Still Into You

By MelonDiaries

UNEDITED Allison Coleman has a not so perfect life. Things were starting to turn for the better for her. Sh... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Epilogue
Meeting Mr. Mogul

Nineteen

15.7K 502 13
By MelonDiaries

A/N: Hey guys! I'm sorry for the delay on the update since I was supposed to do it yesterday. I was hold up by school work. 

*SPOILER ALERT* (though this doesn't have details on the future content of the story)

There will be approximately, more or less, FIVE chapter's left! OMG!

And the story is going to get dramatic. I mean, really dramatic. It is bound to get there anyway. XD

Well. Enjoy and Happy reading!

P.S. I'll be putting up the roles for the characters. I hope you would like the people who I have in mind.

------

Nineteen

The drive back to my place was silent yet again. My painful morning turned wonderful and then sours, making this day the most tiring since I had my accident. This is more of the psychological sense of stress rather than physical. Since I’m finally healed up from my accident many, many weeks back, so physically I’m healthy as a horse. Now, I could finally do something more extreme the next weekend rather than gossiping, shopping, and dating.

“So, you’re meeting with Tristan and her wife tonight?” Logan asked, reeling me back to reality. It was his first words after I forgave him.

“Yes. We are having dinner together. Do you want to join us?” I asked with enthusiasm, smiling as I turned towards him. I caught myself as the words got out of my mouth, my face faltering a little.

“Uhm… You don’t mind?” He asked shyly as he kept his eye on the road, driving us back to the apartment.

“Uhm…” I answered back with a slight nod as I turned away from him, my face suddenly heating up.

In that moment, I wanted to hit myself. I don’t know what had driven me to ask those questions to him. It was so unlike me. But, I can’t take it back now. I’m not that rude and heartless. Thought, in truth, deep down I wanted him to stay with me some more and asking him to come along is the only way for my emotions to be covered.

“Don’t read too much on it. Take it as a ‘we are now friends’ invitation.” I mumbled out in defense when he didn’t say anything further.

“I would love to join you.” He said with a chuckle.

“Uhm…” I nod again in reply as I kept my face away from him.

When we got back to our place – okay, that didn’t sound right -, it was almost night time. The sun was about to set and the sky has a romantic feel to it. After he parked the car, I didn’t hesitate to get out and walked ahead first. I’m starting to get confused with how I was feeling towards Logan. It’s wasn’t like I’m not attracted to him. He is handsome in a very manly, boy-next-door, outdoorsy type. And the opposite of Andre, who is sophisticated and very business-like mogul. Two different men, which I’m both attracted too; but, one of them I have an interest in having a relationship with.

“Hey, are you okay?” Logan asked as he lightly patted my shoulder from behind.

I slightly jumped, startled by his voice. I didn’t know I stopped walked. We both stood outside the apartment building, facing each other. I turned away from him, feeling my face heating up under his steady gaze.

“I’m fine. Thank you.” I replied silently as I walked away from him towards the lobby.

When we reached our floor, we said a short goodbye as we both head inside out place to change for the evening. I was relieved to be inside the own place, to be by myself. I crushed down my sofa as I exhaustion took over me. Under the silence of the room, my thoughts started to run wild. Now, how am I supposed to explain to my brother and bestfriend about Logan tagging along? Before I could think of some excuse, someone knocked on my door.

“Ally? Are you there?” Annette called as her fist pounded harder on my door.

I stiffen half way towards the door. Now, I have to think something fast. I can’t get out of this without it looking like it’s something more. Why do I have this impulsive, speak my mind, personality?

“Ally! I know you are in there! Open up!” Annette shouted as my door started shaking as the bumping grew louder.

“Would you stop kicking my door? I’m coming.” I stated aloud, as I shook my thoughts at the back of my mind.

As I unlock the door, Annette barge in with vengeance, opening the door wide. She grabbed my wrist as she stomped towards my bedroom, giving me no time to react. She slammed the sliding door behind her that divides my room to the living room.

