One Night (Book 1) - Zayn Mal...

By lovelessbeauty

It only takes One Night to fall in love... To change a life, for everything to come undone. But it takes more... More

One Night
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chpater 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Tonight (Book 2)
Translations

Chapter 38

199K 3.8K 1.2K
By lovelessbeauty

Let It Go – Dragonette

I Could Be The One – Avicii

Midnight Memories – One Direction

___________

I feel warmth crawling up my skin. My eyes slowly open. The sun is shining in from my window, heating my skin through the cold autumn weather outside. I blink slowly a few times, blinking away the sleep. Last nights memories hit me like a train and I quickly scramble around my bed in search for my phone.

Finding it I see two messages, one from Zayn and another from Niall. I gather that after a while he must have ended the call.

"You fell asleep on the phone so I ended the call, good night Juliet. Come home." I stare at the message and I memorize it.

Come home, Boulder was my home now there was no doubt about it. Even through his text I can tell he isn't requesting I come home, he's commanding me to. I smile though - despite that fact - at the message he had left and slowly exit it to see the next message.

"Hey Jules, it's Niall, I got the text sent out and the party is going to be tonight for Sarah's birthday, told her I wanted her home early for a dinner – play along please :)"

Reading this text is a relief and annoying. I always planned Sarah's birthdays, the most I did for this was pick a place. Niall had sent out the invites and the date. I feel bad I didn't play a bigger part but I'm relieved he took the lead, all the thoughts in my head were overwhelming and I could hardly concentrate on walking let alone plan Sarah a birthday party.

It's quiet in the house and I know my parents went out with Jeremy for the afternoon. I find a note on the counter saying they didn't want to wake me up but they will be back soon.

As I rummage through the pantry and refrigerator I begin to make myself something to eat. As I begin pouring my cereal into the bowl there is a knock at my door. I pray that it isn't Matt who has come looking for me.

Resting my hand on the cool handle of the door I take a deep breath preparing myself for any possibility before opening it.

I'm relieved to see Sarah's blue eyes staring at me, her foot tapping on the ground with impatience. I raise an eyebrow at her looking like she had been waiting for years for me to open the door.

"About time." She sighs walking past me into the house. I look behind her and see her parents car driving away. I turn back to her and shut the door, waiting for her to explain what she was doing here.

"What's going on?" My voice wary, I wonder if she has news about Matt for me.

"There's been a change of plans, we're leaving right now. Niall wants me home tonight, he says he has a birthday dinner planned for the two of us." I smile at her, knowing the secret that she didn't. This would most likely be the first time she's actually been surprised by her birthday party.

"Right... You want to leave right now?" I point to the ground with my index finger and a raised eyebrow. She nods and clears her throat, flipping some of her blonde hair over her shoulder.

"You didn't lock my car last night – you never lock your car and you should start." Her motherly advice chimes through the house and I smile at her. "Anyways I shoved my bags in there, now all I need is you and the keys." She opens her hand out to me, the palm facing the ceiling waiting for the keys. I roll my eyes.

"I guess we're leaving." I mumble, I rush to my room and write a quick note to my parents. Promising that it was an emergency and I will call them tomorrow explaining everything – I know my mom will be upset with me leaving without a proper goodbye but I didn't have much choice.

Grabbing my bags I find Sarah is already in the car waiting for me. She is excited about Niall's dinner – I could tell from eagerness to leave. Climbing in the car she fills the ride with thoughts of what Niall might do for her tonight. I zone out after the first three extravagant ideas.

I have been quietly texting Niall during our drive. We've planned for me to leave an hour before he picks her up so I can set up a few decorations at the frat house, then he'll bring her to the frat house saying he forgot something and will ask her to come in with him – then surprise!

I have a good feeling about this surprise birthday, the first one I think Sarah has no idea about for once. I'm curious to see if she'll actually cry or if she'll be so surprised she'll be immobile. I silently laugh at the thought of Sarah being immobile.

"So Niall is picking me up tonight about 7:30, I have to do my hair – I think I'll do an up do – and I'll wear my purple dress that fits to me perfectly." She begins to explain to me as we reach campus.

"Sounds beautiful Sare." I smile as we finally park.

I'm relieved to get out of the car – she's been talking non-stop and though I love her, I can only handle so much. I'm excited to be back in Boulder, the familiar cool air, the brick buildings, autumn trees that are slowly losing their leaves, and Zayn... My body is pumping with excitement with the thought of seeing him today – especially knowing everything is okay between us.

