Mr Grumpy - DISCONTINUED AND...

By Im_Just_That_Awkward

*** THIS IS THE OG 'MR GRUMPY' HOWEVER I AM IN THE PROCESS OF RE-WRITING IT AS A NEW BOOK, THIS CAN BE FOUND... More

Chapter 1- My Car Broke Down
Chapter 2- Those Red Velvet Cupcakes
Chapter 3- The Noble Knight.
Note.
Chapter 4- Mr Pierce Gave Us A Quickie
Chapter 5- The Lone Stranger
Chapter 6- The Cave Has V.I.P's
Chapter 7- It's A Blushing Marathon
Chapter 8- Talk About Being Grumpy
Chapter 9- Baby's Can Erupt Into Volcanoes
Chapter 10- Too Many Awkward Silences
Chapter 11- Alex Fights The Beasts
Chapter 12- His Heavenly Hugs
Chapter 13- The Dog Days Are Not Over
Chapter 14- This Cat Has Some Sassy Pants
Chapter 15- Day 1: Majestical Taco's
Chapter 16- Day 2: Those Perfect Eyebrows
Chapter 17- Day 3: A Night As A Sinner
Chapter 18- Day 4: Deja Vu's And Drunk Conversations
Chapter 19- Day 5: Sunscreen Lotions.
Chapter 20- Day 6: Blank Faces On Fleek
Chapter 21- Rainbow Smiles
Chapter 22- Arrow In Bear Beer
Chapter 23- A Cheesy Moon
Chapter 24- The Devil's Dollhouse
Chapter 25- Pretty Pumpkins
Chapter 26- The Scare
Chapter 27- Frost Bites.
Chapter 28- White Silk And Lace
Chapter 29- Frothy Bubbles.
Chapter 31- Crybaby and Filthy
overdue author's note.
UPDATE

Chapter 30- Stubbed Toes

29K 1.3K 838
By Im_Just_That_Awkward

Hello unicorns all over the world, how was the last chapter? Because I thought the ending was hella cute.

FUDGE CAKES MY BABIES! I'm soo sorry I haven't updated in years! I feel soo ashamed of my lack of updating! My life has been unbelievably crazy! Everything has been all over the fudgen place! I don't even know what to say, the next chapter is nearly done as well. Please don't kill me my aliens!!! I hope you guys can all forgive me!

ALSO! We hit a million views!! I can't believe this! I just want to say thank you to all my beautiful viewers for encouraging my lazy ass to update and not give up on my cringy as fudge writing! Thank you so much my lovelies you have no idea flabbergasted I am right now! It's truly surreal!

Please don't forget to vote so you don't become a ghost, I'm really trying to build up the votes on this book.

Anyway, let's get this show on the road... Enjoy...

Anastasia's POV

The frothy bubbles went away slowly. Although the water was turning lukewarm, it still felt incredibly therapeutic to lie in. Even sighing allowed my body to relax, to released the tension. I rested my head against the edge of the tub as I dropped the loofah into the water.

Mr Grumpy had left me vanilla bean shampoo and cherry blossom body wash. No wonder I smelt absolutely amazing. Who would have known that he'd be so thoughtful? I giggled at the thought of him buying cherry blossom body wash. He was probably super confused as well.

I stretched my right arm to pick up the dark blue towel next to the tub. As carefully as I could, I pushed my body up to a standing position. A groan escaped me when I nearly slipped. My wet toes giggled on their own accord as I wrapped the towel around me.

I slowly got out of the tub without trying to hurt myself. After a few stressful moments, I did it! I did it guys! I squealed so loudly with a smile so broad on my face that it began to ache. My smile soon disappeared when the bathroom door abruptly slammed open causing me to scream.

"OH MY CAMELS! WHY DO YOU HAVE YOUR GUN OUT?!" I had screamed so loudly that my ears rang. I tightened my grip on the towel around me at the sight of him.

Mr Grumpy had this stoic look on his face with his black gun in front of him looking deadly and searching for any possible threats in the bathroom. I squeaked once his eyes landed on mine. My heart was pounding ferociously against my chest.

