Covert his Death

I was in a debating mood. A rock in a hard place.

I had to tell Peter about my dream, my memory. I had to tell him that there was a reason why he had gotten sick. Why he had gotten into such a despondent state. He needed to know.

I rushed out of bed, full of energy for the morning. But when I opened the flap of my tent, it was still dark. The sun was barely peeking, and the stars twinkled like diamonds. The campfire was empty, no flames or embers licking the night sky. The boys were all inside their tents, hopefully sleeping soundly. I walk to the tent next to mine. Taking a deep breath, I place my hand on the flap of the tent, wrapping my fingers around the thick and rough cloth.

I knew very well that I was not allowed to walk into Peter Pan's tent. It was one of the most major rules according to Blondie. I could just peek in. He's sleeping, he would never know that I was in there. Maybe I could throw something to wake him up.

Taking another deep breath, I walk into the tent of Peter Pan.

It was dark inside, that did not surprise me. I could faintly see my surroundings. A shelf stacked messily with books and strange trinkets. A chest that appeared to be locked at the foot of a large bed. A nightstand that had an unlit candle perched on top. And inside the bed, laid Peter. Curled into a little ball, his slender fingers wrapped around.... I tiptoe closer...

His fingers were wrapped around a teddy bear.

I instantly smiled. My heart warmed as I saw him sleeping like an alluring angel. His chest rising and falling and his fingers gripping the bear tightly as if he was afraid to lose it in his sleep.

At the corner of my eyes, I saw something glimmering in the darkness. I turn around facing the scintillating object. Walking closer to the object, I noticed that it was a bracelet. It wrapped a bouquet of neatly picked wildflowers that were now dull, withered, and fragile. It laid carefully on the shelf.

Sticking out from the bouquet of sorrow, was a piece of parchment. Carefully, I picked it from the flowers and brought it to my face, trying to read in the darkness.

On the parchment, it wrote....

To you, whom I would live for, yet die for in my never ending love.

I place the parchment back to where it belonged. My hands coming to my face as I tried to breathe steadily and keep tears from rolling down my face.

I knew who this was for. And I was almost envious...

It was for his first love, Summer.

Yet, the most heartbreaking part, was that he still loved her. He had to of.

I sigh and turn around. I could not tell Peter. How could I? He was already heartbroken and fearful enough. Wouldn't telling him make it worse?

A strong breeze blew in the tent. My teeth chattered as goosebumps formed on my arms. I glance at the bed, hoping to see Peter fast asleep and cuddling with his bear.

But he was no where to be found.

My breathing quickened. He saw me in his tent. He is going to kill me. He is going to send me to Dark Hollow.

I take a step back, a lump forming in my throat as I scanned the room for another human in the shadows. But I only ended up bumping into something.