His Harem, his women and his...

بواسطة Fionalibby

Through times we have heard unconventional love stories, there was 'Layla and Majnu' 'Romeo and Juliet' 'Jodh... المزيد

His Harem, his women and his WOMAN
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Author's note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61 part-one
Chapter 61 part-two
Author's note and a Thank you
Epilogue
Sequel / Book two

Chapter 50

6.8K 323 51
بواسطة Fionalibby

Not Edited

He had left his royal seal at her disposal before he left Isfahan. Knowing what he now knew about Omeed, Hafez was certain she could govern the nation in his absence. After all she had the scholars, a few trusted ministers and her uncle the Nazir at her 'beck and call'.

Although this was a long overdue trip, Hafez had been expected to take Omeed or a favoured consort along. But he choose to do it alone with his trusted guards, Amir and a couple of ministers.

It was a routine incognito inspection where he is expected to travel around Persia to see how the common citizens lived and to also rectify wherever he thought his administration wasn't doing justice.

Even though he had left her on a sour note, that didn't deprive him from giving her a goodbye kiss early that morning as he left her bedchamber. Through the night he had watched her whimper and sniffle in her sleep after sneaking into her bedchamber.

Saddened to have made her cry. Only during the early hours of the morning did she finally fall into deeper sleep. "Farewell my love, I hope to see you soon. When I return things will once again be different." Hafez had said leaving feather like kisses on her cheeks.

"I will never stop loving you. So please remain healthy for me." He said as a parting word while he exit her chamber warning the maids against speaking a word of his visit.

The Nazir visited Omeed's pavilion shortly after she had her meal that morning. Hafez's impromptus decision had taken him aback, but he was almost certain it was for the good of Persia.

"Uncle, to what do I owe this unexpected visit?" Omeed enquired as she joins him in the waiting area of her pavilion. She was sure Hafez had strict laws forbidding the interaction between ministers and consorts.

"Forgive me your majesty, but before his majesty left early this morning, he passed me his royal seal wanting you to take charge of the government while he's away." The Nazir says handing the imperial seal to an astound Omeed.

"But--but I don't usually involve myself with politics." She says with confusion etched on her face.

"Well your majesty, his majesty trusts you enough to make decisions that will benefit Persia. Myself and the scholars are there to guide you should you require our guidance." He continues to say ignoring the conflicting look of indecision fleeting through Omeed's eyes.

"Your majesty, you will be expected to attend court hearings and implement simple laws that'll benefit the common citizens." Her uncle drawls out. He stops speaking to see the panic stricken Omeed shut her eyes tightly. "What troubles you my dear?"

"Uncle, I don't think I can do this. It's too much of a burden to lay on my already full hands." Omeed grumbles as she paces the hall. "Hafez-- I mean his majesty must be out of his mind to leave the governing of Persia in my hands." She groans rubbing her face furiously.

"What are you afraid of?" He gently ask Omeed. "My niece, my sister's daughter whom I watch grow was never one to be afraid of anything. She was someone who faced her problems head-on and she wasn't one to shy away from responsibilities and task."

"That's just it uncle, I am not that little girl anymore. I feel suffocated already as it is." Omeed pants trying to control her anger. "Do you think I will be taken seriously? What if I make mistakes?"

"Everyone is bound to make mistakes since it's human nature to do so. You will be taken seriously because right now, you are the most senior head of the royal family in the absence of his majesty." Omeed knew he was right but at that moment she felt overwhelmed by everything that had happen in the last twenty four hours.

"Fine I will do it. What time do I need to be in court?" She ask him as she rubs on her temple. Appalled he had been able to convince her within minutes.

"As soon as possible. I had been earlier this morning to inform you but was told you were asleep and that you slept late." He reasoned with her when she looks at him in dismay. "I am sorry your majesty but you will have to hurry up."

With a grunt Omeed retreats into her bedchamber to prepare herself for her first day in court. "I do hope they don't expect me to do this often." She grumbles out loudly as she powders her face then tidy up her hair. "If I am so untrustworthy why has he left Persia in my inept hands?"

She continues talking to herself as she puts finishing touches to her already perfect attire.

"Let's go." Omeed calls out to her uncle as he awaits her. "Anything I need to know? " she ask him as they walk outside to a waiting entourage that comprised of eunuchs, maids and a few scholars.

