In The Spotlight// Prince Har...

By -wonderland3

"If you find someone you love in your life, then hang on to that love."- Princess Diana. What they say doesn'... More

Summary.
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
10.15.14
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Royal Wedding Media Coverage 2014
Author's Note

Chapter Fifty-Two

12.3K 158 12
By -wonderland3

Rose decided to change out of the wedding dress and into a more comfortable one that Linda had designed as well. She couldn't be happier with how the dresses were designed and with how comfortable they felt. For her wedding reception dress she opted the lace sleeves and decided to have it be sleeveless. It was a mermaid style along with a beautiful jeweled belt wrapped around the middle.

Her light blonde hair was now down in soft curls. Her makeup artist had touched up her makeup but this time making sure to put a sparkle of gold on her lower lash line going into her inner corner making her blue grey eyes pop. Rose loved the way gold eyeshadow looked on her eyes and it had often become something that she did quite frequently.

"Thank you," she told her makeup artist as she bowed her head in response and left the room.

Harry stepped into the room and his face lit up as he saw his wife in her new dress. He loved the dress that she wore for their wedding but he also loved this one. He made his way over to her as her breathing hitch.

"My husband."

"My wife."

She giggled.

He brought her into a warm embrace letting them have their moment just the two of them. No interruptions. No people surrounding them. This moment was their's.

Harry was dressed differently than he was for their ceremony as well. Instead of wearing his military uniform, he was dressed in a black tuxedo with a bowtie and white dress shirt. He looked handsome.

"I can't wait to take this dress off of you," Harry stated as his hands trailed down her sides.

"You'll have to wait a few more hours. But just so you know, I can't wait either," she murmured in his ear as her hands trailed up and down his chest.

"Can't we be late?" He pleaded.

"I'm pretty sure they'll know what we were up to. Besides, you know you'll enjoy being able to relax with your friends and loved ones." She cupped his face with her hands as they looked into each other's eyes.

"Your right."

He pressed his lips onto hers in a sweet, tender kiss as his hands moved to the small of her back bringing her closer. He heard her sigh against his lips.

"Ready?" He asked her as his blue eyes sparkled.

"With you? Always."

She held onto his bicep with her small dainty left hand that held her engagement ring on it as it sparkled. Adrenaline was rushing through their veins as the excitement was bubbling from the day's events. They walked down the steps and to the double doors that held guards on each side. It led to the Throne Room, which was where the reception would take place.

"Congratulations to you both," Rose's body guard Sam told the happy couple.

"Thank you, Sam."

Harry gives his wife a kiss on his temple as they turn their attention back to the double doors.

"Now introducing the Duke and Duchess of Sussex."

Everyone clapped and cheered for the newlywed couple as they made their entrance with big smiles on their faces. Both of them glowing in happiness from the events that partook earlier that day. They were husband and wife.  Forever.

They made their rounds greeting guests and family members.

"Your dresses look stunning, Rose. Cherish her, Harry. You have a real beauty who is not only beautiful on the outside, but on the inside as well. Your granny and I couldn't be more proud of you," Prince Philip told the Duke and Duchess.

"Thank you granddad. It means a lot to me with how much you both approve of her." Harry told him.

"I really can't thank you enough for accepting me into the family from the beginning. You took me in as one of your own and I couldn't be more grateful to you for that."

"It's an honour, Rose. Just promise me that you'll keep being your sweet self."

"I promise."

Rose gave him a smile as he brought her in a for a hug.  Rose could hear cameras going off in the background as she closed her eyes letting it all sink in.  Prince Philip was like a grandpa to her as her own had passed away.  They always had a close relationship and he supported her in anything she did.  Harry just looks at his wife and granddad hugging and it made his heart swell with joy as he watched them.  He was thankful that his granddad always loved Rose.  

"You got yourself a great one, Harry.  Don't take her for granted." He told his grandson has they came apart from their hug.  

"Never," Harry vowed as he hugged his granddad.  

Rose and Harry were led to the table where they would sit at as his arm wrapped around her shoulders as they had been seated in their seats.  Harry pressed his lips against hers as her hand rested on his cheek.  

"I love you," she mumbled to him.  

"I love you."

Their dinner was put in front of them, which consisted of marinated South Uist salmon, fresh herb salad, organic lamb, spring vegetables, asparagus, potatoes, and sauce Windsor.  It was served with one of Harry and Rose's favorite wine that they often drank.  For dessert guests were able to have creme brulee, sherry trifle, and chocolate parfait.  

The chocolate parfait had to be Rose's favorite.  

