Abandoned with His Child {COM...

By Whenthedarkfalls

Imagine this. You are treated for once, generously by your client. You are hypnotised by him, though you know... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER I
CHAPTER II
CHAPTER III
CHAPTER IV
CHAPTER V
CHAPTER VI
CHAPTER VII
CHAPTER VIII
CHAPTER IX
CHAPTER X
CHAPTER XI
CHAPTER XIII
CHAPTER XIV
CHAPTER XV
CHAPTER XVI
CHAPTER XVII
CHAPTER XVIII
CHAPTER XIX
CHAPTER XX
CHAPTER XXI
CHAPTER XXII
CHAPTER XXIII
CHAPTER XXIV
CHAPTER XXV
CHAPTER XXVI
CHAPTER XXVII
CHAPTER XXVIII
CHAPTER XXIX
CHAPTER XXX
CHAPTER XXXI
CHAPTER XXXII
CHAPTER XXXIII
CHAPTER XXXIV
CHAPTER XXXV
CHAPTER XXXVI
CHAPTER XXXVII
CHAPTER XXXVIII
EPILOGUE
NEWS
SNEAK-PEEK
NOTE

CHAPTER XII

220K 7.2K 1.1K
By Whenthedarkfalls

KATHERINE EVY JONES

"Such a beautiful couple," two voices hushed.

I instantly sprang apart from Ace. Searching for the source of the voices, I saw an old man and woman smiling at us serenely. Though away from Ace, his hands hadn't left my arms and were still gripping me. I tried to wriggle free out of them but he held on firmly.

The old couple advanced towards us and greeted us warmly, "Good evening, such a beautiful one it is,"

Ace's uneven voice, because of ragged breathing, replied, "Sure, it is,"

The old lady's eyes twinkled as she said, "Such a beautiful evening for couples."

Some one tell this lady that I am not freaking with him!

And yet you were kissing him passionately, you moron.

Agh! Why the hell am I arguing with myself again!

"Indeed and you make a beautiful one," the old man mused.

I sighed and smiled weakly, hoping I hadn't been rude.

A comfortable silence dawned on them whereas I was mentally fighting a World War III. Kill em! Murder em! Then the old man suddenly said, "Pardon us for being so rude. I am Mr. Diaz and this is my wife Miranda,"

Ace shook his hand and replied with exemplary confidence, "Ace. Ace Kingman,"

For some reason as soon as he said Kingman, the couple was taken aback. The wife had a horrified look on her face whereas the old man was.... well he looked extremely disapproving for some reason.

I watched in confusion as they inched back and murmured, "Yes... You just remind us of our old days,"

Yes, man of course we do.

Then they went back as soon as they had come. I watched them strutting back weirdly and looked at Ace. There was something off about him, a stone cold look had cascaded on his face and he looked... years older. But it disappeared as soon as it had come and he turned to me with a humongous smile.

His lips were slightly pink, as if someone had bitten into it.

Oh wait! That's me.

NO SHIT SHERLOCK!

I remembered the kiss and inched back from him. He frowned and asked, "What's wrong?"

"We can't do this again," I muttered, looking anywhere but at him.

"You enjoyed it," he pointed out.

I countered back, in a weak voice, "No I didn't!"

"Oh yeah?" he asked giving the look, on which someone would think twice before lying, "This-"

"This was a mistake!" I shouted, mustering up some courage.

"Yeah, whatever helps you sleep at night," he replied with a sarcastic smile.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"That," he placed his hands on my arms, "means that Katherine, you sound if you are trying to convince yourself about this 'mistake', you liked it-"

"I didn't!"

"And you are not ready to admit that because you are afraid of accepting the truth!"

"Don't call me a coward," I snarled, "Don't call me that when it was you who abandoned me! You made me look like a slut! You who didn't even have the courage to determine your feeling and to accept them,"

He looked at me gravely as I punched him on his chest and muttered angrily, "Just don't!"

I turned around but he held me back and made me turn towards him forcibly. Just as he was about to say something, his phone ringed but he ignored it.

It ringed again and again.

"Pick it up," I muttered.

"This is more important," he replied tersely but his phone ringed again.

"Well, it's distracting me," I replied and fished the phone out of his coat pocket and handed it to him.

