Stay with Me #Wattys2017

By whiteflags330

The girl is Eliza Kelman, she's a music producer in Los Angeles and takes pride in her job. She loves to part... More

Prolouge//Cover Cred
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
Spin Offs

35

2 0 0
By whiteflags330

Haynes' POV

Today is the day. I talk to my ex roommate's parents. I'm not ready for it. I got out of bed early, I don't have to met them until noon, but I can't sleep in. Too much on my mind. I changed into dark blue jeans, black converse, black and grey t-shirt and a gold dog tag. The dog tag was a gift from Jarred. I feel as if I owe it to him. I have to give props to Eliza, she planned most of her dad's funeral. I couldn't even plan my roommate's funeral. He never got one and it was my fault. And it's not like anyone wanted to help except for Charles, who was all for it. However, the one time we tried to plan it, I noticed that Charles would end up being too depressed. I couldn't put him through that. And the reason why I'm not saying why Jarred and him were so close is because I don't know if I'm right. I just always assumed that they were best friends. I have a feeling I'm right after what he told me at the family reunion crap, but I don't want to be wrong.

I went into the kitchen made breakfast. Cooking really helps getting my mind of shit. I think it's because I have to concentrate on that one thing. I will however be perfectly honest, I didn't know it was going to take this long for his parents to find out. They must've been in town for something important. I really hate myself that I don't know why they're here. Anyways, as I was cooking breakfast, Eliza walked out looking so sexy. She's wearing black worn out Galaxy pants with a white harness bra, black choker and had gold high heels in her hand. And those heels are high. I just stared at her with my mouth wide open.

"Careful you're drooling." She pointed out.

I shook my head, "what?"

"My high school friend invited me to a club today. He's a promoter dude and there's a lot of bands wanting to be signed there."

"Um, when's this happening?"

"1pm." She didn't seem excited for it.

"Do you really have to wear something that sexy?"

She nodded, "yes, but don't worry, wearing a choker means that your taken."

"Who's this friend?"

"His name's Edgar and he's gay. I just met his boyfriend last night over Skype."

"Why do you get to have fun today?"

She looked at me like I was crazy, "I'm sorry but do you see the heels I have to wear? I have to wear those for about 10 hours with a smile on my face."

"That seems brutal."

"But are you sure you don't need me to go with you?"

I nodded, "you didn't know him. It would be weird to take my girlfriend to see my dead ex roommate's parents."

"Good point."

I finished making breakfast and Eliza and I ate together. It was really nice. Just me and her, nothing else. It was nice to just have a normal conversation. We were talking about movies and tv shows. How much more perfect could that get? It wasn't work, it wasn't personal issues, it was simple. I wish more things could be simple. We finished breakfast and that was about the time someone knocked on the door. I sighed and got up. The second I open that door, reality is reopened. And I have to deal with my problems, not run away like I usually do. I slowly opened it to reveal Charles. He was wearing dark brown pants with a white button down shirt, maroon shoes and metal shark tooth necklace.

"Try to relax, man." I said putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Easy for you to say."

He walked in and took a seat, I think he needed a few moments to himself. When he looked up, he noticed Eliza. She just smiled at him. He cocked his head, looking at her outfit, I'm not worried. Trust me, I got nothing to worry about.

"Huh." That's all he said.

He got up and wanted to head out. I hugged and kissed Eliza goodbye. We left. I was driving to the deli we were going to meet up at. Charles was just on his phone.

"I hate Eddie for making me do this." I said.

Charles nodded, "how do you think I feel? I have to tell his parents the secrets he's been keeping from them."

"At least we'll be there for each other."

"Yeah."

"Hey, did you ever tell Daniel about your situation?"

"Not even calling him dad, he hurt you that badly?"

I nodded, "believe it or not, we do not get along."

"Oh really?" He was being sarcastic.

"No, I didn't. I chickened out. Didn't want to make a scene." He replied.

"So, you're just never gonna tell him?"

