Begin Again

By bocasmaries

Selena Gomez is a 22 year old-fresh out of college and ready to begin a new life with her four year old daugh... More

Begin Again
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
GO READ MY NEW STORIES
SEQUEL ANNOUNCEMENT
Okay For Real This Time, Sequel + New Stories
Spin Off Is Up
Did I Just Do That?

Chapter 8

17.9K 364 102
By bocasmaries

Chapter 8:

Selena’s POV:

“Come on Kells,” I said holding out my hand for her to grab.

Kaylie hopped out of the BMW and grabbed my hand. We made our way to Justin’s front door, the nerves building up inside of me already.

I knocked twice bringing my right hand back down to my side. Kaylie was literally jumping in excitement next to me.

“Kaylie calm down.” I chuckled to the jumpy four-year-old.

“I’m just happy to see Justin again!” Kaylie exclaimed.

Soon Justin’s front door opened, revealing Justin in sweats and a regular red v-neck shirt.

“Hey.” I smiled and Justin smiled in return.

“You ready for your re-match Bieber?” Kaylie said running up to Justin. Justin caught her in time to pick her up and place her on his hip.

“Oh, you’re on Miss Kaylie.” Justin smirked. “You coming in Sel?” He turned to me and asked.

I smiled and nodded my head, walking inside his house—or shall I say mansion—and shut the front door behind me.

Justin switched Kaylie from his hip, and threw her over his shoulder causing her to let out a giggle.

“Ahh!” Kaylie screamed. I chuckled and continued following Justin down the hall and to his basement.

When we arrived in the basement my jaw literally dropped in awe. This is a freaking game room! I looked around the big, spacious room, eyeing the big television screen, the leather couch, and the other games he had in here. He even has a pool table and a ping pong table in here!

“Like it?” Justin asked.

“Like it? Are you freaking kidding me I love this room! If I lived here I would be living in this room!” I chuckled still looking around the room.

Meanwhile, Justin and Kaylie took a seat on the leather couch in front of the giant flat screen TV. Justin took out two controllers and gave one to Kaylie.

“Sel, are you gonna come sit and watch our game or?” Justin asked chuckling.

I blushed and sat down on the black leather matching love seat that was placed next to the leather couch.

“You’re gonna get you butt whooped!” Kaylie exclaimed.

“Let’s see about that cheater.” Justin said sticking his tongue out.

I swear Justin still acts like a kid himself.

Kaylie and Justin started the game while I began getting lost in my own thoughts.

It’s so cute how Justin and Kaylie can get along so easily. Maybe I should tell Justin Kaylie is his? I’ve been thinking about this a lot—especially ever since he had texted me saying he needed to talk to me about Kaylie.

I wonder what he needed to talk about.

+

“I won, I won! In your face! In your face Bieber!” Kaylie yelled happily jumping up from the couch.

I just witnessed a four-almost five-year old beating a 23 year old man at Mario-Kart for the tenth time in a row.

Yes, Justin and Kaylie have been playing this game for nearly two hours and yet Kaylie has beaten him every time.

That’s my girl.

“ARE YOU KIDDING ME?” Justin yelled getting up from the couch.

“Awe, Justin don’t be a sore-loser.” I teased. I went over to him and started pinching his cheeks causing him to swat my hand away.

“Don’t do that Sel.” He said rubbing his cheeks.

“Where’s my ice cream?” Kaylie said interrupting us.

“How about we go to the park and I’ll get your ice cream there?” Justin smiled down to her.

Kaylie nodded her head repeatedly. “Yes, yes, yes! Please mommy can we go?”

“Of course.” I smiled.

“Can I ride with Justin?” Kaylie asked looking up to me with wide eyes.

I looked up to Justin and he nodded his head smiling saying it was ok. “Sure.” I smiled. “But I need to get your car seat out of the car first.” I said.

“Mommy, I’m a big girl.” She said.

“Fine.” I sighed. “But you have to sit in the back seat.”

“But mommy, last time, Justin let me sit up front with him!”

“You what?” I said—more like yelled.

“Kaylie that was suppose to be our little secret.” Justin said placing his finger over his lips.

“Oops. I forgot Justin.” Kaylie said a little sadly. “Please don’t be mad.”

“Kaylie it’s ok.” Justin said walking over to her.

