The Tail Of A Beast {A Naruto...

By Marauder_Girlz

The Ookami is an extremely dangerous demon that puts the Tailed Beasts to shame. She roams freely, or, that... More

Introduction
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 1

5.9K 188 19
By Marauder_Girlz

Please vote, fan, comment, and keep reading!  Thanks!  

~ wolvez_rule_364

Oh, and pic on the side is of Ookami in her regular ol' wolf form!  Well, she looks kind of happy there, but other than that, yeah, that's how I pictured her!  XD!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

(Ookami’s POV)

I had traveled around and I finally came to Konohagakure.  I focused and hid my ears and tail with a special jutsu.  No one would be able to see them. I walked to the gate, and, as expected, the guards blocked my way, demanding that I state my business.  I rolled my eyes, “Well, if it’s my business, then why should I be telling you?”

 The guards’ faces remained blank, though irritation swam within the depths of their eyes.  I smirked before sighing, “But, if you must know, I’ve come seeking an audience with Hokage to see if I can become a Leaf Village ninja.”

 The guards narrowed their eyes on me, before one gave a curt, “Fine.”  And with each on my side we made our way through the village.  I couldn’t help but roll my eyes at how they were on each side.  If I truly was going to try and pull something, like, I don’t know, massacring the entire village?  I would easily be able to kill them both.  Of course, they didn’t need to know that, but still, I took a slight offense to the fact that they thought I was that weak.  And then I took it as a compliment since I wanted people to think that.  It made me seriously consider going into acting… but then we arrived at the Hokage’s ‘headquarters’ I suppose you could say.  The guards knocked before sending me a look that I guess was supposed to be threatening, but it didn’t do a thing for me.  I pretended it did though, and shrunk back slightly.  They seemed satisfied with this and opened the door at the ancient voice of the Third Hokage, “Come in.”

 I walked in with the guards following close behind me.  The Third looked up and smiled, “Hello there.  And who is this?” 

 I spoke up before the guards could, “I’m Ookami, sir.  Ookami” I made up a last name on the spot, “Takahashi.” 

 The old man smiled again, “And what do you need, Ookami?”  He waved the guards away, and they reluctantly walked outside, but stayed on the other side of the doors.

 I smiled back, trying to appear like a harmless 13-year-old girl.  “Well, you see, I’ve come seeking to become a ninja of your village.”

 “What about your family?  Where are they?”

 “I have no family,” I said sadly, redirecting my gaze to the ground as I hung my head, silently praying that this little act would work. 

 “Oh, well, I’m sorry.”  He said sympathetically.  I shrugged my shoulders in a half-hearted way, not raising my gaze.  I heard him sigh, “Alright.  You can join one of our teams as soon as you pass the exam.  The others have already taken it, but they haven’t met their Sensei’s yet, so you can still do it.”

 I raised my head then, making a face of hope.  “Really?”

 The Hokage smiled and nodded.  “As long as you can make a shadow clone you pass the test.”

 I grinned and went through the hand signs at the speed of what I assumed a Genin would be able to do.  “Shadow Clone Jutsu!”  And I limited it to only 3 clones.  “Do I pass?  Do I pass?!”  I asked excitedly.

 The Hokage’s eyes were wide, “Y-yes, um,” He composed himself, sending me a smile.  “Yes, you pass.”

 I jumped up and down giddily, making my clones disappear and then I thanked him profusely, “Thank you, thank you, thank you!”

 The Hokage chuckled, “Settle, child.  You will join Team 7.  Your teacher expects to see all of you today in about 15 minutes, actually.  I’ll have the guards take you.  Ishi!  Zairo!”

 The two guards from earlier burst through the door, “Yes, Hokage-sama?”

 “Take Ookami to”  I didn’t pay attention to the rest of what they said, not like it mattered anyways.  I had successfully deceived the Hokage.  Phase One complete.  It was actually much easier than I had planned on. 

 Next thing I knew I was saying bye to the Hokage and being dragged away by the two guards.  We were running through the village to the directed place and room.  The guards shoved me inside, “Don’t pull anything stupid.”  And then they were gone.

 “Well, the don’t appear to be the welcoming sort.”  I muttered, turning to the room.  There were 3 kids in there.  A black haired, emo, anti-social looking boy, a pink haired girl that was fawning over said black haired boy, and a blond haired boy in a rather flashy orange jumpsuit that was standing right in front of me, climbing onto a chair.

 My eyes widened as they landed on the blond one.  “Kyuubi.”

 I said it quiet enough so that the two farther away were unable to hear, but I wasn’t sure if the host of Kyuubi had.  He had stopped, but it was because he noticed that the door had opened.  “Who are you?”  He asked bluntly. 

 I blinked, then smiled.  “Hi, I’m Ookami.”  So he hadn’t heard…

 The girl had stopped making googly eyes long enough to turn to me along with the raven-haired boy.  She was scowling at me, probably because I had managed to get his attention by just walking through the door, while she failed to do so even when she was so blatantly throwing herself at him.  The boy was showing no emotions at all, and he blond boy was frowning at me.  “What are you doing here?”

I smiled at him, “I’m on your team.  Team 7, right?”

 “Yeah, but you’re not from the academy.”  I suppressed an eye roll, way to state the obvious.

 “No, I’m not.  I’ve only come into your village today and after telling the Hokage of my situation he had me make some shadow clones and then he told me that I could become part of Team 7 and then he sent me here with those two not-so-very-welcoming guards.”

