Past or Present #1

Bởi background21

There is a Past and then there is a Present. What should be our choice? To go along with the Past, feeling th... Xem Thêm

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Epilogue
Sneak Peak!(Prologue)

Chapter 22

1.1K 106 16
Bởi background21

*Manohar Pov*

I tapped my finger on the table continuously and I am sure I would have made a hole in it by now if it is possible.

Where is she? I thought, glancing at the door again and at my mobile. I can't wait anymore than these two days with anticipation.

Maybe she is having second thoughts! That thought came and I immediately crossed it not even wishing to think about it.

Is she fine? I asked myself and glanced at the clock to see it is near to lunchtime, making me realize for hours I am sitting here just doing the tapping.

"What is it Bhai? We talked only yesterday, right? I thought you would be too busy and may even forget me by now." Pallavi rambled the moment she lifted my call.

"She is not here." I simply stated.

"Oh! Maybe she is feeling tired and decided to take a rest." She offered but I shook my head.

"She didn't message or called me." I added.

"I don't know what to say. I wish I was there so that I can call her asking why is she not at the office but she will doubt when yesterday only we talked." She said sighing.

"I know!" I mumbled frowning.

"That's why I said I will not go for this stupid thing." She grumbled.

"I will give her a call." I said ignoring her comment.

"Sure!" she encouraged and we hung up.

I selected her contact and contemplated whether to call her or not. But then within a second pressed the call button.

I opened my mouth to say when I heard the call being lifted but heard a small sound of her saying 'hello' making me frown.

"Are you crying?" I asked sitting straight.

"Manohar? I... I..." she stammered and I heard more sniffles.

"I don't want to cry." She said and I tightened my grip on the mobile.

"Is your leg paining? That's why I said to give it a rest but you didn't listen. I will be there." I said, but I immediately heard her shouting 'Go away'.

"What?" I asked, frowning.

"He is here, Manohar. I... he left in the morning, but now he returned again and begging me to open the door and talk to him. I don't know what to do. I really don't want to cry and I even have to pick Sudhir today. I don't want to break my promise to him, but I don't want him to see my crying face." She continued to babble and I heard her crying with such emotion that I staggered back.

"Who is here, Kalpana?" I asked softly, even after feeling the dread.

"My ex-husband!" she replied between sniffles.

"Why don't you calm down and wash your face. I will be there." I mumbled after a few minutes of silence.

"Okay!" she mumbled hanging up.

Nothing can go for good once in my life, right? I asked myself closing my eyes and opened them feeling more dread.

I immediately called Pallavi and waited for her to lift the call while mind went to all directions.

"So, what happened?" she asked lifting up.

"He is here." I replied fisting my other hand.

"Who?" she asked in a confused tone.

"Jay went up to meet Kalpana." I explained.

"What? What is he doing near her?" she screamed.

"He is begging her to talk it seems." I replied, trying to keep my thoughts away.

"How dare he!" she said and I can totally hear the anger.

"Maybe he realized his mistake and came back for her." I said and closed my eyes, rubbing my forehead feeling bad with just that thought.

"No! That can never happen. Ask her to stay away from him." She said and I let out a humorous chuckle.

"What is it?" she asked and I can hear the confusion replacing the anger.

"What right, I have to distance her from him?" I asked back.

"Just the right, which you had to distance her from every admirer, she got." She retorted making me frown.

"I know, but this is different." I said winding up my thoughts.

"How is this any different? You should be more eager to make him stay away than those other guys." She said retreating her anger.

"He was her husband, Pallavi. She loved him or maybe still love him. I can't do anything and I shouldn't do anything. She will never forgive me and... and it is her choice to choose." I explained.

"That is the worst thing I have heard from you. Please, don't do this. She is good for you and vice-versa. Don't make some person who had already hurt her near to her. Make her stay away from him." She pleaded.

"No! It is her choice and if she wants to see him then she should. If she wants to vent up her anger at him, then she should. If she wants to be back... back with him, then she should." I said and felt my weak voice.

"Don't do this stupidity." She scolded.

"I have decided." I said, nodding to myself and she sighed, knowing well she can't do anything if I decide something.

"I just hope you will not regret this and I hope she chooses you." She said hanging up while I walked towards the door.

Now, she needs me and I can't sit here dwelling on to my thoughts. I nodded to myself and left the company for her house.

When I saw no one is there, I got out before making my way towards her door. I knocked and heard her same shout like in the phone.

"It's me." I said and after a few minutes I heard the door click and open with a force.

She stared at me before throwing her arms around me and hugged me tightly. When she started sniffing, I pushed her back a little before closing the door.

"It's ok!" I mumbled, rubbing her back.

