Miss Stranger

By aanavats01

Ranked #34 on (7-Oct-2017) Relations, they're are the most important part of our life. We are all surrounded... More

Prologue!!
Chapter - 1
Chapter- 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 27
Chapter - 28
Chapter - 29
Epilogue!!

Chapter - 6

1.1K 94 19
By aanavats01

Noah's P.O.V.

"Who are you?", I asked looking at the familiar face but not able to recognise him.

"I'm her husband", he said.

"You're what?", I asked shocked.

"Come in, Mr Boss", he said with a sigh.

"I'm Eric, Eva's husband", he said and Eva came in the sight.

"Whose there Eric?", She said coming into the hall folding her hair and then stopped seeing me.

"Mr Orchid, what are you doing here?", She asked.

"You've got a funny name", Eric chuckled.

Oh, they're so made for each other, both crazy.

"My name is Noah Calvin", I said.

"I know that. Who doesn't know you?", He said and I felt a sense of proud.

"Then why did you ask me about who am I?", I asked confused.

"I wanted to know why a rich person is at my place at this time? He said.

"Eric stop it. You should go now", Eva said.

"Really? Leaving you all alone with a stranger?", Eric asked raising his eyebrows.

"I'm not a stranger. I'm Noah Calvin, his boss", I said.

"So? You're her boss who knows her from like few hours doesn't mean I can trust you. She's my wife after all", he said showing his possessiveness.

"Eric, he's a good person", Eva said.

"How can you say that? You're gullible", Eric said.

"I just know. You should leave now else she'll be mad at you and we don't want her to get mad", Eva said.

"Yeah fine. But listen, Mr Calvin, she's my wife and I hope you'll be good to her", he said and then left.

"Sure", I said with a fake smile.

Wired family!!

"What are you doing here?", Eva asked.

"You didn't tell me about you and Aria so I came to meet you", I said looking at her small house.

"Please have a seat. I'll make coffee for you", she said and moved to the kitchen.

I sat down on the small couch and overlooked her house. The drawing hall was as big as my bathroom only but it was beautiful. The walls were decorated with pictures and sceneries. The room was filled with scented candles. I could see Eva making coffee, as the kitchen was just at the back of the drawing hall.

There were two rooms which were closed. It was a really small house, just like a matchbox but it was giving me a nice feeling. I mean, there are some places in everyone's life where they feel peace and their heart admit that feeling.

Eva's house had that aura, I'm feeling contented. I'm so liking this house. It's so peaceful and I don't know what's so special here but it's soothing to me. I don't like my own big house this much.

"So, you won't let go of this matter?", Eva said coming with two cups of coffee on a tray with cookies on her plate and then it hits me that I had come here for a purpose and I totally forgot about that.

"You're married?", I asked.

"Yes, why? Can't I be married?", She chuckled.

"No, you don't tell me so, it actually surprised me", I said and she gave me a silent smile. A smile which was on her face but not in her eyes.

"So, tell me what happened between you and Aria", I asked picking up the coffee mug.

"I don't feel right to tell this Mr Orchid", she said and this time I didn't try to correct her.

Let her be happy with Mr Orchid only!

"Stop being a drama queen and tell me", I said holding the cappuccino she made for me. Well, I'm a black coffee lover but she doesn't know that. We're strangers right!!

"Umm, okay but you won't judge me", she said and I nodded taking a sip of the coffee, don't know how it would be?

And it tasted, wow? I mean she makes good and perfect coffee, I just so love this.

"Nice coffee", I said.

"I know, Eric taught me how to make it. He's a chef after all", she said and I passed a smile.

"Okay, so one fine day I was at this restaurant and I forgot its name but I went there for lunch with Eric and some of my friends", she said.

She's a social butterfly, I thought.

"And there your girlfriend Aria was also at the adjacent table next to us. My male friends were drolling over her that's why I recognise her. Everything was going fine when all of a sudden she started yelling at an old waiter who by mistake spilt juice on her fifty dollars heels", Eva said in a dramatic tone.

"But I don't like this at all and me being me, always interfering my nose into others life, I asked her to stop yelling at the poor person. Aria doesn't like it, well nobody likes strangers giving pieces of advice and so did she. She started yelling at me and my friends just came in between and in end, the manager throw all of us out of the restaurant", she said and I just choked on my coffee.

"So, this is the story. I thought she would've forgotten all this but unfortunately, she took it way too personal", Eva said.

"Personally? Girl, you make her throw out of a restaurant, it is a big deal. Aria is a very respectable girl and she had self-esteem, she has the right to be angry at you", I said.

"So do that waiter had a self-respect. See, I don't care whether she likes me or not, it's not as if I'm going to marry her but her heels aren't worth a person's heart. We can buy a new pair of shoes but not a new heart, once it's broke then it can't be mended ever", Eva said being a bit sad.

"What can I say? You and we have different opinions and lifestyle. We're two different worlds", I said enjoying my coffee.

"And I'm happy that these two worlds don't merge", she said and I chuckled.

"You're married and you didn't tell me, why so?", I said placing the empty cup on the table trying to change the topic.

"Why? Do your company need an unmarried employment?", she asked.

"No, I mean there's no need to hide that you're married from your boss. You should've told me", I said.

"Yeah, you're right. I forgot to tell about that. I'm married for like a year and not newly married so maybe I forgot to tell you", she said and I nodded.

