Treacherous Affairs [Scisaac]...

By BekkaChaos

The Sequel to Dangerous Liaisons. BoyxBoy. 2015 Watty Award Winner. This is a story that centres around Scisa... More

Authors Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-One

42.5K 838 540
By BekkaChaos

A/N: Alongside the story I'm going to be posting pictures of the new characters one by one, last chapter was Ethan and Aiden (who we all already know), this chapter is Daisy - let me know what you think just by the looks of her!

Those of you who added me on twitter will already recognise her - I'll post the next face with the next chapter, or even sooner on twitter! Add BekkaChaos ;p

                                                  ~ ~ ~

It was Friday morning and the school bell was due to ring in the next few minutes. Boyd walked briskly down the corridors until he saw that familiar small figure with the blonde braid and summer dress walking slowly to one side.

He sped up to meet her and matched her pace so that he could walk alongside her.

“Aren’t you worried that you might be seen?” She asked softly.

Boyd shrugged. “Not so much.” He said and Daisy’s lips twitched into a pinched smile. “Besides, I think Erica’s been able to smell you on me.”

“She’s the blonde, isn’t she?” Boyd nodded. “So what class do you have first?”

“Study hall.”

Daisy looked up with those big grey-blue eyes. “Me too.” She said, holding out her hand to him.

Boyd smiled and slipped his fingers into her petite grip, letting her drag him off and out onto the school grounds for the morning, the two of them finally setting up camp in the forest line by the lacrosse pitch.

“So, why do you always wear dresses like that? It’s not exactly the weather for it.” Boyd asked as they sat back on their elbows and watched the gym class being cruelly punished by the coach for one thing or another.

She looked over to him with a smile. “I never used to get the chance, so now I wear them because I can.” She said. “Besides, I don’t feel the cold as much anymore.”

Boyd nodded. “It’s nice isn’t it?”

“You know all the mythology says that werewolves are monsters, these evil creatures that take over the body of a man – or woman – during the full moon and turn them into a killing machine… None of them ever say anything about feeling so free.” She said.

Boyd watched her expression shift and change as her mind travelled past many different points in her history in just a few moments.

“It’s kind of like waking up to a new world, huh?” He said.

She turned to look at him with a smile that said that he was the first person she had met who felt the same way. “The others were born the way they are, they don’t know what it means to be human. They don’t understand how different it is.”

“I get that.” Boyd said softly.

Their eyes shared a connection for a moment before Daisy shuffled closer, her fingers touching the edges of Boyd’s hand as she leant in to him. Their eyes didn’t part until their faces were just a hair’s breadth away from one another, and then they were closed as Daisy pressed her soft lips against Boyd’s for just a fleeting moment.

“Daisy…” Boyd whispered in a breath that may not have been heard by human ears.

“Yes?” She replied.

“Can I trust you?” He asked, neither one of them opening their eyes.

“Why would you ask me that?” She said softly, no accusations in her tone, just a questioning curiosity.

Boyd lifted his hand to stroke the side of her face. “Because I want to trust you.”

“You can trust me.” She breathed against his lips.

“I hope so.” He whispered, pressing their lips together one more time.

While he did hope he could trust Daisy he knew he couldn’t tell her of his pack’s plans, despite how much he was beginning to care for her. With too many things to think about he just let himself switch off, enjoying one instant to revel in the freedom of the moment.

“So why are you leaving us?” Erica said as she sat down next to Stiles for lunch.

“I’m not – wait, what are you talking about? Are you crazy?” He said, looking at her like she’d just shaved her head.

“Derek’s worried you’re going to move away and leave us when you go to college.” She said, picking at the fries on her lunch tray.

“He said that?” Stiles asked with his eyebrows raised.

She shook her head. “No, but every time someone mentioned college last night I could practically hear his teeth grinding. Are you moving or something?”

“Oh my god, my dad gave me some college books to look through – which I haven’t even done seriously yet – and you guys already assume I’ve lined up a spot for some place a thousand miles away.” He grumbled.

He hadn’t even thought about it yet and it seemed like everyone was on his back about it.

“Alright, geez. I just thought I’d ask. Everyone’s a little sketchy about life after high school.” She said with a roll of her eyes and Stiles could tell that she wasn’t just asking for Derek’s sake.

“Not me.” Lydia said as she sat down with her home packed lunch.

