Scottish Beauty

De Sweetpeas

Known for their beauty, the Campbell sisters have many men vying for their hands, but as Lady Emma was the el... Mais

Chapter One - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Two - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Three - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Four - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Five - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Six - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Seven - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Eight - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Nine - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Ten - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Eleven - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Twelve - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Thirteen - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Fourteen - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Fifteen - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Sixteen - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Seventeen - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Eighteen - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Nineteen - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Twenty - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Twenty-One - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Twenty-Two - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Twenty-Three - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Twenty-Four - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Twenty-Five - Scottish Beauty
Chaper Twenty-Seven - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Thirty - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Thirty-One - Scottish Beauty
Chapter Thirty-Two - Scottish Beauty
Epilogue - Scottish Beauty

Chapter Twenty-Six - Scottish Beauty

155K 3.7K 150
De Sweetpeas

Chapter Twenty-Six

"Andrew," Robert swallowed loudly and stepped forward.    "Emma.......," he looked to Ian for help, but continued on "....she is missing."

"Missing," Andrew whispered to himself, his body felt numb, like he was in a daze.   How could his wife be missing?   He looked up a Robert and tried to stay calm............."One of ye were suppose to be with her."

"Andrew," it was Ian now that stepped forward, "twas a confusion, Grant and I thought Emma was with Robert and Elise, Robert and Elise thought Emma was with us."  Ian rubbed his face now, his face was pale, he was sweating...."We dinna think she would leave the castle walls alone."

"She what?" Andrew shouted at them all now coming closer.  

"Aye Andrew," Robert continued on.  "Twas said she was in the gardens this afternoon, I went to check, her basket was there," he choked down another swallow....."But the postern gate was opened.   Emma was nae where to be seen."

"She left the safety of the castle!" Angus shouted getting into the conversation.   Shaking his head now...."Nae.......no Emma," Angus was shaking his head.   "Nae.....she wouldna left the castle for nae reason."

"Did ye look around the garden Robert?" Donald asked him, his face also pale at the thought of his daughter missing once again.

"Nae....I dinna have time to....." Robert started but before he could continue, Andrew took off towards the kitchen like a bolt of lightning.   Ian and Grant hot on his heels.

Donald collapsed onto a stool, bent over his face held in the palms on his hands.  Elise walked over to her father now, kneeling down before him, placing her arms around his shoulders.   "We will find her Papa," she softly told him.    He nodded to her as he wiped a stray tear making its way down his weathered skin.

"We just found her Elise," Donald croaked out, his voice thick with emotion.    He needed to pull himself together, not fall apart.   Taking a few deeps breaths, the overwhelming feelings were coming over him like they did not long ago.  Composing himself now, he sat up in the stool.     "Twas that bastard Colin.....aye twas him alright," Donald spat out as he looked over at Angus.  Angus just nodded at him, confirming that his suspicions of Colin weren't the only ones.

"Robert," Angus called to him angrily.   "Has the entire castle been checked?"

Shaking his head.........."Nae Da, when ye all came in twas when we realized we dinna know where Emma was."

Angus started bellowing out orders now.   He wanted every available servant and clansmen to check the entire castle.   Every room, every alcove, the garden, the courtyard and stables......anywhere where Emma would go, he wanted it checked.  The servants ran about at their Laird's orders and started reporting back what Angus already suspected.    That still, Emma was nowhere to be found.

Andrew stormed into the Great Hall, his face full of fury, his hands balled into fists at his sides.    He was dangerous right now..........murderous..........

He attacked one of the tables, picking it up and smashing it into the castles walls.  Goblets of ale and wine went flying, smashing to the ground, clansmen went scurrying to their safety for Andrew had the look of the devil right now, like he was possessed.

Andrew couldn't hear anything that anyone was saying.  His mind was filled with rage.  He needed to think and the only way was to calm himself down.  He walked over to the hearth and rested his forearms on the mantle.   His forehead resting on his hands, taking deeps breaths, he could slowly start to hear Ian and Grant relaying to the rest what they had found.

"Da.....twas two sets of horse prints, they were fresh." Ian started to tell them all.   "Also, twas two sets of fresh booted prints on the soil no far from the gate."

"Ye mean ye think someone was out there waiting for her?" Angus said his voice furious.

"Aye," Grant started in.   "Twas also a dead kitten looks as though the neck was broken, it was lying a few feet from the gate."  Grant looked over at Elise now, her face was pale as she gasped out loud.

