Percy Jackson Love of Aphrodi...

By KatieMossman

Annabeth dumps Percy after they'd been together for over five years. As a result, Percy is devastated and dep... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue

Chapter 20

24.9K 394 180
By KatieMossman

A/N I'm working on another fanfic idea, it won't be Percabeth but I haven't decided on the ship yet either. although I'm considering Pertamis as one of the options. It also won't have the typical beginning which is usually either Percy being betrayed or Annabeth cheating. it will be different for sure. 

Annabeth's point of view

After I finished talking to Percy I went back to the Athena cabin and got ready for bed, since I was just visiting I didn't really have a set schedule other than to make sure I finished the designs for the city. Partway through the morning I went into the woods headed for a place that most demigods don't go to nowadays due to the number of demigods who lost their lives there.

why did I go to what had once been Zeus's fist? Well, I planned on sending an Iris message, and I didn't want anyone to Overhear what I would say. Since it was summer my father, stepmother, and brothers were visiting, while I was here visiting camp my parents were spending some time with my son.

Yes a few weeks after I left Percy and he left camp I was quite shocked when I learned that I was in fact pregnant. I hadn't been with anyone other than Percy so he had to be the father. When I found out I contemplated contacting him and telling him, but I instead kept it to myself. The only other people who knew besides me were my mother, my father, my stepmother, and, my half-brothers.

I left camp a couple weeks after Percy since I got tired of dealing with how everyone was treating me. They were all judging me and saying that I was too harsh when I ended things with Percy, and if it wasn't for Percy making him swear not to Poseidon probably would have killed me. After he was born I'd named my son Luke, and I'd been living in New York, working for an architecture firm since.

My parents and step-mom had told me numerous times that I should contact Percy and tell him about Luke but I couldn't bring myself to face him since I knew that what I'd done had probably hurt him a great deal. Luke knows the truth about my mother, and I had promised him that someday he would get to meet his father, but I don't know if I'm ready to tell Percy yet. I quickly Iris messaged my father, mainly just to check on Luke.

I finished talking to my father and headed back toward camp I know that I have to tell Percy soon but I'm not sure if he'll even want to talk to me since it was obvious when we last spoke that he is still upset with me. I went back to the Athena cabin where I continued working on the plans for the city.

I left long enough to eat lunch, but I once again returned to my cabin to work on the designs. Partway through the afternoon I heard someone say "Annabeth,"

Unfortunately for me, I recognized the voice, and the last time we had spoken she had been far from happy with me. I couldn't help but wonder what she could want now. My first thought was that she might have come to remind me of my stupidity about Percy, or to tell me to stay away from him, but then another thought occurred to me, did she know about Luke, was it possible that she knew about Luke and that I had never told Percy?

The only way I would find out would be by talking to her so I turned to face the love goddess. "Lady Aphrodite, why are you here?" I asked trying to be somewhat polite despite the fact that I didn't like her much.

Her next words hit me like a cyclops's club, she said, "I know Annabeth, and if you don't tell him soon I will."

For a moment I couldn't speak and simply stared at her blankly like an idiot.

I finally found my voice again, and said, "How do you know?"

Aphrodite rolled her eyes before saying, "I thought you were supposed to be the smart one, I'm the goddess of Love Annabeth, and while most do not realize it I can sense and manipulate every kind of love, however, I rarely ever manipulate them anymore I merely observe them."

I stared at her in momentary shock before she continued, "I sensed your parental love for your son Annabeth. I can also sense that you still long for Percy. I also know that you don't have enough love left for him for a relationship to last. If he gave you another chance it would only result in his heart being broken again.

Tell him about your son, but other than that leave him alone. If you haven't told him by tomorrow I will make sure he learns the truth, and he will be hurt once again when he learns that you didn't have the courage to tell him yourself."

As Aphrodite finished her little speech she sounded almost threatening, but then again If that new daughter of hers was also Percy's daughter that could mean that she might still care for Percy. I found that thought rather hard to believe though considering the love goddess's usual habits when it comes to men.