“Oh yeah and where are you going princess?” Erica asked.

Lydia gave her a self-important smile. “Harvard.” She said with a flutter of her eyelashes.

Erica scoffed. “Right, I forgot you were some kind of genius.”

“The best kind.” She said.

“Which is?”

“Beauty and brains.” Stiles said.

Lydia smiled and Erica rolled her eyes again, going back to picking at her food. “Thank you Stiles.” She said sweetly.

Stiles gave Erica a nudge but she just kicked him in the foot. He chuckled to himself and saw a small smile on her face as she pretended to be angry with him.

Boyd walked over to sit next to them, taking a bite out of his sandwich without a word. Erica looked up and sniffed loudly.

“You smell like a dog.” She said and Boyd looked up. “A bitch to be exact, I see you already started your Daisy-duty.”

“Daisy-duty? Really?” Stiles said.

Erica just grinned.

“She’s not that bad.” Boyd said, taking another bite of his sandwich.

“Not that bad? You know we’re not trying to like these people, we’re trying to find out why they’re here.” Erica said.

“I know.” Boyd said with a nod.

“You got your date set Lydia?” Stiles asked.

She rolled her eyes. “I’ve had double dates before, obviously, but this time it’s me and three guys. I don’t even have someone to interrogate in the bathroom between courses.” She huffed.

“I’m sure it won't be too torturous for you.” He said.

“We’ll see.”

“I can tag along, so long as Jackson’s paying.” Erica grinned.

“Not going to happen Blondie.” Jackson said as he slipped in next to Lydia. “Unless of course you want to be an actual add on to our date.” He smirked

“If you say one more word you’ll lose that which you hold most precious. And no, I don’t mean me.” Lydia said.

“Didn’t think you did.” He said, the smirk growing even larger.

“Great, eating lunch over discussions about the inside of Jackson’s jeans. That is like, the last thing I want to think about.” Stiles said.

“Not what I heard.” Scott said as he and Isaac came over to join the rest of the group.

“Very funny Scott.” Stiles said sarcastically.

“Wasn’t it last night that you and Isaac were talking about the size of his – well, you know.” Scott said, totally ratting them out.

Isaac and Stiles looked up at one another and then to everyone else’s bemused faces. Isaac rolled his eyes. “We were wondering why Lydia puts up with him.” He said.

“Well I can tell you right now, that is not why.” She said and then they were back to laughing at Jackson.

“Are we done with that now?” He said.

“Oh yeah, didn’t take long for that novelty to wear off.” Stiles said.

“Don’t – ” Jackson said, putting a finger to Lydia’s lips so she couldn’t continue. “I’m sure there’s something – anything – else that we can talk about.” He said, clearly having had enough.

“We all know you want to talk about the other pack.” Erica whispered. “Talk to Boyd, he’s actually going through with his side of the plan already.”

All eyes turned to Boyd who would be happy if he could just finish his lunch in peace. “What? We’ve talked once, you think I’m going to know exactly what they plans are from that?” He said quietly.

“Did she seem suspicious?” Isaac asked.

“No, she was just being friendly.” He said and most of them shrugged, turning back to their plates.

Erica eyed him cautiously for a moment but said nothing, keeping her thoughts to herself for once. Instead she changed the subject.

“So, late night party at Derek’s tonight?” She said.

“We have a date.” Jackson said with his mouth full.

“Not all night,” Erica said with a roll of her eyes.

“So do we.” Scott said, kissing Isaac’s cheek and making them flush with scarlet.

“I have homework.” Boyd said.

“Oh my god you’re all as boring as each other.” Erica scoffed.

“Tomorrow night then, how about that?” Stiles offered, amused at how much she seemed to need nights with the pack.

“Not optional.” Erica said.

Most of them groaned but would turn up anyway, there was something about being together as a pack that brought them comfort, even the human members of the group.

Just as they were all agreeing to it Allison made quick strides over to them and wedged herself in beside Lydia. “Have I missed anything?” She asked, a little out of breath.

“Just jokes about Jackson’s package… so no, not really.” Erica said with a smirk and Jackson narrowed his eyes at her.

Allison just gave them a ‘didn’t need to know’ look and shook her head.

“Are you okay? You seem a little flustered.” Scott said.

“Yeah, no I’m fine.” She said.

“Are you sure?” Jackson asked.

“Allison?” Lydia said with her brows high.

