Friend Of The Dead

By BL00DAndB0NES

"ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴀɪᴅ ɪ ᴋɪʟʟᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ - ʜᴀᴜɴᴛ ᴍᴇ, ᴛʜᴇɴ! ʙᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ - ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀɴʏ ꜰᴏʀᴍ - ᴅʀɪᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴍᴀᴅ! ᴏɴʟʏ ᴅᴏ ɴᴏᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ... More

Epigraph
Playlist
Prologue
The Arrival
The Confusing Mind part---1
The Confusing Mind Part---2
The Graveyard And Souls On The Way
The Forgotten Friend
More Pieces To The Puzzles
Edward Anthony Masen
Inside Her Head And Surprising Stranger
Theodore James Jacobson
The Cullen Clan
A Red-Head With Claws
Inside A Shocking Mind
New Information And Old Ones
Stranger Danger
La Push
The Legend Of The Quileutes
An Annoying Companion And A Terrifying One P. 1
An Annoying Companion And A Terrifying One p. 2
Screams Of Death
Cold Steel Eyes Of Death
Ghost-Less Ghost-Town
Deathful Graveyard
A Silent Companion
The Cullens Again
Truth Be Half Told
Rules Be Broken
Goodness Of A Ghost
Not Alone
Not Alone P. 2
A New Secret To Uncover
Old Companions P.1
Old Companions P.2
A Game
A Palace Of Dreams
A Kingdom Where Nobody Dies
Into The Light
knotted Threads
Scream-Full Mind
Upcoming Plan
Planning
Ceaseless Night-Terrors
Mission Half-Successful
Private Ward
Revelation
A False Promise
A Brush With Death
Do Not Go Gentle Into That Goodnight
Brittle And Broken
Ruination
An Exquisite Torture
Poisonous Snakes
Secrets Uncovered
A Rightful King In His Kingdom
Soft Rain
The Land Of Whispering Woods
Clockwork Figurines
Two Broken Pieces
Mind Over Enemy
Like Real People Do
Tears Out Of A Doll's Eyes
Greater Pain
Deeper Into The Web
The Silence Before The Storm
The Beginning Of The End
Tying Up Threads
The Death: 1
The Death: 2 (Love, Sophie.)
Aesthetics
Epigraph
Frankenstein's Monster
Merciless Death
Reacquainting With The Past
The Battles We Fight
Something Wicked
Lovers Be Lost
Death Shall Have No Dominion
Method To Madness
We'll Go No More a Roving
Let Me Be Damned

A Most Strange Conversation

11.9K 456 62
By BL00DAndB0NES

Unedited

I had to take a minute to think about what was happening just now. He was here, in my room. He talked to me, in a voice rich with mystery and an accent. He told me his name; Dorian, Dorian Densmore. Such a peculiar and old yet beautiful name it was. It suited him, the layers of mystery surrounding him went well with his name that added, even more, curiosity to him. He was a puzzle, and I was slowly receiving the pieces.

A nervous chill iced through my veins. It wasn't the fear of Charlie walking in and seeing him that frightened me, nor any other reason. It was just him. He made me nervous by just standing near me. I didn't feel like this in the bookstore, we didn't really talk; we were just in a comfortable silence. But now we were talking, and he was actually answering.

We took a silence upon us to ponder what he had told me.

"I'm not sure...I don't know really...it's hard to explain." He sounded confused. Just as confused as I was. Like he didn't know any better than I did. Why is that? He's not sure if he's dead?

I dropped the subject. He didn't look comfortable at all talking about this. My fear of him leaving once the questions overwhelmed him made me bite my tongue and swallow down my words. He stood rigid in his spot, his hand in his pant-pockets and his hair covering his eyes. It was hard to avoid looking into them when they shined so brightly in the dim-lit room.

"How did you get there?" I asked, "The other day...how did you know I was there?" I continued. He rubbed the back of his neck as he answered me.

