Natural Chemistry

By ipad_connor

Melissa Rosette Colespar is what you can call a typical Queen Bee. She has the attention, the money, the face... More

Copyright
Prologue
Chapter 1: Miss Popularity
Chapter 2: The Trip
Chapter 3: Party
Chapter 4: Tents
Chapter 6: Pajamas
Chapter 7: Trekking
Chapter 8: Volleyball
Chapter 9: Discovery
Chapter 10: Find Me
Chapter 11: Burning Touches
Chapter 12: Revenge Is Served
Chapter 13: Light in Darkness
Chapter 14: Stories Unraveled
Chapter 15: The Journey Back
Chapter 16: Maybe Closer
Chapter 17: Something New
Chapter 18: Cuts and Kisses
Chapter 19: Fight For Him
Chapter 20: Day One
Chapter 21: Know You
Chapter 22: A little deeper
Chapter 23: Delicia Overdose
Chapter 24: Protection
Chapter 25: More Questions
Chapter 26: A Day of Planning
Chapter 27: Closer
Chapter 28: Never Again
Chapter 29: With You
Chapter 30: The End
Chapter 31: Building A Monster
Chapter 32: The Result
Chapter 33: Selfish

Chapter 5: Threat

462 14 1
By ipad_connor

"Melissa and Chelsea." I enunciated as Daniel wrote down our names with a Roman ten beside it.

"Okay, girls could you both go join the group around the bonfire area." We did as instructed and a few minutes later were joined by the boys who looked rather drained out. Even though they tried to show the opposite.

"Hey, what are you doing standing here?" Ryder enquired, still dusting his hands off rope fibre.

"Well, we are following the rules, ever heard of them?" I retorted.

"Oh please, there is a no sexual activities rule, honestly, who follows that?" Jordan snorted, jumping into the conversation.

Though, he did have a point, there was a rule as such and no one was going to follow it. You've literally taken a bunch of teenagers to a secluded camp in the forest and it doesn't matter how many precautions you take, no way can you stop from things happening.

It was already a little dark and the only light was from the small torches lit here and there around the camping area. It had actually started to look scary, people stood closer to each other and would throw casual glances towards the forest.

Soon the area around the bonfire filled in as Krista and Daniel came to stand facing us with their backs to each other. Daniel was addressing the other side of the group whilst Krista spoke to us.

"Okay, so, good job at putting up the tents-" I heard Jake scoff and turned to glare back at him but in that process a small red glow caught my eye. Vince had taken this time to light up a cigarette and smoke in the corner, almost behind a tree.

I guess, I was staring for too long as he suddenly looked in my direction and let out a puff of smoke. I scrunched up my nose at the hazardous action and turned my attention back to Krista who hadn't spoken much.

Honestly, why do they put those ads about smoking when the ones who have to listen to them don't bother?

"Okay, so every evening when the sun sets till the fourth day, we meet here. It is requested for all of you to follow the rules as they have been built to provide you all with safety as you are after all living in a forest." Everyone hushed as she spoke.

"Every night there will be a bonfire in which all of you will give in your inputs on what you all did the same day. Please refrain from using too many electronic devices as there are only a few wireless charging sources and are required for some other important devices necessary for the camp." The crowd now consisted of a group of remorseful and angry teenagers. Certainly no one took the no cell phone rule lightly, but what do they expect? They are after all miles from civilization.

"There are not many things to get acquainted with in the camp area, the washrooms and tents have been arranged in such a way that if you were to go out, someone would know. Daniel and I are located on opposite sides of the camp. Our tents are the only ones which are striped, so finding it won't be a difficulty."

Jake was now twirling a piece of my hair in between in fingers and yawning, looking least bit interested in what she was going on about.

"Everyone wakes up at six in the morning each day and the alarm will be in the sound of a bird so as to not disturb the piece of the forest, though, that sound should surely wake anyone up. All are requested to follow the timings strictly as if they don't, a lot of activities will be missed. Tomorrow we start with a small trek surrounding the area." Krista finished and turned around to face Daniel.

"Oh thank God, I thought she'd never stop." Jordan complained taking a seat on the log just infront of us.

I sat beside him while Chelsea chose to sit behind with Ryder and Jake came to sit on my other side.

We all laughed along as our batch mates came forth and cracked some jokes, sung songs and even went to the extent of dancing around the fire.
It was fun, to say the least. It's amazing how in only such a short period of time it's like I've gotten to know them so much better, discovered so many hidden talents.

