Should Have Walked Away | Aar...

Von LovableTabbyCat

"I'm unique, what can I say?" Book 1. Completed: 1 January 2019 *Second story I've ever completed* ⠁⠓⠕⠥⠇⠙⠓⠁⠧⠑... Mehr

𝔱 𝔴 𝔬
𝔱 𝔥 𝔯 𝔢 𝔢
𝔣 𝔬 𝔲 𝔯
𝔣 𝔦 𝔳 𝔢
𝔰 𝔦 𝔵
𝔰 𝔢 𝔳 𝔢 𝔫
𝔢 𝔦 𝔤 𝔥 𝔱
𝔫 𝔦 𝔫 𝔢
𝔱 𝔢 𝔫
𝔢 𝔩 𝔢 𝔳 𝔢 𝔫
𝔱 𝔴 𝔢 𝔩 𝔳 𝔢
𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔢 𝔢 𝔫
𝔣 𝔬 𝔲 𝔯 𝔱 𝔢 𝔢 𝔫
𝔣 𝔦 𝔣 𝔱 𝔢 𝔢 𝔫
𝔰 𝔦 𝔵 𝔱 𝔢 𝔢 𝔫
𝔰 𝔢 𝔳 𝔢 𝔫 𝔱 𝔢 𝔢 𝔫
𝔢 𝔦 𝔤 𝔥 𝔱 𝔢 𝔢 𝔫
𝔫 𝔦 𝔫 𝔢 𝔱 𝔢 𝔢 𝔫
𝔱 𝔴 𝔢 𝔫 𝔱 𝔶
𝔱 𝔴 𝔢 𝔫 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔬 𝔫 𝔢
𝔱 𝔴 𝔢 𝔫 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔱 𝔴 o
𝔱 𝔴 𝔢 𝔫 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔱 𝔥 𝔯 𝔢 𝔢
𝔱 𝔴 𝔢 𝔫 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔣 𝔬 𝔲 𝔯
𝔱 𝔴 𝔢 𝔫 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔣 𝔦 𝔳 𝔢
𝔱 𝔴 𝔢 𝔫 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔰 𝔦 𝔵
𝔱 𝔴 𝔢 𝔫 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔰 𝔢 𝔳 𝔢 𝔫
𝔱 𝔴 𝔢 𝔫 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔢 𝔦 𝔤 𝔥 𝔱
𝔱 𝔴 𝔢 𝔫 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔫 𝔦 𝔫 𝔢
𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶
𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔬 𝔫 𝔢
𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔱 𝔴 𝔬
𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔱 𝔥 𝔯 𝔢 𝔢
𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔣 𝔬 𝔲 𝔯
𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔣 𝔦 𝔳 𝔢
𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔰 𝔦 𝔵
𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔰 𝔢 𝔳 𝔢 𝔫
𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔢 𝔦 𝔤 𝔥 𝔱
𝔱 𝔥 𝔦 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶 - 𝔫 𝔦 𝔫 𝔢
𝔣 𝔬 𝔯 𝔱 𝔶

𝔬 𝔫 𝔢

2.1K 54 38
Von LovableTabbyCat

• ѕєρтємвєя иιиєтєєитн •
∂αтєѕ αяє нαℓf яαи∂σм.
тнєу ωσит вє ιи єνєяу ¢нαρтєя.

I hopped from one branch to another with my arms out as I hummed and traveled in the flora of the forest.

There's a war currently where herds of my kind are attacking villages and killing innocents.

That's not how I go.

I go it alone, traveling together is too much a risk. I avoid villages and people because even with a loner of my kind I can kill easily, so I'm seen as a threat.

Search parties are out all the time to find and kill all vampires as sent by the loyalty of Falcon Claw.

There's no cure. For vampirism I mean. Infecting people with a bite will most likely kill them from blood loss, or kill them because of how the virus works in our blood. People rarely survive our venom. And if you're born with it, its entwined inside you and no cure will fix it.

I'm a higher class than others, as proven by my eye color when it changes and by my double fangs - basically our greatest defense and our greatest downfall. We can't hide them for too long so that exposes us as what we are and we're killed. Then again, they can drain a pint in ten seconds if you use 'em right.

Oh well.

See the good.

I have extreme endurance, strength, speed, and senses. I'm 26, and I've lived on my own since I was 8, with a single break. Which means I know basically every survival skill, and have no need to go back to Phoenix Drop, the kingdom with my one friend I ever had and images of my mother and sisters.

Ok so maybe I have things to go back to, but I left that and I won't go back.

That's good enough to at least try and help others.

Though I will reluctantly admit, I started out like the others. I was blood-thirsty and killed without humanity or remorse. I enjoyed it.