He groaned out loud and shoved his gun into the back of his pants. He then took slow calculated steps towards me and I could imagine how I looked to him. Wet, holding a towel, with my hair dripping down on my face. I was basically a drenched mouse.

"Gotta stop squealing like that in this house kid." He said softly but I heard it loud and clear especially when he was all up in my face.

Whenever he was in my sight, he always seemed to make me go speechless. He then turned around, much to my dismay, and walked out of the bathroom only to come back a minute later.

Gulping, I reached for the clothes handed to me before watching him watch me. He was being so thoughtful again. It was hard to not blush in his presence. I tightened my other hand around the towel as I held another pair of boxers and T-Shirt to my chest.

He growled. What the cow? Was this man a werewolf or something? Before I could even ask why he was growling like a weirdo,  he drops the F-bomb and walks out of the bathroom making sure to slam the door almost off its hinges.

My eyes widen when I replayed the word he said. Why the heck did he need to swear anyway? There was nothing in this bathroom to swear at. What a dumb bum. I giggled, imagine his face if I called him a dumb bum. He'd be so angry. Maybe glare and growl some more. Like a grumpy man.

After I got dressed, which by the way was quite a task, I grabbed the contraceptive box and walked through the unfamiliar hallways. When I say walked, I really meant limped. I looked like I had sprained both ankles and then asked someone to drive over my feet. After a few dead ends, I finally found Mr Grumpy in the kitchen.

The kitchen wasn't big or anything, but it looked really expensive, the appliances and granite counters all looked spectacular. My mother would have loved this kitchen. The kitchen was so clean that it looked like it had never been used before.

He didn't say anything at first. I was okay with that I guess. I wasn't expecting Mr Grumpy to have a full blown conversation with me. We were taking baby steps. He slid a tall glass of water across the counter. I gladly accepted it and read the instructions on the box before swallowing them down.

Once I felt refreshed, I sat there, on a white stool, quietly staring at him. The grey marbled island in front of me separated Mr Grumpy and I from each other. Behind Mr Grumpy, I saw a huge sleek stove and oven. The sink was on my left and the fridge on my right. Everything looked too mundane for a guy like him.

"Thank you." I bashfully said and slid the empty glass back. I rubbed my arm and felt the wetness on it. I twirled a lock of hair between my fingers and cringed. My hair was still damp and it swung against my arms each time I moved my head. I never liked having wet hair. I always felt like it would dry up yucky and make me sick.

"Hungry?" He asked with his back now to me and walked to the fridge. As if on cue, my stomach had begun to roar like a mighty lion staking it's claim. I blushed.

"Mhm yes." I hope he wasn't going to ask me to cook because I can't really cook but I can bake. I watched his hair shake under the sunlight and found it almost hypnotising. The colour of his hair once again reminding me of rich swirling seas of chocolates. The dark strands on his head looked so soft and silky, and from my past experience, I knew that it was indeed soft and silky.

For ten minutes I sat there with my eyes, almost creepily, on him while he began to cook something. It was magnificent to watch. He moved elegantly around the kitchen picking his ingredients as if he was dancing to music I couldn't hear. His body was so fluent when he turned around to grab the box of frozen berries. What was he making?

I sighed and leant my head against my hand with my elbows placed firmly on the island. He was so dreamy that it was unreal. While I was staring at him I didn't realise that he turned around to watch me watch him. I froze. Then I covered my face trying to muffle the groan.

After what felt like an eternity, I uncovered my face to see that he was still looking at me with a smirk. Mr Grumpy was smirking? Woah! His teeth wasn't on show or anything but oh my gosh. This man was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. His smirk or rather a half smirk looked so gorgeous on him. If I was correct, I could see a faint dimple indented on his right cheek. He looked so freaking attractive. I've never stared so hard at someone until I met him. Oh how I wished I had my camera.

He then wiped his hands with the cloth on his shoulder, "You know you can take a picture, right? It lasts longer."