"Your majesty." They all greet her at once as she approaches them. With a wave of her hand she indicates that they dispel every curtsy and they soon followed behind her. It hadn't been an easy move from the start but Omeed soon got things in order.

Rumours spread far and beyond of her governing methods as some compared her style to that of Hafez's. Her time alone in his long absence were spent reading scrolls on her mattress, eating and having meetings. Omeed even had to postpone the consorts gathering indefinitely a few times.

With the return of her family back to Hindustan, Omeed was pleased to have Zoya back with her. They had spent a whole month in Persia and were proud once they heard of the faith Hafez had in Omeed. It was unheard of for a king to leave the matters of his kingdom to the queen.

Omeed carefully made certain Zoya never found out her decision to invite her family over had left behind a detrimental backlash. She knew Zoya meant well and was going to keep it that way for as long as she possibly could.

"Your majesty, it's been three months since you last spoke or saw lady Feriha. I think it's time you put your differences aside." Zoya says exasperatedly as Omeed lays unceremoniously on her mattress with her legs dangling over the edge.

With a yawn she responds. "Feriha walked away from me Zoya, I didn't abandon her." Yawning once again she complains. "I can't seem to keep my eyes open. I am forever sleepy."

"Perhaps you are pregnant." Zoya says teasingly. She suddenly gasp as realisation hits her and Omeed. "Your majesty, you haven't been having your courses." She says in barely a whisper.

Sitting up abruptly, Omeed comments. "His majesty has been gone for three months. If I am indeed with a child, it will mean I am at least three months along." Omeed's head quickly did the mathematics of things before she immediately asked Zoya to secretly summon Feriha.

Panic ridden, Omeed sits up on her mattress as she wonders what Hafez would make of this pregnancy. How was she going to protect the baby she was certain was growing in her stomach when the father is away? Omeed's worse fear was loosing a second baby.

She bit her lips nervously as she awaited the only two people she trusted the most with the knowledge of the impending birth. She should have known when her eating habit changed. When her once ill fitted clothes seemed to fit perfectly. It's no wonder she always wanted to lie on the damned mattress. Omeed thought to herself.

Feriha had been deep in thoughts missing her best friend when she felt the presence of someone behind her. Turning around sharply, she was stunned to see Zoya wrapped up in a cloak. "Zoya, what are you doing in the dark?" She admonishes Zoya for scaring her.

"Her majesty wants to see you as soon as possible." Zoya informs her as her eyes darts around to make sure they were alone. Feriha sensing the urgency in her voice stood up abruptly as worries immediately made their way to her face.

"Is she well?" Feriha ask Zoya moving closer to her. She had feared Omeed would eventually fall sick due to her workload. Hafez was expected any day now but had sent a missive stating he would stay a month longer than originally planned.

"She's very well, but would like to see you discreetly." Zoya informs her as Feriha's heart races.

"Let's go, I am not busy." Replies Feriha as she follows Zoya closely.

Although they had taken precaution, the ladies had been spotted that night by non other than consort Afsoon and Asal who were out for a late evening stroll through the royal garden. "Looks like her majesty has summoned physician Feriha." Afsoon says absentmindedly.

"It would seem that way. But I thought they had a fall out?" Asal ask in return as her head goes into overdrive thinking what could possibly be going on.

"Maybe they've made up." Snorts Afsoon as she shrugs her shoulder.

"But why does she have to summon her during the dark?" Asal mumbles to herself.

"Let's return to our chambers, we have been out here long enough." Afsoon complains not enjoying the sound of insects in the dark garden.

"Your majesty." Feriha bows to Omeed as she enters her bedchamber to come face to face with a nervous Omeed as she paces from one end of her room to the other. "You asked to see me?" She says as she looks at a tensed Omeed. 'She looks like a caged tiger'. Notes Feriha.

"Take my pulse!" Omeed orders her putting her left hand in Feriha's face. "I am going crazy." Mutters Omeed as she pants hard. From her breathing Feriha could sense something was wrong.

Taking her hand in hers, Feriha placed three fingers on Omeed's wrist as she read her pulse. Her once warm fingers turned cold as they shook at the realisation. "You-- you are with a child your majesty." Feriha stutters as she shakes her head hoping this wasn't her imagination.

"I have to run away from this palace Feriha, I cannot bear the thought of loosing another baby. My fragile heart won't tolerate it." Omeed rants as her body shakes nervously. "Hafez isn't even her to protect me and the child." She whisper yells trying to control her voice.