But now, I have left that behind. For good.

I heard a twig snap and stopped swiftly standing straight on the branch, and listening to every sound I could.

Footsteps. Coming fast.

I didn't waste any time and started racing from tree to tree instead of my steady pace.

I took to the ground and sprinted at a curve, still not knowing where I was going. I heard yelling and realized it was palace guards - as to which my attire makes me look like an assassin which is still dangerous. The kingdom's assassins are banded with certain crests but since I have none I'm a threat, whether I'm an assassin or a vampire.

Finally I lost them, and sat down against a tree barely breathing heavily. I had been running for only ten minutes.

I saw a river and got up to follow it, finding it leading to falls up stream and a lake down stream.

Eventually I got tired - bored, too - as the day winded to night. I was pretty deep in the forest so I walked a little ways until I got enough  firewood and twigs. I got no pine-needles or leaves because they cause smoke.

I used my spare blanket and draped it over branches against a tree to both conceal it better and to keep the heat close instead of spread out.

A small lizard crawled up my leg and sat on my knee where I had my hands in front of me sitting criss-cross.

"Hey little fella." His head peeked up to me and titled. I smiled with my tongue between my lips and he left. Can't blame him.

I leaned against the tree with a sigh, warmed with the fire. The night sounds had the river flowing and the fire crackling, as well as the occasional mewl of animals.

When my eyes opened I found it was nearing sunrise so I packed up and started walking towards my original target.

Okay, so normally I avoid human villages. And humans in general - but I'm running low on supplies. So I need to re-stock but that's hard to do in nature and not very. . . "Kind" in vampire villages. Or whatever is left of them since the war started.

I pulled my hood on as the sun begun to peak and I walked through the forest, carrying wood on my shoulder. I move light and don't own much so I have tons of room.

Sun doesn't kill most vampires but sadly it will kill me. Being powerful comes with consequences. I can't go out in sun but I do regardless, just covering my skin. It can also sear through fabrics so I always wear my cloak which is lined with multiple thick fabrics. It comes with being royal. (Burning in sun)

I saw the beginning of a paved path and dropped the wood in a bush. I also put down my bag. I'll get them later.

Continuing with my walk, I was greeted with a hole in a large stone wall. Upon entering, I saw it was a city-wall.

Directly in front of me was a marketplace, and there was a castle in the distance.

I walked through and the sun was higher now so I pulled my hood over my eyes further. I already had gloves that went on a few fingers and in between but skin was still exposed, so I slipped on my spares over top of them.

I kept my mouth shut as I traveled through the market (that had minimal activity), so I didn't have to retract my fangs.

There was a stand manned by a blond, curly-haired male whom sold many things including a variety of fabric. I retracted my fangs as I spoke, making a small noise like the unsheathing of a sword.

"Black fabric, please."

I bought some silk and cotton fabric and went to sit under a tree in the corner.

An hour and a half later, I had a mask to hide my lips, nose and chin, making me able to talk and protect my skin without having to hide my fangs as often. (Above)

I put it on just as I heard metal clanking and heavy marching. A glance up revealed everyone in the market was bowing or soluting a march of palace soldiers. I stood in respect but did not bow, curtsy, or even nod in their direction. I did take notice the crest of Falcon Claw on their armored chests though. One of them had a marching rhythm off.

However as they disassembled a few feet away from me I caught myself staring as they took off their helmets.

Or, staring at one of them.

He had black hair and dark brown eyes that seemed to glow as he laughed and spoke with the other guards.

"Aaron! What are you doing! You are a prince, not a knight! Get home at once!" A woman shouted from a higher street level above. She walked away with her maid-looking uniform swaying with her, and one guard clamped the back of another.

The dark haired man I had stared at sighed and glanced down, then looking up and catching sight of my eye. I looked away and felt my neck heat up.

Please tell me I'm not attracted to the prince of Falcon Claw.

"Hey." I turned at the close voice without even remembering him step close. But I didn't jump - it's very hard to scare me if you don't know how. "Are you new? I haven't seen you around before." He leaned a hand on the tree.

I nodded. "Sure am."

He smiled and nodded back. Then reality donned on him. "Did the guards at the front check you out?"

I titled my head and furrowed my brows in confusion.

He tapped his front teeth on both sides back and forth and I understood.

He meant the protocol of guards checking everyone for fangs.

I shook my head and he smiled lopsidedly.

"Here, I can check for you or bring you to them?"

I nodded and retracted my fangs as I pulled my mask down. A lot of vampires can only retract them for a few seconds or up to ten minutes, but I can do it for up to half an hour.

I opened my mouth and he nodded with a smile.

Why did I smile back? I never smile!

