Having A Place

By lbt_fan

In my book "Finding Emma" you learned that in 2007, a 10 year old little girl named Emma, was in an abusive f... More

Emma
Emma
Jimi
Karen
Emma
Karen
Sara
Jimi
Emma
Karen
Emma
Sara
Karen
Emma
Jimi
Karen
Jimi
Emma
Karen
Emma
Jimi
Karen
Emma
Author's Note

Karen

625 8 1
By lbt_fan

When I pulled in the driveway after our girl's day, I see Jimi leaning against his truck with a big bouquet of flowers. I look over at Emma and she has a smirk on her face.

"Do you know what he's up to?" I asked her with my eyebrows raised.

"Maybe" she said with the same smirk on her face. I pulled the SUV into the garage and we climbed out. Emma stood in the garage and I walked over to Jimi with a smile on my face.

"For you my love" he said and handed me the flowers. I leaned in and kissed him.

"They're beautiful, thank you." I said with a smile.

"Can we go inside? It's freezing out here" I said.

"Nope, we're going out" he said.

"We are? I asked with a smile.

"We are" he said.

"Hey Em, can you take these inside and put them in a vase?" I asked Emma.

"Sure" she said and took them and grabbed the shopping bags from the car and walked inside.

"You roped Emma into watching Elijah?" I asked.

"Yep. It wasn't that hard. She loves watching him" he said and helped me in the truck. Then he climbed in and pulled out of the driveway.

"So, where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll have to wait and see" he said and reached over and grabbed my hand. About a half an hour later, we pulled up to my favorite burger place.

"Oh I love this place" I said excitedly.

"I know. That's why we're here" He said with a smile and climbed out of the truck. He walked over to my side and helped me out. We walked in and got seated right away.

We sat there in a comfortable silence while we figured out what we were going to order. It is really nice to have some actual alone time with Jimi. I mean we had an entire week alone when my parents had the kids, but we were so busy with the house stuff and getting it ready, we had no time to just be with each other.

The waiter returned with our sodas and then we ordered our food. I ordered a bacon cheeseburger with fries and Jimi ordered the deluxe cheeseburger with fries. Once the waiter walked away, we started talking.

"While Emma and I were at the salon she asked me about entering a singing talent show at the end of March that Gracie is entered in." I started.

"Really? I didn't think she liked performing" Jimi said.

"Neither did I. The last time she performed in front of an actual audience was when she was eleven and she didn't really like it all that much" I said.

"I wonder what made her change her mind" Jimi said.

"It was your song writing session this morning" I said with a smile.

"Really?" Jimi asked surprised and I nodded.

"She said she loved it and she realized that she really does love to sing" I said and he smiled.

"What did you tell her?"

"I told her that I would talk to you first before agreeing to anything" I said.

"What do you think?" he asked.

"I think it would be a great opportunity for her to figure out if this is something she really wants to pursue in the future. And if she doesn't like it, she doesn't like it. I think it will help that Gracie is entered too" I said.

"I completely agree" Jimi said and I smiled. Just as we finished up the conversation, the waiter came with our food. He set it down in front of us. Once he left, we started eating our food. We finished eating about a half an hour later. We paid the bill and got ready to go. We left the restaurant and got back in the truck. Jimi started driving the opposite way of where we live so we're clearly doing something else before we go home. We sat in the truck in a comfortable silence with our fingers intertwined. Fifteen minutes later we pulled up to the park by the river. It has an amazing Christmas lights show that we haven't seen in years. Jimi and I used to take Emma every year, but things got hectic and we ran out of time.

Jimi pulled into a parking spot and turned around and grabbed my hat and mittens out of the back seat and handed them to me.

"You thought of everything didn't you?" I asked with a smile.

"I didn't want you to get cold" he said and put on his hat and gloves. We climbed out of the truck and walked towards the entrance and Jimi paid the admissions to get in.

We walked through the gates and I looped my arm in Jimi's. I forgot how beautiful this place was when it is all lit up light this. Being here alone with Jimi brought back memories when we first started dating. This was the first date he took me on. We stayed here for hours talking. We were such good friends for such a long time. He saved me from my marriage with Mark that I thought I would never get out of. He picked me up off the ground and helped me get on my feet again. When we finally went on our first date, I knew that I not only loved him, but I was in love with him.

Jimi looked down at me smiling. "What are you thinking about?" he asked and squeezed my arm.

"How much I love you" I said and looked up at him. He smiled at me.

"And how much would that be?" he asked with a smirk.

"A lot" I said and kissed him.

"I love you a lot too" he said with a smile.

We walked through the park and saw all the lights. Once we made back to the entrance and headed back to the truck.

"We have one more stop" Jimi said as he pulled out of the parking lot.

"And where is that?" I asked.

"The movie theater" He said and smiled.