 The other boy’s eyes narrowed suspiciously on me, “Where are your parents and family?”

 I worked and made my voice void of any emotion, “I have no family.”

 He seemed to find this believable enough and gave a slight nod. 

 I turned back to the blond one, “May I ask of your name?”

 He seemed confused for a minute, and then realization dawned on his face.  Grinning sheepishly, “Oh, sorry, I’m Naruto.”

 I smiled, “Well, Naruto, it’s nice to meet you.”  I turned to the others, “And you are?”

 The boy was still watching me carefully, “Sasuke.”

 The pinkette glared at me, “Sakura.”  She tried to act like the boy.  I almost snorted with laughter, but managed to keep it together.

 I nodded and looked around.  “So where is this supposed Sensei?”

 Naruto scowled, “He’s hours late, so I’ve set a trap.”

 I looked up to the door and saw that there was an eraser there, so that when he opened the door it would hit him on the head.  Sakura – I didn’t like her – shook her head at Naruto, scowling, “A Jounin isn’t going to fall for something a stupid as that, Naruto.”

 But she was proved to be wrong when our Sensei walked in and didn’t bother to try and dodge the eraser, which fell right onto his head.  He looked around lazily at our little group, “My first impression – you’re all a bunch of idiots.”

 I scoffed, where did he get off calling me an idiot?  I had just barely gotten there, and I’m not the one who had just let an eraser hit them on the head.  He raised an eyebrow at me, “Something to say?”

 I heard Sakura snickering and I sent a glare her way before turning to our new ‘Sensei’.  I smiled innocently, “No, is there something you’d like to hear, Sensei?”

 He shot me a glare, “Let’s go up on the roof.”

 We all went up with him onto the roof and sat down.  Sakura sat farthest from me, next to Sasuke, of course, so Sasuke moved between Naruto and I, making her pout, but when she tried to move, our Sensei shot her a look.  “Let’s do introductions, starting with you,”  he pointed at Sakura, “and ending with you.”  He pointed at me.

 “How do we do that?”  Naruto asked.  Sakura seemed confused as well.

 “You state your name, likes, dislikes, hobbies, and dreams for the future.”

 “Why don’t’ you go first so we can see.”  Sakura suggested.

 He nodded, “Alright.  My name is Kakashi Hatake.  My likes and dislikes… I don’t feel like telling you that.  I have many hobbies.  My dreams for the future… I don’t feel like telling you that either.”  He gave us a closed eyed smile and pointed at Sakura, “Now go.”

 “All you did was tell us your name.”  I muttered.

 Sakura had already started, “My name is Sakura Haruno.  My likes…”  She blushed and giggled and looked over at Sasuke.  “My dislikes – HIM!”  She pointed at Naruto.  “My hobbies…”  She giggled again, looking over at Sasuke.  “And my dreams for the future…”  She giggled AGAIN and looked over at Sasuke.  I rolled my eyes, girls were so stupid fantasizing over boys like that.  They should be doing something more important with their time.

 “Alright…”  Kakashi said.  “Your turn.”

 Naruto grinned, “My name is Naruto Uzumaki and I like ramen, but dislike the three minutes you have to wait for it to cook.  My hobbies are eating ramen.  And my dream for the future is to become Hokage and the best ninja of all time so that people will start noticing me!  Believe it!”  I had been so sure it was going to be something ramen related… darn.

 Kakashi looked to Sasuke.  “My name is Sasuke Uchiha.  I don’t like much and I dislike a lot of things.  I don’t have any hobbies.  My dream for the future is not a dream because I will make it a reality – I am going to kill a certain person.”

 The last part spiked my interest, and I studied him.  Yes, he did have murderous intent in his eyes as he spoke of this mystery person.  I decided to watch him.  I nodded to myself, as if confirming it.  “My turn?”  I asked.

 Kakashi nodded, and I spoke.  “Well… my name is Ookami Takahashi.  I like…”  What did I like?  “I like the color red and how it looks on people.  I dislike a few certain acquaintances of mine who think that they are better and stronger than I am because they are better known.”  The Kyuubi along with a few other Tailed Beasts.  Idiots.  “My hobbies would disturb you greatly as well as my dreams for the future.”  I spoke in a cheery voice the entire way through, as if I was talking about getting a puppy or something.

 They all looked at me strangely, but I ignored them and just grinned happily.  Kakashi sighed, “Good, all of you are different.  Well, meet me tomorrow at 6 A.M. in the training grounds, oh, and don’t eat anything unless you feel like puking it up.”  And then he left.

I turned and smiled at my new team, "What to go and get some ramen?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

602 30 18
Something ominous is coming to stir the hidden Leaf village as an oblivious Kumo is dragged into it. Kumo Kazumi: a prodigy of one of the very few cl...
68.2K 1.4K 23
Kamina Akiruta, a girl who suddenly appeared in the Leaf Village. No one knew anything about her nor did they know anything about her powers. She was...
414K 14.4K 30
Forsake- to quit or leave entirely: Forsaken- abandoned or deserted. Naruto Namikaze, Sasuke Uchiha, and Sakura Haruno. Three members of team seven...
119K 5.9K 40
Iris was happy. She had a lot of friends, a happy family. Everything a 12-year old girl would want. Her favorite hobbies included swimming. But sadly...