"Ye think they used the kitten to get Emma outside the castle walls," Elise sobbed out, her hand fluttering to her throat in disgust.  Ian and Grant both just nodded.

"Why else would Emma have the need to leave the castle walls?" Ian defended his sister-in-law.   

"Aye," agreed Grant.  "Emma wouldna left the safety of the castle if she dinna think the kitten was in danger.   The tail on the kitten twas broken.......aye.....I believe they were torturing it so that Emma would come and see."

"Jesu," Angus murmured out.   He rubbed his face with his hands, he just could not believe what was happening, could not believe what he was hearing.

The Great Hall was eerily quiet right now.   A few murmurs could be heard, some clansmen speaking amongst themselves.    A few servants were summoned to clean up the mess that Andrew had made, mostly they were all waiting around for something, for an order, for someone...anyone to direct them.

Andrew turned to them all now, his face was calm, but it was his eyes that told what was going through his head.  His eyes were dark, emotionless.........empty.     His hands were at his sides, his right hand hovering over the hilt of his sword, begging someone to defy him so that he could unsheathe it and unleash his fury on them.   No one moved, no one said a word.

"Robert," Andrew said as calmly as possible.   "Five score men I want riding with us.   Robert.........ye will pick them all.   Understood?" Andrew eyed him.

"Aye," Robert nodded, he understood completely.  His brother trusted him to pick out the best of the best of Clan McKenna, only they would ride on the hunt for Colin McDonald.

"Laird Campbell," Andrew addressed his father-in-law now.........."Ye said ye have three score men with ye." When Donald nodded, Andrew continued.    "They will ride with us as well, aye?"

"Aye," Donald responded.

"Ian," Andrew called to him.  "Ye will remain at Castle McKenna, ye will be in charge."   Ian nodded, accepting his direct order from Andrew.

"Grant, ye will ride?" Andrew asked him.  

"Of course, I willna stay behind Andrew," Grant reassured his oldest brother.  Nothing was stopping him from joining in the hunt.

Elise stepped forward now, squared her shoulders and cleared her throat.............."Andrew.....I am riding as well," Elise told him, her voice strong, she was daring him to deny her the right to help find her sister and bring down the bastard that took her.

"Aye Elise," Andrew nodded........."Ye will most definitely be riding with us."

"When Robert returns," Andrew started on them all.........."We will leave."

"Nae...........we leave at first light," Angus amended Andrew's order.

Andrew turned towards his Da now................"We leave immediately Da, I willna stay here a night without Emma!" he yelled now.

"Andrew..........."Angus tried to be as calm as possible..........."Tis only an hour left of daylight.........we canna ride in the dark..........tis dangerous. Ye are upset, ye dinna think clearly now." Angus repeated his order once again........"We leave at daylight!"

Andrew stepped forward now, his mouth opened to respond to his Da's orders when Angus stepped forward himself and challenged his son.............."Ye dare defy me!" Angus retorted.    "I am still Laird here, I over ruled your order................we leave in the morn!"  Angus turned towards the crowd............"Aye.............we leave in the morn...............I willna risk my family, my men........or my horses," Angus turned back to Andrew now........"Ye know I'm right Andrew."

Andrew did know that his Da was right, but how could he stay here a night without Emma?   He couldn't, he wouldn't go near their bedchamber, her scent lingered in the air, on their pillows, where ever he looked, all he saw was Emma.  Defeated, he just nodded to his Da, telling him that he would obey his order.   

The rest of the Great Hall disbursed or ate the cold meal that was set out by the servants.    Most went to their bedchambers, the servants pulled out their pallets and bedded down for the night.   Most of the clansmen went to their cottages or slept outside in the courtyard.

Andrew knew that he wasn't going to sleep, it would never come to him.   He sat in front of the hearth with a goblet of ale in his hands, just staring into the flames.  He could drink himself into oblivion if he wanted to, but that wouldn't help his search on the morrow, so he just nursed the cup that he had.  He knew he was going with lack of sleep, but he still needed his wits.

Ian pulled up the chair the next to Andrew and stared into the flames as well.   No words were said between the brothers.   Andrew knew that Ian was there for him if he needed him.  It was comforting knowing that he was there with him, for the night was long and if there was anyone else as upset as Andrew was, it was Ian.  Ian and Emma shared a special friendship, Andrew knew that sleep would elude Ian as well.