Charles shrugged, "Jared never told his parents."

"But you're about to tell them."

"You think I should?"

"I think you're brave enough. I know he and I don't get along, but I would happily be by your side."

"I want it to be a family reunion, ya know?"

That's what we do in my family. Even if none of us get along, we throw a reunion to give news. Good or bad. That's just who we are.

"I'm not good in the dad department, but I am good in the relationship part."

"How'd you know?" He asked.

"You seem happier. Dressing a lot better. Actually answering your phone. You seem less nervous than you did on the phone."

"His name's Tradd. We met at an LGBT parade. It's nice."

"Sounds like it."

Charles and I have never been close. But ever since he told me his sexuality, I feel as if we've gotten close. I'm really happy for him, he deserves so much more. Even when we didn't get along. I know for a fact that he gets the most pressure on him. He's the one that Daniel can still control.

"You know why his parents are in town?"

I shook my head.

"He would've been 30 today."

"How did I not know that?"

He shrugged. We arrived at the deli, where Jared's parents were waiting. His dad, Larry, was wearing black pants with black dress shoes and a blue and black plaid shirt. His mom, Kim, was wearing black bell bottom pants with black heels, a dark green blouse with a gold necklace. And of course his little sister, Vivian, was with them. She's probably about 16 now? But she was wearing ripped jean shorts, a loose green tank top, gold bomber jacket and grey converse. Jesus, millenniums. Charles and I got out. His parents looked very confused about Charles being with me. I shook his parent's hands and we sat down. There was a bit of an awkward silence.

Vivian was twirling her hair and smiling at me. She has always had a small crush on me, actually scratch that. She's obsessed with me or at least was. Maybe it died down a little bit. Maybe died wasn't the best word for it. "So, Haynes, still a doctor?" She questioned just starring at me.

I nodded, "yeah." I can't lie, I feel so awkward. Okay, maybe that's just obvious.

"I'm sorry, who is this kid next to you?" Kim asked.

"This is my brother, Charles. He was great friends with Jarred." I replied.

"How great could he have been?" His parent are strict. They judge everyone. No one could ever live up to their expectations. They stopped talking to their own son when he failed a math test. They cut him off from society every time he did something they didn't approve of. That's probably why he was so depressed.

"Jarred was close to me. Way closer than he could ever be with you." Charles really cared for Jarred.

"He was our son." Larry said.

"But you don't know the half of him. He only ever showed you one side of him. But he could never live up to your expectations. You always put too much pressure on him, he could only do so much at once." Charles seems to be very passionate about all of this. I've never seen him like this. He's usually pretty sly and keeps to himself.

"He's not here, you're probably lying."

That set him off.

"He's not here because he's dead. He committed suicide because he was never good enough for you people. He always felt like he wasn't good for anyone. You never listened to him, you only ever told him the shit you wanted him to do. Be a billionaire doctor. Marry a wealthy women. A lawyer, a doctor, a father of 2 blood related kids. 1 girl and 1 boy, just like you. You wanted to mold him into you. Lawyer husband. Doctor wife. You made him terrified to be himself. Most of his life was a secret, he hid from the world. From fear of not being good enough and failing. He always thought happiness was success and money. Not the people around him who cared for him, the people who loved him no matter. Jarred was a genius, probably why he got along with Haynes so well, but even being a genius still held him back. He didn't want people to know he was that smart, he didn't want to be judged. Because he always thought that there was someone smarter than him. Better than him. Someone that could live up to your outrageous standards. Don't call me a liar when I knew your son better than you ever could."

I wanted to stand up and applaud, but I knew that would not be appropriate. I never realized how much Jarred meant to him. He loved him. He still loves him. Larry and Kim shut up Immediately. It was amazing to see them not be "right" for once. They didn't try to argue with him at all.

"Okay, do you want us to tell you what we know? Charles and i both talked to him that day." I asked.

