Every Second [COMPLETED]

By joymoment

"Honestly one of the best books I've read" - mywayforme "I'll take it from here," Sebastian said. "Ms. Dawson... More

Dang! Check out that cast!
OH NO! 😱 Author's Note! Run for it!
Chapter 1 - "Well, it's about time!"
Chapter 2 - "The last album failed."
Chapter 3 - "Is this even real?"
Chapter 4 - "I would look terrible with facial hair."
Chapter 5 - "I'm a cat lady!"
Chapter 6 - "Your parents must be really proud."
Chapter 7 - "Hey troublemaker."
Chapter 8 - "Sebastian is not here."
Chapter 9 - "Who is this fool?"
Chapter 10 - "I'm off to face my death."
Chapter 11 - "I believe in you and I'll wear ear plugs."
Chapter 12 - "Can I ask you a question?"
Chapter 13 - "He still has a girlfriend."
Chapter 14 - "You two are a bit too dramatic."
Chapter 15 - "I'd like you to meet my girlfriend, Lennon Kayhill."
Chapter 16 - "What happened?"
Chapter 17 - "Do you want to throw on a shirt and we can get working?"
Chapter 18 - "You done?"
Chapter 19 - "Sebastian-"
Chapter 20 - "It's a long story."
Chapter 21 - "Would it help if I ran at you?"
Chapter 22 - "I've decided my only option is to go mad."
Chapter 23 - "How'd you escape?"
Chapter 24 - "I don't know why. Maybe it was my fault."
Chapter 25 - "You're forcing our friendship?"
Chapter 26 - "Hey Farewell!"
Chapter 27 - "And welcome home, I guess."
Chapter 28 - "How many girlfriends have you had?"
Chapter 29 - "Aims, I'll take your company in whatever form I can have it."
Chapter 31 - "I didn't want to look too eager."
Chapter 32 - "Show offs."
Chapter 33 - "Say something."
Chapter 34 - "I did the right thing?"
Chapter 35 - "Dance with me."
Chapter 36 - "Smooth. I give it a ten out of ten for tact."
Chapter 37 - "Aims, I don't want you to get hurt."
Chapter 38 - "I never wanted this!"
Chapter 39 - "I can't! You don't understand. I can't do this!"
Chapter 40 - "I wouldn't bail."
Chapter 41 - "What are you doing here?"
Chapter 42 - "Five months isn't that long."
Chapter 43 - "Priorities change."
Chapter 44 - "I miss you, Aims."
Chapter 45 - "I actually don't believe you."
Chapter 46 - "Don't forget me."
Chapter 47 - "Only forty days left until I see you again."
Chapter 48 - "Was it worth waiting five months?"
Chapter 49 - "Aims. I have a confession to make."
Epilogue
An Honest Thank You!
When Amelia Met Will (Deleted Scene)
Amelia's Final Work Day with Sebastian (Deleted Scene)
Amelia meeting Charlie in D.C. over tour (Deleted Scene)

Chapter 30 - "I just forgot that, he's Sebastian Colfax."

46.2K 2.5K 736
By joymoment

Amelia pushed open the apartment door, her clothes clinging to her body and chilling her skin. She pulled off her sodden shoes and left them to drown quietly by the door, along with her socks. Stepping lightly she made it to her room without slipping, but trailed behind her a stream of rain drops.

Dry clothes encasing her, she left her room, walking back to the main area and pausing at the sight of a suitcase.

"Charlie?"

His door opened and he walked out, a towel working its way through his tangle of wet hair.

"Aims!"

He pulled her into a hug and she laughed. A cough from behind her startled them apart.

"Hey Amelia," Natalie said, smiling.

"Hi Nat."

Amelia's eyes jumped to Charlie raising her eyebrows questioningly.

"We were just unloading the suitcases when it started raining and we had parked two blocks away. I figured Natalie would like to change into dry clothes before heading home," Charlie said, meeting Amelia's smirk with a pointed look.

"Okay. Well since you're here Nat, you want to stay for tea? I need something warm," Amelia said.

"Sure," Natalie said.

"Might as well make toast too, and eggs. I'm starving," Charlie said.

They crowded into the kitchen, bustling around each other in the cramped space and adding another layer of warmth to the apartment with hot toast, tea and their easy conversations. Rain drops dashed themselves against the window, leaving rivers of water running down the glass. The thundering roar of the storm and the constant pattering of the droplets became the soundtrack to the stories Charlie and Natalie shared of D.C.

"I have to head home, but thank you both for such a wonderful time. I've never had this much fun on a rainy day before," Natalie said, cheerily.

"Then you should always come over when it rains because this is pretty normal for us," Charlie joked.