“Oh I just ran into… Aiden.” She said. “He’s probably not the best one to try and get close to.”

“What? What did he say?” Stiles said. “You talked to him?”

“Not intentionally.” She hissed. “I was putting my books away in my locker when he showed up out of nowhere and started asking me why we were so interested in them. Something about a double date and Boyd…” She said, looking up at them. “He was suspicious.”

“So what did you tell him?” Scott asked.

She shrugged a little. “I told him that no one’s really bothered with him so he had nothing to worry about. I said that Jackson wanted to suss out his brother because he was dating his best friend and I might have asked if we should be suspicious.” She said, frowning slightly. “Well I didn’t want to completely lie to him!” She added.

“No that was good, better than anything I could have come up with on the spot.” Scott said.

“Yeah but she basically told him the entire plan.” Jackson hissed.

“I said that you were protective of Danny with all of his boyfriends and that him being a … werewolf, made him want to keep an even closer eye on Ethan. I didn’t tell him the whole truth.” She hissed right back.

“Jackson she couldn’t lie, he’d know.” Isaac said.

“Would you stop?” Lydia said softly, stroking the little round bone on Jackson’s wrist.

“Why is nothing ever simple?” He said.

“If it was, we’d get bored.” Erica shrugged.

“You don’t want to be the Kanima again do you?” Stiles said with a smile and the rest of them just gave him a ‘don’t go there’ look.

“Let’s just try to be normal please?” Lydia said.

Stiles scoffed. “You can talk.” He said.

“Excuse me, I’m probably the only normal one here.” She said.

“Yeah… I don’t think so.” Stiles said.

“I’m pretty normal.” Scott offered.

Stiles made a buzzer sound. “Ugh! You have Daddy issues.”

“Well what about Isaac?” He asked.

“Please, you have Daddy issues, don’t even get us started on him.” Erica said.

“Erica.” Stiles hissed.

“What? He does.”

“It’s true, I kind of do.” Isaac said with a nod.

“Well can we all just pretend to be normal? For one day at least?” Lydia said with a strain in her voice.

“Well, we can try.” Stiles said, a grin from ear to ear.

Isaac had the last period off from school, one of his frees. He and Cassie had arranged to meet up at one of the coffee places in the centre of town and he stood outside, leaning against the wall as he checked his watch.

She was only five minutes late but still, he’s gotten there early so it felt worse than it was. It was another few minutes later when he heard a click-clacking of heels on the pavement and turned around to see Cassie walking towards him with a big beaming smile on her face. She took a few quick-steps towards him, her lustrous dark brown hair bouncing before she leant in to give him a good squeeze.

“It’s so good to see you!” She said in his ear as she finished hugging him.

“You too, it seriously doesn’t feel like nearly three years.” Isaac said.

“God, three years.” She said, her mind ticking over all the time that had passed. “Well we’ll have a lot to talk about then don’t we?” She said with a smile.

“I guess so.” Isaac said as he followed her through the door and into one of the tables in the back by the window.

“It’s on me by the way.” She said, her smile warm, she looked genuinely happy.

“Oh you don’t have to.” Isaac said, looking at the menu habitually even though he knew what he would be getting.

“I insist and if you don’t let me I’m going to have to make a scene.” She said, her lips pursed in a small smile.

Isaac laughed and looked down. “As I remember you were always good at that.”

“You used to say I should have been an actress.”

“I think you made a better choice though. How is your course going?”

“Hold that thought.” She said as she pushed her chair back and picked up her menu. “What are you eating?”

“Just a coffee.” He shrugged.

Cassie sighed. “You know you’ve got to let yourself take for once, stop letting other people take from you.” She tilted her head. “I’m buying so pick something or I’ll come back here with a whole freaking buffet.”

“Just coffee, and I don’t know, a muffin I guess.” He shrugged, smiling at how well she knew him.

“Buffet it is.” She said, shaking her head with a smile as she walked towards the counter.

Isaac sat back, staring out the window into the street.

He let out a yawn and sighed, for some reason he was especially tired today. Maybe it was all the worry about the other pack with nothing to substantiate it. He was never tired when there was something seriously going on, at least not until after, but now it was just a waiting game and that made him sleepy.

Cassie came back and sat down opposite him with a receipt in her hand which she crunched up and shoved in her pocket.

“So…” She said, resting her elbows on the table and her chin on her hands. “Where were we?”