He picked her up and she wrapped her arms around him placing her head in the crook of his neck.

“How about we go get that ice cream now?” Justin whispered to her, and Kaylie nodded her head never lifting it up.

“I’ll just follow in behind you.” I said, while following Justin out of his house.

I walked over to the BMW and saw Justin locking up his house—well mansion before he placed Kaylie in the front seat. He looked over to me and I just nodded my head saying it was ok.

Justin soon got into his own truck before pulling off, and I followed him to the park.

On the drive there, I kept thinking of ways to tell Justin—about Kaylie.

Hey Justin funny story—Kaylie is actually yours.

Justin I know this may seem sudden, but Kaylie is actually your daughter.

Wanna hear a funny story? Well remember when it was your 18th birthday and I caved into the bet? Yeah we didn’t end up using protection and Kaylie is kind of yours.

Jay, do you remember how babies are made?

What the hell? There is something completely wrong with me; of course Justin knows how babies are made!

I heard a knock on my window—seeing it was Justin smiling down at me.

“You okay Sel?” He asked.

I looked around, and didn’t even realize we had already pulled up into the park.

“Oops sorry.” I chuckled getting out of the car.

“It’s okay Sel.” Justin laughed. “I’m gonna go take Kaylie to go get her ice cream.” Justin added, “Wanna come?”

“Nah, I’ll just wait here.” I said leaning against the car.

Justin nodded his head, and grabbed Kaylie’s hand as they began making their way to the ice cream stand.

I watched them as they walked and saw them talking to each other—but they took an unexpected turn to a nearby bench.

Okay?

Justin’s POV:

I am so happy Selena didn’t want to come! That’ll give me more time to ask Kaylie more questions about her father, just so I could be one-step closer.

Even though last time I tried asking her, it just resulted into her crying and falling asleep.

“So Kaylie,” I began.

Kaylie looked up at me but then back straight ahead of her to watch where she was walking—even though I was still holding her hand.

“You’re gonna ask me about my daddy again, aren’t you?” She asked.

Wow this kid is smart. She has to be mine.

“Well—um,” I began nervously.

“Because I remember more stuff about him.” She said, cutting me off—and off guard.

“Really?” I asked. We reached the ice cream stand. “How about you tell me after we get your ice cream?”

“Or I can just tell you now. I rather tell you now anyway before I forget. Even though I’m really smart, I’m still four and a half and forget things easily.”

“Oh, ok.” I said. “So what do you remember?” I asked her. We both walked to a nearby bench.

We sat down and Kaylie sighed.

“Well I remember when we were on the plane coming here I asked my mommy about my daddy.” Kaylie began.

“And what did she say?” I edged on.

“You’re impatient.” She glared at me.

I put my hands up in surrender and let her continue.

“Anyways—I asked my mommy what my daddy was like,” Kaylie began and I listened carefully, “She said that he was shy and a nerd at first.” Kaylie said scrunching her face up—the same thing Selena does when she’s thinking (which is cute by the way); then I gulped—first a nerd?

“Then mommy told me he was really sweet though. They went to the same school, but didn’t talk until senior year—I think that’s what mommy said.”

I was staring at Kaylie now fascinated in what she was going with this.

At first he was shy and a nerd.

Me.

They went to the same school but didn’t talk until senior year.

Us.  

“Did—did she say how you and your daddy met?” I asked clearing my throat.

Kaylie glared at me again. “Would you--,”

“My bad.” I said.

“And yes she did. She said they were partnered for a—um something, I can’t remember.” Kaylie said furrowing her eyebrows.

“Was it a math packet?” I asked cautiously not sure how Kaylie will react to me interrupting her again.

“YES THAT WAS IT!” Kaylie exclaimed looking at me. “Mommy said after that they became friends, then started dating and he treated her like a princess.” Kaylie continued. “She even said Gracie liked him.”

“Is—that all?” I asked.

“Well I asked my mommy if my daddy would love me—and she said he would.” Kaylie sighed.

She’s right—I do.

“Wait Justin--?” Kaylie began, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“What is it Kells?” I asked.

“Ooh, Mace uses that nickname for me too!” Kaylie said which made my gut turn. “But anyway—Justin how did you know it was a math packet my mommy and daddy worked on?”