"Is that an open invitation?" she asked, coyly.

Charlie's words got caught in his throat at the look on her face and he swallowed hard.

"Yes it is," Amelia said, stealing the words from Charlie's mind.

Natalie smiled at Amelia in a conspiratorial way.

"Thanks for coming to D.C. with me, I mean all of us, Charlie. You definitely saved the trip from being boring at times. I'll see you Monday," Natalie said, moving to the door.

Amelia turned on her brother, shoving his shoulder and giving him a pointed nod toward Natalie. He jumped into action and hurried to the door, managing to open it for her with a dimpled smile.

"See you Monday Nat. And thanks for inviting me."

Charlie closed the door slowly and stood there motionless. Amelia leaned over the back of the couch.

"So Romeo, how did the trip really go?" Amelia asked.

Charlie started, glaring at her. Amelia raised her eyebrows suggestively.

"So..."

Charlie gave his watch a quick look.

"Well its late, and I had a long day, I think I'm just going to call it a night and head to bed," Charlie said.

"Charles Robert Dawson if you leave without telling me what happened I swear I will tell Natalie you like her."

Angrily he faced her, body tense as if fighting the urge to just ignore he threat and leave anyways.

"Come on Charlie, I want to know what happened," Amelia pleaded.

His shoulders sagged and he walked back to the family room, slumping into the arm chair.

"She's perfect Aims. I mean seriously, the woman doesn't have a single flaw. I thought that maybe she would be someone different when we left New York. I have no idea why. But she was still amazing. She's brilliant, funny and beautiful and it terrifies me."

Charlie put his head in his hands, his voice becoming muffled.

"Seriously, Aims I really like this girl and have absolutely no idea what to do about it. I thought of asking her out but I'm constantly busy. She deserves everything and I feel completely inadequate to give it to her. Do you know what I'm saying?" Charlie asked, looking up at her.

"My dearest Charles. I think she's less needy than you think she is. And I know she's more willing to agree to dating you than you think."

"I'm just terrified," he said with a shaky laugh, looking into his hands.

He fell back into the chair, his eyes going skyward.

"Where's mom you need her? I could use some of her advice right now."

The room filled with a heavy silence as voices from the past edged forward. Amelia sighed breaking the moment.

"I missed you, Aims."

"I missed you too Charlie. And I don't know what mom would say right now. But I know she would tell you not to be afraid of stepping out into something that feels scary."

Charlie nodded and stood. He stepped over to her and kissed the top of her head.

"Thanks Aims. I am going to go sleep. The long drive is catching up with me," he said.

She nodded and his footsteps faded and died behind the closed door. Amelia sat with the ghosts of her parents for a second longer, watching the clouds cry relentless over the city.

*****************

The front door banged open and Poppy walked over to the arm chair, tossed herself on to it.

"Aims, I'm in love!" she said dramatically.

Amelia sat bolt upright, fixing Poppy with a shocked expression.

"Oh calm yourself Aims. I'm talking about London. I've missed it so much. I have no idea why my parents ever decided to leave it, its so wonderful. William took me everywhere. We went to the theater."

"We have theaters here."

"He took me driving up the coast."

"We have a coast here."

"We explored the city together, walking everywhere. No matter what the weather and had lunch in pubs. It was perfect."

Poppy's eyes were unfocused, lost in a jumble of happy thoughts.

"Earth to Poppy, anything else you want to tell me...I don't know...Like how you're in love with my best friend."

Poppy jerked upward a clear look of defense shrieking across her face.

"Can't blame you really, any girl in London, no the whole of England would be over the moon for a guy like Will." Amelia shrugged carelessly. "Though you're the only girl he's ever spent that much time with."

The comment had the desired effect, Poppy's whole manner shifted and melted into barely contained smugness.

"Its a pity you don't like him. Will called and let slip that he kind of liked you, though I could be mistaken. Oh well. He'll move on eventually. I'm hungry you want some cereal?" Amelia asked, standing.

"Amelia Ellie Dawson if you take one more step, I swear I will tell everyone in Juilliard Sebastian Colfax is your best friend. And leave you to deal with the aftermath of people constantly badgering you! Now tell me exactly what William said."

A self satisfied smile broke across Amelia's lips. She turned back to Poppy.

"Fine, I'll tell you, but what does it matter, you don't like him," Amelia said.

Poppy worked to keep her features neutral.

"So I might find him, cute and interesting, but I'm not admitting that I like him...yet."

The laugh tumbled off Amelia's lips before she could contain it, slapping her hands over her mouth. Poppy gave her an annoyed look.

"He said that he already liked you," Amelia said.

