My Player Best Friend

By keepingitreal15

Sam Anderson has been best friends with the school player Chase Court since they were 5. But she's secretly i... More

Falling for My Best Friend, The Player Prologue
Staying Over
First Day
The New Guy
Jake and Chase
The Confession
The Second Confession
Evasion
Decision
Wingman
Dating Plans
Mystery
Confrontation
The Date
Revelation
Argument
Moving On
Changes
Saying "Yes"
It's Complicated
Tension and Confession
Moving closer
Parents' Talk
A Day Together
Beach Plans
Together on the Beach
IMPORTANT NOTE
Coming Home
Confessing to the Parents
Problems
Sam's Condition
Broken
Helping Out
Sabotage
Thunder
Memories
Prom
Epilogue
Author's Note

The Past

19.8K 401 8
By keepingitreal15

"Wh-what? I...I don't know what you're talking about, Daniel." I stammered.

"You don't have to play dumb with me, Sam. I've been watching Chase since he was little. I know that you're his best friend."

I sighed.

"Does she know?"

"Eleanor? Yes. She knows about Chase."

"And she's okay with it?"

"It's a long story."

"I got time."

He dragged a chair beside the bed where I'm lying and sat on it.

"So?" I asked.

"I really don't know where to start."

"Start where you met Chase's mom or did you meet Eleanor first?"

"Ah...Chase's mom, Lucy."

He sighed.

"Lucy and I were high school sweethearts. She's very smart even when we were still in high school. Business-minded person. She came from a wealthy family like me. Then there was this party for freshmen. Every freshman is invited. So I came. Lucy came too, reluctantly. She was not the type of girl who loves to party. But with the convincing of her friends, she agreed to go. At the party, we bumped into each other. It was love at first sight. Corny, huh? But it was true for us. I felt magic when our eyes first met. Then everything between us just clicked. We became a couple that night. The day after her 18th birthday, we got married. Our parents were not that happy with our decision. They think we're too young to deal with marriage. But we were in love. We don't care about other people. College came. While we were in college, Lucy and I slowly drifted apart. She was always busy. And I was too. But not as busy as her. Then I met Eleanor. She was in some of my classes. She brought the sparks back into my life. I was happy again. But that doesn't mean I didn't love Lucy anymore. Lucy met Eleanor. She threw a fit after they met. I told her that Eleanor and I were just friends. But she told me she's not dumb. She told me that she's a woman. She knew when her man is cheating on her. She knew that I wasn't cheating on her but she's not the reason of my happiness anymore. She knew that she's not the one who brings the shine in my eyes anymore. And she told me that it's better if we get a divorce. For 3 months, Lucy avoided me. I begged her to come back and when she did, I stayed away from Eleanor. Even though I had feelings for Eleanor, I ignored it. I avoided her. I was scared of losing Lucy, We graduated and Chase came in our lives. After she gave birth to Chase, Lucy had been very busy with her business. We lost the magic again. I felt like we have outgrown each other. One day, I saw Eleanor while I was out of town from a business trip. We stayed in touch after that meeting. I found out she's still single. And yes, I had an affair with her. I love her. She got pregnant with Jake and I knew I had to tell Lucy. The day I told Lucy, she was beyond furious. She threw all my clothes outside my house and told me that she doesn't want to see me ever again. After that, I lived with Eleanor. We started living like a married couple. I wanted to visit Chase but Lucy would always drive me away. I've been watching Chase from afar. Eleanor told me to enroll Jake to the school where Chase goes so I could see Chase. And I did. Seeing Chase go to school is like an achievement for me. I was very proud of him. But after a while, we had to move to London for our business and now we're back."

"So that's why Jake's last name is McDuff?"

"Yes, he carries Eleanor's maiden name. We never got married."

"Why didn't you get a divorce with Lucy?"

"Lucy hates me too much she can't even look at me."

"Are you even planning to talk to Chase?"

"Yes, but now's not the right time."

"All his life, Chase believed you're dead."

"I know. I couldn't blame Lucy if she lied to him. I mean if I was in Chase's position and found out my Dad has another family, I'd rather believe he's dead."

"Chase would be broken when he finds out."

"I know. But he's bound to find out sooner or later."

"Does Jake know?"

"No."

"Doesn't he ask questions?"

"We just tell him his mom and I can't get married. Period."

"You don't think he suspects?"

"Jake's a smart guy. I know he figured it out a long time ago but keeps his mouth shut as respect to us."

"And he's okay with it?"

"Yes. I think he's waiting for us to willingly talk about it."

"Jake's really a good guy."

He smiled in agreement.

My phone rung and I answered it.

"Hello?"

"SAMANTHA! Where the hell have you been?!"

It's Chase.

Uh-oh.

"Uh, nowhere."

"I've been trying to call you for an hour!"

"So I've noticed."

"Where are you now? I'm going to pick you up."

"No need!"

"WHAT? ARE YOU WITH A GUY NOW?"

"No! It's just that...uh...I'm at Rose's. I'll have my dinner here so you don't have to worry about me, okay? I'll go home as soon as I finished eating dinner. Bye."

I ended the call.

"Chase?" Daniel asked with longing in his eyes.

"Yes."

"He's very protective of you, isn't he?"

I smiled.

"You're in love with my son."

I nodded.

"He doesn't know it." I mumbled.

"He does."

"WHAT?!?"

"Believe me, he knows. He just doesn't want yo believe it."

He smiled.

A knock came.

The door opened and Jake entered.

"Hey, I heard about your little accident." he smiled.

I just smiled back.

"Are you okay now?"

"Yes."

"Sorry about my Dad."

"Don't be sorry. He's really cool."

"I know."

"Okay, you kids talk like I'm not even here." Daniel roared with laughter

"Come on Dad, stop pretending like you're not flattered."

We all laughed.

The door opened and Eleanor came in.

"Jake! Didn't I tell you to get Dad and Sam?" Eleanor scolded.

"Sorry, I got sidetracked." Jake grinned.

"Okay. You guys get your butts in the kitchen now. It's time for dinner."

As she was about to leave, she turned around.

"Oh and Jake, drive Sam home after dinner."

With that, she left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note

So...our examination week is up. I'm really hoping that I'll pass without summer class. Anyway that means I'm not sure when I can update. I'll just try my best to update everytime I can.

my guy best friend stopped courting my girl best friend. I don't think I should share what really happened. It's such a....touchy topic. All I can say is he gave her up for our friendship.

Love lots

Mad

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 141 34
Bayleigh Tate Thought she had Senior year mapped out to the last detail. Her life couldn't be more perfect if she wanted it to. Perfect popular frien...
97.2K 1.8K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...
1.3M 18.8K 37
Note: This was written when I was 13. It is very much a product of my little tween mind at the time. Please approach with caution. *** Shay Barron i...
379K 3K 22
Can i Have This Dance? Nicki Alab, whom lives with her step dad, step-sister and brother plus her mum in Arizona is 18 years old. She's not the prett...