I nearly choked in mortification at his comment. Did he really say that? My eyes widened like an owl. Before I could even stop myself I blurted, "I know, I have many of you."

He raised his brows at me as he picked up a whisk from the draws. I then began to stutter, "Um, I m-mean yes but not l-like in a creepy way. Agh, oh my gumdrops." Again, my hand was covering my face in embarrassment.

Aghr I'm such an embarrassment to the world.

He didn't add any further comments. As usual, he quietly continued on making this mysterious meal. What on earth is he making?

Three minutes later, he brought two, obviously expensive, oval plates towards me. My eyes nearly bulged out of it's sockets as they greedily eyed whatever masterpiece he made for us.

"What-" I paused momentarily to stare at the presentation of the breakfast he created, "did you make?"

He didn't look me in the eyes. I quietly trailed my hands towards the knife and fork that laid next to the plate. "It's French toast kid."

I nearly spat out my lungs into his face.

"French toast?" I repeated indefinitely.

He nodded.

Where on Earth did he learn how to make this French toast? From looking at it, I could see two thick slices of brioche French toast, two perfectly fried bananas lying on the toast with some type of sauce drizzled across it, an array of berries scattered beautifully around the white plate, and some type of cream on the side.

Holy cow!

"Give me your phone!" I snapped at him unknowingly. He raised a brow at me in disbelief. I went shy and then corrected myself, "Could I please use your phone?"

He then took out his gigantic white phone and slid it across to me. My small hands awkwardly held the iPhone and when I pressed the home button, his lock screen was a picture of this massive dog.

"Um who's that?" I softly said as I tilted the screen in his directions. His eyes wandered down do the screen before reaching back to me.

His stare intense as said, "that's Tiny, my dog."

My eyes bulged out for the second time as I came to a realisation of who the dog was. He was the one who chased me and made me trip into that pond. He looked even bigger than the last time I saw him. Woah.

I guess my face said it all because he didn't comment any further on the topic. I grumbled some incoherent words before swiping to the camera icon. I then angled the phone to get the best lightning and angle before I captured a photo of the breakfast he made.

Sliding back his phone, I said, "This French toast looks freaking amazing Mr Grumpy."

He nodded as he scratched the back of his neck. I beamed at him and twirled the fork between my fingers for a bit before digging into the meal. It was amazing! I let out an embarrassingly loud moan once I tasted it, the flavours went so well and it was cooked so perfectly.

My cheeks heated up as I saw Mr Grumpy pause his eating to watch me. I gulped and quietly tried to eat my food. After a few moments, he resumed his eating and all you could hear were the clacking of our forks hitting the plate.

"Um, Mr Grumpy?" I asked in order to get his attention, and I did. "Where are we?"

He rolled the fork in between his pointer finger and thumb watching me. "One of my safe house."

I noticed that he said one of his safe house. "One of?"

He cleared his throats and glared at me for a second before his glare disappeared. "Yes. I have seven safe houses."

My eyes nearly bulged out of its sockets. I felt so flabbergasted that I couldn't form any words. Mr Grumpy was only 18 and yet he had seven houses that he owned. That's ridiculous. How the heck could he even afford that? I can't even afford to pay my own phone. I mean I know he's a good fighter, but is he really that good to get paid like that? Second of all, why the heck does he need seven safe houses?

Before I could even question about this topic he spoke up, "I called your parents kid. Told them the situation and said that you're safer with me. They agreed and you'll go back tomorrow."

I dropped my fork as I listened to what he said. "Um, do they know about the.. thing?"

His fist automatically clenched tighter and I winced. He obviously noticed my reaction because not even a second later I saw an unknown emotion that stretched in his eyes. Could it be hurt? No. Mr Grumpy never shows his emotions.

"Yes. Enough talk kid. Eat up." He grumbled before he stepped back with his empty plate in his hand. I silently picked up my fork and ate while I watched him rinse his plate and walk out the kitchen.

I tried not to be disappointed, I really did, but it was so hard. Once I was finished with my plate, I pushed it in front of me and stared blankly at the stove in front of me. Resting my elbows on the table allowed me to lay my head on my hands. I sighed.

