Teenage Luna | ✔️

By amateurinresidence

This is a tale of three girls. The first is Violet Smith, playing the cliched new girl in a small town. The... More

T H E S T O R Y
INTRODUCTIONS
P A R T O N E
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
P A R T T W O
Prologue
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
P A R T T H R E E
Prologue
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
T H E E N D O F T H E S T O R Y

Chapter Four

1.1K 44 8
By amateurinresidence

Gif is of Aaron :) He's a cutie. 

"Where were you?!" Mum shouted, "I was worried sick. Liv, you should have come straight home. Vi, I was yelling at you but you didn't listen and just ran without any clue!"

She was still using nicknames so it couldn't have been too bad of an issue. 

Liv mumbled, "I'm sorry to have worried you."

"I'm sorry too, Mum."

Mum crossed her arms and took a deep breath before saying, "You're both grounded until Friday. Now go get some leftover pizza."

We nodded obediently. A grounding might seem bad but compared to her other punishments it's nothing. She once got so sick of us arguing with each other that she locked us in the basement of our old home. 

Apparently, it's uncommon to have a basement in Australia. 

Liv pulled out the pizza whilst I got out two plates. It wasn't until we'd both silently finished our first bite that one of us said anything.

Liv muttered, "They're werewolves."

"How is that possible?"

"I thought you couldn't even have wolves in Australia," Liv mumbled.

"I thought you couldn't even have werewolves outside of books and movies," I murmured back.

Liv and I looked to each other and she frowned, "What do we do now?"

"What do you mean what do we do?"

"Well, obviously, we can't ignore them," she hissed, "One of them is my new best friend. What do we do?"

"How should I know?" I squeaked, "We can't say anything."

"So we wait for them to bring it up?" she suggested, "Except..."

"They probably won't," I concluded, "How does one say 'you saw me as a wolf, didn't you?'"

Liv sighed and held her head, "This is so confusing. They're werewolves."

I munched on my second slice of pizza and then swallowed, "Are we sure that werewolves don't exist in Australia only?"

"Like as in native to Australia? Like a kangaroo or koala?" Liv clarified.

I nodded, "Maybe I'm an idiot and they do exist."

"Well, obviously they exist if we just saw them," Liv rolled her eyes.

I frowned, "I'm going to go do some research. Finish your dinner."

Liv glared down at her plate full of pizza and shook her head, "I'll help you with the research."

I paused, looking between her and the plate before nodding, "Sure. You aren't hungry?"

"Nah," she shook her head, "I read an article on Snapchat the other day that said heat can make some people not hungry."

"Right," I said, not believing her at all. 

We walked into my room and I switched on my laptop. 

She said, "Search up first, to make sure, that werewolves aren't native to Australia."

I clicked on Chrome and typed in werewolf australia into the search bar. The first was an article made back in 2009 labelled Full Moon's 'werewolf' effect proven in Australian hospital study...

Liv shrugged, "See what that's about?"

I clicked on it just for it to come up with a 'page not found' sign. I clicked back and scanned through the other links. There was a yahoo question about any werewolves in Brisbane but it seemed the fake, dodgy thing. Next was just a computer online game. 

I shook my head, "It looks like they are fictional."

"But that can't be," Liv scoffed, "We just saw two. In the forest. Wolves that turned into humans."

"Or," I smirked, "Humans that turned into wolves and then back to humans."

"Are they really wolves or really humans?" she narrowed her eyes.

"Who knows," I shrugged, "It's not really something we can ask. Like, 'hey Ezra, are you a wolf or a human being?' What if we... did a weird sister magic thing and hallucinated the whole thing?"

"I doubt that's possible," Liv deadpanned.

"Girls! Whose pizza is this?!" Mum shouted from the kitchen and Liv winced. 

Liv walked out of my room, calling, "Mine! I'm coming!"

I scanned through a few more articles but found nothing helpful. I leant back in my chair and frowned. So... werewolves exist. Or, well, two do.

I walked to my bed and changed out of my school uniform into the pyjamas I hid beneath my pillow. I pulled back the sheets on my bed and climbed in, leaving my comforter off. I snuggled up in my sheets and thought to myself, 'What have Liv and I got ourselves into?'

***

"He's terribly shy," Jeremy told me, "It's annoying, really."

"I'm not shy," Ezra whispered before looking me in the eyes, "I'm a werewolf."

Then he morphed into a large brown wolf two heads taller than me with bright red eyes and drool falling from two menacing fangs. The wolf's mouth opened and Aaron's head popped out.

He grinned, "Oh, and I'm a wolf too! But don't worry - when I eat your sister she'll feel the most amount of pain possible."

Ezra's mouth closed and Aaron fell out, "Dude!"

Ezra in human form shrugged, "Sorry. I was getting shy having you in my wolf mouth."

Jeremy chortled, "Shy? You're a big bad boy that gets angry when things don't go your way, remember?"

Ezra shifted back into wolf form and stomped a paw, omitting a loud growl. 

I covered my ears, "Hey, Ezzy, that hurt!"

"Sorry," he pouted, in human form again, "I'm shy, y'know."