"I guess I should leave now. It's really getting late and see you at the office tomorrow. Just be on time, I don't like latecomers", I said.

"Yeah sure", she said with a smile.

I moved towards the door and she followed me.

"Bye Mr Orchid, good night", she said.

"Bye", I said and left the building. I need to ask Aria about her fight with Eva. I guess I've patch things between them.

Aria is a mature girl and she would understand my view, I'm sure of that.

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

Next morning,  I was coming back from my jog and just like every day,  Aria called me.

"Hey honey", I said.

"Good morning", she wished in her sleepy voice.

"Wassup Aria. Still in bed?", I asked.

"Yeah, reached late home at night so still sleepy", she said.

"Aria, I talked to Eva yesterday and she told me something about you two. I want to talk to you about that", I said.

"Oh, I was also accepting this from her. What had you told you? Must be gossiping about me", Aria chuckled.

"No, she didn't say anything false about you. I'm coming to your place, we'll talk then", I said and Aria agreed.

I got ready for office and left my penthouse. I hope Eva had left for office or else I'll pick her too. I called her to ask where is she but she didn't pick it up. I don't know why this girl can't pick up the calls?

I reached office on time and called Mrs Haldie in my cabin. She came with a smile, I know she's happy that I throw a party for her.

"Yes, Mr Calvin?", She said.

"Has Miss. Peterson reached?", I asked.

Sorry, I mean Mrs., I thought!!

"No, sir. She's not here till now", Mrs Haldie said.

"Ok, let me know when she arrives", I said and she nods and left the cabin to make coffee for me. I still have the taste of Eva's coffee since last night.

Mrs Haldie came with my black coffee as much I like and then left saying that Eva has not reached yet.

I took my newspapers and sipped the coffee and it's not that good. The one I drank at Eva's was something unique. I don't like my own taste now, strange!!

I heard a knock on my door as soon as I finished my coffee.

"Come in", I said and Eva came inside.

"Good morning Mr Orc-, I mean Mr Calvin", Eva said trying to hold her slip of tongue.

"You're late Miss. Peterson, or should I call you Mrs Peterson?", I asked.

"I'm Miss. Eva Peterson sir", she said with a faint smile.

"I've already told you that I hate latecomers then why did you come late?", I asked.

"I'm got stuck at traffic", she said. I knew she's lying so does my all employees but I just let them go.

"Fine, go and join Mrs Haldie, she'll tell you everything and get trained perfectly", I said and she nodded.

Wow, she was so quiet. Hmm, it's good she knows how to behave professionally.

I worked for some hours and then left my office building for lunch with Aria. I saw Eva talking to some of the office colleagues while walking towards the exit.  She was so busy in talking that she didn't even notice my departures, she's so unaware.

I reached Aria's home in half an hour and she opened the door for me. She greeted me with a kiss on my lips and then I followed her inside.

"You make yourself comfortable, I'll bring the meal, I made myself for you today", she said.

"Ok", I said and sat down on the big couch. I don't know why but all of a sudden my mind started comparing Aria's home with Eva's.

Aria has the most beautiful house one could have with the most modern anterior designing and furniture and it had class but it missed something. It missed the cosiness, the peace which Eva's house had. It's beautiful but doesn't make me feel that happy which Eva's house does.

Isn't is way too strange?

"Here", Aria said placing bowl of Mexican salad and vegetable soup along with the juice.

"Thanks", I said and she smiled.

"So, what do you want to discuss?", She asked.

"Umm, actually I got to know yesterday that you and Eva had an unhappy meeting in past. How come you don't tell me about this?", I asked.

"Because I don't feel to", Aria said.

"But why? You could've told me, maybe I could make things good between you two", I said.

"C'mon Noah, I'm not five. I like taking care of my issues by myself. I don't feel to tell you each and every small problem, I'm grown up. And talking about that Miss. Stranger of yours, she's nothing to me. She's just an employee of yours and I don't befriend with employees", Aria said casually and I nodded.

Yeah, she's right. I guess I shouldn't be involved much into her affairs, I'm not her father.

"Ok then. I'm happy that you're fine with all this situation. You know I like this the most about you. You're just perfect. You're mature and very professional and I like you for that", I said.

"I wish your sister and mother also say same about me someday", Aria chuckled sadly.

"Hey, come here", I said embracing her into a tight hug.

"I can't say about my stepmom but yes Jessica would like you one day. I'll talk to her and only her choice matters to me. You don't have to worry about Jessica's mom, she's just my father's wife", I said.

"You're right but Noah, she's your mom and she cared for you. You should accept her now", Aria said.

"We will discuss it later. Now, just let me hug you", I said and she snuggled into my chest.

I can never accept her Aria, Never!!

--------------------------

Hey, cupcakes!! How's you guys?

How's the chapter? Do lemme know.

Vote, comments and share!

Instagram: soul.musical

Keep reading..
Love you all..
Aana.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 796 49
You met him on a thunderstorm night. Then he help you out from your fear You are a part timer now. So you shared your apartment with you only bff. Y...
5.8K 373 24
"Har lamha yun kal ko talash raha hai yeh dil, Guzri yaadon ko fir se jeena chah raha hai yeh dil, Koi mujhse bhi puch le kyu khamosh hai meri aankhe...
270K 12.3K 25
*Edited* Highest Rank: #56 in Romance // A rich guy wants a friend, to end his loneliness... A girl needs money, to help her sick brother... ...