He pulled up to the movie theater and it was pretty dead. We got our tickets and got some popcorn and a soda. We walked into our theater and found our seats. The previews had just started. We got situated and Jimi wrapped his arm around me and I leaned into him. Around midnight, the movie was finished. Jimi and I left the theater and headed home.

"Thank you for tonight" I said and reached for his hand.

"We needed a night for ourselves" he said and squeezed my hand.

"We definitely did" I said with a smile. We held hands until we got home. I figured Emma would still be up since she isn't doing homeschool until after the holidays. We walked through the garage door. We took our shoes and jackets off and walked through the kitchen. Everything was quiet, but the lights in the living room were still on. I walked upstairs and quietly opened Emma's bedroom door since hers is the first one at the top of the stairs. The lamp on her nightstand was still on, but she was asleep. I walked in and saw that Elijah was cuddled up next to her. Jimi walked in the bedroom a few minutes later.

"Should we leave him?" he asked.

"No, because then Emma won't sleep well" I whispered. Jimi walked over to the bed and carefully picked Elijah up. I turned off Emma's lamp and kissed her forehead. I went into our bedroom and got dressed for bed. Then I went into the bathroom and took my makeup off and washed my face. Jimi came in the bedroom and closed the door. He got dressed for bed and came in the bathroom by me. I had just finished brushing my teeth. He wrapped his arms around my waste and started kissing my neck. I put my toothbrush in the holder and Jimi slowly pulled me away from the sink and into the bedroom. Once we were out of the bathroom I turned around in his arms and started kissing him. He laid me down on the bed and continued kissing me. Our clothes were soon discarded and things continued to get heated.

The next morning I heard Elijah running down the hallway. I looked at my phone and it was a little passed 7:00. I quickly threw on Jimi's t-shirt and grabbed a pair of sweatpants and put them on incase he would bust through the door. I walked out of the bedroom and saw Elijah at the top of the stairs.

"Elijah, sweetie, you can't be so loud. Emma and Daddy are still sleeping" I said quietly.

"Sorry Mama" Elijah whispered. I walked down the hallway and met Elijah at the stairs. I picked him up and set him on my hip and walked downstairs.

"How was your night with Emma?" I asked.

"Really fun" he said with a smile.

"What did you guys do?" I asked.

"We finished building our Lego tower and ate pizza rolls for dinner. Then we watched 'Cars' and ate popcorn" he said as I headed to the kitchen. I set him down on a stool at the counter.

"Sounds like you had a good time" I said and he nodded.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I asked him.

"Lucky Charms" he said.

"Lucky Charms coming right up" I said. I got out a bowl and the cereal. I poured it in the bowl and poured in a little milk. I got him a spoon out of the drawer and put it in the bowl. I set it down in front of him and got him a glass of orange juice.

I poured myself a cup of coffee and sat next to Elijah. After Elijah finished eating I helped him clean up and then we went into the living room. I turned on Bubble Guppies for him and he climbed up on the couch and cuddled up next to me. Around 7:45 Jimi came downstairs. He got himself a cup of coffee and joined us on the couch. He wrapped his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Last night was fun wasn't it?" Jimi asked with a smirk.

I picked my head up and looked at him. "It was" I said and smiled at him.

"You know what my favorite part was?" he asked with that same smirk. I knew where he was taking this conversation.

"What?" I asked with a giggle.

"The part in our bedroom" He whispered. I rolled my eyes and giggled. Then Elijah sat up.

"Shh I can't hear the show" Elijah said angrily. Jimi and I laughed.

"Sorry bud" Jimi said.

About a half an hour later, Emma came down and made herself a bagel. Then she came over to the couch and sat next to Jimi.

"Thanks for babysitting last night Em" I said.

"Not a problem. We had fun didn't we E?" Emma said and looked over at Elijah.

"Uh huh" Elijah said not taking his eyes off the TV.

"So Em, Daddy and I talked about the talent show and we both agreed that it would be a good idea" I said with a smile.

"Really?" She asked excitedly.

"Yeah" I said with a smile.

"Thank you" she said and hugged us both.

"Gracie said you sign up on line" she added.

"Can you go grab my laptop and we'll do it right now" I said and she nodded.

"Where is it?" she asked.

"I think it is in the office" I said. Emma stood up and went to the office. Shortly after, she returned to the couch with my laptop. She sat between Jimi and I and handed it to me and we looked for the sign up. It took us a few minutes to find it, but we did. I signed her up and she couldn't be more excited. We just have to send in her music the week before so they can get the lineup organized.

"What song are you thinking about doing?" I asked her.

"I'm not sure yet. I was thinking about doing one of Carrie Underwood's songs but I haven't decided which once yet" she said.

"Which ever one you decide, I'm sure you're going to kill it" I said and kissed the top of her head.

"Thanks Mama" she said with a smile.

"Emma's gonna sing somewhere?" Elijah asked when his show went to a commercial.

"Yeah bud, in a few months at a talent show" Jimi said.