"Calm down your majesty, how long have you known you were pregnant?" Feriha ask her as she thinks of a way to help her scarred friend.

"I only suspected moments ago, hence I had Zoya summon you to confirm what I already knew. I have been lazying around lately, eating and sleeping. Not once did I stop to think I could be with a child."

Omeed chewed on her lips anxiously. "I am at-least three months along since his majesty has been gone for that long.

"Lie down so I can examine your stomach." Feriha persuades Omeed who seemed unwilling at first but obeyed after Zoya got involved. Feeling her stomach, Feriha nods her head. "You are indeed pregnant your majesty. I will say you are almost four months along."

Omeed's panic mode immediately goes into an overdrive once again. "I have to leave before someone kills this child. We still haven't been able to find out who killed my son."

"You cannot just run away Omeed." Reprimands Feriha. "What if your enemies find you?"

"I agree with lady Feriha, what about your responsibilities?" Says a frantic Zoya. "Persia needs you and so does the less privileged." Zoya cries. "Whatever happened to you fighting for the vulnerable?"

"What do you expect me to do? Right now my stomach isn't showing but sooner or later it would. And then everyone will find out." Omeed's thought were being irrational as all she cared about was the safety of the child growing inside her.

"That's where we come in. Mine and Zoya's duty is to make sure nobody finds out." Feriha says with confidence. "Hopefully his majesty will return soon." As an afterthought, Feriha adds. "Do not send a missive informing him since it might fall into the wrong hands." Warns Feriha.

"You don't need to worry about that since we are not on speaking terms anyway." She answers nonchalantly before realising what she had said. Luckily it was her two closest allies with her.

"First Zoya has to make you some new ill fitting clothes. You will need to avoid meeting people regularly as an experienced person can tell you're pregnant from your breathing or just make sure you sit or lie down when you do. Stop meeting the consorts, perhaps give the reign to someone else for now. Also I will get you something to tie your stomach with when it gets bigger."

"Won't that affect the child?" Omeed asked aghast rubbing her stomach protectively. She was worried about the baby whom she seem to have already started bonding with.

"It won't if done for short period of time. You should spend more time in bed feigning illness alternatively." Feriha says seriously as Zoya chuckles.

"That shouldn't be difficult since you spend more time in bed than anywhere else lately." Zoya scornfully adds.

"Shut up Zoya!" Omeed growls. "Hafez better return soon. If only Amir was around I would feel a little safer."

"Your herbs will be prepared outside the palace so the physicians won't suspect you are with a child. I can handle that." Feriha reassures Omeed.

"How have you been Feriha?" Omeed ask her suddenly. "You avoided me for three months, did you ever miss me?" Omeed ask her anxiously nibbling the inside flesh of her mouth.

"I have missed you Omeed. I was initially disappointed in you but also disappointed with the way I reacted." Feriha calmly says as she closes the distance between them.

"That day you didn't hear me out. The person who reported seeing you with Ali had not been spying on you." Omeed says with a smile on her face. "The individual was spying on Ali who had been frequenting the palace more than required." Omeed tells Feriha who looks away too ashamed to face Omeed.

"I am sorry, I just missed Farzan so much at that time hence I allowed my emotions ruin our friendship." She sighs dejectedly hoping Omeed will forgive her indiscretion.

"I understand Feriha, even if the world tells me otherwise. I will always believe in our sisterhood." Omeed says firmly as she welcomes Feriha into her arms where both ladies cried for their different reasons. Whilst Omeed cried for Hafez, Feriha cried for Farzan.

No sooner did Omeed discover she was pregnant her baby bump began to show. It became obvious she was with a child and so Omeed had to drastically reduce her outings and meetings claiming Hafez's absence has left her in a depressed state as she waits for her husband's return.

Omeed was laid under her bed covers when Feriha arrived bearing bad news. Hafez had fallen off his horse during a hunting trip and as a result, he has taken seriously ill. It was an hushed affair but Feriha had found out because physicians were being summoned from the palace to assist in his recovery.

Before Hafez had lost consciousness, he had specifically ordered that Omeed be left in the dark. He was worried what harm the information would cause Omeed. He didn't want her crying especially with him unavailable to console her. "She is only allowed to cry on my shoulders." He had told Amir possessively.

Jumping to her feet, Omeed dashes for the doors but luckily Zoya and Feriha had anticipated her response so they were quick to stop her. "Step out of the way! I need to get to my Hafez. Hafez needs me." She tries reasoning with them.