She worried for a second that Poppy wouldn't think this adequate enough, but was proven wrong when Poppy's smile burst from her lips. She quickly left her chair and joined Amelia on the couch. She backtracked telling her all the details of the trip, how much time she had spent with Will and how well they had gotten along.

************

A week later, Danny tapped Amelia on the shoulder and she jerked back.

"You alright?" Danny asked.

Amelia nodded. The rehearsal room was filled with the sound of latches being clicked in place as the band members stored their instruments away for the day. A hum of discussion mixed with the preparations for departure, questioning tones answered by uncertain statements.

"What's up Danny?" Amelia said.

"I was wondering what you're up to now, for the rest of the day I mean?"

"I don't know, homework, sleep. Why?"

"Do you know what today is?"

"Saturday?"

Danny's laugh was bright.

"I meant do you know what came out today?"

"I don't know and since you obviously know something I don't, why don't you enlighten me, oh wise one."

Danny gave her an amused smile.

"Bash's single came out today, Alone In The City," Danny said.

Brain tired and riddled with notes and thoughts about rehearsal and song details, Danny's announcement made a slow progress to Amelia's comprehension. Suddenly it hit her and her face broke into an excited smile.

"Have you heard it yet?" she asked. "How does it sound? He played it for me in the recording studio I wonder if he changed it all. Do you have it?"

Danny laughed and nodded, pulling out his phone to play her the song. In the quiet space Sebastian's voice ran out, vibrating through the tiny speakers. The song ended and Amelia looked at Danny, her own delight in the end product mirrored in his face.

"It's seriously one of his best songs. I can't for certain say that it's my favorite off the album but its definitely fighting for the top spot," Amelia said, energetically.

"You want to go tell him that, he's still filming his music video today. I was going to stop by and say hi for a second. You should come with me. How long has it been anyways since you've seen him?"

"A little over two weeks."

Danny pulled the door open for her and followed her out. "Then its settled you'll come with me."

Beyond the barricade holding back hundreds of fans stood cameras, lights, chairs and filming equipment; conquering the city block where Sebastian was filming. A cool spring breeze raced through the chaos, bringing with it the scent of car fumes. The body guard who had let Danny and Amelia onto the set directed them to a couple of directors chairs.

Amelia took in her hectic surroundings. Her eyes finally landed on Sebastian. He was standing on the sidewalk, talking to a tall, round man with a very full beard. Sebastian's expression was concentrated with a slight scowl. He nodded as the man kept talking. The two of them seemed to come to an understanding and the man left Sebastian, who was then quickly approached by two other people.

One person set down a chair and Sebastian sat patiently while a woman, with white hair worked with his hair. Once finished, she left and two more people hurried up to Sebastian, one of them seizing his chair, while the other took his jacket from him, leaving him in a rolled up button down shirt.

Amelia watched Sebastian with a mild sense of curiosity, seeing him in a new light, seeing him as he really was to everyone else, Sebastian Colfax, famous, international singer.

Sebastian walked back along the sidewalk, stopping.

"Playback," the director called through a megaphone.

Sebastian's voice floated from speaker nearby.

"Action!"

Sebastian ran forward, a mounted camera following his progress. He stopped, looking around him, his expression lost and confused.

"Hold!"

Sebastian stayed motionless as a girl, who looked a few years older than Amelia with a pretty face and brown hair pulled back, stepped on to the sidewalk and stood behind him.

"Action."

The girl tapped Sebastian on the shoulder and he spun to face her, a smile cutting across his face. They moved slowly so they were both in front of the camera, the final chorus of Sebastian's song drifting over them. Sebastian smiled down at the girl and kissed her.

Amelia's stomach clenched and she looked away from them.

"Aims, you alright?" Danny asked, looking over at her.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Amelia said, dropping his scrutinizing gaze. "Do you know who she is?"

"Probably some actress or model, possibly."

Amelia made no response. The director yelled cut and Sebastian broke away from the girl. Four people appeared beside him. Someone helped him into his jacket. Another one handed him a cup of something steaming. Someone else held a camera before him and the last person raised a hand pausing Sebastian.

"We just need the ending to the behind the scenes," the woman who had stopped him said.

He nodded, a smile forced onto his face.

"Okay whenever you're ready," the woman said.

"Thanks for watching the behind the scenes of my latest music video, Alone In The City. I'll be releasing the full album this May so keep an eye out for it and I look forward to see you during my tour. Bye," Sebastian said, his voice cheery and inviting.

Amelia watched, impressed how easily he slipped into the other personality. She smiled his words coming back to her, 'Its just one side of the same dice.' Once the camera was gone, Sebastian's face dropped.

