Chapter Six - Scottish Beauty

Chapter Six

A few days had passed after the talk that Robert and Andrew shared.  They had come to understanding about Emma, both wanting what was best for the lass.   

Andrew walked into the great hall and was looking for Emma.   She was nowhere to been seen, nor was Robert or Ian.   His Da though was sitting at the table talking with some clansmen.

Walking over to them, “Da, have ye seen Emma?” Andrew asked him.

“Aye, she’s in the solar.   I believe Ian took her to the storage rooms and she’s found some bolts of cloths that she fancied,” Angus told him.

With a nod to his Da and fellow clansmen, Andrew headed towards the solar.   As he approached, he could hear laughter coming from within and knew that Emma was not alone.   The door was ajar, so he peeked into the room.    Sighing...he should have known that Ian was with her still and helping her.   The two of them were huddle over the table, the bolt of cloth laid out before them, Ian holding the cloth down while Emma snipped away.

Clearing his throat to make his presence known, “Ian, are you enjoying yourself?” Andrew asked him grinning, clearly teasing him while looking at Ian help Emma with the cloth.

Being caught off guard, Ian jumped back quickly and the cloth almost slid off the table.  Emma quickly caught it with her hands.

“Lady Emma needed my help Andrew.  Clearly as ye can see, the cloth will not stay put on the table.  Margo is busy in the kitchens, so I offered to help the lass out,” Ian told him looking and hoping that Andrew accepted his answer.

“Aye, clearly she does need help with the cloth, but ye were suppose to be in the courtyard this morn with Robert and I, but ye were nowhere to be found,” Andrew replied back with annoyance.

“Andrew,” Emma said putting her hands on her hips, “Ian was helping me in the storage rooms.”    The cloth now slid off the table and both Emma and Ian reached for it at the same time.

Andrew now was sending Ian a warning glance, nodding towards the door and silently telling him that he wanted to be alone with Emma.

“Ah Emma, since Andrew is here now...perhaps he can help ye with the cloth.” Ian told her and then rushed out of the solar without a second glance.

“Andrew, for shame!”  Emma said giggling.   “You know now that ye have to help me.”

Stepping around the table, knowing that it was dangerous to be alone with her, but Andrew didn’t care.   He grabbed Emma around the waist and pulled her towards him.  The cloth long forgotten, having now fallen on the floor, with a cute little yelp, Emma dropped the sheers she was holding as well.

Pulling her towards him, one hand on her waist, the other came to cradle the back of her head.  Andrew felt for the lump, it was much smaller now, but still could be felt.   “How are ye faring Emma?   Does this still pain ye?” Andrew asked, very concerned about her.