“Tell me everything. No shortcut. I need details.” She stated each word with conviction, her face stern and final.

I let out a huge sigh, knowing that I wouldn’t get out of this and slump in my bed. “Where do you want me to start?” I asked, calmly.

“Last night. How did your date go?” She asked, her expression turned exciting as her eyes glister in anticipation.

“This I would gladly tell in detail…” I stated with a grin.

So, I told Annette almost every detail of that night. I’m not going to tell everything that would reveal my feelings, but enough for her to know that I had a great time with a man who isn’t related to me. The talk lasted half an hour as the sky slowly darkens outside my window. Since I was so engrossed with the conversation, I had forgotten about the dinner we are having tonight. But, the world has its way of reminding me.

“Excuse me. But, are we still having dinner tonight?” Logan asked as his head pop in between the small opening of the sliding door.

“I’m hungry! Can we go now?” Tristan asked, whining as he pushes the door further to fit his head beside Logan’s.

“Wha… what are you…? Did you just hear our conversation?” I asked fumbling around my words, shocked to see them outside my door. I knew how thin it is. The sound particularly resonates around the apartment.

“Every word. I didn’t know you have a thing for a business man with a British accent.” Tristan remarked teasingly with a chuckle.

“Shut up, Tri!” I exclaimed in embarrassment, slightly annoyed at my brother, who I guessed let Logan in.

“Let’s go. We are hungry too.” Annette interjected, as he stood up and puts her hand in her belly with a smile.

“Uhm… Let’s go.” I agreed as I eyed my bestfriend with pride. “Oh. And, Logan is coming with us. I asked him.” I added shyly as I turn my head away from them to grab something in my desk.

“What? Can you say that again? I can’t hear you.” Annette asked, saying to words aloud.

I wanted to smack my bestfriend then and there, but she is currently pregnant and there are witnesses. So, I grabbed her arm as I pulled her with me towards the living room. When I knew we were a safe distance, I finally told her what I thought.

“When did you know Logan is coming with us?” I asked in hush tone as I grab my things which I stashed in the couch.

“He called us before we came over. He thought you would forget to tell us, so he did.” Annette whispered back with a smirk, her eye twinkling as some evil plot is taking shape on her head.

“Don’t you dare say nor do anything tonight. Understand.” I stated to her as I stared straight in her eyes, making my warning evident.

“Understood.” She replied seriously with a curt nod. But, after a few second, her face fell into a smirk again.

I never been an impulsive person, I’m not an ‘in the moment’ grab the opportunity gal, I was just stupid enough to be one in the wrong time. So, I have to deal with the consequences of this fall out, which involved being indirectly teased by my brother and bestfriend. This is going to be a long night.

We finally reached the restaurant where Tristan had given a reservation. It wasn’t a long drive to the location, but that few minutes of silence, sitting in the backseat with Logan in Tristan’s car created a lingering awkwardness from our talk that afternoon. So, you can feel the relief when I finally got out of the confine space and put more distance between us.

As the lady in the front desk lead us to out seat, I was slightly assessing the place while keeping tabs of Logan’s presence behind me. The only thing that I notice long enough to give me an impression to the restaurant was the huge fire place at the right side wall. The tables had a few meter distances from each other, which made privacy a luxury. So, I was that our table was on the furthest corner of the place, which gives us as much privacy as we needed.

After we gave our orders, silently reading the menu, we fell into silence for a moment before Annette started talking about her pregnancy experience. Though she may sound very self centered at the moment, I knew the real reason for her actions. She was helping me out as she smooth out some sort of tension between Logan and I. How can anyone overlook it? Since we are seating next to each other, the way I was leaning away gave a hint to the situation.

“So, are you two friends now or…?” Tristan asked trailing of as he studied me and Logan.