Suddenly my eyes started to water as I thought about what Nox had done to me. I just couldn't get over it, I couldn't process that it had actually happened. My innocence had literally been stolen by a guy I didn't know and I wasn't able to do anything about it. I was drugged and raped.

* * * *

I didn't know where Mr Grumpy went, and truthfully I wasn't too bothered to figure it out . I had ventured around the house and it was very beautiful, although there was no homey feel to it. There were no pictures or anything that signified someone lived here.

After a while I came across a stark white room that was completely bare except for the huge lovers chair sitting in the middle of the room. I noticed how small the windows were on the house and how the curtains almost protected my eyes from what's outside.

I cautiously walked across the floor as if it contained a bomb. After moments of me shutting my eyes and imagining my death, I stubbed my pink toe against the leg of the chair.

I don't know about other people, but stubbing your pinkie toe against the edge of the furniture has got to be one of the worst moments in your life. It's like the pain just ignites into flaming terrors. So like any sane person would do, I screamed.

Really really loud. Like loud. I'm pretty sure if Mr Grumpy had closer neighbours they'd think he has a whale for a pet. I probably screamed way to loud for even myself to hear because suddenly I see Mr Grumpy in my sight with the a different gun pointed around the room.

"What the hell kid?!" Mr Grumpy snarls and tucks his gun into his gun strap thingy, I honestly don't know what it's called. He was so stealthy and agile because I never heard him entering.

I sheepishly stared at him before walking around the chair to sit on it. I hadn't replied yet so Mr Grumpy walked around to face me, his eyebrows furrowed together in confusion, his eyes were narrowed into slits and his full plump lips were set in a straight line. He was not a happy chappy at all.

"Um," I paused and brought my legs onto the free space on the chair. Damn why was there so much space? Well it is a lovers chair so...

"I kinda stubbed my toe." I muttered and tried not to stare at his face as he began to glare at me.

"Really?" He groaned out loud and kneeled before me. I felt the nervous gorillas in my stomach bumping into each other as he brought his muscular arms onto the arms of the chair. I pushed my back further into the cushioned seat because I literally felt like I was about to attack him.

My mouth gaped. "Hey! Stubbing your toe is excruciatingly sore."

"Sure it is kid." He groaned and leant closer to me, naturally I clenched both hands to keep myself from touching him. He smelt amazing. So manly and so surreal.

"Um." I let out an incoherent sound that made his brow arch. "What? Um, what are you doing Mr Grumpy?"

He didn't reply as usual, his hands slowly left the arms of the chair and glides over the fabric till it reached my bare knees. My body jolted at the heat of his hands. It was like my eyes doubled in sizes, because I couldn't understand what was happening.

I let out a sigh as he began to rub random patterns just above my knee. My fingers felt as if it was about to fall off as I unclenched and clenched harder. My breathing pattern increased as he lifted his head to stare at me with those soulful eyes.

He made me so nervous!

I didn't get time to react when his hands suddenly opened flatly and then gripped my thighs. I let out a squeak as he pulled me towards him. Automatically, my hands fell onto his shoulder and he was literally in between my  legs. I was practically fangirling.

I took time in staring at his nose ring as he flared his nostrils. The ink that littered his neck and the side of his head looked more prominent in the stark white room. He looked like he was from a photo shoot. Unreal! Photoshopped even! I blushed as I felt his hands creep up towards my hips clutching them tightly to prevent any movement.

I swallowed hard. My heart was nearly in my throats and I could feel it pumping at a ferocious speed. "Um, Mr Grumpy what are you doing?"

All I got was a hush from him. I furrowed my brows in confusion as I gazed down at him. Oh my god! What should I do? What is going to happen? Oh my camel humps!

For some strange reason, my eyes landed gently on the perfect plump arched lips that laid below his nose. His face was almost symmetrical besides a few scars here and there. I slowly moved my left hand to the side of his cheek. The contrast between my soft skin and his rougher more stubble cheek made me shiver.