As they had just finished eating their dinner, they could hear the clinking of a champagne glass around the room.  William stood up from his seat that he sat at with Kate and their son, George.  

"I just wanted to congratulate my brother, Harry and now sister-in-law Rose.  You embarrassed me at my wedding so now it's payback, Harry." William joked.  

"Shit," Harry mumbled causing Rose to giggle as she rested her hand on his thigh.  

  "I remember the first time Harry brought you to meet us.  He was in a bundle of nerves.  He was flittering about making sure everything was perfect." A few people let out 'aw's' in the crowd causing Rose to giggle and Harry's cheeks to blush from embarrassment.  "I couldn't be happier that you walked into Harry's life when you did.  You haven't only changed Harry's lives but ours as well.  You bring a certain light into all of our lives that helps brighten our day even more.  Kate and I wish you both the best and every ounce of happiness.  We love you both and welcome to the family, Rose."  

When William finished his speech everyone in the room clapped.  Harry and Rose stood up from their seats and made their way to hug him.  

"Thank you Will," Harry said as he hugged his older brother.  

"Thank you.  For everything," Rose murmured to her brother-in-law.  

Will squeezed Rose's shoulder in a way that showed he understood.  Just like Prince Philip, William and Kate had been the ones from the beginning to truly like Rose.  They liked her for her and Harry couldn't be more appreciative to them for that.  

Rose's attention was then turned to her little nephew's who had his head rested on his mum's shoulder looking at the newlyweds as Kate swayed him back and forth trying to keep him calm.  

"You did so good today, George." Rose told her nephew as she tickled his stomach making him smile.

"He did, didn't he?  He was so well behaved." Kate said with a smile as she held her son.  

The little boy reached out for his uncle wanting Harry to hold him.  Kate then handed George over to Harry as he held his nephew in his arms.  The newlywed couple then stayed at chat with William and Kate before Rose's eyes locked on someone she hadn't seen in years.  

"Harry?" Rose murmured to him.  

"Hm, yeah?"

"I want to introduce you to someone."

Harry could see a hint of nerves in her blue grey eyes as he saw who she meant.  

"Alright."

Harry handed George back to Kate as the couple then walked over to the couple sitting down at a table.  Harry's hand was placed on Rose's lower back for comfort.  She knew she didn't have any left over feelings for her ex-boyfriend, she was nervous because she hadn't seen him in years.  And now here he was with his wife.  The girl he left Rose for at the end of their senior year of high school.  

"Harry this is Josh. Josh this is my husband, Harry." Rose introduced her husband to her ex-boyfriend that she had her senior year of high school.

She tried to not bite on her lower lip out of nerves as she didn't want to mess up her lipstick.

"It's nice to meet you," Harry told Josh as he put his hand out as Josh shook his hand.  

"You as well, Prince Harry."  

Harry wasn't jealous of Josh.  He had no reason to be.  He wasn't jealous of the relationship that Josh had with Rose because in the end it led her to him.  

"Just call me Harry.  And you are?" Harry asked the brunette haired woman next to Josh.  

"Tiffany.  It's a pleasure to meet you.  It was a beautiful ceremony."

"Thank you and you as well.  Enjoy the rest of your night." 

Harry then directed his wife's attention in the other direction as he had a surprise for her that he had been keeping to himself for a while now.  He was surprised that she had not been able to see it.    

"I have a surprise for you," Harry murmured to his wife.

"What's that?" Rose asked.

Just then John Legend walked out on the stage that was set up for the singer. A gasp escaped Rose's lips as her gaze turned from John Legend to her husband.

"Will the bride and groom please make their way to the dance floor for their first dance?" John Legend said into the microphone with a smile on his face.  

He couldn't believe it when Prince Harry had gotten in touch with him to perform at their wedding.  He was touched and he couldn't pass up the opportunity.  

"Really?" She asked excitedly.

"Yeah. Can I have this dance?" He asked as he held his hand out for her to take and she did as she nodded her head as her cheeks heated up.

She wrapped her one arm around her husband's neck and took his left hand in hers as his right hand was placed at her low back and the music to All Of Me started playing as John Legend began.

"This is our song," Rose looked at Harry in awe.

"I wanted to do this for you," he murmured to his wife quietly.

Rose had been so busy with planning their wedding along with attending the engagements with him that he wanted to do something for her. The expression on her face was priceless and was well worth it. Harry quietly murmured the song in Rose's ear sending chills down her spine as she closed her eyes for a second taking all of this in.

"All of me loves all of you

love your curves and all your edges

all your perfect imperfections.

Give your all to me, I'll give my all to you.

