Counting Scars - OUAT

By Kaysimagination

[DISCLAIMER] guys I wrote this when I was 14 and I cringe every time I look at it. He looks at me, tears con... More

Arrival
Bitter Sweet Welcome
Doleful Sickness
Despairing the Demon
Covert his Death
Sickness Returns
The Demon Breaks the Chains
Aqua Speculo
Cabin Boy
Dark Hollow
The New Queen
Unknown Power
Caged
Shattered
The Lost Boy
Control
The Boy of the Shadows
Summer
Kiss Splits Into Two
His Weakness
Counting Scars
Conversations with a Demon
Love
Change of Heart
The End

Darkness Within Beauty

3.5K 184 63
By Kaysimagination

A/N: warning, it may get intensely sad... Bring tissues

Long ago....

"Peter, a girl is here!" Felix exclaimed as he darted into camp.

Peter stops playing the pan pipes, setting the mystical instrument on a log. Felix runs up to him, out of breath. "The... girl.... she.... claims.... to be.... a... witch of.... Neverland."

All of the boys stopped dancing, a look of horror was plastered across the seven Lost Boys. Their eyes widened at Peter, saying, "what do we do?"

Not only was there shock, but confusion and curiosity. There weren't supposed to be females in Neverland. Peter made it that way so him and the boys could live with their simple ways for the rest of their eternity.

"Well, Felix, bring her here please." He softly demanded while crossing his arms.

Felix nods and rushes into the forest. Peter could hear his voice murmuring, "let's go. He wants to meet you, miss." He closed his eyes, focusing on the sounds of their feet crunching against the dried up leaves below, but the only steps he could hear, were Felix's. Peter's brows furrowed frustratedly, especially when Felix came back with no girl in sight.

That was, until a girl with golden brown skin, ocean blue eyes, raven black hair, and a warming smile, came into view. Peter could feel his heart fluttering and skipping a beat or two at the sight of her.

What is happening to me?  Peter questioned in his head while flashing a nervous smile at the girl. She walked gracefully to him, her  scintillating yellow dress was short in the front, but the back was trailing behind her. The boys gaped at her as she walked. Peter could hear their hearts thumping in his ears.

"Are you Peter Pan?" The girl questions in a sweet and alluring voice.

Peter's brows furrowed as he tried to calm down his beating heart. "I'm just Peter."

She shakes her head, a giggle as sweet as honey escaping her pink lips. "Yes, Peter, player of the pan pipes. The shadow and I call you Peter Pan."

"Oh," Peter blushed. "And what is your name?"

Suddenly, her brows furrow. "I'm afraid I do not have a name."

He smiles, "then I'll name you." Peter examines her features. "Summer. That suites you well."

***

Ever since then, Peter and Summer became very close. Summer showed Peter, the ruler of Neverland, secret places around the island and what the names of certain places are:

East will lead you to Cannibal Cove.

West will take you to Princess Tiger Lily's tribe.

North will take you to Peter's camp.

South will lead you to Pirates Cove.

Northeast will take you to Dark Hollow.

Northwest will lead you to the Hangman's Tree, and farther that way, will take you to Dead Man's Cliff.

Southeast takes you to Mermaid Lagoon.

Southwest takes you to Skull Rock.

And in the center of it all, is Pixie Hollow.

"My jobs is to protect this land, and keep it in harmony," Summer explained while they were sharpening knives one day. "I was created here and will stay here until I am killed."

Peter stops sharpening, "haven't you ever gotten bored of this place?"

She giggles and shakes her head, "there's always a new adventure here in Neverland. You'll be surprised at how much time flies here."

Peter smiles, his heart fluttering again. "H-Have you ever loved before?"

She glances at him, her warm smile painting across her face. "I have."

That was all said. "I have". Peter didn't continue to ask questions. He stopped, and left it a mystery, a guessing game. After all, he loved guessing games...

***

"I'm taking you to a very important place," Summer whispered after breakfast. "A place that will show you who you truly are."