“I asked about your course, you’re still doing criminology right?” Isaac asked.

She nodded. “Yeah, yeah at the University of Denver.”

“So how’s that going?”

“It’s amazing, I mean really, it’s amazing. The course is fantastic and there is so much that I didn’t even know existed in the field, so many different things. I don’t know what I’m going to do when I finally get my degree but I’ll figure that out when I get there.” She said. “That’s actually the reason I’m here, I’m doing a semester of research.”

The waiter came over with two tall cups of coffee and two plates, one with a muffin and another with a piece of apple pie.

“Thank you.” Cassie said sweetly before he gave her a little smile and walked away. “So what’ll it be, pie or muffin?” She asked with an eyebrow raised

“You choose.” Isaac said with a shrug.

“Oh my god you haven’t changed a bit have you?” Cassie laughed. “I’m taking the pie then.” She shook her head.

“So why did you come back to Beacon Hills of all places? I mean it’s a pretty small town really.” Isaac asked, taking a sip of coffee and pulling the muffin towards him.

“It’s a small town but a lot of stuff happens here. I mean I don’t know what things have been like recently but as I remember there was always something going on. You know, animal attacks and missing people and since I was doing some work on demographics I thought why not profile this place based on locality and population and trends and – I’m going on and on aren’t I?” She asked, looking slightly guilty.

“A little bit but I like it.” He said.

“Yeah well I also have a bit of a soft spot for this place. I mean I haven’t been back here since I left, I don’t even talk to my old foster family.” She said, looking down at her coffee for a moment. “They never called, I never called. It just… well I guess it was kind of like us.”

“You seemed like you really wanted to leave.” Isaac said.

“I did, I just wanted to get away from everything – and everyone – and prove that I was worth something.”

“Cass, you were valedictorian. I think everyone knew that they underestimated you.” He chuckled.

She rolled her eyes with a smile. “I was dual valedictorian and even then they all went weird because I didn’t go somewhere Ivy League.” She shook her head. “It’s alright, I’m on my way to showing them all up, just give it seventeen years and they’ll be wishing they were me at our twentieth reunion.” She said with a cocked eyebrow as she took a long swig of her coffee.

Isaac laughed. “I bet they will.”

“So anyway, I’ve said way, way too much about myself. How are you? How’s things with your dad?” She asked.

Isaac’s face dropped a little, he hadn’t even thought about him, or how Cassie didn’t know what had happened. Not that he would tell her exactly what happened to him, she didn’t need to know anything about that side of his life.

“I uh… well he’s sort of… dead.” He said awkwardly and Cassie almost spat her mouthful of pie right onto him.

Instead she covered her mouth while she swallowed, her eyebrows all the while relocating to her hairline. “Oh my god, Isaac I had no idea, I am so sorry.” She said quickly.

“It’s fine, it actually happened a while ago so I’m… I’m moving past it.”

“What happened?”

“He… he was killed.” Isaac said.

“Oh god, Isaac I…” She sighed, not really knowing what to say.

She reached out and put her hand over his wrist, squeezing it gently.

“It’s fine, really. He was… well, I can't say he didn’t deserve it.”

“Isaac… you know you don’t really feel that. He was your dad once, even if that guy hasn’t existed for years. You told me about him and even when I left you still cared. Come on, you know it’s true. You care far too much for your own good. It’s why you get hurt so easily.” She said.

“So I’ve been told. Seriously, don’t worry about it.” He said.

“Okay, I can see that you’re done talking about him. Even though I want to ask you so many questions because that’s what I’ve been doing the last three years for my course – I’ll refrain.” She said with a smile.

“Thanks Cassie.”

“You know I’ve been doing an awful lot of talking and you’ve barely said a word. Plus you practically inhaled that muffin. I think I need to shut up for a while and let you talk. I can give you some prompts if you like, I have lots of questions.” She grinned.

Isaac shook his head. “In case you’ve forgotten I don’t mind listening.”

“Yeah you always were a quiet one. You know what they say about the quiet ones.”

“And all of it’s true.” He grinned and Cassie laughed as she shook her head.

“So come on, tell me. What have you been doing? What are you going to do next year? What exactly happened to your dad-”

Cassie.”

“Okay, okay, well start talking or I’m going to turn this into a damn fine interrogation.” She said, sitting back and waiting for him to start speaking.