"How dare him to come to my house?" she asked, moving her head to stare at me but didn't move away from my arms.

"Did you drink something?" I asked, to which she nodded closing her eyes.

"He came two times already. What should I do?" she asked, opening her eyes and stared at me expecting me to answer.

"Why don't we go out?" I asked and she reluctantly nodded before we both walked out of her house, locking it and got inside my car.

"Had lunch?" I asked, glancing at her while she is staring outside.

"No!" she replied in a small voice.

"Why don't we take out and talk after finishing lunch?" I asked and she nodded.

I took the parcel nodding at the counter and started driving after placing it in the back seat of the car.

"Thanks for not making me walk inside the restaurant." She suddenly said and I nodded.

"This is not that proper lunch, but I know only this junk will be there ready to take out." I said and she nodded back.

"Here we go." I mumbled parking the car near a park.

"Thanks." She mumbled when I handed her the burger.

"There is coke too." I added, giving her the cup.

"Now, what do you actually want to do?" I asked turning towards her.

"That's what I don't know." She mumbled groaning.

"What did you felt when you saw him today?" I asked not being to stop myself and sat stiffened waiting for her answer.

"When I saw him... everything flashed before my eyes. Each and everything from meeting him for the first time, out marriage to the door that was slammed on my face and then the encounter at his advocate's office." She said and glanced at her trembling hands.

I placed my hand on them and squeezed them to which she closed her eyes leaning back on the seat.

"Did he say anything?" I asked, to which she turned her face towards me opening her eyes.

"In the morning, he didn't say anything or I didn't hear anything. But in... in the afternoon he was pleading me to talk to him or at least listen to him." She replied and I nodded.

"Do you want to talk to him?" I asked, to which she frowned.

"No! I thought I was over the hurt and anger, but it is still here." She replied and gave me a look of the vulnerable feeling she must be having.

"It never goes." I mumbled and pulled her into my arms, hoping she will feel fine.

"What should I do?" she asked murmuring.

"Why am I even asking you? When I never told you what actually happened." She added before I could say anything and moved back.

"Should I tell you?" she asked when I stayed calm.

"If you want to only. I don't mind if you do not want to get a repeat show." I replied remembering her before the words.

"No! It is mean to take your support without you knowing what you are supporting for." She mumbled and dwelled into the story while I sat listening without uttering a word.

"You are the strongest woman I have ever seen." I said, letting out my opinion making her give me a curious look.

"If it is about a single mother thing, then many are there like that and even your mom is one of them." She pointed out.

"Trust me! Among the women I know, you are the top one." I said with complete confidence to which she frowned but sighed.

"I thought so much about today and never all this." She mumbled and the words were in my mouth to ask what did she thought but she suddenly sat up.

"I know this is not fair, but I need someone's advice. If I ask Jhanvi or Pallavi then theirs will be tainted with complete female thinking. I need to think about Sudhir too. He actually knows my house and coming as he wish which I cannot let Sudhir see. He will be disturbed by all the drama." She continued to talk and I placed a hand on her shoulder making her stop.

"Breath!" I advised and she nodded, doing exactly that.

"Please advise me what to do." She added the next words and I kept myself from groaning.

"Meet him and know what he wants." I said, looking away from her and immediately felt her gaze.

"Wow!" she mumbled and I only turned to meet her stare.

"What?" I asked her to which she shook her head.

"I... I didn't expect that suggestion." She replied and I gave a small snort.

"If you don't meet then he will keep on coming which you don't want to put Sudhir to. By this you can know what he wants without breaking your head." I pointed out.

"You are right!" she said in a surprised tone.

"And I don't want Sudhir to see him until I know what he wants now." She added and I nodded understanding her while she just stared at me.

"Shall we go?" I asked, turning the key.

"Where?" she asked making me chuckle.

"We need to pick Sudhir." I reminded making her eyes widen and she immediately glanced at her watch.

"How is my face?" she asked, moving her head to show left and right.

"Beautiful!" I replied and she stilled before backing away.

"Thank you!" she mumbled and sat properly.

"If you didn't come then I would have either met him with a crying face or not reached the school at all." She commented when we reached the school.

"I want to say something." I said when I stopped the car making her turn towards me.

"What is it?" she asked, frowning when I didn't continue.

"No matter what, I will be there for you. I mean the words no matter what." I said honestly and her lips parted with shock covering her face.

"They are coming out." I added and unlocked the door, making her slowly nod and open the door from her side.

"Mom!" we heard Sudhir shout and he rushed near to her.

"You are early... and he is here." We heard another voice and turned to see Jhanvi walking towards us from outside and Harsha immediately rushed towards her.

"Long story!" Kalpana mumbled, but I held her hand.

"She needs to know so that she can do something if she needs to." I said to which she slowly nodded and glanced at Sudhir.