In a blink of an eye, they were at Dead Man's cliff. Peter peered down the steep, drop. An awful way to die, he thought in his head.

At the wave of her hand, Summer made a bush of thorns clear away, a gap in the rocks, surface was shown, along with the trickling sound of a waterfall into a pool of water.

"This, is Aqua Speculo, the water mirror," she says, walking into the cave. "It shows the beauty behind the demon..... Or it shows the demon behind the beauty."

Summer kneels down in front of the pool. "It reflects who you are," she added.

Peter kneels down beside he, staring at his reflection through the blue water. The liquid rippled and white angel wings appeared behind Peter's back. He looks behind himself, but there was nothing there.

Summer smirks jocundly, "you are pure, innocent, and true to yourself, Peter."

Peter suddenly frowns. "I'm not. If anything, I'm the opposite."

"The water doesn't lie, Peter. This is who you are," she argued.

Peter sighs and dips his hand into the blue water.

"Peter, don't!" Summer shrieked, snatching his arm.

But it was too late. The water seemed to be grabbing Peter, pulling him under. Peter's breath quickened, his eyes wide. Summer used all the strength she  had, pulling his away from the water.

"W-What was that?" Peter questioned shakily.

Summer sighs, "never touch that water. It shows that you are giving into beauty. Beauty is darkness." Peter trembles, "do you die?"

She shakes her head, "no, you become the worst version of yourself. You become even more beautiful, but more deadly. It's the price."

***

Days went on. It did not matter to those on Neverland. No one kept track of time only because it was not needed. However, within those days, Peter continued to be madly in love.

Tonight was a starry night. Peter's forest green eyes sparkled rapturously, his heart fluttering as if there was a butterfly trapped inside.

With this happiness, he made a bouquet of the most vibrant wildflowers, he wrapped the flowers together out of a bracelet he made, created with the smooth pearls of Neverland. Lastly, he wrote a sentence. A small one that had a big meaning, written from the bottom of his heart.

To you, whom I would live for, yet die for in my never ending love.  

Satisfied with what he wrote, he walked out of his tent and headed for Mermaid Lagoon, Summer's favorite place to watch the stars.

He was about to step onto the white sand, when he heard voices. One was sweet, the sound of honey, and the other, was deep.

On the soft sand, laid Summer and Blaze, watching the stars and telling stories. Peter hid behind a tree, watching them as they talked.

Please don't be in love, Peter prayed in his head.

But luck was not on his side...

Summer and Blaze stood up, their noses touching. A big smile was plastered on both o f their faces. Summer looked at Blaze in a way peter had never seen before. Slowly, they leaned in until their lips pressed together. Summer wrapped her arms around Blaze's neck, pulling him close to her. They were in deep and true, love.

Peter stood there, tears escaping his green eyes like rain on a foggy, dark day. He shook his head slightly, begging that this was all a dream. His heart suddenly felt empty, it hurt, it ached, it throbbed. Tears continued to pour down his face, but not a sob escaped his lips. He turned around, still clutching the bouquet of flowers. Flowers that were meant for the only thing he cared about in his whole life.

He turned around and ran with a throbbing heart. Peter darted into his tent and slumped into his bed. It was then, that the sobs escaped his lips as he took sharp breaths of air. He clutched his chest were his heart thumped with sorrow. He held back the screams as he felt his heart breaking into shattered pieces of nothing.

Peter stood up and walked to the mirror on his dresser. The same question kept flashing in his mind, what did I do wrong?

He stared at his reflection as tears trickled down his cheeks. His eyes were now puffy and red and glossed with sadness as they drooped.

He could admit to himself that he wasn't the most handsome boy on the island. He never thought of his appearance until now. A thin layer of dirt covered his face, his hair was ruffled and swooped to the side not very neatly. His pale skin no longer glowed with happiness anymore. He couldn't recognize himself anymore. The boy in the mirror did not look right.

An idea popped into his mind. It was a dark idea, but he felt like there was no choice in himself. He was in pain, and he needed it to stop.