He walked over to where Danny and Amelia where standing. Someone walked up to him and asked him something. With a brief answered received they moved away. Sebastian didn't notice Danny or Amelia until he was right in front of them.

"Hey," Amelia said.

Sebastian started, his focus locking on them. Amelia's smile brightened at his surprise, but fell slightly as his expression went from shocked to overwhelmed.

"Aims, what are you doing here?" he asked.

His tone wasn't harsh, but Amelia felt like it had been.

"Danny brought me." She pointed to Danny standing beside her. "We wanted to come say hi."

Danny gave a small wave. Sebastian looked at both of them, reaching up to run his hand through his hair.

"Mr. Colfax please don't touch your hair," the white haired woman called out.

Sebastian's hand froze a few inches above his head and he raised it in surrender.

"Alright Margaret," Sebastian said.

"Whose the girl?" Amelia asked, before she could stop herself.

His head jerked up and he looked at her vaguely.

"Just some actress we hired."

A tension settled around them and Amelia shuffled her feet uncomfortably, unsure of what to say next.

"Look I'm glad you guys come...just right now." His hand instinctively moved up to his hair again.

"Mr. Colfax, don't touch your hair!"

A hint of annoyance flashed across Sebastian's face and he dropped his hand.

"How's it going so far?" Danny asked.

At the question Sebastian's expression morphed to one of mild irritation and he shrugged.

"Its been a rough going today and we've been working since this morning. Thanks for coming but..." His hand mindlessly reached for his hair once again.

"Sebastian! Don't touch your hair!"

Sebastian's hand clenched into a fist and lowered to his side, his expression going from frustrated to worn out. A girl approached him.

"Mr. Wilson is looking over the last take and needs you. Also Diana said come to the trailer, for a new shirt," she said hurriedly.

Sebastian nodded and looked back at Amelia and Danny.

"I'm sorry but it's not a good time. I need to go," Sebastian said, already walking away.

The abruptness of his departure startled Amelia, and she stayed planted to the spot before Danny tugged on her arm. She looked at him and he nodded in the direction they had come.

"Let's go. He's busy."

Amelia rode in silence back to her apartment, Danny accepting it without question. Her mind whirred with the image of hundreds of girls screaming for Sebastian and Sebastian himself surrounded by assistants, and crew members.

Danny tapped Amelia on the shoulder, pulling her from the chaos of her thoughts.

"What?" Amelia asked.

He pointed out the window. She realized they were at her apartment. She placed her hand on the handle, but Danny's hand on her arm made her pause.

"Aims, are you alright?"

"I just forgot that he's Sebastian Colfax," Amelia said, emphasizing his name.

"True, but you do know he cares about you, right?" Danny asked, his eyes searching her face.

She gave him a short smile and tugged away from his hold.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Danny."

He nodded and waved to her as she shut the door behind her.

Charlie looked up, surprised as she walked in. He glanced at his watch, then back at her.

"Hey, I thought you would still be at rehearsal," Charlie said.

"Um, no we didn't work as long today."

"You finish just a little bit ago?"

"No, Danny and I went to visit Bash on the set of his music video," Amelia said, her focus floating from him, to a spot on the carpet in front of the couch.

"How'd it go?" Charlie asked, trying to read in her face the effect of the day's events.

Amelia shrugged and roused herself from her thoughts.

"It helped me remember what world I live in. I'm going to head to bed. I'm not sure the next time I'll have this much time to sleep in the next month and a half. Night Charlie," Amelia said, already walking towards her room.

"Aims, are you alright?" Charlie asked, his worry clear in his voice as well as his face.

"Yeah, Charlie I'm fine," Amelia said, her voice flat.

**********************************************************************

Hi!

Okay favorite music video? I'm totally a sucker for You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift. It's just so perfect!

Vote, comment, follow. Go watch a million music videos! Cause why not!?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 8.2K 99
#1 - Shocks & #1 - Drums 6-10-20 #1 - Guitar 14/2/20 "Why did you come here tonight?" He whispers, looking down at my lips in frustration. He's fight...
~Reality~ By ~Ava~

General Fiction

1.3K 414 28
Ava only ever kept two big secrets from her parents. One, was that she played soccer, and the second was.. well... she was an online singing sensatio...
1.8M 36.4K 50
|HIGHEST RANKING| #1 in freeyourbody on 06/15/19 #9 in love on 09/02/19 #1 in bodypositivity on 11/09/19 #1 in betrayal on 01/11/20 "How much Tyler...
133K 6K 29
When Harlow accidentally takes the wrong bag at school she discovers a journal written by a mysterious, tortured boy inside. She becomes obsessed wit...