“C’mon Kells, let’s go get your ice cream now.” I smiled, avoiding her question. I stood up and held out my hand and she smiled and grabbed it and we walked back over to the ice cream stand.

I wasn’t in the mood for ice cream anymore so I just bought Kaylie a plain chocolate ice cream cone with sprinkles.

I’m Kaylie’s father. I know I am. All the pieces of the puzzle were finally adding up. Her dad was a nerd at first when he first met her mother.

I was a big time nerd until I met Selena; that’s when I became comfortable around people. Selena and I worked on a math packet and became really close friends then started dating. On my 18th birthday, that night Selena caved to the bet, we were so caught up in the moment, we forgot to use protection—then that morning afterwards, once we ‘did it’ on top of the kitchen counter top we didn’t use it again.

Maybe that’s what Selena wanted to tell me, before I left to St. Louis—but she couldn’t find the words to tell me.

But why?

Why keep something big like this?

+

Selena and I were now sitting next to each other on a nearby bench, while Kaylie was playing on the playground with the other kids.

It’s been almost an hour since Kaylie told me about her father—which so happens to be me. I know it. Now all I have to do is confirmation from Selena.

And I thought asking Kaylie was hard.

“So are you ever gonna tell me what you really needed to talk about dealing with Kaylie?” Selena said cutting my thinking shorter.

“Oh yeah--,” I said clearing my throat. “Do you know who Kaylie’s father is?”

“Of course I do. I mean it wasn’t a random hook-up how I got pregnant with her.” Selena said messing with her fingers.

She does that when she’s nervous.

“So who’s the father?” I edged on.

“Well, Justin—“

“Is it me?” I asked getting straight to the point cutting her off.

Selena looked at me wide—basically the same face Ryan gave me when I asked him the same thing.

“Justin—“

“Selena please.”

“Justin, I really don’t—“

“Kaylie told me how you told her about her dad. How he used to be a nerd before you came along. How they were partnered up for a math packet and became bestfriends then started dating.” I said. “I know it’s me.”

Selena just shook her head. What the fuck she mean by shaking her head?

“Tell me the truth Selena. I think I deserve to know if I have a damn daughter or not.” I said my anger getting the best of me. Why wouldn’t she just come clean already?

Selena just sat there in silence looking at me.

“Well?” I asked getting frustrated.

Selena let out a sigh and began nodding her head. “Yeah.”

“Yeah what?”

“Kaylie’s yours.” She said turning to me. It looked like she was about to cry.

But I should be the one crying—mad—frustrated.

She kept my daughter a secret from me for four-years! FOUR YEARS!

“Please say something.” Selena said softly.

“What the fuck am I suppose to say?” I spat. I know I should be calm—but who can be calm in a situation like this. I’m pretty sure if you found out you had a kid you never knew about—you’d be pretty mad also.

“Justin, see this is why I didn’t want to tell you. I knew you’d get mad.” Selena said barely above a whisper, but loud enough for me to hear.

“And what am I suppose to be? Happy?” I said sarcastically. “I mean I’m happy I have a daughter—but I’m pretty pissed off that you keep a secret like this from me—especially when it has something to do with me!”

“I’m—I’m sorry.” Selena said. I could hear it in her voice that she was trying to hold back tears.

“Well sorry doesn’t cut it Selena.” I said running my hand through my hair. “You kept this a secret from me for four years Selena. Who else knew about Kaylie being mine? Did my mom know? Jazzy? Ryan, my own bestfriend?” I asked not letting Selena answer, but she just nodded her head.

“Is that all you’re gonna do is nod your head?”

“What am I suppose to do Justin? You’re being really bi-polar right now!” Selena said raising her voice a little.

“Well excuse me for freaking out that I just found out I had a daughter.” I said in a smart-ass tone. 

Selena just scoffed and began picking at her nails.

“Well you don’t have to be a jack-ass about it.” Selena said.

“Excuse me? How am I being a jack-ass?” I said in disbelief. “You know what, don’t answer that.” I said and I just got up from the bench.

“Where are you going?” Selena asked.

She got up and followed me to my truck.

“What the fuck does it look like I’m going? I’m leaving.” I said rolling my eyes.

I unlocked my truck in got in, but couldn’t shut the door because Selena was just standing there.