"What's a talent show?" Elijah asked.

"It's sort of a competition where people go and show off their special talents. The one Emma is going to be in is a singing one so there is going to be a lot of other singers there too" Jimi said.

"Emma's gonna be the best one there" Elijah said.

"I bet she will be" I said and Emma smiled.

We sat and watched another episode of Bubble Guppies. Once it was over, I turned the TV off.

"Why don't we all finish packing for Georgia and Alabama since we are leaving in the morning" I said.

"Are you sure Santa is going to know we're going to be at Grandma and Grandpa's?" Elijah asked concerned.

"Yes, baby, he is. There are lots of kids who spend Christmas at their grandparent's house and he still delivers their presents" I said.

"Good" Elijah said and went upstairs. We all giggled and followed him upstairs. Emma walked into her room and Jimi walked into ours. I walked down the hallway with Elijah to help him. I had Elijah almost packed he just needs a few more things.

"E, can you bring your suitcase over here please" I said and he ran over and pushed the suitcase over to his dresser. I folded up his nice clothes and had him put them in it. We packed a few more things and he was ready to go. I zipped up his suitcase and brought it into mine and Jimi's room. I set it next to my closet. It looks like Jimi just finished his packing.

"You all ready to go?" I asked him and he nodded.

"I'll go see how Emma's doing so you can get your packing done" he said with a smile.

"Thank you" I said and kissed him. Then he walked down the hallway to Emma's room. I finished up my packing and headed downstairs. Before I walked down the stairs, I peeked into Emma's room. She was on her laptop. I made my way down the stairs. I walked passed Elijah's playroom and he was in there playing with his dinosaurs. Jimi was in the kitchen making the kids lunch.

"What are you making?" I asked.

"They both requested Mac and Cheese" Jimi said with a chuckle.

"Of course they did" I said with a smile. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Thank you for making them lunch" I said.

"No problem, I'm good at making Mac and Cheese" he said and smiled at me.

"You are" I agreed. He leaned down and kissed me.

The Mac and Cheese was done a few minutes later. I went and got Emma and Elijah. Elijah was the first to come to the kitchen followed by Emma a few minutes later. Jimi served them Mac and Cheese. The kids ate their lunch and Emma went back to doing her own thing. Jimi and I both got Elijah ready for his nap. Once he was asleep, Jimi and I went into the living room. I sat down on the couch and Jimi started a fire. He sat next to me and put his arm around me. He covered us up and I cuddled up to him. We had a pretty quiet afternoon. We headed to bed early so we could be on the road by 9:00 tomorrow morning. It's almost a four hour drive, which isn't too bad, but when you have two kids, it can be challenging. We're probably going to stop somewhere for breakfast as well. Travel days are always interesting with us because somedays we have everything together and other days, well, we're just a hot mess. I'm curious to see how we're going to be tomorrow.

I woke up to my alarm going off at 8:00. I shook Jimi awake since he never seems to wake up from the alarm. The two of us got dressed and ready to go. Jimi took everyone's bags downstairs and loaded them in the car while I got the kids ready. I went into Emma's room first. I approached her bed and sat down.

"Time to wake up sweetie" I said softly and rubbed her back. She stirred a little and rolled over to face me, with her eyes still shut. I kissed her forehead and her eyes fluttered open.

"Morning sleepy head" I said cheerfully. She groaned and put her face in her pillow.

"You can sleep in the car, c'mon we've got to get going" I said and stood up. She rolled out of bed and made her way to her bathroom. Once I knew she was up and moving, I headed to Elijah's room. He was already wide awake and playing with his toys.

"C'mon baby, let's get dressed" I said. I picked out a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt for him to wear. I helped him get dressed then we headed downstairs.

Emma came downstairs about ten minutes later and sat on the couch.

"Ready to go sweetie?" I asked her. She yawned and nodded.

"We have everything in the car, so why don't you go climb in" I said. She got up and headed to the garage. Then I got Elijah in the car and buckled. We double checked if we had everything, then hit the road. So far everything is going smoothly. When we travel, driving is always easier than when we have to fly somewhere. There is less pressure with driving compared to flying. When you drive you just get in the car and go, but when you have to fly somewhere, you have to get your bags checked, get your boarding passes, go through security and find your gate. Usually we're a hot mess making our way through the airport.

But today the Westbrook clan actually hit the road on time without any issues... for once.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

604 69 17
NOTE: My friend and I wrote this as a complete joke. We have written this like those typical stories with stuttering and everything. It's meant to be...
664 18 15
PLEASE IF YOU HAVEN'T READ MY FIRST TWO STORIES "ADOPTION" AND "JUST LIKE YOU" THEN DO SO BEFORE YOU READ THIS ONE! First there was the adoption. Th...
11.9K 253 37
> Your average love story. Finn helps Millie out and they become friends. They don't know if they have something more then a relationship of friends...