I stared at Tristan, by eyes split in slits as I gave him my back off look. And from the slight glint of his eyes as he stared back, tilting his head a bit, I knew he was teasing me and making me feel uncomfortable.

“So, how did the date go last night?” Annette interrupted our staring contest, which made me look away first.

“It was okay…” I replied, trailing off as I felt Logan’s eye on me.

“I actually met them at the bar they went. They were having a great time. Don’t worry about it guys, I know the guy well.” Logan stated after me, which made me turn and look at him.

“You saw each other last night?” Tristan and Annette asked in chorus, their shock faces identical.

“Yeah.” I replied the same time Logan said, “Yes.” We both turned and looked at each other the same time, and looked away in the same moment. I felt myself blush being caught saying and doing the same thing with the man I used to love.

I was grateful when the food finally came. It broke the short awkward moment, which resulted into rounds of hidden messages from my brother and bestfriend. I was glad that Logan stayed oblivious and didn’t question much with Tristan’s questions. I knew what he was trying to ask Logan. He wanted to know what he thought about me. Do I really want to know what he thinks of me?

I didn’t let that thought linger long and kept myself occupied with the food. It was great by the way; it upholds the standard of a five star restaurant. When we were finish, we didn’t stay long and head back to the apartment. From the way Tristan had parked his car and got out of the car, it was obvious they would be staying for a little while. Logan had to offer Tristan a tour to his place. Now, I have girl bonding time with Annette, which means interrogation time for me.

“So, tell me what happen this afternoon?” Annette asked as I close the main door of my apartment.

I sigh in resignation, knowing full well that it was coming and I didn’t have any escape on the matter. “He took me out to eat cake and we stopped by an amusement park.” I stated nonchalantly as I walked towards her, in the living room.

She looked at me as she sat in the couch, looking at home. She raises her eyebrow in question. “Are you seriously going to be difficult about this?” She asked with annoyance.

“Annette. What do you want me to say? Nothing happened between me and Logan. Nothing will ever happen between me and Logan. What do you expect?” I asked in frustration, feeling the pressure of the moment.

“Ally. I want you to be happy. I want to see you truly smile and be with someone you love. You are fooling yourself. Why do you pretend that you are okay when you are not?” Annette asked in the same tone as he stood up from the couch. Her eyebrow crunched up together in frustration.

“I am happy, Anne. I truly am. I’m not being some wannabe, or plastic, going all ‘Hey! Look at me! I’m single and have an awesome job. Plus, I’m dating a really, really hot guy!’” I stated, raising my voice in a higher octave as I imitate an overly enthusiastic person.

“Really? Are you certain about that? Because, I think I’m looking right at one!” She exclaimed in rage as she slowly walked towards me and stopped just an inch to my face. “I know you Allison. I may not have been there for eighteen years of your life, but I’ve been with you with the rest. I’ve seen you grow and I’ve seen you live your life. You do not look happy to me. Now, I know you still love him. Throughout college, throughout all the man that you’ve dated, you still love him.” She added softly as her face fall sympathetic.

“I don’t, Anne. You know it’s not like that.” I whispered in replied, my voice thick as my throat runs dry.

Annette suddenly raps me in to an embrace and holds me under her arm for a moment; a moment that seemed like a lifetime. I know what she was trying to tell me, but I wasn’t ready to admit that fact. I just recently recovered myself as a part of my past is laid to rest. My heart wasn’t ready to admit anything that risky. And as she remained silent, I think she knew that too.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 1.1K 40
The second in the Gone trilogy. Sequel to Gone. ❝If it's meant to be, they'll come back. ❞ I knew how I wanted my love story to play out. Only, this...
79 0 9
Morgan is going back to school, again. Studying to be a chef specializing in confectionery, Morgan's had an eventful and tumultuous start to life. Ev...
4.5K 94 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
8.1K 1.1K 35
***FEATURED NA ROMANCE*** What happens if your fiction comes true? Eva considers herself realistic person rather than romantic. Her best friend insi...