Chapter 21- Rainbow Smiles

Hey beautiful aliens, how was the last chapter??

Thank you my lovely little Aliens for all the votes and comments. You guys are really funny, and if you wanna have a chat with me go ahead.. :) I might reply late though, since time differences.

What do you think about Annie and Mr Grumpy's story so far?

Anyway lets get this party started....

Anastasia's POV

It was May, and I had a month and a half left until the summer break. I couldn't wait. All the tests and waking up early would soon be done. And then I could rest for like 2 months. Ahh I was really excited. I couldn't wait to read, play with Alex, hang with my friends and eat.

It's been a month since I've spoken to Mr Grumpy. It wasn't like I was avoiding him or anything, I just didn't know what to say. Plus he hasn't really been at school, and if he was, he was with Jasper somewhere away from us.

I still didn't tell anyone about the shoot out, Mr Grumpy's threat sill rang through my head.

Tell anyone and I'll kill you.

And I will definitely not be telling anyone, but of course Alex had to know. I mean I told Alex is everything.

Now don't go looking at me like I'm the one that's crazy.

So now Betsy replaced Jasper's seat in the cafeteria. Speaking of Betsy, I found out that she too liked Cam but was afraid of rejection. Silly billies.

Last week Betsy and I went to Mama Jones to discuss something about our photography project and then she spilled the beans. Her face went red when she realised that she had told me about her little crush.

Bethany has returned back to her normal self, thank goodness. This Friday we would be having our traditional sleepover, and I was really excited, last Friday she couldn't come.

It was last period and I had a free one, so I decided to head to the library and read a romance book.

My mouth threatened to release a squeal as I read that the main character's boyfriend had finally proposed to her. Awhh. I nearly giggled but stopped because Ms Davis's eyes kept landing on mine.

I was just about to turn the next page when a shadow landed on my book. I pouted and closed it hoping to read more later.

"Hi Reece." I grinned as I hugged him tightly, he smelt really good actually.

"Hey Annie, reading huh?" He sat down eyeing the book in my small hands.

"Yup," I placed the book carefully back into my bag. "It's a romance book. Really cute actually."

"Cute? No ways. It's all too sappy, and cliche, this is the real world." He chuckles loudly earning a harsh glare from Ms Davis. Reece gives her an apologetic gaze.

"Ms D is creepy. She just stands there in her corner glaring at us all. Like she doesn't even talk, she just glares. " He groans into his palms. After a second he lifted his head up tilting it a bit. "Hey, that reminds me of Adrian."

He had amusement written in his eyes as his lip quirked up a bit. My eyes widened momentarily as I heard Mr Grumpy's name. Immediately thoughts about the mysterious, deadly Mr Grumpy sprang to my head.

"Anna you okay?" He asked concern for me while he tapped his finger against the desk.

"Yeah." I mumbled absently still lost in thoughts.

"I haven't seen Jasper in a while actually, but I mean it is Soccer games soon." He says to himself picking at the edges of the table. I swatted his hands away.