Naomi [Wattys 2017]

By HusseinaJafiya

*COMPLETED* Formerly known as: The Cow Bee. When Naomi was four she got vitiligo, also known as leucoderma... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chaptet 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Epilogue
New story alert!
Wattys 2017

Chapter 60

334 50 5
By HusseinaJafiya

Chapter 60

"So how do you feel about him now?" Hayley asked.

"Well can't say much." I shrugged. "But I can guarantee you that I've moved on."

And sure as hell I did move on.

It was another Saturday afternoon, two weeks after Mr Richardson's wedding. Hayley decided the girls do something new and shopping was her first and only idea.

Well this was something my friends disagreed to but I had a way of convincing them to take the little risk. The official coming time was 12pm but Grace, Jo and Jamie seemed to be delaying which made me and Hayley wait for them by sitting on the platform in front of the mall.

I refused to explain the whole break up situation to my friends ever since and Hayley has been bothering me about it from time to time. So I used this opportunity to broadly explain everything to her.

"To be honest, I knew everything was too good to be true." She added.

"What do you mean?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Naomi can't you see it." She waved her hands in my face. "Adam is way hotter than drew carter."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I raised an eyebrow this time, really confused to where this was going to.

"When you were dating him.." She trailed off. "Couldn't you question why the sexy ass boy was dating you?"

I frowned and sat up to glare at her.

"Are you saying that I am not capable of dating Adam?"

"No-" She exclaimed.

"-or I am too ugly to date Adam?" I cut her.

"Look Naomi stop jumping into conclusions." She exhaled. "I am just trying to explain that Adam isn't your type of guy. He is this wild sexy and dangerous looking kind of boy. You deserve someone that's much more decent. A good guy. Someone who will treat you like the princess you are. You deserve better than that bad boy Naomi. Think about it."

I stared at Hayley speechlessly.

She was right, at the same time she was wrong. Adam was also a good guy too. Secretly. But since everything was a joke to him, the whole image of him being 'good' disappeared.

"Well you're probably right. Maybe I should have thought things out first instead of rushing it." I sighed and looked away. "My mum saw him as the dangerous type too. I thought I knew him very well."

"That's what you get for meeting someone on Facebook." Hayley scoffed.

I turned to glare at her while she snickers away.

"Hey guys!" We were cut by an approaching Grace in front of us. Surprisingly Jo and Jamie were also approaching us at the same time from our left end.

Good. It was just about time for me and my girls to have a splendid day.

*******

"Guys I'm so exhausted." Jo said as we were walking in the hallway from our fourth shop. "I think I should be going home now."

"Me too!" Jamie said.

Hayley, Grace and I looked at them with a faint expression. It was only 3 hours of shopping we've had and these girls were already tired. They barely have half a bag of clothes in their hands.

"But we just about to go for lunch." Hayley said.

"I'll have lunch at home." Jamie said.

"Besides I hate eating in public." Jo added.

"Uhmm okay." Hayley furrowed her eyebrows and turned to Grace and I. "You guys staying?"

"Yeah." Grace said while I nodded in response.

"We'll see you girls in school on Monday." Hayley turned and waved at them.

"Sure thing. Bye guys!" Jo said and the two girls both waved at us before retreating.

"So where do you girls want to eat?" Grace asked.

"Maybe KFC?" I asked back. She shrugged in response.

We both turned to look at Hayley to be sure if she was fine with it. Hayley looked at us with a confused expression before her eyes lit up.

"Come on guys! Just because I'm sassy doesn't mean I watch my weight or go on a diet program." She exclaimed.

Grace and I laughed to her response before we all turned around to make our way to the food court.

"I really did think you were going to protest when she suggested KFC." Grace snorted at Hayley who was walking beside her by the right as she was walking in between us.

"To be honest I used to be a vegetarian." Hayley replied. "But nuggets taste good."

Grace and I busted out laughing. That was one of the funniest thing Ive heard in a long time. Hayley was surely a crazy girl.

Grace and I's laughter couldn't be controlled anymore as this time we were causing everyone to look at us. I looked at Hayley who was just grinning and embarrassed by our attention-seeking laughters.

My laughter was beginning to subside when suddenly I looked straight ahead of me. Then the smile on my face vanished.

"Kaleb!" Grace exclaimed gleefully once she looked ahead too and ran to hug him.

Oh shit.

The problem wasn't kaleb. It was the boy beside him. The last person I ever wanted to see. The one who made me feel like a waste.

The feelings were coming back. The pain was coming back. Everything was coming back the moment I looked at him.

Immediately his eyes turned and caught mine.

My heart was starting to drop. God I can't stare at those hazel eyes again.

I broke the eye contact immediately and turned to look at Hayley who was more or less surprised.

"Come over to say hi to the girls." Grace said while dragging kaleb and Adam towards us.

No this was not going to be good.