Percy's point of view

The next day started out normally, | went to breakfast, trained, and so on. It was afternoon before things started to get strange. For starters Aphrodite showed up again, that wasn't exactly strange since she had been doing that quite often lately, what was strange was what she said to me while she was there. Our conversation started out normal, but before long it went in an odd direction.

"I think I'll be alright," I said in reply to her inquiry about how I was doing now that Annabeth was back.

Aphrodite was silent for a moment before finally saying, "Percy, Annabeth has kept a secret from you for years now, she should have told you long ago, but I'm going to give her one last chance to tell you before I do. If she doesn't tell you by tomorrow, I will return and tell you.

"What are you talking about? What secret?" I asked, rather confused.

what in hades was she talking about, what had Annabeth kept from me?

When I thought about it, I was pretty sure that Annabeth had considered saying more last night when we had spoken outside my cabin, but what had she been going to say? What was she hiding? After I spoke with Aphrodite I couldn't seem to get that thought out of my head so I continued to wonder about it for quite a while.

Eventually, I went to the sword arena to try and take my mind off everything. As I slashed and hacked at the training dummies I heard an all too familiar voice say, "Dad,"

I smiled, turning to face Silena.

We haven't spent quite as much time together as we used to since I was letting her make friends, train, and generally get used to camp. Maybe I should have spent more time with her, but I figured I would give her some time to get to know her half siblings and the other campers.

After I turned to face her I hugged her, and she returned it after we broke the hug she remarked, "You seem to be doing better, does mom have something to do with that?"

A sheepish smile appeared on my face before I admitted, "I think it's partially seeing Chiron and my old friends again, but yes she has helped as well,"

The truth was that Aphrodite had been helping me more than I had let on to Silena, I might actually be starting to love her, although I hadn't admitted that to anyone yet. I think Silena probably knew by now that Annabeth was the girl that had hurt me so long ago. I didn't know if the two had met yet, but if they did it would probably be an awkward conversation.

I was walking back to my cabin later that afternoon when I heard Annabeth say, "Percy, I need to tell you something,"

"What is it Annabeth?" I asked, not particularly interested in talking to her.

Instead of answering she indicated that I should follow her. I hesitated but my curiosity won out so I followed her. "why are we so far into the woods?" I  eventually asked, not afraid, I was just confused.

Annabeth replied, "I'm not ready for anyone else to know yet. Percy, we have a son."

"What!" I blurted shocked.

Annabeth just continued, "A couple weeks after you left I found out I was pregnant, and since you were the only Person I had been with I knew you had to be the father."

After she finished explaining I was quite shocked, I had not just one child but two?"

I wasn't really happy that she hadn't told me sooner, but she had stated her reason even if it wasn't the best excuse.

"I have to tell Silena about this," I stated not realizing that Annabeth hadn't known that Silena was my daughter.

I guess she'd had her suspicions but I'd only just confirmed them. Even though I didn't feel like I needed to explain my actions that night I told Annabeth what I had done after she'd hurt me worse than any physical injury could have. I couldn't believe that I had a son, but I was pretty sure Annabeth wasn't lying since her explanation had seemed realistic, and she had shown me a picture of him which showed that he did have some of my features.

A/N I know I'm doing it again, I actually had a different name chosen for Annabeth and Percy's son but it didn't seem to fit so I went with the cliche even if I did the same in some of my other books. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.6K 393 24
It's been two years now, since it happened. Since he lost the most important person to him. Furious with the gods, Percy has separated himself from h...
143K 1.7K 16
Annabeth breaks up with Percy and he gets wasted that same night. 9 months later he gets a little surprise.
38.4K 572 12
Annabeth breaks up with Percy and he gets wasted that same night. 9 months later he gets a little surprise.
60.8K 465 20
Prequel to "Of New Life" in which Percy and Annabeth enjoy the end of the war and move forward with life. Together, they finally settle down together...