"Yeah, he barely talks," Jeremy hurried to agree.

"But," Aaron leant in conspiratorially, "He's a werewolf."

"Aaron!" Ezra shouted, "You aren't supposed to say that!"

"Told you so!" Jeremy shouted, "Big bad boy!"

Liv suddenly appeared on Aaron's back, "Come on, werewolf-slash-new-best-friend, let's go running off into the sunset with you as a grey wolf!"

Aaron morphed and Liv leant forward as they ran down the hallway to the wide double doors and then out into the forest. 

Ezra shook his head, "I'm not doing that."

"He's shy, didya know?" Jeremy asked, with wide eyes.

"No, I didn't," I said truthfully, "I can help with your shyness."

Ezra grinned, "How?"

"We can go introduce you to Mark and Kristy as a... werewolf."

"Let's go!" Ezra shouted and he morphed as I hopped onto his back.

Jeremy shouted, "I can't morph! You haven't seen me as a wolf yet!"

"Too bad," I laughed.

***

I woke up to the sound of Liv's alarm in the next room. There was a crash and from the groan and stopped alarm I guess her alarm clock was knocked onto the floor. 

I rubbed my eyes and sat up with a small yawn. Then my dream flooded back to me and I let out a small giggle. My sleepy brain comes up with the weirdest things sometimes. 

I stood up, out of the bed and changed into the uniform I'd left on the floor, putting on deodorant and spraying myself with perfume. I brushed through my hair quickly before remembering to put it up, according to the school rules. 

Walking downstairs, I caught the scent of bacon and eggs. I sniffed again. Yep. Definitely bacon and eggs. I wrinkled my nose. Has my mum not learnt anything? 

I walked into the kitchen and sat at the table. Mum smiled at me from the stovetop, "Hi sweetie. You good?"

"Yeah," I said softly, "I just had a weird dream."

"What was it about?" Mum raised her eyebrows, intrigued. She's a psychiatrist and loves studying people's dreams.

"Werewolves," I wrinkled my nose.

"Werewolves," she smiled knowingly, "Did you stay awake too late reading fantasy books again?"

I scoffed, "No, Mum. Just... Liv and I think we saw a wolf in the forest last night."

I couldn't tell Mum I saw two werewolves in a forest. She'd take me to have exams right away. 

"That's silly," Mum rolled her eyes, "Wolves don't live in Australia. You probably confused it with a dingo or something."

"Right," I said quietly, "A dingo..."

"Ready for some brekkie?"

I took a deep breath and stalled, "What is it?"

"Bacon, sausages, eggs and hash browns."

"You went all out," I said quietly.

"Yeah," she smiled, "How many of each do you want?"

"I'll have an egg and two hash browns, thanks," I murmured, taking a plate from the table to the kitchen.

"Oh no," Mum's face fell, "Did you decide to go vegetarian again?"

"As of yesterday lunchtime," I admitted.

"Why?" she pouted but served me anyway, "Do you know how hard it is to cater for a vegetarian?"

"You manage," I complimented, "And this girl Kristy had this really smelly burger. Like... it was foul."

"So," Mum sighed, "You're vegetarian again. Okay..."

Liv walked into the room and sat in a chair, "Morning."

"Morning," I smiled at her. 

She sat down and Mum ordered, "Bring me your plate, please. We have sausages, bacon, hash browns and eggs."

Liv took her plate, though we all knew she wouldn't eat it willingly, and Mum loaded her plate with food. She rejoined me and looked at my plate. She cocked her head, "Have you gone vegetarian again?"

I nodded and she threw me a question with her eyes. Was this related to the werewolves? I shrugged silently. How did I know there weren't werecows or weresheep that I was unknowingly eating? 

Liv asked another telepathic question that I had to try and read; you good?

I threw her a small smile and nodded. It was like our own little secret - the werewolves. 

Mum sighed, "It's always scared me how you two can do that. You two seem to almost be able to read each other's minds."

Sometimes, I think we do. I would never say that aloud, though, of course. Mum would definitely send me to see her formally then. 

***

Liv and I walked to school silently. It wasn't until we were staring at the many buildings again that Liv asked quietly, "Does this feel weird?"

"Very," I nodded.

"We know two werewolves," she whispered, "And a guy who may or may not be a werewolf as well..."

"Yes. It is very weird," I concluded. 

"Violet!" a voice called. I glanced to where Kristy was standing with Mark, Eric and another girl. 

I smiled brightly at them and Olivia mumbled, "See you later."

I watched as she walked off to a group of kids sitting near the office. I looked back to Kristy and the others and approached, "Wotcha!"

"Huh?" Kristy cocked her head.

The others looked equally as confused.

I looked between them all, blankly, "Wotcha?"

"Watch what?" Mark asked.

I mentally face-palmed myself, "It means 'hi'."

"Oh," Kristy said simply, "Please no foreign terms."

Says the girl that I think can speak Japanese.

"Hi, yourself," Eric said.

"Nice to meet you," the other girl smiled coldly, "I'm Rachael. Call me Rachael."

"Pleased to meet you too, Rachael," I returned. 

Rachael sighed and turned to Kristy, in turn, completely blocking me off from the group, "You invited a girl to sit with us in the time I was sick?"

Kristy shrugged, "She's nice."

Rachael turned to me with narrowed eyes. Right now was the time I expected her to go all Regina George and say 'You can't sit with us'. 

But instead, she said, "I don't want you here. Go."

I raised an eyebrow, "Excuse me?"

"You're excused," she said, poshly.

Eric sighed, "Babe, calm down. She's cool."

Rachael wrinkled her nose and flicked her hair over her shoulder, "Can you imagine what Opal's gonna say about this?"

Mark muttered something I didn't catch but Rachael obviously did. She gasped at him, "Thompson!"

Mark shrugged, "Stuff you, Rachael."

He stopped leaning against the tree and he and Eric made their way over to a few other guys I recognised from yesterday. 

Rachael harrumphed at me, "I hate you already."

"What did I do to you?" I dared to ask. Honestly, I was pretty sure I hadn't done anything rude to her.

Rachael looked me up and down and I swear her glance flickered to Eric, "You're trying to make the moves on my boyfriend."

"No, she wasn't," Kristy stepped in for me, "Besides, she barely knows Eric. She came here yesterday."

"You don't like Eric?" Rachael raised an eyebrow.

I shook my head truthfully, "I don't even know him."

"Okay," she said quietly and then her face split into a smile, "As long as you stay just friends with Eric, we can be friends."

"S-sure," I nodded slowly but by seeing how she first reacted I'm not sure I wanted to be friends with her. 

"Violet Smith!" a voice shouted across the lawn and I jumped from the severity of my full name. 

Kristy glanced over my shoulder and wrinkled her nose, "What's Jeremy Asher wanna speak with you for?"

I lied straight through my teeth, "No idea."

"His adorable brother's with him, too," Rachael stated, "That fourten-year-old is gonna grow up fine."

"Oh," Kristy sighed, "And that weird friend of his. Rach, what's his name again?"

"James?" Rach suggested.

"No, that's his last name I think," Kristy murmured.

"And here the nerds come," Rach muttered and I felt a tap on my shoulder, "Violet, we need to speak with you."

I froze. 

There were two werewolves and a maybe-werewolf behind me. How was I supposed to just speak to them?

Rachael remarked, "Oh, look, it's the mute."

She and Kristy rolled their eyes in synchronisation. 

Okay, that was it with Rachael. I could not stand her, in the slightest. 

"Rachael," I sighed, "Please stop insulting the people I talk to."

"If you talk to us, then turn around and talk with us," Jeremy ordered, a sudden intensity in his voice. 

I let out a deep sigh and spun on my heels, facing the trio, "Wotcha."

"Watch what?" Aaron cocked his head.

Jeremy explained for me, "It means 'hi' and is usually associated with the cockney accent in England."

I cocked my head at him.

He smirked, "Tonks says it in Harry Potter."

"Right," I sighed, "What do you want?"

"I think you know," Aaron narrowed his eyes.

"No clue," I lied.

Ezra suddenly snapped. He didn't lash out or say anything but he straightened up and his eyes shot to mine, defensive and harsh. 

"Oh look," Rachael remarked behind me, "Shy boy isn't so shy."

I watched his hands curl into fists and Jeremy murmured, "Calm down, James."

Ezra took a deep breath, letting it out slowly.

I whispered, "I know what this is about but you don't really wanna talk about it at school, do you?"

Jeremy said in a normal voice, "Well, not with two eavesdropping queen bees behind you."

"Queen bee?" Kristy repeated, "This isn't some typical teen fiction book, dude."

"Oh, I know," Aaron murmured softly, "If it was, it would be seriously effed-up."

"What?" Rachael asked.

"Nothing," Aaron sighed.

Ezra grabbed my wrist silently and I squeaked as he jerked me away from the two girls with force I didn't know he had. He let go of my wrist once we were away from everyone and I looked down at it, narrowing my eyes at the red, blotchy mark on it, "You hurt me."

"I'm sorry," he whispered, staring at the mark.

***

Song: Lifestyles of the Rich and the Famous - Good Charlotte

Last update for today :) Another update should be out tomorrow. Sorry if it isn't. 

Vote and comment pleaaaaaase. 

What do you think about everything? Didya think the dream was funny? hehe. I had fun writing it. 

xx Sharky. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 8.3K 60
[COMPLETED] BOOK ONE of the LACKING HUMANITY SERIES * * * In a cold and damped cell lies a young she-wolf whose life is controlled by scientists. All...
73 19 8
Ten years ago, we were happy and by that, I mean, the Blood Moon Pack. We had a wonderful Alpha, Remus and a lovely Luna, Grace. And everything...
224K 10.7K 64
Shy bookworm Sophie liked her nice, quiet life - but her world is about to be rocked when her incredibly attractive Alpha, Malcolm drunkenly confesse...
196K 8.7K 43
When no one talks to you anymore or even sees you, you wonder, what's the point? I could move after high school, I could start over, but it wouldn't...