I was stuck standing on my spot with Hayley standing beside me when they got closer.

"Hey girls it's been a while." Kaleb grinned at us the moment they stood in front of us.

I didn't respond. I was still looking away.

"I know right." Hayley responded making me relieved. "Good to see you guys. It's been quite really long I last saw you two."

"Yeah since that club day." Kaleb nodded and turned to me. "How are you doing Naomi?"

I looked at him and smiled before nodding my head to indicate that I was fine. Immediately, my eyes glanced to Adam and I caught his eyes again. I looked away immediately and bit my lips.

I was really sure he has not taken his eyes off me yet and this was really uncomfortable.

"Awkward..." Hayley whispered.

I glared at Hayley who was grinning and wiggling her eyebrows at me this time. This was something that was supposed to make me laugh but sure as hell I wasn't comfortable at the moment. Especially with Adam standing in front of me.

My eyes turned to look away and I glanced at Adam for just a second, and sure as hell he was still looking at me.

God I miss that look.

I stared down immediately. I can't. I can't do this anymore. I've got to leave.

Nervously, I was about turning around when suddenly an arm came around my shoulders from behind, stopping me from turning any halfway.

"Looks like somebody is making my girlfriend nervous." A smirking voice came on beside me.

I recognized that voice. It was no other than Tyler, The Enemy.

What was he doing here in the first place?

"Tyler? What are you doing here?" Grace furrowed her eyebrows at him.

"This is a public place you know. Anybody comes here." He smirked. "Besides I spotted my girlfriend from a distance and couldn't help but notice that she looks nervous. So Prince Charming came by to make her feel better."

I think I was going to throw up. Tyler really does think he could assure everyone that I was his 'girlfriend'.

This was something that I could laugh at because we were certainly not anything close. Yeah we've been friends since that clinic day but considering Tyler and I as an 'item' is the last thing you will ever want to imagine.

"You bet." Hayley scoffed at his last statement.

On the other hand, Grace and Kaleb looked surprised. Slowly glancing at Adam, he was glaring at Tyler as his eyes were fixed right into Tyler's eyes.

Tyler looked back too, but he was smirking like he always does.

I rolled my eyes at how stupid this situation looked. If Adam was jealous he should sure as hell take a break. Because he surely had his time and wasted it.

"You must be Adam." Tyler grinned at him. "The butthole."

"Tyler!" I elbowed him.

"Excuse me?" Adam finally spoke up with a raised eyebrow, this time he looked like he was ready to beat up Tyler.

"I think we should leave." I held Tyler's hand.

"You sure baby girl?" He looked down at our hands and his smirk grew wider.

Okay this was totally getting out of hand. Did Tyler just call me baby girl?

Yeah I told him about the names Adam used to call me but I never expected him to just use it against Adam.

Well this made me smile for some reason.

Adams eyes suddenly glanced to our entwined hands and I could see he was already fuming up.

Good to have your own taste of the medicine douchebag.

"Yes baby boy." I grinned at Tyler.

Grace, kaleb and Hayley had no idea what was going on. Looking through the corner of my eyes, Hayley and Grace's expression was filled with shock and confusion as Grace's mouth was flung open.

"Okay What is going on here?" Hayley blinked at us in dismay.

"Tyler is joining us for lunch and that's what is going on here." I replied while staring at a smirking Tyler who was looking back at me with amazement in his eyes. "Let's go girls."

I dragged Tyler along and walked away without looking back. Didn't want to see what Adams face is like, neither do I care about how he was feeling now.

As we started walking, I couldn't hear any of the girls footsteps behind me. Well that didn't matter. They will still meet Tyler and I in KFC.

Still holding his hand we were distancing ourselves from them and I began to feel relieved with each step I took. As long as Adam wasn't close, the pressure wouldn't be there.

"You'll make an amazing actress." Tyler whispered with a snicker.

"Learnt it from you." I smirked.

"That's what boyfriends are for. To teach you something." He scoffed while putting his hands around my shoulders again as we walked this time.

Those words were funny but it couldn't hold back what I was thinking.

Adam did teach me something as a boyfriend. He thought me not to hang on to the one i love. Because they'll always bring me down.

_________________
END OF CHAPTER 60

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 97 24
I swallow nervously looking away from him "I have them for you." He says quietly. "Have what?" I say lowly, wanting to hear him say it the same way h...
326K 11.6K 51
Newton needed an apple to discover the Law of universal attraction. I needed Alex Carter to discover the attraction. Alex Carter, THE BAD BOY. Do I n...
8.3K 664 35
David has a huge, life-ruining, crush on Alyssa Harvard (who is only about one billion times out of his league). As if that wasn't enough of a proble...
4.4K 201 36
Hunter and Amelia are childhood friends. However, Amelia's feelings for Hunter aren't much of a secret. Hunter goes from girl to girl because of his...