"What did ye do to her?" Colin spat out at his two henchmen who kidnapped Emma for him.  When they rode into the copse of trees that they had been hiding out in for the last sennight, waiting for the perfect opportunity to carry out their plan, Emma was draped over the arms of one his men.  

Opportunity finally proposed itself that afternoon when Emma ventured out into the gardens alone.  "Och....well.....how we were supposed to get her to come with us?   Twas Eli who gave her a good solid tap with the hilt of his sword.......aye....that shut up her bonny mouth!" Allen, the second henchmen told Colin.

Colin looked furious at the two of them.   "Ye dinna have to hit her so hard, I told ye I dinna wanting either of ye touching her!" Colin argued with them.

"Aye......well.........twas no ye who went to get her, twas us and we did what we did," Eli told Colin, none too happy with his tone with them.

Allen stepped closer to Emma now, he laid her down onto the mossy earth after sliding off of his mount.  She was out cold, a large lump had already formed on the back of her head where Eli had hit her.   Crouching down now he grabbed her hand and showed the ring on her finger to Colin.   

"Did ye know that the lass is married?" Allen asked Colin still holding Emma's hand, the McKenna ring gleaming with the late afternoon sun.

"Damation!" Colin swore staring at the ring on her finger.   "The bitch, she couldna waited.........nae!"   He started pacing the small clearing now, thinking of what his next move would be.

"She's expecting a bairn as well," Allen also said smirking at Colin's frustration.

"A bairn!' yelled Colin spinning on his heels and making his way over to Emma.    He crouched down beside her now, placed his hand over her belly.   Found the small bulge that was concealed in the many layers of her gown.

"Jesu," he wiped his face and looked around.   "We need to get out of here.   The McKenna's surely will find that she is missing soon."    Colin bent over now and scooped Emma up into his arms and handed her over to Eli.    He mounted his horse and waited for Eli to hand Emma back up to him, once she was settled, he bellowed out his orders that they were returning home.

The courtyard was already a buzz of activity when the sun was just rising over the meadow.  Horses were being readied, last minute preparations were being made before the McKenna's and the Campbell's left on their mission to find Emma.

Andrew atop of Zeus, who pranced nervously, was up front leading.    His Da flanked him on one side, Laird Campbell on the other.   Behind him was Elise in the middle flanked with Grant on her left, Robert to her right.    Behind them were both clans mixed together, ready and waiting for Andrew's order to ride.

"Laird Campbell," Andrew addressed his father-in-law.    "We ride first to Castle McDonald, ye will show us the way."

Donald nodded, "Aye...Andrew.....twas my first thought as well.  A wee visit with Laird McDonald is the first place we should start with to hunt down his bastard son."

"Aye," Angus agreed with them.  "We will storm the castle if we have to."

Ian signalled the horn letting Andrew know that all preparations were readied, they were all prepared to go.    Turning towards his brother now, Andrew nodded to Ian and stood up in his saddle.    Sword raised high in the air, a silent command for obedience was what Andrew was demanding of all that rode with him.

He released the McKenna battle cry for all to hear and then they were all off. 

 The ground shook, all the villagers streamed out of their cottages to see the magnificent site of the warriors storming past.   Women weeped for the loss of their Lady, men proud to be part of a clan that protects their own, children watched as well.    Wee lads with gleams in their eyes hoping one day to become a great warriors, wee lasses with awe in their eyes for the knights that perhaps someday would win their hearts.

They rode hard for the better part of the morn.   Andrew knew that he needed to call a halt soon, Zeus was slowing down, clearly needed to rest and have some water.   The other horses would be the same.    A small clearing came into view where a stream flowed freely, a perfect place to rest and water the horses.

Andrew pulled on the reins to slow Zeus down, raised his hand in the air to command silence and a halt.   He dismounted and pulled Zeus over to the stream and the rest followed.    Most of the men stretched their legs, others sat eating what was prepared for them.   

"One hour," was all that Andrew said to his Da, Donald, his brother's and Elise.   He felt guilty wasting the precious hour when he could be riding closer to Emma, but the horses needed to rest, so did his men.   Andrew ate the food that he had in his saddle bags.   He tasted nothing, couldn't even tell you what he ate, only Emma was on his mind and what that bastard was doing to her.

