKING...