Beyond the Boundaries (Comple...

By LoveRed25

Thanks for showing so much love my dear readers! To both Beyond the boundaries and its sequel The Summer We C... More

Author's note
Prologue
Chapter- 1 Broken
Chapter- 2 Realizations
Chapter- 3 Decisions
Memories (1)
Chapter- 5 Farewell
Memories (2)
Apologies
The Frozen Heart Teaser chapter
Thank You!
Sinfully, Yours
Announcement!
Announcement!
Out Now!
The Summer We Changed (Chapter-1)
The Summer We Changed (Chapter-2)
The Summer We Changed (Chapter-3)
The Summer We Changed (Chapter-4)
The Summer We Changed (Chapter-5)
Author's Note!
Temptation: The Illusion (Book 1)
Avenge Marriage
Other Works!

Chapter- 4 Preping up

4.6K 149 3
By LoveRed25

"Here's your cappuccino, and chocolate doughnuts," Sydney handed me the brown paper bag,and slumped down on the couch.

"Thanks," I muttered.

"What are you doing, by the way?" She asked.

"Preping up,"

"For what?" She asked.

"Sid, I am moving to London you know that," I answered, taking a sip of my cappuccino.

"Oh yeah," She muttered gingerly.

"Sid?"

"Ella are you sure?I mean have you thought it out seriously?" She inquired.

"I am positive," I replied.

"Okay,so what is this?" She asked pointing with her chin at my notepad.

"This is a to-do list. Things I have to do," I answered.

"Like?"

"Like tickets,packing etc etc,"

"Aren't you hurrying up a bit too much?" She said frowning.

"Yes,I am. I want to hurry up Sid, you know that," I answered.

"But...its he who's wrong,not you. It ought to be that bastard who should be leaving instead of you," She insisted. I sighed.

"I want to leave sid. I want to go far away from here...somewhere were I won't see him again. I don't want to see him again. Never,I hate him" I replied. "Plus it's just not about him. I was thinking about pursuing my hair studies from somewhere else anyway,"

"Okay,but you can go to New York, live with Sierra. You won't see him then and Sierra will look after you," She said.

"No Sid, Si is married,she had a family, a job. I don't want to burden her. Please,she has a life of her own,plus I really want to be alone,to be self sufficient without anyone's help, I want a new life Sid," I answered.

"To your mother's?" She suggested.

"Sid,please," I cried, feeling irritated now.

"Okay sorry. So London it is?"

"Yes," I nodded.

"Where will you stay,there?" She asked.

"I don't know,I will find a place" I answered trying to sound confident. She stared at me and then stood up like a lightening.

"Will be back in a moment," She declared and headed out to the garden. I nodded and frowned. She's seriously weird.

I stared at my to do list. This is really a hasty decision, and honestly I am freaking scared. There are so many questions going in my mind.

Where will I live?
What will I do?
What will happen to me?
And my career?

I sighed. I will find a way. I just have to!

Sydney returned 15 minutes later,wearing  face splitting grin.

"What?" I asked.

"I have got a perfect place for you to stay in London," She cried jumping like a mad dog. I frowned at her.

"Wait what?" I asked.

"You remember Julian? Julian Davis?" She asked excited. I frowned.

"Julian who?".

"Oh God, Julian my cousin? We used to play together you know,when we were small!" She said looking expectantly at me.

"Oh,yeah...I remember a little. What about him?"

"He lives in London" She announced.

"So?".

"So? Are you mad? He lives in London, Camden to be exact. I have talked to him,he will help you out with everything. He promised me he will find an apartment for you, in Camden only. You will have no difficulty there,problem solved!" She clapped her hands like a small child with excitement.

I stared at her. Sid!

"No..I ...I can't, Sid. I hardly know him..I can't take his help. Thank you but I just can't," I muttered.

"Shut up,will you? You hardly know him...and that means you know him a little and knowing someone a little is much better than knowing no one at all in a distant land," She said,her voice brimming with the no nonsense tone. I stared at her. She has a point but...

"Look Ella, I can't risk you moving out yourself in a distant place on your own without anything planned at all. Trust me Julian is a very nice guy,you have no fear. You will find a friend just like me in him,and I will be stress free here that you're at least safe,and not wandering on the London bridge without a shelter in night. Please?" She pleaded. " You have done a lot according to your own choice, moving out all this,please just do this for me? Please?"

I stared at her. What have I done to deserve a friend like her?

"Okay," I said.

"Really?" She cried.

"Yes," I smiled.

"Oh Ella ,I love you!" She wrapped her arms around me.

"Me too," I whispered. We stood there for minutes like that before she finally released me.

"Okay,so you keep up with your stupid to-do list,whilst I will cook something,".

"I am really not hungry,you eat" I said,and quickly resented as I faced the freaking glaring face of my best friend.

"Just stop with your nonsense!" She growled "You haven't  eaten anything proper since that day. Have you looked at yourself? You look like a dead body out of the morgue. So pale,dark circles, red eyes,God you had not even brushed your hairs properly. Just stop it okay?".

I looked up at her from my notepad and could not help but giggle.

"Okay mom!" I said. She laughed and punched me playfully before retreating towards the kitchen.

-------&-------&-------

"This tastes good!" I said taking a mouthful of Sid's  chicken Caesar salad.

"That's because you haven't eaten for days," She answered. I scowled at her. Why always point the absolute?

"Ella" She suddenly said looking very serious."Ought not you need to inform Sierra?"

I stared at her. Shit,of course!.
Sierra is my sibling. Elder sister. 6 years elder to be exact. She's an exact opposite off mine.
Doesn't takes any shit from anyone, outspoken, extremely strong and tenacious. And above all she has the biggest heart. Sierra is more like my mother than my sister,and since I haven't ever seen my mother behave like a mother,she is the mother figure for me. I absolutely adore her. We used to live together here but two years back she moved to NYC for her job and then ended up getting married and settling there permanently. Although, she wanted me to move in with her in NYC,even my brother-in-law was in her favour  (Jason is the husband every girl dreams off!), I didn't wanted to interfere in her newly married life.

"Call her Ella," Sid pressed. I nodded.

"I will,later,don't wanna freak her out, " I muttered.

"Okay" she smiled. We both sat,beside the pool and watch the sun setting down. I have always love this place,but now I ought give up being attached to it too much.

"I will get going," Sydney said,peering out from the window of her car.

"Okay" I said.

"Goodnight"

"Goodnight". I waved as I watched her turn the corner. Then stepping in I bolted the door and headed straight to get a warm bath. I need this badly if I had slightest idea of falling asleep.

-----&-------
10:30 !Okay,so I fell asleep in the bathtub.

No big deal.

I quickly dried my hairs and put on my sleeping shorts and T-shirt. Grabbing a beer  I headed out to get a short walk of the garden. The summer breeze blew my wet hairs softly,making me feel sleepy and tired and slightly fuzzy. It suddenly hit me that I need to call Si (nickname for Sierra).

Big time.

Grabbing my phone,I settled out on the wooden swing that our dad has carved for us,and dialled her number. She instantly picked up at the second ring.

"Hey honey!" She answered enthusiastic as always. I smiled.
Her voice always soothes me,and for a moment I want to forget the big news I have to spill and just casually talk about the weather or the new dress I saw at Gracie's last week,but I knew that isn't possible. We need to talk. Now!.

"Hi" I muttered.

"What's wrong El?" She asked instantly, sounding very concern.

Now that's telepathy.....

"Si ,I need to tell you something," I whispered placing the next words in my mind.

"Tell me what?" She asked "Are you fine?".

"I am moving to London!" I blurted out.

Bingo!

"What?" She stammered.

"Yes," I whispered.

"But why? What happened??" She asked and I could feel her urgency.

"That's a long story," I muttered.

"Well I have around 11 hours till I leave for office,I think your tale ought to finish till then or I can call in sick" She said. I laughed. There's my sister!.

"Okay," I said and taking a deep breath,started pouring out my tragic tale.

"Oh baby," She said softly after I finished.

I wiped away the tears and took a sip of my beer to stop dry heaving.

"I want to do this Si ,and I can't do it without your acceptance, consent and support," I muttered. I heared her take a deep sigh.

"Ella,I have always treated you more like a daughter than a sister. Your well being is my first priority. Above everything. I have seen you grow up,and I know there must be some much much more important fact behind this decision of yours that only you can understand. So as much as I resent the idea of you being alone, I support and respect your decision honey. Go ahead,do what your heart says. I am always behind you Ella," Sierra said.

"Thank you,thank you a lot Si," I cried "Your support means a lot to me,"

"I am always with you sis, go ahead prove yourself" She said.

"Yes,I will,"

"Don't you want to inform mom?" She asked.

"I don't want to,you are more in touch with her than I am,if you want you can but don't ask me" I replied grimly.

"Ella,she love us. The way she shows it..its just a bit different" She insisted.

"Si please," I said.

"Okay,honey as you feel," She muttered.

"Thanks,".

"You should better go to bed now,"

"Yeah,I know. Goodnight Si " I muttered.

"Goodnight honey. Sleep well,".

I cut the call and closed the eyes,feeling the sweet summer breeze caress my face. Just one more night here,and I am off for a new start. I stared at the stars twinkling above.

What are you doing now Jacob?
Just one more night.....one more night and you will never see me again.

Never........

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

421K 15.6K 70
Coming out must be hard but only doing so because you can no longer hide your feelings for your bestfriend is unimaginable. A story about falling in...
90.8K 7.4K 79
[Featured by wattpad romance, teen fiction, young adult and psychologicalnovel] Joy Jones was a seventeen-year-old kind and optimistic girl working...
255 163 32
A seemingly ordinary and boring life. No one knows, who is going through what, until we delve deeper into it or when the person allows themselves to...
1.2K 137 30
"And as I hold my crying, broken girl in my arms at the doctors office, I realize the true meaning of unconditional love. There isn't anything that...