The Heartbreaker #Wattys2017

By alisonswan94651

Highest Ranking #106 |15/03/18| "Under a pretty smile, there's always a secret." "In a world full of faces, I... More

A/N
Cast List
Ranking
A/N
Prologue
Chapter 1: Game On
Chapter 2: How to be a heartbreaker
Chapter 3: Pink hair & new starts
Chapter 4: Got a secret, can you keep it?
Chapter 5: Training lessons; Guns or books?
Chapter 6: Something Else
Chapter 7: Party disaster
Chapter 8: Friendship Goals
Chapter 9: Stay
Chapter 10: Running
Chapter 11: Meet & Greet
Chapter 12: Birthday Bash
Chapter 13: Learn To Let Go
Chapter 14: Player, Player; Liar, Liar
Chapter 15: History Repeating Itself
Chapter 16: Accident Happens
Chapter 17: Jealous or Mad?
Chapter 18: New Realizations & Races
Chapter 19: Falling In A Abyss
Chapter 20: Confessions, Stars & Kisses
Chapter 21: What The...!?
Chapter 22: Doubts & Interventions
Chapter 23: I'm Game If You Are
Chapter 24: Date gone south
Chapter 25: Someone I Used To Know
Chapter 26: Finally She's Here
Chapter 27: Family & Betrayal
Chapter 28: Beginning Of a Nightmare
Chapter 29: Something's Fishy
Chapter 31: Fifty Shades Of Paxton
Chapter 32: I'm Royally Fucked
Chapter 33: Keep Your Secret Safe
Chapter 34: She's All Mine
Chapter 35: Love Me, Love Me
Chapter 36: Surprise!
Chapter 37: Go To Prom With Me?
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter 2
Character Aesthetics
The Fiction Awards 2018

Chapter 30: Stolen Kisses

277 66 45
By alisonswan94651

Paxton's POV

I woke up with a start. What a weird dream...

I had a dream that I was kissing Chris, just like yesterday, and then my dream-self said I love him in prom. I didn't wake up there though; I woke up after I felt guilt and regret. Not satisfaction cause then he gave me a creeping smile and said he never loved me.

I felt my forehead and noticed that it's damp with sweat. I sat up, almost robotically, and headed to the shower. When I got out of the shower I put on my clothes and I felt my head started to clear.

What was the dream about? I'm sure, almost positive, Chris cared about me a lot more than I care about him.

I shook my head and decided to just get on with it; dwelling on this stupid dream won't do anything. I head out and decide I'll get to business. Wake up Chris and go to school together. Ever since Max got himself a girlfriend, he goes to school after driving her to her school. And Alex goes on her bike as she moved out and becomes nauseous seeing our kissing in the car.

So when I went downstairs and saw Penny and Chris talking, the surprise wasn't even the words to put it out. And it seemed like both were arguing.

I looked at Penny in wonder. A whole bunch of questions bounces around in my mind. Why is she still here? Why is she after Max? Why? Just why? Cause I know when I see her looking at Max it isn't even like let alone love as my twin claims. I coughed clearing my throat and they both looked at me the same time.

"Pax." She smiled at me. I grunted and didn't return the smile.

"Where is Max?" She asked sitting up on the couch.

"Where do you think?"

"Pax I-"

"Stop I'm asking the questions here," I said sternly and give her a glare. That shuts her up. I don't know why she always makes me mad.

"Why are you here?" I started giving a nod to Chris so he can start eating his breakfast which he was doing before the argument clearly.

"I-" She paused trying to think. "I wanted to see if you wanted to rethink what are you doing. You can still regain your dear sisterly act by accepting me, please. Please. It'll make Max happy."

"No, stop the act, I'm gonna ask you again, why are you here?"

She gave me a look and but didn't say anything back.

"Fine, you don't want to talk? Then I'll ask other questions."

I wanted to ask how she still has her naive acts, even though they are pretty childish at points, but I have one big question on my mind.

"Why are you after my brother?"

"Why do you think?" She asked biting her lip.

"I think you don't get attention from the people you want so you're after my brother. He gives you enough attention that he even didn't give me."

I thought a lot why she was still here. What she confessed about her mom that helped me create a decent reason. But I was still doubtful.

She looked at me again and didn't respond. So, I'm somewhat right. I stood up and started pacing the floor.

"I see the way you live." She finally said, breaking the silence.

