Conversations with a Demon

It was dark outside, but the night was surely alive.

And his eyes were watching me as I sat by the glowing and sweltering fire. I could feel his hands itching to break a neck and his smirk filled with poison. It was funny for me to think that I thought Peter acted the same way.

But no, Peter was just a boy, and the demon was pure evil. While I couldn't wrap this around my head, the fact that this was Peter's dark side. I couldn't help but feel like something was now missing. He was happy, he was finally free from most of the unbearable pain. But he wasn't the same when a little bit of darkness was in his heart.

I did not regret those words. What was Peter Pan if he didn't have that daring soul? What was Peter Pan without the smirk and the raised eyebrow as he looked at you. What was Peter Pan without his cockiness and careless ways?

Nothing. He was nothing.

Though, his heart had been lightened, he was filled with fear, filled with caution.

It had been days since I told Peter that I loved him. Ever since then, he's been keeping his eye on me, not wanting me to leave him when I had to talk to the Lost Boys.

"Peter," I had argued while trying to pull from his grasp on my arm. "I need to know if anything happened."

"If there was something wrong they would have come," he countered.

I hadn't been sure if Peter really loved me or if he was just lonely and scared of the demon. But when I was able to get away from his grasp, my heart started to pound. He was weak and was getting weaker everyday. Though, he didn't like being told that, he would mutter that he's "fine".

"Emerson, what if the demon comes back?" He questioned me, his eyes widening like a scared child. "You know that the demon was able to break free from Summer's magic."

I sighed, taking his hand. "I feel like Summer hasn't been telling the truth."

"But Summer is a sweet person," Peter had said.

Those words had made my stomach churn with envy. And as I sat by the fire, pondering with my memories, it only made me want to strangle the girl even more.

Summer had been quiet, always leaving the camp ever since she took down the spell. She ate by herself, slept outside by herself, not even worried that the demon could be right behind her. It had grown a suspicion in my head. Something was off about Summer, and I felt like she has something terrible planned.

"Winter?" A voice spoke.

I turned around, instantly smiling. "Hey Rufio, wanna sit?" I patted the log I was sitting on. He nods, sitting down with a sigh.

"Is there something wrong?" I ask him, my brows furrowing in concern.

"Yeah," he says. "It's about Pan-uh-Peter. He's seen me once, and acts like I never left, but he ignores me."

I stare into the fire. "He doesn't want to see you, because her regrets your death."

"So he thinks I'm mad at him? Is he afraid of me?"

I shrug, "he's been afraid of everything, Rufio. He refuses to get out of that tent he's so afraid. He won't eat, barely sleeps because if he does, he has nightmares. I hate it."

"Oh," Rufio says. "When is the demon coming?"

I shrug again, "I don't know, but I know it's soon."

"Where's Summer?"

I scoff, "do you think I care where Summer is?"

Rufio chuckles, "do you even have a reason to hate her?"

"Well," I started, "no, not really."

He smirks, standing up with a grunt. "I suppose you find a reason.... and get some sleep."

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight," he replied, and went into his tent.

"Goodnight indeed," another voice said, followed by a dark chuckle. "You know, you'd think he'd be getting revenge on Peter, or even care less about whether he dies or not."

My heart had skipped a beat when I heard the voice of Peter, except more poisonous and evil. And in a blink of an eye, I had appeared deep in the forest, away from the camp.

I gasped, circling myself and trying to find a path or something that looked familiar. But I saw nothing but trees.

"You know, I could kill you," Pan whispered from behind me, his fingers softly trailing up my arm. "I can watch the light in your eyes fade away like the flame of a candle."

"Then why don't you?" I shot at him.

He chuckles darkly, "ah, there's what I'm looking for! Fire. You've got fire..... I like fire."

My lips pursed as his hands slid down to mine. They were ice cold and soft, and I shuddered disconsolately.

"Which is why I have to make this game a bit more difficult," he started. "You see, I asked you to choose Peter or me. And I have no doubt that you are reconsidering your choice of Peter."

My body tensed, making Pan smirk amusedly. "Just as I thought. You love Peter's dark side. I'm his dark side, Winter, that's why I ask you to join me and leave him to fade away."

"And what if I don't choose you?" I questioned softly as my body trembled.

He grabs my shoulders and turns me around to face him. "That's the fun part of the game. You choose Peter, everyone you care about will suffer, you will die with Peter slowly being drawn to Aqua Speculo and jumping in, fading away as a lost soul.

But, if you choose me, in three days, when the moon is full and just above the cave of that water, you and I will watch Peter jump in and never be heard of again."

"So either way, he dies.... unless I stop you," I spoke.

"Yes, but you have one little problem, Winter." He steps closer to me, his smirk never escaping his lips. "You love me."

***

A/N: This fanfic got me in mixed emotions rn...... I bet you guys are like "I love Peter but the demon is so cool too"

Word count: 1,044

(Not proof read)