When we get into our dorm Sarah is immediately in the bathroom taking a shower. I still have a few hours until the plan is going to be set in motion so I decide to take a shower after Sarah. I allow my hair to dry in natural waves and pull some of my bangs back with a bobby pin. Sarah is taking up the bathroom for the majority of the time, doing her make up until it's perfect.

For most of my time I lay in my bed, relaxing and loving the feeling of being back to Boulder. Everything feels different here than back in Loveland, it feels fresh, new, where I belong. There were no lingering memories, no scents or pictures that brought back unwanted thoughts and feelings.

I sit at my desk studying some of my notes as she talks more about her thoughts on tonight. I hope she's not disappointed to find out Niall and her aren't having a little date tonight – though I'm sure he will still take her on one later.

I realize Sarah is starting to panic and scramble around the room, alerting me that she's getting close to the time of her date. I quickly turn my phone on and spot the time, it's almost 6:30 and need to get dressed for the party.

I debate wearing jeans but seeing as it's Sarah I figure I should get dressed up. I pick out a strapless dress, it's a hunter green color with a hint of teal. There is an elaborate beading and rhinestone detailing the bust.

It forms a beautiful crisscross pattern that continues all the way up the frame of the bust. The bottom material has no detail to it, just the simple soft fabric that ends at about the middle of my thighs. I grab my phone and car keys turning around to see Sarah watching me.

"And where might you be sneaking off to?" She has a sly smile on her face and I know I'm caught. She knows about her birthday – I've ruined the surprise... Just play dumb, maybe I can get away with it.

"Uh... what do you mean?" I put on my most light and innocent voice. Trying to not look her directly in the eye - I was never great at lying, especially to Sarah.

"Don't think I don't know you're sneaking off to see Zayn." She smiles at me. I smile at her comment, alleviated that she didn't think it was for any other reason.

"You caught me." I laugh, it's not a complete lie, Zayn would be at the frat house.

"And you're wearing the dress we picked out together at the beginning of the year." She smiles at me – beginning of the year. The six hour shopping trip she dragged me on that seems like years ago.

"I'm going to go, have fun tonight. We'll talk after the date?" I make my voice casual – as it normally would be. She doesn't detect the acting and smiles,

"Of course. Be safe." She winks before walking back into the bathroom. I laugh and roll my eyes as I leave the room. The drive to the frat house is easy, there's not much traffic – surprising for Saturday evening. When I reach the house I'm surprised by the amount of cars already parked around the area.

I hope that Sarah doens't notice the amount of cars - seeing as she'll be with Niall I doubt she will. I bite my lip hoping I'm not late – though I'm sure as long as I'm there before Sarah I couldn't be late.

Getting out of the car the cool air whips around me, pulling some pieces of hair from the rest. I near the large house and hear people arguing inside, knitting my eyebrows together I open the door to see Louis and Liam standing in the entrance holding balloons.

"No, we shouldn't set them up outside Louis, she'll see them." Liam is annoyed, I can tell by the wrinkles in his forehead that increase by the second. His bottom lip pouting with frustration.

"But the party needs to be decorated!" Louis shoots back in a whining voice. "Inside and out!" Liam and Louis both wear dress shirts and jeans, I'm thankful they dressed up somewhat for the party.

"Louis-" Liam begins to argue.

"Lads, come now, it's not appropriate to fight in front of a beautiful girl." I hear Charles voice from above. I see him walking down the stairs, dressed in a dark blue button up shirt and jeans. He gives me a charming smile, his eyes sweeping over me in my dress, I return a small smile and feel my face redden.

"Juliet, please tell Louis that the balloons can't go outside!" Liam begs me. I laugh at his exasperation and turn to Louis who looks like he is about to throw a fit – I still can't imagine this guy being a businessman.

"Louis you should wait until Sarah gets here we don't want her to get suspicious. But once she does then you can decorate out front. But for now you should set up the balloons in the back and around the house." I advise lightly. Louis sighs and nods,

"Alright, at least the back will be decorated – to the EXTREME!" He cheers as he rushes to the back yard. I laugh as I turn to Liam who is shaking his head. Liam embraces me in a quick hug and a heavy sigh.

"I've been dealing with him all day."

"All day? You've been decorating all day?" I feel guilt as I should have been the one decorating. I pull away and examine the tired look on Liam. I figure Louis and him have been butting heads about the decorations from the look of it.

"Well we've mostly been picking up decorations and such, Niall insisted on making it easier for you since you'd be coming home from your trip and all." Liam explains.

"How nice." Sarah and Niall, what a team. Sarah sets up these expectations for me and Niall comes to my aid to help achieve them.

"Nice indeed." Charles is next to us now watching me. I advert my eyes to Liam who gives Charles a small smile.

"So how about we start setting up some streamers on the stair railings, in the kitchen, and outside." I suggest taking a step away from the two.

"Sounds great, can I help?" I hear Harry as he walks into the room. I smile at him as he gives me a charming smile. I haven't really talked to him since Zayn's house when we played hide-and-go-seek. There was the party where he tried to keep me from seeing Zayn in his drunken state but that didn't really count.

I feel comfort in seeing him as himself. It was strange to see him so... to himself that day of hide-and-go-seek. Finding out from Sarah he liked me too was a little hard – I wasn't sure how to act around him right now.

"Sure." I give a warm smile. "Where are the streamers?" I ask Liam.

"They're in the kitchen." He tilts his head to the kitchen to indicate the room, I follow behind him into the kitchen. I find the light pink and purple streamers on the counter and begin to laugh.

"What?" Charles asks as he rests against a counter. All the boys have a puzzled look on their face as I'm laughing.

"I just... I can't wait to see your frat house covered in these colors." I laugh holding up the pink and purple streamers. Charles rolls his eyes and Harry joins in my laughter.

"Shit we didn't think about that part." Harry laughs. "Niall said girly colors Sarah would like so we picked those out." Harry covers his mouth from laughing.

"Here." I toss a few rolls to all the boys. "Let's get started, we only have an hour." I remind them. Charles and Liam leave the kitchen in separate directions leaving Harry and I.

"I'll help you." He says before I can think of something to say. I don't object to his offer, I take a few rolls and walk to the backyard. In the backyard there are boys setting up lights in the yard, tables, drinks, music. I smile at the effort all the boys are putting in to help Niall and I out – mostly Niall. Who would ever say no to Niall?

I walk to the balcony and begin wrapping the streamers around the columns of the banister. I hear Harry sit down next to me and begin wrapping the streamers around the columns too.

"So how have you been?" I ask lightly, staring at the streamers so I don't have to look at him.

"Pretty good, Niall's been pretty stressed running this little birthday thing." Harry sighs. I frown, that shouldn't have been Niall's stress it should have been mine. Feeling guilty I quickly change the subject.

"So how was your week?" I wrap the streamer around the column, making sure it's evenly placed.

"Good, I caught up with Lindsay the other day. Saw her on campus... How was the trip back home?" I finish my column and move to the next one on the other side of Harry. He has gotten a haircut – more of a trim, his hair is healthy looking and slightly shorter than I remember.

"It was nice." I lick my lips focusing on the streamers again. "I missed Boulder though, I'm glad to be back."

"Well only because I'm here right?" He jokes lightly, I feel grateful for his joke because it releases the awkward tension I had felt the entire time.

"Of course." I laugh back to him. "And you must have been miserable without me here. I bet you couldn't even get out of bed." I stick my tongue out at him as he laughs.

"You know me too well Jules." He laughs. "We should go hang out again, soon." He smiles over at me. Hang out or go on a date is the question. I wonder if Harry knows about Zayn and I, I doubt it seeing as I don't even know what we are.

"We should." I nod, there's no reason Harry and I can't hang out. Even if Zayn and I were in a relationship I should be allowed to have guy friends still. Harry was harmless.

"We should go play laser tag." Harry offers. "I'd kick your ass at it." His face breaking into a confident and playful smile.

"Hey." I laugh tossing my streamer roll at him. It bounces off to the ground with ease. "You have no idea if I'm good at that or not." I wasn't, I had never played to be honest. Though people in movies or TV shows always seemed to enjoy it - it looked simple. Point and shoot the laser gun at people.

"Hmmm. Let me see." He taps his chin as if in deep in thought. "Jules, the little small town girl – good at shooting people with a laser gun? Doubt it." He sticks his tongue out at me as he begins wrapping another column with his streamer.

"I guess we'll just have to find out." I shoot back at him with a challenging look that doesn't last long for a smile breaks through.

"Jules can I put some balloons on the balcony?" I hear Louis ask behind me. I turn to him as he still has a handful of balloons in his hand.

"Yeah just tie them to the banister in equal spacing so it doesn't look weird." I feel weird ordering Louis around but he nods and begins tying them to the balcony.

"Hey Lou, Jules thinks she can beat me in laser tag." Harry smiles up at Louis who bursts into laughter. I open my mouth in surprise at his reaction but can't help but smile at Louis laughter.

"You're joking!" Louis looks to me with a smile. "Jules, love-" the way he says love doesn't compare to the way Zayn calls me it, there's not chills through my body, no blood rushing to my cheeks and my heart hammering. I wonder where Zayn is, now that I think about it. "Harry would destroy you, but not as badly as I would." Louis announces with pride.

"Oh shut up Louis, I could take you down in a second." Harry challenges with a smile as he stands up from the ground. I continue wrapping streamers around the bannister as I smile at their conversation.

Boys - always fighting for the top spot and to be the best. Even when it's about laser tag. I laugh quietly at the realization they were arguing about laser tag and who would beat who.

"Well we'll just have to see. When are we going to play laser tag?" Louis asks. I stand up from wrapping streamers and take in Harry's upset face that he quickly hides.

"Er-well..." I can tell he didn't want Louis to come along on our hang out – but why not it was a simple hang out. I hope Harry didn't think we would make a date of it. I see his cheeks begin to redden and feel a pit in my stomach.

Of course he thought we'd make a date of it. The boy liked me and I had agreed to go out with him. It wasn't though - it was a harmless hang out between friends.

"Louis you should bring Eleanor when we go, we haven't planned a time yet." I curse myself in my head. Damn it, I just made it seem like a double date – it was better than just Harry and I. Wasn't it? I look to Harry's face and he's smiling in a way that makes me worry about inviting Eleanor and Louis.

This was sending mixed signals to him - I knew it. I would be just as confused if Zayn had done this to me. I would be happy, but completely confused. I didn't have the heart to clarify it wasn't a date, I am hoping he doesn't think it is.

"Alright..." Louis glances between Harry and I, his friendliness to the subject is vanishing. I wonder what he thinks about what I just said, I wonder if he'll tell Zayn, I wonder how Zayn will react... I wonder where Zayn is.

Looking around the backyard to see that most of the decorating is complete, I clear my throat and sway my arms by my side. I soon clasp them in front of me and take a deep breath, trying to act casual.

"Hey Louis, where's Zayn?" I ask, hoping to change him from his confusion and suspicion. He glances at Harry and I one last time before answering.

"I think he's in his room? I'm not too sure." Louis admits. I purse my lips, I had hoped that he would be coming to find me the second he heard I was in the house. I let out a light breath and examine the backyard again.

The sun is setting and I know it's nearing 7:30 meaning that Sarah and Niall will be here soon along with the millions of guests the boys invited. I wonder who they invited, I wonder if they were people Sarah knew... Who cares, Sarah would love meeting new people - even at her own birthday party.

"Things are looking good... I'm going to go to my car..." I trail off, the two boys know it's a lie. Louis is giving me a cheeky smile and Harry's lips are in a tight line. I ignore Harry's look and walk past them and upstairs to his room.

I consider knocking on the door but instead I open it quietly. It's silent in the room, he's nowhere to be found. Disappointment runs through my body as I step into his room. I take a deep breath and smell his cologne that lingers in the air. I look around the room that I love. I spot new drawings on his desk and look at them.

There are drawings of that are similar to the ones I've seen before, like the first night I was here. A beautiful girl, the detail elegantly done brings her to life. I feel myself getting jealous, who was this girl that he kept drawing? Perhaps it was just a girl he always drew for no reason – but the drawings always seemed to resemble the same person.

I stare at the details of her face. She has a larger nose but big eyes that are beautiful. Her face is slightly heart shaped and her lips are thin but perfect. She has a high forehead. Her hair is detailed as long locks that end by her chest.

There's no color to the drawing, just a sketch of pencil and pen. I have never seen this girl – maybe it was Zayn's sister? She didn't look like him but it could always be a possibility.

I gasp, dropping the drawing to the table, when I feel an arm wrap around my body and a hard chest against my back. My skin is instantly ignited and my core growing warm from his large hand on my stomach holding me to him.

"What are you doing in my room?" I smile at the words he first spoke to me the night we met. His voice is music to my ears, his accent and low seductive voice I missed since I've been gone. Talking on the phone wasn't the same as hearing him – having him right here.

"Looking for you." I smile even though he can't see it. My eyes roll to the back of my head as I feel his lips against my neck. They're lightly brushing down my neck to my bare shoulders.

"You look so fucking sexy wearing this dress." He mumbles against my shoulder. "It's quite short compared to other things you wear." He adds as his hand slides up my thigh. I note his comment – things not to wear when alone with Zayn, especially when studying, not that I would wear a dress to study. I feel his grip tighten, clenching me to him. I turn around in his grip so I'm facing him now.

I stare at his face, all his glory and beauty. His caramel eyes are full of lust but they watch me carefully as a small smile grows on my face.

"I came home." I mumble, resting a light hand on his chest. He wears a white V-neck shirt and his dark jeans.

"You did." I see a small smile on his lips, his lust disappearing slowly. "How was your visit?" I shake my head, knowing what he really wants to ask.

"I didn't see him again." I confirm lightly. Zayn doesn't say anything as he holds me to him. I look up at him and want him to kiss me, I want his lips on mine, to forget about the week at home – the life I used to live. He knows what I'm thinking because I feel on of his hands slide along my neck to cup the back of it and pull me towards him. I don't resist as his lips claim mine.

Fire, electricity, burning passion ignites. Not kissing him for a week left me yearning for more. Every passing day the craving increased. His lips are hungry and I imagine mine are as well. I feel his hands travel down pass my hips and I feel him lift me with ease.

I wrap my legs around him tightly. I've never kissed someone like this, but the passion running through me is controlling my actions. I feel his large hand run up my bare leg until he cups my butt and I smile against his lips as he lets out a soft growl. He turns and walks until I feel the bed underneath me.

We can never simply kiss – only when it's a quick peck goodnight but that's still pushing it. There's always a want for more, a need - a desire for more. I run my hands over his chest and lightly rake my fingernails down his back, earning a low moan from him. He pushes me down into the bed, his pelvis against mine.

I feel my core hot and my heart hammering away in my chest as I slip my hands under his shirt to feel his firm stomach. His lips break from mine and begin devouring my neck, I feel his teeth graze against the skin and I let out a light gasp as his hands roam my body.

"I wish you could've came home last night." I hear him groan against my skin. I can't even imagine what last night would have been like if I had come back. My brain doesn't work when I'm kissing Zayn - to be honest my brain hasn't worked at all since meeting Zayn. Though my conscious that tells me to stop before it's too late is silent during his kisses.

My hands trail up his chest and I run my fingers through his hair, pulling his head closer to my neck. I feel his hand over my dress and let out a soft moan. Matt has never touched me no one has. The feeling excites me and causes my body to set fire.

"Zayn?" We are torn from the moment from the knocking on the door. "Zayn are you in there?" Zayn quickly climbs off of me with his face twisted in anger. He walks to the door and swings it open revealing Charles.

Charles leans against the frame of the door casually and smiles between Zayn and I. I see in his eyes he knows what was going on, I look down at my hands and get off the bed, my face flushing with blood.

"What do you want?" Zayn spits at Charles. I'm surprised by the cruel tone Zayn uses towards him. I raise my eyes to see Charles looking at Zayn now.

"Tom brought the cake back, we need to start getting everything ready for people showing up. A few have already showed up... including Erica." Charles raises an eyebrow towards Zayn.

I see Zayn stiffen at the name and I feel a twisting feeling in my stomach. Another secret? Another girl? Something else to be thrown in the way of us moving forward.

"We'll be down in a second." Zayn growls at Charles who flashes me a quick smiles before Zayn slams the door shut.

Zayn is worked up – I can tell by his raised shoulders and balled up fists. I walk over to him slowly and touch his back. I feel his muscles slowly release under my hand as he turns to meet my eyes.

"We should head down." I breathe lightly. Zayn nods and opens the door again. Charles is gone and I can hear people filing into the house. Girls laughing and screaming as they see each other, guys cheering and howling when they meet up.

Zayn doesn't take my hand or look at me as we exit his room – he's deep in thought and anger. People were rushing in, masses of them as I pause at the top of the stairs. Zayn walks down them, force pressing into each step he takes.

I look among the faces, searching for something - for someone. The way he reacted to her name, there was something he wasn't telling me, there was something I was going to find out...

The only question running through my mind.

Who is Erica?

_____________

please vote :)

(A/N: Juliet's party dress to the side! And oh shoot dang, who do you think Erica is? Who do you think the drawing is of?!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

814K 23.9K 51
Nicolette Smalls and Liam Payne are what some may call losers. People with more popularity such as Zayn, Harry, Louis, Niall, Perrie, and Eleanor all...
46K 771 20
A collection of Dragon Age oneshots. Discontinued until further notice. You can also find me on Tumblr and Ao3, under the same name. Have a beautif...
576K 6K 56
'@harrystyles started following you' '@harrystyles commented on your photo' '@harrystyles sent you a private message' this is a mix of an instagram/t...
758K 15.6K 39
"Go away." I murmured. "What was that?" he mocked. Staring deep into my eyes, he took another step closer. "W-what are you doing?" I stuttered, I wa...