Finding ANYA

By Mikeala_rulz

Jade has known her entire life that it is important to not to let anyone know that she is the daughter of Ali... More

Epilogue
Chapter One : True Story
Chapter Two : Not as secret as I thought
Chapter Three : Lame Holidays
Chapter 5: Not even friends?
Chapter Six: He is your what?
Chapter Six: He is your what?...continued
Chapter Seven: A sad goodbye
Chapter 8

Chapter Four : Movie, Date??

45 3 0
By Mikeala_rulz

Chapter Four

“So what are we seeing?” Jade asks.

I couldn’t wait to see her again, I don’t know why considering I don’t really know her. The day after school finished, I texted her asking her what she was doing. She said she was bored and doing nothing so we decided we would go to the movies.

“Um, I don’t know. I was hoping you would decide,” I cringe.

She laughs, “so how many girls have you taken to the movies, Kyle?”

“Um, none. Why?” I’m confused as to why she would even ask that.

“So you don’t know what type of movies girls choose?”

“Um the same type as guys,” I am so confused. I know that they watch chick flicks too but I really actually don’t care what we watch. I just didn’t want to sit at home all day.

“Okay well I want to see that new movie Frozen,” she laughs. Okay then.

“Frozen?” I ask, “What’s that?”

“It’s a Disney movie,” she smiles.

I am really starting to love that smile. Every little flash I get of it, makes me want make her smile more.

“Okay then,” I say walking to the line-up.

We stand in line and she stares at me, “What?” I say.

“Nothing, it’s just cute that you would watch anything, including Disney,” she smiles.

“Do you actually want to see it, cause if you were just trying to prove a point we can actually watch whatever you want to,” I smirk.

“I actually want to see it, but I want you to be comfortable watching it too.”

“I’m actually all good with Disney movies, so it’s all good.”

“Awesome!” she smiles and turns back to her place in line.

I would be lying if I said that this wasn’t a date, it kind of was but I’m not sure if that’s the case of how she is seeing it or not.

We stay in the line until we get to the front, when she is called I walk over to the counter with her.

“What are you doing?” she asks with a frown on her face.

“Buying our tickets,” I say.

“Nope I’m good, I want to see this movie so I can afford to pay for my own ticket,” she states proudly.

“Two tickets please,” I say to the lady serving us.

Jade just glares at me, I don’t look over at her because it’ll crack me but I swear the glare is something I never want.

“Want anything to eat or drink?” the lady asks.

“Nope, Jade?” I say still not looking at her.

“Yes I’ll have a large popcorn and a large coke with two straws please,” she smiles.

The lady goes and gets what she orders and she turns to me, “bet you aren’t glad you paid now?”

“Actually I am, now I can eat your popcorn too,” I smile.              

The lady comes back and puts the orders through, “That comes to $26.”

I pay and walk towards the cinema, we take our seats. We were in the worst cinema, the seats were squished so close together that you were touching the person next to you, so I tried to move my legs so slightly so I didn’t touch her. I don’t want her to think that I’m trying to make a move on her.

She moves slightly, and her leg brushes against mine, I start to shift but I can’t move my legs any further away otherwise it’ll look weird. So I sit there like a statue, staring at the screen.

When the movie starts I can’t help but notice everything she does, the way she breathes the way she laughs even when the movie is only a little bit funny. But how would I know, I can’t even tell what the movie is about let alone if it is funny or not.

When it’s over she whispers to me and says, “did you like the movie?”

“Um yeah, it was funny,” I smile, the only thing I know about it was there was a snowman, I think.

JADE

When he texted me about the movies I was excited. I wasn’t about to run and tell Jayden though, he would tell me it’s too risky, that hanging out with those boys is a danger to my identity. I didn’t see what was so bad about them finding out whom I was anyway, I mean Alice and Derek, a.k.a mum and dad, never did anything wrong so there isn’t anything to be worried about.

I thought he would’ve picked a movie already so when he told me to choose one I was a little taken back. I was going to play a joke on him by choosing Frozen but I half actually wanted to see it.

“Okay well I want to see that new movie Frozen,” I say with a hint of glee in my voice, I stared at his face to see if it would change into a frown. Which would turn into a whole, no way I’m a boy we have to watch a boy movie speech, but he already seemed a bit clueless as to what a girl would pick when it came to movies.

But when he simply asked what it was and said okay to watching it, I didn’t know what to be; happy or nervous. A boy only ever agrees to a ‘chick flick’ or a ‘kids movie’ if 1. They are married or 2. If they seriously like you.

I walk to the counter and just before I get there I realise he is following behind with me.

“What are you doing?” I ask curiously.

“Buying our tickets,” he says with a nervous smile.

“Nope I’m good, I want to see this movie so I can afford to pay for my own ticket,” I say a little too proudly, it’s just I don’t know if this is a date or not and I’m not sure if I want it to be or not.

“Two tickets please,” he says to the lady serving us.

I look at him, I look at him maybe a little too hard. That is two things I have told him not to do in the of three days that he has done anyway. There was no doubt now that he wanted this to be sort of a date and I was actually starting to look forward to it. He wasn’t looking at me which was thankful cause if he did, I bet he would be shocked out of ever having a thought about dating me because of how weird I was. Who stares at someone?

“Want anything to eat or drink?” the lady asks.

“Nope, Jade?” he says still not looking at me.

“Yes I’ll have a large popcorn and a large coke with two straws please,” I smile, at least if this is going to be one I am going to make him pay for not letting me be ready for it.  

The lady goes and gets what I ordered and I turn to Kyle, “bet you aren’t glad you paid now?”

“Actually I am, now I can eat your popcorn too,” he smiles.

When we sit in the cinema, our legs keep brushing even though he is trying to be polite and not let them. I sit there and smile as we make small talk before the movie starts. But when it does start, I am in complete awe by the movie. It was so funny, I was pretty much laughing the entire time.

“Did you like the movie?” I ask.

“Um yeah, it was funny,” he smiles, but I don’t think he paid attention to it the entire time.

When he drops me home, I thank him for paying even though I wanted to. And walked inside.

“Jade,” he calls out to me before I reach the stairs to the front door of my house.

“Yeah,” I call back.

He jumps out of the car and runs towards me, “Is it weird that I only met you three days ago and yet, I’m not looking forward to say good-bye to you?”

I think about it, I’m actually a little sad he is saying good-bye right now. It’s only 12 and I have nothing planned for the rest of the day.

“It’s not weird, I feel the same way,” I sigh.

“Want to do something tomorrow then?” he asks.

“Yeah, what about the park?” I ask.

“Yes definitely, but can my brother and his girl of the week come too, I know it’ll be weird but they’ll run off somewhere anyway?”

“Um yeah okay,” tomorrow was going to be fun. All I have to do is hope that Jayden doesn’t find out about it!

                                                                                                                     -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can i get three votes on this chapter please!!! 

hope your enjoying it 

<3 Mikeala_rulz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

964K 25K 35
Jade Christina Reaves, daughter of Damien and Sarah Reaves, has been crushing on Dean Thompson since she first met him. He of course never noticed he...
1.3K 89 17
Jade West always kept one thing hidden from everyone. The whole gang knew of it. Jade's big secret. She always dodged the question and everyone knew...
187 8 12
Jade was not prepared to loose her mother at an early age, she was also not prepared to live with her father and his family. She was definitely not p...
5.4K 129 21
Jade lived a normal life until she turned thirteen. Then she learned the truth of her heritage. She finds love, but will it be destroyed? A horrible...