"Uh...I really didn't know, I just felt another presence in the school and followed the energy." He looked into my eyes and looked dazed for a minute before he shook his head lightly and looked away.

"How did you make the ghost go away?"

"How about we play a game?" he said suddenly with a mischievous smile that did him well. I leaned back with a weary look.

"What kind of game?"

"It's like 20 questions, you get an answer for an answer." He said and I nodded my approval. Maybe I could get some answers out of him.

"You start," I said. He nodded and smiled.

"How can you see me right now?" he asked with a frown. I didn't know how to answer. He went straight into it, didn't sugarcoat it or start with simpler questions. He immediately dropped the bomb on me.

"I don't know, I've been able to ever since I can remember." He frowned at my half-truth answer but didn't say anything. He suspected that I wasn't fully honest with him, but he himself was not answering completely truthful.

"My turn, what did you mean when you said you felt another presence in the school?"

"It sort of hard to explain, but when more than one ghost is in the same territory...you sort of feel their presence, sort of like a tug in their direction." He explained. I noticed him still standing and I gestured for him to sit, and he took the armchair opposite me, sending a small smile in my direction that made my heart flutter.

"So you are a ghost?" I asked.

"Uh uh! My turn, for how long have you been able to see the dead?" this guy is not laying it easy on me.

"Almost ten years..."I mumbled and his eyes widened in surprise.

"Wow...that's a long time..."

"Yes, it is. Anyway, my turn, where are you from?" I finally asked. His accent was becoming clearer and clearer yet I couldn't tell where he was from. Though one thing for sure, he is not from Forks.

"Cornwall, UK." British. He's certainly far from home.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked with a shake of my head. He's British!

He regarded me confusedly before repeating his question.

"I asked if you lived in Forks all your life?" I shook my head at him. "No, not all my life...I moved away when I was little and came back about three months ago."

"For how long have you been a like this?" I asked him since it was my turn to question. I didn't say 'ghost' since neither he nor I were sure he is one.

The reaction to my question was predictable. He immediately tensed, his shoulders stiffening and his eyes dulling in their blue-grey colour. He bounced his knee as he answered.

"About---about a year and a half..." he mumbled. I hid my shock as it came crashing down on me. He had been a ghost for almost two years. It didn't shock me in a way that I thought it would. I thought I would be surprised by the amount of time, but looking over his previous answers, he seemed like a person who knew about his condition. He knew about ghosts, and what he was. But the shock that hit me was one of sadness, had he been alone all this time?

"That's a long time," I spoke his old words. He smiled at me as if he found the situation amusing.

"Yours is longer. But what I cannot understand, or comprehend, is why and how. Why is it that you can see me now, and I'm sure you can see all the others, and how?" he asked, leaning back in the chair and propping his elbow up on the arm, rubbing his thumb and middle finger together in a thoughtful way.

"I would tell you if I knew myself," I said as I stood up, taking my new books and placing them one by one on my bookshelf. I could feel his eyes piercing through my sides as I worked. I tried my best to ignore it, but damn...it was hard.

"Perhaps someone knows why? Perhaps there's someone who has an idea why..." He spoke with indifference in his voice, though I could detect a hint of something else.

"Well please, do call me up when you find him or her."

"Well he or she certainly won't be here, in this small town, it's almost impossible to find someone special here."

I turned around and straightened up, my eyes fixed on his and a blank mask on my face. Somehow I knew that he could see past my mask, and that scared me a little.

"You are in this small town, and you are a ghost. I am in this small town, and I can see ghosts. I think there is plenty of specialness already, we don't need more." Though I spoke the truth, it was a truth he wouldn't understand. He couldn't know about The Cullens or the Quileutes.

"Yes, there's plenty... not that anyone knows. Tell me...why was that girl after you?" I stiffened at his words.

"You should ask her...next time you see her,"

"And you cannot ask her yourself because?"