Your my end and my beginning."

This was her new life with the love of her life. And even though there might be drama, lies spread, and gossip, she wouldn't trade any of this for the world because at the end of the day it lead her to Harry.

"I love you, Harry." Rose told her husband as she looked into his bright blue eyes.  

"I love you, Rose."

Harry spun her around the room bringing her back to him as she lightly giggled. He rested one hand on her hip and the other held her hand as they swayed back and forth. In that moment, it was just them. It was like everyone else had disappeared and they were looking into the eyes of each other that held all the love they could muster.

Blue grey to blue.

He was always there. From the moment they met each other their life was a roller coaster and it was only going up from there. Rose didn't know it then how much of an impact he made in her life, but she knew it now.

"Will the bride and groom please make their way to the cake to cut the first piece," the announcer said.  

Harry took Rose's hand, intertwining their fingers together.  They made their way through the tables of people and stopped right in front of the six tier layer cake.  It was beautiful and everything Rose wanted it to be.  

The cake was layered in beautiful white frosting that held edible pearls on the bottom of each layer.  In a trail from the bottom to top of baby roses in blush and white colors along with small white flowers. 

Harry was handed a large knife as his wife stood beside him.  He handed her the knife and held his hand on top of hers as they cut through to the first piece of cake.  Harry's other arm was wrapped around her waist as he then placed the piece of cake on a plate.

Rose took off a small piece of the cake, which was strawberry angel food cake flavor.  It was different, but it was Rose's favorite cake and Harry actually quite liked it.  She gave Harry a mischievous grin as Harry narrows his eyes wondering what his wife is up to.  

Before he knew it there was cake on his mouth, nose, lips, and chin.  His eyes widened as Rose now had a smirk on her face.  The guests who saw the display laughed and shook their heads watching the newlywed couple.  

"Oh you want to play that way now don't you, hm?" Harry asked her as he was smiling.  

Rose's eyes widened as she realized what was about to happen.  She tried to dodge him but he smashed it right on her mouth then put some frosting on the tip of her nose.  A laugh escaped her lips as Harry licked the frosting off her nose and he kissed her lips making the men hoot and holler at the couple.  

She stopped holding a grudge against her ex-boyfriend, Josh, from high school a long time ago. Life was too short to be anything but happy. As time healed all wounds, she was glad that she invited him to the wedding.

Through out the night, Rose talked with her family and loved ones.  Her and Chelsy along with Kate danced together as Harry and William watched them.  

When the night was over they walked out with a sparkler send off and Harry carried her bridal style into their home at Nottingham Cottage.  He was having quite a struggle opening the door and keeping a strong hold of his wife at the same time.  

"Let me," Rose told him as she laughed at his frustration.  

She opened the door with her one arm that wasn't latched around Harry's neck and as Harry carried her through the threshold, she locked it as she began peppering kisses down his neck making him groan.  

Harry patched her bruised heart up and put love in it. And although she still had moments where she would be insecure about herself, he would be right there by her side picking up the pieces. He was her lighthouse and she was his morning sun.

She could feel her husband walk as he led her to their bedroom and then carefully, set her down on the ground with ease as he began unbuttoning the buttons and then unzipped the zipper to the dress.

Rose felt the last button being unattached from her dress as it pooled around her. A cool breeze was hit against her skin as she looked up into her husband's eyes. They were finally alone. After a long day, it was peaceful. Rose took off her undergarments as Harry looked at her already discarded of his jacket, shirt, and pants. Leaving him only in his boxer briefs.

They were still in their place as they would leave the next day for Scotland. For right now it was only them.

He wraps his arms around her waist as he bends lower to press his lips to hers in a hungry kiss. Her arms wrapped around his neck as she felt his hands go lower to her backside as he lifted her up. Her legs wrapping around his waist as he walked backwards towards their bed that they shared together.

And maybe, just maybe, it was meant to be this way all along.

__________________________

One more official chapter left. x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

646K 12.7K 93
Prince Harry of Wales is engaged to marry a beautiful American actress. He loves her...or so he keeps telling himself. He's ready to marry. She's the...
60.8K 1.3K 16
In which Amelia has gotten too comfortable with her secret relationship and Michael has now given her the ultimatum either go public and engaged or b...
73.5K 2K 24
Christian was born into British royalty, but yet he felt like an outsider until his uncle, the Prince of Wales plans an arranged marriage to Jamila t...
64.5K 1.1K 23
Altermate re-telling of Charles and Diana's relationship. What if Charles really loved Diana? Will the outcome of their relationship be different? Or...