They nodded. They seemed understanding. Actually, no scared. They were imitated by his passion. I know I was.

Flashback: Charles' POV
I've never felt like this for someone before. Something so connecting. I know we're just hooking up, but we're still pretty close. Jarred tells me a lot about his personal life and it's because he trusts me. Which is good. I mean I am a trustworthy person, I don't have many friends and I tend to keep to myself anyways. I actually met this guy through my older brother, Haynes. They're roommates and doctors. Plus ever since I've been hanging around him, I've been meeting some new people, even friends. Granted they're all Haynes' friends, but they gotta count for at least something.

I woke in Jarred's bed, way late for my 8 am. I would say about 2 hours late. Damn it, I can't believe I missed this class again! My dad is going to be pissed! I know he shouldn't be as apart of my university life as he is, but I'm close to him. I want him to be proud no matter what I do or who I am. But I can never seem to tell him about who I really am. I can't even tell the most open minded, carefree guy I know, Haynes. And I know he would still feel the same about me either way, I even think he knows about my sexuality. But for some reason I just can't tell him. The only reason of why I can't tell him that comes to mind is that I've not accepted it. I can even say it. I'm so pathetic.

I rolled out of bed and put on what I wore last night. Black jeans with a dark navy blue button down shirt and black dress shoes.

"Man, you even dress like a nerd." Jarred said as he rolled out of bed.

I turned to him with a concerned look. He just smiled tiny bit and put on light pink t-shirt, black sweatpants and black slippers.

"Hey, I'm not the one who's wearing a pink shirt." I snapped back to him.

He walked over to me with the slightest smirk and kissed my cheek, "it's salmon."

I was frozen. I still don't know how to handle these situations. I don't even get why he likes me, I'm not good at what I am. I'm a nervous wreck and I'm terrified of every little step. What if I say something wrong? What if I ruin whatever we have? What if... Just what if?

I hate thinking those things because it's probably not as bad as I make it out to be. He probably likes me for all my flaws. I couldn't imagine why. I'm not good at what I am. And the worse part, every time I over think, I think about how my dad would react to this news. Spoiler, in my head, it's never good. I always picture a mob forming and kicking me out of LA. Forcing me to move to some place in the middle of nowhere Kentucky. Where I would have to hide my sexuality even more then before.

Jarred waved his hand in front of me, "you've been staring off into space for about 5 minutes, you okay?"

I shook my head back into reality, the real world, never as bad as my thoughts, "I missed my 8 am again."

"Told you not to take 8 am classes. They kill you."

I nodded, "I know, but I need this class and it's only 8 am."

"You're computer science, right?"

"Yeah."

"They probably got an online class for it. Trust me, it's not as bad as med school."

I shrugged, "you're right."

"Now go off to see your professor. Tell him the truth. Someone besides me has to know."

"My professor won't care about me sleeping with some guy."

"Exactly. That's why you you should tell him. He can't judge you, from the sounds of, he barely knows you."

I nodded and left. I took what he said and I didn't take it lightly. He had a point. Plus I can't argue with his dark brown eyes staring at me, I just get lost in them. However there's one problem with telling my professor... Like I said early, I can't even tell myself about it. It's like my mind won't accept it but my body will. No. My heart will.

Jarred is always telling me to face my fears... Maybe for once, I should listen to him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7M 118K 41
You've got one boy. One girl. One pretty little lie. A perfect relationship. The perfect boyfriend. The perfect girlfriend. The perfect dates. The pe...
157K 5.1K 42
Chloe Rae Lovric (24) makes ends meet as a waitress at the Last Olive Bistro in Manhattan. She's under the pressure of petty customers, a might-be de...
48.5K 2.2K 26
Looking for a respectful, social and kind flatmate who is responsible about rent and bills, we also can carpool sometimes to the office (we're going...
11.1K 347 14
They've lived together; they've lived apart. Turns out you can miss someone terribly, even if they're just across the room. * * a/n: Most of the st...