"Then what happens to the baby in your stomach?" Zoya questions Omeed through clenched teeth as she tries to keep the other maids from hearing them. "Because I am certain the minute you walk through those doors in your state, then you can forget about the child." She says angrily as she stares at Omeed protruding stomach.

"There's nothing you going to his majesty would do, but there's something you can do for him right here. You must protect Persia and the baby inside you." Feriha interjects sternly as Omeed slumps to the floor praying Hafez gets better soon.

They were right, she was once again behaving like an emotional mess. "Ok I want you to go to him Feriha. I know you'll do the best to keep him alive." Omeed points out as she stares in Feriha's eyes pleadingly.

"What about you then? Who is going to watch you?" Feriha wasn't keen on leaving Omeed unattended for a fortnight without medical supervision in hand. "It will take me five days if I ride fast to get there and another five to return if everything goes as planned."

"Take my horse and have Atash and three other body guards escort you!" Omeed orders her. "I have Faisal should I need medical intervention. In the meantime I will remain bed ridden until your return." She concludes seriously leaving no room for argument. "If queried why you have joined them without an invitation, tell them the queen requires a status update."

With a resigned sigh Feriha leaves Omeed's pavilion with a tag giving her right to access and right to pass through. During Feriha's absence, Omeed kept to her words as she ran the government in a sitting or laying position waiting for Feriha's imminent return. Many merely thought her a weakling or a wife madly in love.

Unfortunately, Feriha didn't return in the fortnight that was initially planned. Hafez's condition was a lot more serious than the first diagnosis had stated. The physicians were at their 'wits end' and desperately seek the help of other physicians around Persia.

In his comatose state, herbs couldn't be administered to him with his mouth tightly clenched together. "Head eunuch Amir, I need you to allow me access to his majesty. Even though he is unconscious there's something I must let him know." Feriha pleaded with a tired looking Amir.

"What is it?" Amir ask her but she merely said its a message from her majesty. Seeing no harm in that and knowing the deep bond the couple shared, Amir granted her permission to Hafez.

Feriha got really close to Hafez's ear not wanting Amir who remained on guard in the room to hear her. "Your majesty, it is physician Feriha. You have to wake up because her majesty queen Omeed needs you more than ever. She is pregnant with your child. Please wake up for Omeed and the baby."

With the words whispered, she retreats from the room to talk to the other physicians about assisting. So far she has been ignored due to her ranking and her being a woman in a male dominated occupation. "I was wondering why don't we steam up a room and boil the herbs into his majesty's body."

They ignored her thinking she was stupid. "It's something I saw in a medical text book her majesty sent down." At Omeed's name being mentioned they all paid heed to Feriha. No one wanted the wrath of the firecracker that was the queen.

"Oh her majesty also asked me to remind everyone of you should his majesty die, your lives won't be the only thing you'll be loosing."

Feriha was fed up and wanted to return to the palace, but couldn't unless she was certain Hafez was conscious enough to accept medical treatment. If threatening the senior physicians will get the job done quickly, then so be it. "Where is the book you speak of?" The chief physician ask her.

Handing it over to him, Feriha waits for him to quickly read through it. With the knowledge in mind and satisfaction this was the right track, they all proceeded with the course of action. Surprisingly, Hafez regained consciousness the next day much to the relief of everyone involved.

With a sigh of relief Feriha bids Amir and the other physicians farewell as she returns to the palace. She didn't care when the other physicians got all the glories for waking the king from his slumber like state a month after his accident.

Thankfully Omeed had been in good health and haven't needed medical assistance. Her medical skills have been put to test as she takes care of her self under the watchful eyes of Zoya.

Hafez was finally returning to the palace several months after he had first set off. He had lost oodles of weight and had needed a month rest before he could travel. Thinking he had a pleasant dream in his comatose state, he hasn't made mention of what Feriha had said to him.

Her words had spurred him onto regaining consciousness.

"It will be nice if her face was the first one I see when we enter the palace." He tells Amir as they sit next to each other in Hafez's royal chariot.

"Would you like me to send a missive ahead informing her majesty?" Amir ask Hafez.

"No, I would prefer if she had done it on her own free will." He says sadly as he looks out the window watching shepherds pasture their animals in water meadows. "I have been away for eight months Amir, I left her on a sore note." He says sadly holding back unshed tears.