“Can you move?”

“We need to talk about this.”

“Not now we don’t.”

“Why are you freaking out all of sudden? You didn’t seem to mind being around Kaylie when you were babysitting her!”

“THAT WAS DIFFERENT SELENA!” I said.

“HOW WAS IT FUCKING DIFFERENT JUSTIN? TELL ME! ELIGHTEN ME!” Selena yelled—but luckily no one heard her.

“IT JUST IS OK!” I yelled in return. I stepped closer to her, so we wouldn’t have to yell anymore and I looked directly in her eyes. I sighed and rubbed my hand over my mouth thinking. “Selena, I don’t want you or Kaylie around me right now.” I said, and I saw Selena furrow her eyebrows, and swear I literally saw her mouth and heart drop.

Selena’s POV:

“Selena, I don’t want you or Kaylie around me right now.” Justin said.

I couldn’t believe it. Why—why was he acting like this? I felt my heart drop; it took everything in me not to cry.

“Justin—why—why are you doing this?” I asked. I felt a tear slide down my cheek and I didn’t even bother to wipe it.

“Selena, I need to think, and it’s for the best.” And that was the last thing Justin said, before turning around and getting back into his truck.

“No, no, Justin please!” I begged. I knew he could hear me even though his car door was shut and his window was up. I banged on his window but he didn’t budge.

He put the truck in reverse.

“I DID THIS FOR YOU!” I yelled. But of course—he didn’t hear me, because he was already out of the parks parking lot.

I squatted in the parking lot holding my face in my hands not caring who saw me. I cried.

I can’t believe this happed.

Why did I come back? I should have stayed in New York with Mason and Layne.

“Mommy, what’s wrong? Where’s Justin?” Kaylie asked panicky while hugging me.

I sat up and wiped my face the best I could.

“Nothings wrong sweetie.” I said.

“But mommy you’re crying.”

“I’m fine Kaylie, I promise.” I said. “C’mon let’s go home.”

“But—where’s Justin?”

+

“Sweetie, everything’s gonna be alright.” My mom said to me rubbing my back.

I was lying in my bed with my covers up to my chin. I came home and immediately locked my self in my room not bothered to change clothes—or even eat.

My mom eventually knew something was wrong, and she had came up here and gotten in to bed with me wrapping her arm around me trying to calm me down.

After ten minutes of not saying anything, I finally turned to face her and cried into her chest, telling her everything that happened at the park. I didn’t hold anything back. And all she did is listen—and that’s exactly what I needed.

“Mom he hates me.” I sobbed.

“Hush child—Justin could never hate you. Even if he tried.” My mom said comforting me.

“But I kept Kaylie a secret from him and he told me not to bring myself or Kaylie around him.” I managed to choke out in between sobs.

“Justin needs to think right now sweetie. He’s confused—angry. He’s feeling all types of emotions, and just doesn’t know how to deal with them right now. Just give him space, he’ll come around.”

“But—what about Kaylie? She’ll start wondering where’s Justin, and she’s gonna want to hang out with him again. She’s become so attached to him mom. Just like she did with Mason. She seems him as her father—even though he is and she doesn’t know it yet.” I cried even more.

I probably just ruined my daughter’s life for good.

Some mom I am, huh?

-

I am so sorry for another short chapter! I promise I'll try and make the rest of the chapters longer, and not make the conversations so chunky.

Anyway, as you can tell Selena is really upset about this! I mean, she didn't even eat! 

Do you guys think Justin had a right to act the way he did? I mean at first he seemed all a happy-go-luck guy, then he just completely turned. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 7.3K 37
MADELINE LOCKHART Say it. Chant it. Remember it. โ™› โ™› โ™› New York's adolescent haut monde are known for their luxurious lifestyles. Their glory lies i...
644K 14.3K 31
Meet Nadia "Badass" Jenkins. You know the cliche stories about the bad boy players, well Nadia is the girl version of that. She humps and dumps. Kiss...
56.3K 1.8K 25
A story in which a shy, quiet student falls in love with her handsome, gorgeous teacher named Mr. Mahone. ~And a Special Thanks To @kiingyasmiin For...
9K 215 42
Ashley and her love of her life she thought had just cheated on her after three years with her best friend Jessica. She had no clue and decided to st...