Miss Stranger

By aanavats01

Ranked #34 on (7-Oct-2017) Relations, they're are the most important part of our life. We are all surrounded... More

Prologue!!
Chapter - 1
Chapter- 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 27
Chapter - 28
Chapter - 29
Epilogue!!

Chapter - 7

1K 93 13
By aanavats01

Noah's P.O.V.

I was working on my new presentation when I heard a knock on my door. I glanced at the clock and it was Nine of the morning.

"Come in", I said and Eva entered with a cup of coffee. It had been a week of her joining but she never ever reached on time once from past seven days.

"Again late Miss. Peterson", I said again typing on my laptop.

She placed the cup on my table and said with a sigh, "I know and I'm sorry but I just can't make it before nine at any cost".

"That's not what I'm expecting to hear from you. Is that what you call being professionals?", I asked picking up my coffee.

"Thirty minutes doesn't make any difference sir", she said rolling her eyes.

I glanced at the coffee and said, "You made cappuccino when you know I like black coffee and you're justifying that your coming late to office doesn't matter. What do you want me to do? To stop my company for your own likes and dislikes", I asked sipping the tasty coffee.

Don't judge me, I like the coffee she made but I'm boss here and I need to be strict. Plus, I can't be friendly to her, she already took me so lightly.

"Fine, what do you want to do then? Give me punishment", she said chuckling.

This girl, gosh. She never took me seriously.

"Actually, yes. I'm going to punish you", I said and her eyes go wide.

"What?", She asked shocked.

"Yes, you came office everyday half an hour late so in return you've to stay for two hours more in office. From now you'll be leaving office with me or else try to come office on time", I said.

"Hey, that's unfair. You can't do th-", she was about to argue but I was done so I cut her off.

"Get back to work Miss. Peterson", I said and the annoyed look on her face made me smile. She's a kid.

I again got back to work enjoying that amazing coffee!! Miss. Stranger is fun to work with. I can totally piss her off, Mrs Haldie was way too professional.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

I got a call from Aria during my lunch break which I so successful wasted in working only.

"Hello", I said.

"Hey, Noah. What are you doing this weekend?", Aria asked.

"Umm, I don't know. I've to see my schedule, just hold on", I said and pressed the intercom.

Eva came inside with a notepad and a pen and said, "You called me Mr Calvin".

"Yes, just tell me what's my schedule this weekend", I said and she nodded.

She went through pages and said, "You have a meeting at ten with Mr Kevin, and then you're good to go".

I raised my eyebrows at her. Really, good to go. Who is the boss here? Just someone tells this girl.

"Aria I'm having breakfast with Mr Kevin and after that, I'll be free", I said going back to Aria.

"Ok, good. Thing is that dad wants to meet you for lunch. He wants to have dinner with you and your family member. Could you make it possible?", She asked.

"I'll try Aria, I can't promise", I said because it would take some time to persuade Jessica to come to have lunch with Aria.

"Ok", she said and then hung up. My stomach grumbled but reminding me to eat something.

I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose. How will I be able to coax Jessica now?

"Any problem?" I heard  Eva's voice.

"You're still here?", I asked.

"Yes. I saw you all tensed so I can't make myself out of this room", she said.

"Miss. Peterson, I'm fine. You can go", I said but she sat down on the chair in front of me.

"C'mon Mr Orchid, it's lunch break. You can chill for some time. Call me Eva", she said.

"Call me Noah then", I said and she chuckled.

Why does she smile so much?

"I saw you're tensed about something. May I help you?", She asked.

"Why are you so fond of helpings others? Seriously, get a life", I said.

"I'm like this only and I have a very happy life, don't worry", she said.

"It's something personal. I don't think, I wanna share it with you", I said.

"Who am I?", She asked.

"Pardon", I said.

"No, tell me. Who am I to you?", She asked.

"Personal secretary", I said.

"So, you can tell me anything personal. I wanna know. I'm your friend also", she said.

"When did we become friends now?", I asked shocked.

"It had been a long time from my side. Maybe you haven't accepted me as a friend but doesn't matter. I always help my friends, no matter what", she said and I just shook my head.

This girl is beyond my imagination. She'll be always a stranger to me, because whatever she does always surprise me. I can't read her.

Fine but better keep this conversation till you and no gossiping about it to anyone", I warned her.

"I'm a great secret keeper", she said waving her hands at me.

I told her everything that how Aria invited me for lunch and how my sister doesn't like her but I didn't tell her about my stepmom.

"Why does your sister hates Aria?", Eva asked.

"I wish I could've known. They don't discuss it with me", I said with a sigh.

"Maybe I can try? I can talk to your sister and convince her to have lunch with you and Aria", she said out of blue.