I felt like doing cartwheels. But then I'd probably break my ankles and my hands, and probably my back too.

I lifted my gaze to his eyes.

I don't know what or how it happened, but as he was about to lean forward, I let out a startled shriek, pulled my knees towards me and kneed him in the face. Hard.

When he laid on the ground cussing some colourful words that shouldn't ever be repeated I couldn't help but laugh. Like my belly was on fire. It was hilarious. I wiped the tears on my cheeks and coughed profusely. But once I saw him rubbing his chin in pain, I immediately rushed to his side feeling awful about laughing at him.

I guiltily ran my hand gently over his aching chin. His eyes shut tightly as my fingers danced across his skin. "I'm so sorry!!"

He didn't reply and I could practically feel the guilt coiling around my belly. What if I killed him? Oh my god!

"Mr Grumpy! Oh my lava bird! Mr Grumpy!! Please don't die!" I choked out as I frantically rubbed my hands over his chest. I was panicking now.

He was replying.

I couldn't believe it. I actually killed Mr Grumpy! I felt tears pool in my eyes at the thought of never seeing him ever again. How dull my life would have been without him. I wouldn't be able to make him glare and say weird thoughtful things ever again! I'm such a meanie!

"Mr Grumpy!" I cried out and started slapping my palms on his chest in hopes of waking him up. Then like magic, his eyes opened wide and glared straight at me.

My lips coiled up into the biggest smile I could ever make and my heart nearly stopped once I could see his beautiful eyes. I let out the loudest shriek of relief and fell on top of him to curl my arms tightly around him.

At the beginning I felt his whole body tense up as if it was on body alert. His muscles scrunched up as if they were ready to fight me but then he gradually slumped back towards the ground and I shoved my head straight into the crook of his neck. I buried my nose underneath his chin and sighed.

"I'm so glad you're okay Mr Grumpy." I mumbled against his skin which caused Mr Grumpy to suck a deep breath in. He smelt like a dream.

I felt his head move forward slightly before he answered, "me too kid."

I stretched my hand open and glided them across the side of his extremely toned arms that laid next to his side tightly. "I'm sorry for kneeing you in the face Mr Grumpy."

I moved my head away from him to stare down at him and I realised with the way he was looking at me that we were in a very awkward position on the floor. Before I could even process what I was about to say, I stuttered out, "y-you always m-make me nervous."

I kissed my teeth as the nerves sprang at me when I saw his eyes were still glued to mine. I wanted to melt into his arm at the sight of his gorgeous face.

He leaned up and cupped the left side of my flaming cheeks. I nearly slapped him in the face but I tried my hardest not to show any reaction, which was super duper hard.

I could feel his the soft mint flavoured puffs across my cheeks. What on earth is happening to Mr Grumpy?

"Hmm really? That's funny since you always make me nervous."

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Hello, my golden chickens, how was this chapter? It was a bit of a filler chapter something to ease your hearts before stuff goes down.

NOTE: I will most likely be doing a Q&A very soon, and it would be amazing if everyone reading this book could send me questions to do with this book or even me. You can even direct your questions to a character. Just be sure to send them in. :)

QOTD: Which one do you like better Tea or Coffee? Why?

If you guys don't already know, it's TEA! Holy fudge cakes, Tea is legit one of the best things in my life rn, I just love it so much in fact I'm drinking it as I'm typing this! I feel as if I have an addiction because I'd die with out it. I just love the taste, the smell, everything. Yummmyy

Don't forget to

Vote

Comment

Follow

-Gigi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5M 310K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
68.2K 1.8K 52
She didn't know any better. Years of being raised by the evil entity that was once Henry Creel skewed her view of the world she once lived in. When Y...
1.7M 52.8K 72
One day you're happy, and the next, a freak accident exposes your boyfriend's dirty little secrets in the worst possible way. I lost the man I loved...
901 73 22
Hi everyone! First off this is my very first book ever to be posted on Wattpad. I have written other stories but never published them ANYWHERE. Pleas...