Omeed had been in a deep slumber when she heard the sound of trumpets going off. It had startled her awake from her dreamless sleep. "Zoya, find out what all the chaos is about." She instructs Zoya who quickly scurried off to find out.

Moments later, Zoya rushed back excitedly. "His majesty has returned. He just entered the palace and everyone from consorts, ministers, eunuchs and palace maidens are rushing out to greet him--."

Before Zoya could finish her statement Omeed with her huge stomach was halfway towards the door. "Your majesty." Zoya chastises her.

"I don't care anymore, it's too late for them to hurt my baby now. I am not going to sit here while Hafez is only several feet away from me."

"Ok let me at least dress you properly. You are in your bed clothes." Zoya sighs.

"Hurry up then. Fetch me something to wear while I fix my hair and powder my face." Omeed announces as she sits herself in front of her dressing mirror.

Deemed presentable, she walks out of her bedchamber for the first time during the day in months. Pregnancy suited her well because she glowed. Omeed was at her finest and happiest. As she rushes towards the exit of her pavilion.

Mouths were agape as maids, eunuch and guards stared at Omeed in reverence. Shocked to see their very pregnant queen for the first time in a long time. Too stunned to even show courtesy as she dashes pass them towards her husband.

Her anger towards him long forgotten. What mattered was he had returned safely, the father of her child is back, her husband has returned home. It didn't matter that her humongous stomach slowed her down considerably.

As Hafez got off his chariot, everyone bowed welcoming him to the palace. His eyes searched for the brown orbs he has missed dearly. The sad ones that have haunted him for months. He couldn't help but feel an overwhelming sense of disappointment when he looks towards the stand that had his consorts and she wasn't with them.

"Perhaps she still thinks I am upset with her." He murmurs to Amir. "It's my fault you know, I shouldn't have been too harsh on her."

"It was necessary at the time your majesty." Amir replies as they walk forward.

Chaos from the back of the crowd soon broke out as Hafez watch people move out of the way. "What is going on?" He ask Amir who shrugs his shoulder indicating he had no idea either. The silence was deafening because the reason for this became obvious with the emergence of Omeed.

Her eyes remained transfixed on his as she makes her way towards him. Whilst everyone else had their eyes looking downwards, Hafez stared at the most beautiful woman he has ever known. Amir's gasp next to him finally broke his stare.

"Sh-- she's with a child." Amir stutters as Omeed runs towards Hafez. He couldn't believe what his eyes were seeing as he looks at her in amazement.

Too shocked to move or say a word, Hafez watched Omeed approach him. She moved like the devil himself was after her. Tripping over as he catches her. He holds her firmly, too afraid she might disappear if he lets her go.

Panting as she stands before him. "Welcome back your majesty." She whispers remembering the last time they were together he had forbade her from addressing him informally.

"O--O--Omeed?" Hafez wasn't quite sure if he was in a dreamlike state or this angel that stood before him in his arms was indeed his Omeed.

Giggling, Omeed takes his hand resting it on her swollen stomach that hid his child. "Our baby will be due any day now." She informs him noting he was too surprise to come up with a proper sentence. "Since you're still reeling from the surprise, I had better leave you alone to address the ministers."

Omeed pulls away from Hafez only to have him stop her. He refused to let go of her hand. "Amir tell the ministers his majesty will address them in court tomorrow." Omeed orders Amir.

She suddenly felt a cramping pain as fluid trickles down the insides of her legs. Gasping, Omeed grips Hafez's hand firmly as she stares in his eyes. "It is time. The baby is coming right now." She growls out to him quietly as she tries to control her emotions.

Author's note: A long chapter so please support by commenting or voting. 

Make the effort worthwhile. 

Do tell me what you think and pardon the typos.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

Rajputana بواسطة Manika

التاريخية

206K 8.3K 28
"I am ready but there is only one problem that my month has come". She said while controlling her smile. Abhirath asked in confusion "what? month?? W...
10.1M 756K 88
Marriage had always been my dream but not to a man about whom I know nothing. The moment my father fixed an alliance of me to a Prince without even t...
1.7M 72.1K 70
It's time to fall for cocky, charming, and handsome Billionaire! Or is it? Anyways, life gives you what you never expected out of it in the mess wher...
501K 30.4K 46
Highest ranking, #1 in spiritual ( 10/7/2016 ) until ( 5/ 9/ 2016 ). How can you fix something that's already been broken, several times? I a...