They reached Castle McDonald mid-afternoon and Andrew wasted no time in getting the Laird's attention.   The sentries had already alerted the castle that there was a large approaching party arriving soon.  The castle prepared for attack, Laird McDonald awaited high above on the battlements with his heir by his side.

"Ewan McDonald," Andrew shouted for all to hear.   "I would have a word with ye about your son Colin."

"And ye are?" a shorter man stepped forward on the battlements, his face resembled Colin's.  A taller man, much younger then the first flanked the one that spoke, who also resembled him.

"Sir Andrew McKenna, of Clan McKenna..................are ye Laird McDonald?" Andrew shouted once again so that they may hear him clearer.

"Aye," Ewan responded with quiver in his voice.  "What has my son done now?"

"He raped and beat my wife and now he has knapped her, if ye are hiding him, ye will have a war on your hands!" Andrew bellowed that out.

The taller man's face paled as he ran his hand through his hair, Ewan's face also paled, but he remained calm.   "Colin isna here, ye have my word on that." Ewan swallowed now trying to get a grip of the situation at hand.   "I have banished him from the castle a year ago, I have no seen him since."

"Aye, twas rumoured he tried to kill your heir," Andrew replied back.

Ewan just nodded, "Aye...tis no rumour.    My son Colin, he's no right in the mind."  He shook his head in disgust now, "Aye.....I couldna have him in the castle for fear of what he would do next."

Donald couldn't hold back anymore and he rode forward next to Andrew........"Twas your bastard son that beat and raped my daughter, I will have him hanged for that!"

"Jesu," the taller man said to Ewan.   "Da...ye hear what Colin has done now?    He needs to be stopped for all of Scotland will be at war with us."

Ewan stepped forward now to address Donald.........."I'm very sorry........?"

"Laird Donald Campbell!" Donald shouted out his name.

"Och............tis your daughter Emma then?" Ewan's voice croaked out.    As he mentioned Emma's name, gasps could be heard throughout the crowd.

"Ye knew about Emma!" Donald bellowed out, furious that Ewan knew and didn't try and stop his son.

"Nae, I dinna know Laird Campbell, tis only I have many men following my son.  He is banished from the castle, but I have kept my eye on him, for he's no right."  Ewan swallowed loudly again, still very disgusted in his son.  "Twas heard that a Emma Campbell refused his hand in marriage twice."

The taller man nudged his Da now............"Ye will tell them Da, for if ye dinna, I will."

Clearing his throat now and knowing that what he was about to say next was the right thing to do, even though Colin was still his son, his flesh and blood.    "I will tell ye where he is, where he abides."

"Twill be most helpful," Andrew grunted out.

"Tis an abandoned castle no far from here.   Towards the south, hidden in a copse of trees, tis very hard to find, I will send some of my men with ye to find it.   My men have followed Colin there many times, I believe he resides there with his men," Ewan managed to get out.

"Laird McDonald!" Andrew shouted to him.   "Ye have just sealed yours son fate!"

"Nae," shouted the taller man beside Ewan....."My brother sealed his fate long time ago.  Tis time for him to pay for his crimes."

Ewan just nodded, he was in a daze knowing what lies ahead for his son, but he knew that this day would come.   Colin sealed his own fate the day he decided to poison his brother.

With the help of the McDonald men that Ewan had sent with them, they found the abandoned castle very easily.  The few McDonald's that rode with them, left them when the castle came into view.   None of them wanted any part of death of one of their own, even though they knew he needed to be stopped.

A plan of attack was to be enforced at sundown, the castle was already surrounded on all sides.  No one was going to get out without being taken out, no one was going to escape.   All was set now, everyone waited on Andrew to give the command.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

480K 13.8K 13
It must have been a goddess. That he was sure of. In the middle of those dark ashes, a body was laid down, wrapped in a cape that must have been gree...
1.4K 62 33
Alora Abbott survived Fifth Year relatively unscathed, but she can't say the same for Sebastian Sallow, who spent the first two weeks of summer pieci...
Scottish Destiny De Sweetpeas

Ficção Histórica

4.2M 90.6K 31
Lady Kathryn McGregor knew her heart was stolen the first time she saw this handsome knight. When he gallantly came to her rescue, she knew there w...
149K 2.4K 42
"What the fuck is your problem?" I asked my sworn enemy. "Have you lost your damn mind!" I scream at the top of my lungs. This bitch better answer m...