He narrowed his eyes at me but picked it up, "What!"

His eyes became from angry to downright worried and somehow tired. Whoever was there speaking on the other line had definitely got a great effect on him.

Ending the call, he looked at me, "I need to go somewhere,"

"What got another girl pregnant?" I mumbled and laughed sarcastically. But then I instantly stopped, his look was... it was threatening. Oh, I have seen it. This look is the one he wore when he was in deep deep trouble and your comment just made it worse. 

It was such a hostile look, I shuddered uncomfortably. Without saying another word, he turned around and talked on his phone, "Number 10,"

He didn't turn towards me, just looked forwards. 

Did I really say something that bad?

A few moments later, his car arrived and he got in.

"Ace," I called out weakly. But he didn't turn and the door shut off. His body guard then scrambled in the driver's seat and the engine of the car roared. There was only silence in the park now, no Ace. None, but me. Now I don't know why but I felt alone.

"I am sorry," I whispered.

***

I walked myself home after that. Kyle was still lying in his bed, snoring peacefully. I went to sit beside him and slowly ran my fingers through his hair.

It's what my mother did when I was a child. I remember her distinctly. She was the prettiest and the most compassionate woman  I had ever met in my life. She did that when she was stressed and talked to me about my day and how she and my dad met. This action unstressed me and my mom both drastically. 

Talking things out just lightens your mind, it is a reminder that someone is there with you. Someone who cares and will be by your side no matter in your highs and lows. Unfortunately everyone had left me. 

My mum and dad died in a car accident. It was the most horrifying nightmare I had ever lived. To know that the two most important people of your life are gone forever and you are never going to meet them was... 

I shuddered involuntarily. I was so lost in my own thoughts that I hadn't known that Kyle had awaken. He was looking at me intently, with his big brown eyes. His eyes, unarguably.

"Are you alright mommy?" he whispered to me.

I nodded and murmured, "Yeah sweetie, did I wake you up?"

He shook his head and motioned me to lay beside him. I crawled there beside him and wrapped him in my arms.

"Mommy do you miss daddy?" he asks abruptly.

Surprisingly, I ask, "What makes you say that?"

"You feel sad without him," then using his hands, he smoothed my frown and tension lines. It was a habit of his.

"Mommy?"

"Hmm...?" I murmured sleepily.

He yawned, "Did you know that if you wake up at two or three am without any reason there's an eighty percent chance someone is staring at you?"

***

My phone was ringing.

I woke up, my gaze unfocused. I opened my eyes, it was three in the morning.

My phone was still ringing.

Clumsily, I got up (and fell down once) and dragged myself to my room. WHAT!? EVERYBODY ISN'T ACTIVE AT THREE IN MORNING! 

In fact, I never am....But, never mind.

I looked for the source of the ring. It was coming beneath my sheets. I fell on my bed and tried to feel my phone. There it is! 

Ace.Of course, he is the only person who is insane enough to call me at fucking three in the morning!

I picked it up and as soon as I was about to say something, he slurred, "Open the door,"

"Are you drunk?" I asked worriedly, because of the way he talking.

He repeated, "Open the door, Katherine,"

I rushed to the main door and opened it.

Ace was standing there. Hair tangled. Shirt un-tucked. Suit ruined. A beer bottle in his hand.

Looking extremely sexy and hot. But drunk.

I wonder how he manages that.

Especially at three FUCKING am in the morning!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GOOD NIGHT. I AM DREADFULLY SLEEPY ND UNAWARE OF WHAT I AM TYPING RIGHT NOW.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

776K 50.9K 99
As he took one last step closer, his muscles made direct contact with every fragment of my body, and I could feel my skin become ten times warmer. "...
521K 11.9K 31
"So where the fuck were you last night?" Nicholas asked in a daring calm voice. It was like he was reminding her what her place was. "Out" She answer...
1M 27.4K 44
Book #2 [Sequel to 'All About Revenge'] [COMPLETED] ***** "I can't do this anymore." I said as ano...
1.8M 64.8K 47
"You have already ruined my life, what else do you want?", I barked at him. "Ten minutes", he muttered. "What?", I asked as I was unable to hear him...