"What? I thought you're a bit crazy but you're totally insane", I said.

"Why do you say so?", She asked with a frown.

"What will you say to Jessica? You're a stranger and no one likes strangers giving a piece of advice. Why do you repeat the same mistake again and again? You've already ruined your image in front of Aria. Now, you want Jessica to hate you too?", I asked.

"There's no harm in trying. Give me a chance ok. Think about it", she said and got up after saying this.

I just kept looking at her leaving the cabin. Why is she like this? I mean which unknown person would take so keen interest in your miseries? Is she really this goody two shoe or pretending to be one? I've to keep a check on this girl too.

I again get back to work when again I heard a knock on my door. Now what? I know it's Eva only.

"Come in", I said and saw a peon came inside with a tray of food and coffee. He placed it on my table and gave me a card.

I took it and there was written, "Had your lunch Mr Orchid" and on the bottom was written by your friend Miss. Stranger. A smile spread on my lips, she's something unique.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

It's Friday, a day before my lunch with Aria and her dad and I'm in my car waiting for Eva to come. It had been fifteen minutes that I've been waiting for her. This girl never ever reaches on time. She's so unpunctual.

I saw her running out of her building towards my car. Only if she'll be a little punctual, she doesn't have to do everything in such a hurry.

"Sorry, I got late", she said entering the car taking a heavy breath.

"Tell me something new about it", I said but then I smelled the fragrance of rose.

I saw her taking out a bouquet of roses from her bag and she placed it safely on her lap and throw the bag on the backseat.

"Someone's looking forward to impress my sister by giving roses. Ain't you Miss. Rose?", I said kicking the engine.

"Mr Orchid, roses are a symbol of love, friendship and peace and they're cheap also. I don't mind bribing someone with them", she said stroking her hands lightly on red and yellow roses in the bouquet.

"We'll see", I said.

The ride was smooth and she remained silent most of the times but asked me some questions about Jessica.

"What does Jessica likes the most?", She asked.

"Chocolates and shopping all time", I said.

"What does Aria likes the most?", Eva asked.

"Shopping and partying", I said.

"Is there anything which differs in both the girls?. I mean your sister and Aria", She asked.

"Umm, I don't think so. They share similar liking", I said as much as I remember.

"Hmm", she just hummed in response.

"I guess I should've bought orchids for your sister also", Eva said and I gave a quick glance at her. She was looking at the roses in her lap.

"I don't know much about her likes actually but she won't mind roses also", I said.

"You don't know about your sister likes? Why so?", She asked.

"I never felt the need to know", I said truly.

"Doesn't she got mad at you when you don't pamper her?", Eva asked and this time I chuckled.

"What?", She asked.

"She's not a kid now, Eva. She's a mature girl and I don't want to be a nagging brother and there's no need to pamper her. She knows that whenever she'll need me, I'll be there for her but I can't be always there with her as her bodyguard. She's an independent girl and can take care of herself very well, just like Aria", I said.

"That's nice. I can't be independent. I need a person to be there with me all the time, you know so that I can feel protected", Eva said.

"So that's why you make so many friends?", I asked.

"Yeah", she said.

"But you have a husband to be there for you all the time. You don't need to be friend with every second person", I kept my opinion.

"Yeah, but I like being surrounding by people all the time", she said and I felt a tinge of loneliness in her voice.

"Ok", I said and took a right turn on the road and soon reached my mansion. I parked my car and came out and Eva too came out herself from her side.

"Wow you're so rich", Eva said.

"You thought I'm not rich?", I asked.

"No, I mean you're Richie Rich. Now, I got why do you waste so many money on useless things?", She said.

"So, I waste my money. What do you mean by that?", I asked.

"We don't have a whole day. Let's go and talk to you sister", she said and started walking towards the main door with me following her.

I pressed the door bell with one thought in my mind that,

God knows what this girl is going to do!!

------------------------------

Hey cupcakes!! How's you guys?

How's the chapter? Do lemme know!!

Vote, comments and share!!

Instagram: soul.musical

Keep reading..
Love you all..
Aana..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 522 65
What happens when someone whom you used to call as 'bestfriend' turns out to be someone who you never thought him to become like and all this happen...
285 30 4
Two highschoolers Eva and Adam meet each other in their senior years. Eva is one of the famous girls of the school. She is a hardworking student but...
14.7K 1.4K 35
Shanvi sharma a 2nd yr of college student, she is ambivert and kind, loving and caring in nature but she is little bit short tempered. she is coming...
1.4M 46.1K 57
After Noah destroyed Emelie's heart, she spiraled into a deep depression. When he reappears years later with a very different version, she must decid...