"There's nothing there, everything's normal, why did you think that?" I started pacing again.

She laughed at my question but it lacked any humor. "Oh please, Pax, I used to be you. So I know you better than you think. But your brother changed me. And I'm seeing you changing too. If only you take the change positively-" She stopped and shrugged as Chris frowned. I'm not about to have a conversation about me being a player in front of him!

I dragged her to the kitchen and opened my mouth. "Look, I don't know what you're doing but if you hurt my bro-"

"Please just admit you are a player. Don't you think your boyfriend deserves to know? I wouldn't want Max to lie to me either. Nobody deserves that." Ah, what?

I thought she was going to defend herself but why she wants me to say that?

"You should tell him. Then let him decide if he wants you or not. Max accepted me even after knowing my past. I don't want someone to break your heart if they don't love you or can't accept you for who you are. You remember how that went last time." She didn't notice me looking at her in thought as she went on.

I know I shouldn't let her words get to me, but they do. I do remember how the last one went. I do remember how my heart was broken when I realized Wade was cheating on me. I shook my head and snapped back to reality.

"No Penny, the thing is how do you know what happened last time?" I asked coldly stepping back.

"Wait for me, Pax, please. Max told me last night. He was upset and I asked what's wrong so-" Something clicked in my head.

"You can stay the night here if you want." I could see at my answer she made a surprising squeak but calmed herself instantly.

"I do?″ She asked instead smiling somewhat.

"Yup. Why not? You clearly love my brother beyond imagination. So you're welcome to come here. Tell Max that and we're late. I gotta go. Bye Penny." With that, I walked out with Chris in tow.

But what I thought will not just be a thought anymore.

♡♡♡

Senior week pep rally was something I might've enjoyed but the assistant or the culprit I knew as the name of Wade Henderson made it quite the difficult thing to do. First, he avoided me like he has no idea who I'm in front of the teachers. It was fine by me. Really. The problem started when Mrs. Gst said we should separate into few groups and I was in Wade's group without Chris.

And the biggest problem was by some unfortunate fate Nick was in Chris's group and I didn't trust the guy. Other than that all the member of the group was girls. Another problem. The only reassuring thing was Kara who voluntary went to that group.

My group consists of 7 people if I forget Wade. I have Alex, Max, Myra, Cory and her two friends, Natalie & Ashley. All in all, it was a sign that it was Wade's idea to separate us up.

"Why would you do that?" I asked accusingly when Mrs. Gst took Chris and his group away.

"Who said it was my idea?″ Wade smirked like it's the most foolish thing he's ever heard.

"Jerk," I muttered trying to sidestep.

"Ms. Rivera you're creating problems in the group," Wade yelled causing me to jump. Mrs. Gst lifted an eyebrow where she was standing so I gave her a tight smile and stood between my friends and frenemies.

"What the hell is his problem?″ Alex asked pointing at Wade who was giving us a tour of the museum. Turned out we were still touring the museum even after Myra's argument.

"He's making sure I'm suffering." I glared at his head who is smirking I'm sure. Since he has made his face shown girls have become crazy trying to be in his group. Alas, they have just got a diabolical jerk.

"Forget the Hulk and enjoy your senior week," Myra mumbled.

Nodding at her I tried to enjoy the rest of the tour. Surprisingly he didn't say or made any crude remark between the tours. He even let me escape for an hour to be with Chris. When it was finished, I walked outside. Damn! The sunlight never felt these good before.

"I'm giving you a lift." I turned around to see Wade with his Porsche. Rolling my eyes I flipped him off. I had my own car and I had to take Chris too.

"That two face took your car." I stopped at his words. True to his words there was no sight of my car.

"Alex will give me a lift." I voiced out my thought and he laughed.

"Not gonna happen. She's busy with next day's planning with Kara and Myra." It was threatening to think how he knew all my friends.

"How about Max?″ I asked. Even if we weren't in a nice relationship right now, my twin will get me a damn lift right?

"Didn't you know? He went to take that lousy girlfriend of his. I just don't see why he's wasting time with her." Clenching my fist so I don't accidentally ruin his car, I took a seat in the car.

Good thing he didn't say anything on the way. When my house came to see I told him to stop.

"Thanks for the ride." With a sigh, I turned to walk.

"Wait!" He yelled jumping from the car and suddenly he was in front of me.

"Stay away from Chris. Please." He begged. Finally, I can see the person I fell in love with. But the person he was with is now gone.