"Because negotiating with her is like demanding that a Madman becomes sane; impossible," I said with a frown as I busied myself with collecting my clothes and papers from the floor. I looked around, noticing my half-concealed canvas with a half-finished painting. I noticed his eyes flicker over to it, and I quickly crossed the road to fully conceal it from eyes. I did not like showing unfinished art to others.

"And?" he persisted.

"And...I have not seen her since the incident." He frowned at my answer and looked me over with confusion.

"You have not been able to see her? Why is that? I can feel her presence every now and then." It was my turn to be confused.

"What do you mean? She's not been around since that day."

He sat up and leaned his elbows on his knees, staring hard into my face.

"Have you been able to see any ghosts since that day, Sophie?" Even though tingles went through me just hearing him say my name in his accented voice, I did not answer. And he took my silence as an answer. He sat back in his chair, a thoughtful expression on his face. I could see the wheels turning in his head as he tried to make sense of the situation.

"And do you have any idea why you haven't seen them since that day?"

"No. After that day in the hallway, they just disappeared like they never existed in the first place...like it was all in my head." I spoke, a distant glaze in my eyes as I sat on the bed and twiddled with my thumbs, staring into space.

"Curious, very curious indeed." I had a sense of déjà vu at his words, though I don't think he noticed. He looked far away, his fingers stroking his chin and his eyes fixed onto the distance. He had a faraway look in his eyes, a twinkle of excitement shining in them. I think he likes mysteries, perhaps he likes solving them. Well, if he likes mysteries, then he will enjoy this case and this town, for it is nothing but mystery.

I stifled a yawn with my hand, I looked to the side to see it was around twelve-thirty a.m. I believe that it had been at least an hour we have been talking, yet none of us noticed. He suddenly snapped out of his daydream, looking at me with concern.

"I think you should sleep, I'm sorry for keeping you up."

I waved my hand in a dismissing matter. "I asked you to stay and you have nothing to apologize for. But I do think you're right...I should go to bed." I started getting under the covers, and he stood up ready to leave. I suddenly remembered.

"Wait!" he stopped blurring out, looking at me with puzzlement.

"I have one more question..."I said hesitantly. He nodded his head in a 'go ahead' manner. I bit my lower lip before voicing my thought.

" H-how come I can touch you?"

He smiled a little at this. "Perhaps you should figure that out on your own."

"Will you come back tomorrow?" I blurted out as he once again got ready to leave. He turned around and arched a perfect eyebrow at me, a smirk resting on his lips.

"Perhaps."

What's up lovely readers, how are you all doing? I must first apologize for not updating in such a long time, but as you see, school has started for me, and so and I have the first biggest exams of my life coming my way with so little time to study. So you can tell that I've been busy surviving the wilderness that is school.

Anyway, I am so glad you like Dorian and Sophie, and now we only need a ship name! I'll leave that one to you, comment if you have a good ship name. Anyway, how was the chapter? This continues off from where Dorian and Sophie cut off from their conversation. So tell me what you think of the chapter and tell me how it is and what you think about it. So, vote and comment and tell me what you think! Bye for now, I'll probably update soon if I don't die from suffocation under the pile of homework and studying I have.

Bl00DANDB0NES

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

567K 12.5K 69
🚫 [ Warning: Slow Updates ] 🚫 Angelina Swan was forced to live with her uncle Charlie and Renee after her parents died. The relationship grew unwo...
237K 5.2K 29
Becka Swan's life has been flipped upside down, she went from having the perfect boyfriend & the best of friends to everyone feuding again, The Culle...
93.5K 4.1K 84
☄︎ ⋆·˚ ⋆ *. ⇒ 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐅𝐓 ✧✧✧ "What did you see?" "I'm not sure" Alice replied, "do you know anyone c...
85.5K 1.6K 26
Meet Maddeline Swan and her older sister Isabella Swan. They were the best of friends, always getting hit on Bella protected her little sister at all...