With a heavy, yet empty heart, Peter made his way to Dead Man's Cliff. He cleared the poisonous thorns and entered the cave.

Without hesitation, he dove into the waters of the pool. The waters of the Aqua Speculo. The water was dense, he could not swim to the surface no matter how hard he tried. Peter squeezed his eyes shut, letting go, letting the water control him.

The waters were cool against his skin, it felt pleasant. He let his mind slip away and allowed the water poison the light inside him.....

***

Sumer and Blaze walked hand in hand with smiles on their faces. Both of their eyes were full of a dreamy daze that could last forever in their love.

"Enjoyed the stars?" Peter asked as he appeared behind them, leaning against a tree with crossed arms.

Summer and Blaze turned around startled. Summer's eyes widened when she saw Peter's appearance. "Peter, what did you do?"

Peter's hair was swept to the side, but also lifted up as if it were gelled. His eyes were sharper, a fierce green, and a smirk played on his plump lips.

Peter raises a brow, "me? I didn't do anything." He chuckles darkly,"let's just say I became the worst version in myself, by which is my best version."

Summer's eyes widened even more, fear flashing across her face. "You didn't.... Why?"

Peter glares at the couple. "Because he stole what was rightfully mine." He walks towards Summer, but is blocked from Blaze. "Stop, Peter. She didn't do anything wrong. Leave us alone."

Peter cocks a brow. "Since when did you get to tell me what to do?" Suddenly, he thrusts his hand into Blaze's chest, pulling out with a heart in his hand. Blaze gasps, clenching his teeth.

"And by the way, it's Pan now."

With those words, Pan slowly squeezed Blaze's heart until it was nothing but dust. Blaze's body slumped to the ground with a thus, motionless.

Summer screamed, dropping to her knees, bursting into tears.

"Peter! You demon!" She sobbed. She wrapped her arms around the motionless body and hugged him tightly.

Pan stood there, a smirk on his face. "It hurts, doesn't it? To see the only thing you care about out of reach, now only to watch it dead or alive. Now you're just like me."

She shakes her head. "No, the difference is that you cannot be loved, Peter, and that's how it's always been."

He frowned, "yes, but I can love. I used to feel it."

She sniffles, "well, I guess you won Peter Pan. But two can play at the game of death."

Quickly, she pulls out her dagger, in a blink of an eye, she stabbed herself right in the heart. Her eyes closed as she drew her last breath before falling to the ground.

"No!" Peter shouted as he rushed to her. "No, no, no, no, please no." Tears began to roll down his cheeks. "I'm sorry! Please! Summer!" He sobbed even more, pulling her motionless body to him. "What have I done?"

It stormed for the rest of that night. Clouds rolled in and thunder boomed through the sky. Pan sat on a log, watching the fire die out just as his heart had. Perpetual tears were dripping down his chin.

A tap could be felt on his shoulder. He slowly turned around, his eyes swapped with curiosity.

In front of him was a little girl with blonde hair, slightly tan skin, and icy blue eyes. She wore a purple nightgown and held a light brown teddy bear with black eyes and a red ribbon around it.

The little girl gives a sympathetic smile and gives Peter the bear, "it looks like you need a friend."

***

A/N: I have mixed emotions right now.....

-If you cried then vote

-if you died then comment the crying emoji or say that you died.
Word count: 2,115

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 4.6K 100
𝟏𝟖+ *𝐒𝐦𝐮𝐭*𝐀𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧*𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐲*𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫*𝐅𝐥𝐮𝐟𝐟 *Complete, but in its original first draft state! Totally full of grammatical err...
3.7K 26 16
sadly, I've decided to give up on this book. but still feel free to read it and if you want me to continue it please comment and give me ideas. I'm n...
2.3M 55.7K 51
A girl doomed before her own birth to be violently wanted by every person in her entire world, and then imprisoned for her entire life starting at ag...
423K 12K 89
Peter Pan never thought he'd do anything selfless. He never thought he'd want to die. He never thought he'd be able to love. He never thought he'd se...