Chole, who I shared a few classes with, had come forward to set off some giggles by retelling her encounter with a spider.

"Jake, what if a spider crawls on your face at night?" I whispered in his ear. When I was at Jake's place one day I discovered he had a serious case of arachnophobia. At even the tiniest spiders, he'd jump up high. Since then, it was my favorite thing to do- scare him.

"Melissa. Stop that." He narrowed his eyes at me, and pinched my side making me squeal.

I tried swatting his hand way but in vain as he held my hands in his.

"Who knows who'll be in your tent tonight. Chelsea is on the look out." Jake chuckled looking back to see Chelsea talking animatedly with Ryder who somehow looked interested.

I just shook my head and looked at the the fire ahead of us. The problem with where we were sitting was that the wind was blowing the opposite way, taking the heat with it and leaving us cold, so basically it was our faces getting warmth but our backs freezing. It would make a funny cartoon, just saying.

"Damn, looks like I'm needed." Jordan winked at us and got up to walk towards a group of girls who I think were in my lunch hour though I wouldn't hold my breath on it. It's hard to actually keep a note of every person in school.

"Well, what about you?" I turned to Jake who was staring at the fire with a serious expression.

"Mel," He started as he turned towards me.

"Yeah?"

"I'm not leaving you." His voice held such a deep meaning, I didn't know what he wanted to say.

"Jake, I -" No words seemed to exceed those two as I stared at him.

"No, Melissa, I don't have those kind of feelings for you. I am your best friend and you should know I wouldn't ever leave you." He said with all the seriousness he could master. He was the only one who actually knew my past. Not even Ella knew what I had been through. But Jake, he knew everything and he knew how much his words meant to me.

I felt tears form in the corner of my eyes and I pulled him into a hug, burying my face in his shoulder.
It was a friendly hug, one that leaves you feeling all warm and happy. It feels so good to have someone care and want nothing back, an unusual characteristic these days.

"Thank you so much, Jake. For everything." I whispered, hoping he'd hear me and I knew he had when he gently squeezed my forearm in acknowledgement.

"Don't thank me, Mel. You deserve the best." I was about to let go of him when I heard slow claps coming from behind me. Quickly wiping my tears, I turned around to see Brandon with Hayden.

"Wow, look who is defining the rules. Never did that with me did y-" Before he could complete his sentence, I don't know what came over me, I guess it was the overwhelming emotional talk or just my pent up anger which forced me to slap him-hard.

"Stay away from me, Brandon. Another word and the consequences would be catastrophic." I sneered. I felt Jake stand up behind me and hold on to my shoulder, forcing me to calm down.

Brandon's face was still turned to the other side with a hand covering his cheek. Suddenly, the entire area got quiet, no one moved only stared in our direction. Brandon's face had turned a shade of dark pink, starting right from his ears.

Not soon did Brandon recover and glared at me. His red eyes staring at me with burning rage. With his red eyes came the attention of the rest of the surrounding students.

"You will pay for all this, Melissa and believe me, you'll be sorry." He threatened and pushed past me.
I sat back down and Jake pulled me towards him, letting my head rest on his shoulder. No tears formed, no pain, just a residue of an irritating ache. I felt Jake look up and motion something to the people watching, probably forcing them to disperse.

Jake whispered soothing words in my ear but it didn't reach my brain, it was like I had stopped processing information but just stared at the orange flames rising up to the sky, their heat hitting my face and still a shiver ran up my back.

Brandon's voice held a promise, like this time he'd actually do something.
For however long I had know him, I knew he never took insults well. To me it might have felt like no one saw, but I can bet Brandon's mind had formed various worse case scenarios already.

******
I'm a sucker for girl-guy friendship. Whoever claims that can't happen need to meet a guy who they can spend the evening with without thinking of other stuff.

Anyhow, please drop in your votes and comments, guys!

Love,
Rojesta💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 4.7K 28
Ellerie has had the worst luck in her life since she could remember. From her parents not caring about her to losing her grandmother after she gradua...
163K 6.5K 35
Lizette has never had an easy life growing up and always felt like she was the black sheep of her family. She didn't grow confidence until after she...
257 33 18
They say, the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know. How true is this? ◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️ Rose Adams 17, Sweet, shy, innoc...
1.6M 7K 6
*KING BOOK 1* C O M P L E T E D || Highest - #11 teen-fiction ~ 12/01/19 || ||Highest - #11 love ~ 01/03/19 || || Highest- #1 Humour ~ 28/03/19 ||...