“Fine.” Isaac said, trying to think of where the hell to start.

Well, my dad’s been a dick this whole time and I never had any friends on account of people thinking that I was weird, not until this super creepy guy came and offered me a way out which turned out to be becoming a werewolf and gaining a pack. Oh yeah, then some weird lizard creature killed my father and a whole bunch of other people until we realised it was actually one of the guys in my year who was being controlled by

“Isaac?” She asked, staring at him expectantly. “You still with me?”

“What? Oh yeah, sorry I was just trying to figure out where to start.” He said, his cheeks flushing a little.

“Well I hope that means I’m on for a good story.” She smiled.

“I guess um, it’s been pretty normal for me. Apart from the whole thing with my dad school has actually been – better. I’ve got alright grades and I made it onto the lacrosse team this year, first line.” He said.

“Oh wow, you’ve been trying to make it since like eighth grade. What changed there?” She asked cheekily.

He shrugged. “I’ve been bulking up, you know, working on that arm strength.”

“Oh yeah? Which arm – or are you ambidextrous?” She said with a smile.

“I bet you think you’re real funny huh?”

She chuckled. “Go on then, tell me the rest.”

“Well lacrosse is good, gives me something to do you know, apart from study… which I hate. A couple of my friends are on the team too which makes it better and yes – I have friends now, don’t get all excited.” She made an overly exuberant happy face and he kicked her lightly under the table. “I still don’t know what I’m going to do next year though. I’m still trying to get a half decent GPA.”

“Well I’m sure whatever you decide it’ll be amazing.” She said.

“I hope so. Anyway you said you were here for research? What kind of stuff are you looking for?” He asked, always liking it better when he didn’t have to talk about himself.

She sighed a little. “Well I’ve just been looking through all the old archives – police archives – you know, at the big library in town, and they’re great, I mean they have some really good stuff in them. The only problem is that half of them have details but no dates or a listing but no details and it’s super hard to collate data when you only have part of the information.” She said, the frustration evident in her voice. “I guess I’m just going to have to do some field work on this one, which is fun, don’t get me wrong I like it. It’s just that sometimes people are less than helpful and I almost never-”

“By field work do you mean going down to the police station?” Isaac asked, cutting her off.

She nodded. “Probably yeah, I mean I’ll have to see if anyone can help me out but yeah that is step number two.”

“Well… one of my friends is the sheriff’s son, I could ask him to talk to his dad for you.” Isaac offered.

“Oh my god, really? You’d do that?” She asked, her interest peaking.

“Yeah sure, I think he’d be happy to talk to you about old cases and stuff, you know, if there aren’t any animal attacks.” He smiled.

Cassie laughed, a big grin stuck on her face. “You are one amazing guy Isaac Lahey.” She said, her eyes never leaving Isaac’s.

It was at that point that he realised that her hand was still resting on his wrist and he broke their eye contact to look down at it for a moment before looking back up at her.

“I have really missed you Isaac.” She said.

“I’ve missed you too. I mean I never forgot you anyway.” He said, putting his hand over hers comfortingly and making her smile.

“You remember that deal we made once?” She asked softly and Isaac nodded his head, looking down with red cheeks and shaking his head a little.

“Yes, I remember.” He said.

“Well… I’m guessing that it’s too late now, on both our parts…” She said and Isaac felt his chest pounding, unsure of what she was going to say next. “… I just want you to know… it’s still on the table.”

He swallowed hard and looked up at her, not even sure what to say in response. “I… what?” He said.

“I’m saying that I forgot how much you meant to me Isaac and if you wanted me… you could have me.” She said.

With that Isaac was rendered speechless, completely lost for words.

                                            ~ ~ ~

A/N: Dun, dun, dun!!

Leave your comments guys, don't forget to tell me what you think of Daisy, let's not forget about her!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 8.2K 27
When words fail, music speaks. That's how Zayn Malik has been living his life since he could remember. No one really knew much about Zayn other than...
49.4K 1.6K 25
Ashton Irwin, son of the richest family of the town. Luke Hemmings, the son of Ashton's personal cleaner. Ashton is an asshole to everyone except hi...
9.9K 320 53
My headcanons, ideas, aus, fanart, one shots, theories, just me rambling about a series I like
17.9K 616 43
𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐃 kevin keller, resident preppy boy at riverdale high and joaquin desantos, the boy born on the wrong side of town. a romance on...