"Why would I? He's my boyfriend, not you." I snapped. He had no right to tell me who I should be with.

"Because I still love you. I've let you have your fun with Chris now it's time for payback." He said hopefully.

I stared him down. I could strangle him.

"You're sick!" I yelled.

He suddenly turned me around and kissed me roughly. He did it so fast that I didn't even realize what's going on. When I finally realized I pushed him off me. He looked at me, hurt.

"Get out of here," I replied coldly. "If I see you here again, I'll shoot you myself and you know I won't hesitate."

"Really? Is this you talking or..." He trailed off giving me a knowing smirk. He knew...He still remembered. 

Suddenly my heart froze and my stomach pulsed thinking back to what I just got to know. I should have never trusted him with my secret. I should have never told him. 

"What? Cat got your tongue sweetheart? Or your other-"

"Stop!" The trembling of my hands increased as instead of slowing down, he started to cage me with the front door I had yet to open. A wave of nausea washed over me as I remembered what I told him in the past.

My most treasured secret.

"Pax...my beautiful Pax." He drawled out taking a lock of my hair, twirling it. "So...sweet, innocent, protective and yet so...cruel, vindictive, bitter...I don't know which side I love you more for."

I was internally crying to get away from him. He knew too much therefore he was a threat to me. He could destroy me in seconds if he wants. 

And, I can't let him do that.

"Go." First, it was a whisper but then I let out a scream. "Leave!" 

He stared at my eyes looking for the symptoms he knew he would find. When he was satisfied that I was completely devoted of any emotion, my eyes blank, my face still cold, the corner of his lips twitched up into a smirk.

"I could tell everyone, you know. Even Chris. Do you think he would still like you? After everything?" He shot back leaving me with no choice but to glare at him. What the hell he thinks of himself? 

Threatening me in front of my own house!

So I did what I always do. I played him. Giving him a smirk, as he was near my face almost touching my lips, I pecked him on the cheek. Immediately he froze and looked at me with a guarded look. He was right to be guarded cause I was going to break him brutally. Continuing with the little kisses, I heard a pained groan as trailed them until I was whispering into his ear brushing my tough in his earlobe, "I'd like to see you try Wade, but I'm pretty sure you didn't forget what would happen if you did. You wouldn't like me to start a new game with you now, would you?" 

He stepped back abruptly. 

His eyes widened a bit making me grin. He remembered. I could tell from his tense jaw and the little twitch on his arms. I just ticked him off. I let him remember, memorize every moment of why he thought I was bitter, vindictive...cruel. He opened his mouth to say something but thought better of it and walked out half-heartedly.

I breathed in and out when he finally left. That was exhausting and was going somewhere I'd rather not talk about. I opened the door and plopped down on the couch, trying to clear my head.

He can't tell anyone.

He won't. Would he?

"I see the way you look at him." A voice replayed from behind. Turning around I noticed it was Chris.

Shit! Did he saw the kiss? But his face says it all.

"You still love him." I froze.

"No, I don't." I pushed myself off the couch and bruised his lips with how hard I kissed him. Without wasting any time, he kissed me back with equal passion. Stumbling into the coach with him being on top, he gasped in surprise as I bit his lower lip, still continuing to erase everything just happened a little while ago.

There's nothing. At least that's what I want to believe. I want to believe that I actually feel nothing about Wade. But in reality, there's might be something.

And that's what I'm terrified of.

Unkown POV

##PaxtonBitch

We've found out in the senior week Paxton's ex-boyfriend has taken his goal to make Paxton fall for him again. So we've got our King and Queen Player, guys. So who do you think going to win? We'll update as we'll know more.

Until then-

XOXO.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

310K 10.6K 38
'I had guilt that ate me out from the inside and made me want to throw up. Guilt that started as a young child and continued to fester until I was do...
202K 12.2K 37
[totally unedited and my first time at writing so I hope you guys bear with the flaws and read if you are going to] "I don't know why, but I tend to...
878K 24.1K 24
#4| SS 140417 #93| TF 250717 WINNER OF BEST TEEN FICTION & BEST OVERALL STORY IN TFA2017 Get your own official published and edited version with some...
2.9K 1.2K 23
⭐ #1 in high school love story.⭐ ⭐COMPLETED⭐ 'Why are things getting against me?' 'Why am I with him every time I am in an embarrassing situation?' ...