"You're all good. Hey, I gotta go but I hope to see you again soon?"

I gave a small nod.

He walked off and some of his friends teased him about me or warned him because of my style. Again, "assassin" was heard.

I watched him the whole time he went and slowly pulled up my mask. I had gotten it back on when he turned to me from above and winked before leaving my sight towards the castle.

Flushing, I pulled my hood down further over my forehead.

Aaaaand. . . I'm attracted to the prince of Falcon Claw. Me. One of the many princesses of Phoenix Drop, I thought with a roll of my eyes, during a war between us and literally everyone else.

Fantastic.

At least I'm only attracted to him - not in love; but I'm normally head-strong, tough, and emotionless to others. What the hell?

Well, time to stock up.

I got up from my position on the tree and walked over to a stand that sold books of all sorts.

"Hello! You must be new!"

I nodded.

"My name is Emmalyn!"

I looked around the stand and saw a book that looked interesting. "Could I get that book?"

She smiled and nodded. "That's one of my favorites, I think you'll enjoy it!" She handed me it and I paid her, thanking her as well.

Next, I got some food and fabric, and some other essentials.

I also had to get some herbs from the forest, but I'll have to prepare them here so I have to get them and come back.

I walked through the hole I came in and dropped off all my stuff in my bag along with the wood.

Once I got out enough, I began searching for mint but figured I could take off my mask.

Dropping it off one ear, it slipped from my grasp at a strong wind.

My eyes widened. "Shit."

I took off running after it only to see a hand reach up and grab it. I stopped before her and she was about to pass it when she froze.

My fangs were shown through my agape lips.

The wind had stopped and she dropped the mask. Her mouth widened and her breathing changed. Her bright eyes held shock and fear as her platinum hair calmed.

I jumped forward and covered her mouth, looking around in panic. I shushed her and finally looked back at her and she calmed at how I wasn't attacking her or enraged at all. I slowly took my hands away from her and she took a deep breath. She still looked and sounded scared.

"Y-you're a vampire-"

"Please don't tell! I'll be gone soon I'm just re-stocking!" I said quickly.

"Why aren't you attacking me?" She stepped back a little.

"I-I. . ." I shrugged my shoulders up and looked away, tapping my arms at my sides. "I don't want to hurt anyone." I looked back at her. "I swore to myself long ago that nobody would get hurt by my hand anymore."

She considered. "What did you mean re-stock?"

Normally by now, my sassiness or snarky behavior, or even just my normal bitchy attitude would have kicked in, but I can tell she's still scared. If she tells, I'm dead. I'm immortal and powerful, but that whole city is against vampires and they would all try to kill me. Not even I can stand against those odds.

"I normally avoid humans, settlements, all of that, but I'm running low on basic supplies that are difficult to acquire in nature."

"Do you have a home?"

I shook my head. "I go from place to place." I shrugged without a care.

She tapped her chin in thought and a lightbulb seemed to flick on. "Stay."

"I beg your pardon?"

"Stay. Your secret is safe with me, but I've never known a vampire, and I would want to learn more!"

I stepped back. "Sorry, but I'm a loner." Though I have to admit having a human, or rather, elven, "companion" is intriguing.

She smiled. "Please!"

I rolled my eyes. "No. I won't stay in those walls forever. We're not friends just because I don't hurt you."

She nodded and picked up some bags of herbs and other stuff she had dropped with my mask. I picked it up but shook her hand.

"My name is Zoey. . . Why won't you stay?"

I nodded. "Aphmau," I told her with a dodge to the question.

⠁⠓⠕⠥⠇⠙⠓⠁⠧⠑⠺⠁⠇⠅⠑⠙⠁⠺⠁⠽
ναмριяє αυ!
єєн! ιм єχ¢ιтє∂ αвσυт тнιѕ αи∂ ι нσρє уσυ gυуѕ ωιℓℓ єиʝσу ιт! ι нανє ρℓαиѕ, вυт уσυ мαу нαтє мє ву тнє єи∂.

Word count: 2179
є∂ιтє∂*

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

118K 4.7K 52
Language: English ◆ The longest story I've ever written ◆ Started: 02-02-2020 Ended: 07-03-2020
22K 829 28
This is kinda gonna be dark so if u cant handle that shit back away now or forever hold regrets. Aphmau She was never like any other girl or person i...
77.9K 8K 70
𝗔 𝗵𝘂𝗴 𝗶𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗮 𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗴, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗮𝘄𝗮𝘆! @thesiddharthnigam started following @avneetkaur_13 ...
31.7K 327 64
This takes place after Aphmau and Aaron get married (in the story). I will try to post a part at least once every week! SWEAR WARNING!!