"I will be with him and even send Harsha here." I added and she nodded, giving a smile before walking towards Jhanvi.

"So, how was school today?" I asked when Harsha reached near us and both of them burst out saying one thing after other.

"Uncle?" Sudhir asked, tugging his shirt end.

"What is it?" I asked smiling.

"My legs are paining." He replied, lifting his arms while I stilled.

Is he asking me to lift him up? Should I dare to do that? Can I, really? I continued to question myself but bent before lifting him up and held him closely.

"Thank you, Uncle." He said smiling and kissed my cheek while my hand trembled I placed on his back.

Don't lose it now, Manohar! She already has too much on the plate and don't go adding on your emotions. Go home and then dwell in them.

"Shall we go?" I heard her voice and turned to see her giving a wary glance at Jhanvi who seems to be fuming.

"Sure!" I replied and turned making her register me holding her son.

"Sudhir! Didn't I tell you not to disturb him?" she asked, frowning, making Sudhir frown and move to get down.

"Don't scold him! He was not disturbing me." I said, making him smile at me while she frowned at me.

"If he is near your house then Sudhir will be staying with me." Jhanvi stated making all of to stare at her.

"Fine!" Kalpana mumbled and we got inside with her sitting in the passenger seat and the other three sat behind.

"Thanks for the lift." Jhanvi said in an embarrassed tone like she just remembered it.

"There is no need for that." I said, waving her off and reached their place in no time.

I glanced outside to see no one and no car too. I turned to see Kalpana doing the same thing and turned towards me.

"Want to come for some coffee?" she asked opening the door.

"Some other time! Now have some rest." I replied and she nodded.

"And if you want me to look after Sudhir when you go and meet him, let me know." I added.

"There is no need. Jhanvi will..." she started to say, but I cut her off.

"She will be busy until the evening. I don't want you to meet him in the evening. It's been too many years and I don't think you should take risks with your safety. It is better if it is daylight and some public place." I said making her frown at me with irritation.

"I know that I don't have a right to tell you what to do, but I wish you keep in mind all this." I added and she slowly nodded before getting out joining Sudhir and Harsh while Jhanvi gave me an amused glance before moving out.

Have I done the right thing? That's the question that kept on pounding in my head all the time I drove back to my place.

*Jay Pov*

Dammit! I cursed driving back not knowing what to do. Where did she go? She was here a few hours back and now she is missing.

Maybe I shouldn't have left her place in the afternoon. Is she at her any friend's place? I thought, frowning.

It will be better if I come tomorrow and not at night. I am sure the neighborhood will not allow if I create any disturbance.

I just... I just need a chance to ask for forgiveness and then we can get back together. I even have a son whom I don't know anything about.

All I need is little time so that she can calm down and I can talk and then everything will be back to normal.

"Jay? Is that you?" I heard the weak voice the moment I walked inside the house.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, frowning at her.

"Did you bring him?" she asked, looking behind me and moved to stand up.

"Mom! You were supposed to be in bed. You can't keep on coming down." I said, frowning and moved to help her.

"Jay..." she started saying, but coughed.

"I will not listen to anything." I stated and took her to the room.

"Now, you should take a rest." I added covering her with a blanket and moved to walk away.

"Where is my grandson?" she asked weakly.

"I haven't even met your grandson, Mom. I didn't get a chance to even talk to her." I replied frowning at her.

"But why? You are his father and I want to meet him." She said with tears.

"Mom! Don't talk like you don't know anything. They both should have been beside me from the beginning, but now it will be hard to be with them or even glance at them." I said in hard voice making her close eyes.

"I just... I just want to see him before I die." She mumbled.

"I know! Just take rest and do not be downstairs again." I said, softening my voice and walked out of her room closing the doors.

After entering my room, I let the anger show. I glared at everything before sitting on my bed holding my head.

What have I done to deserve all this? I thought shaking my head and I just hope tomorrow I can talk to her and then they both can come back home to me.

---------------------------------------------

i hope i can give long ones like this only throughout the story :P anyway i suddenly got a thought i am dragging it but i again felt like i need to say every important point right when i need to base other series on this story too... in other words if anyone is feeling dragged or something then i want to say Jhanvi's is next which is more exciting for me actually anyway... i really hope no one feels it to be dragged...

and about mysteries thing just a little more wait and then they will burst out completely without any pause or something... because once it start they will not stop...

how is the chap???

comment plz and vote...

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

230K 8.1K 13
Everything is set. Bride is ready and also Groom for a perfect Indian wedding. Parents of both Bride and Groom are happy as they have good name in so...
523K 21K 39
# 1 in General Fiction as on 11-03-2017 A Gasp escapes my mouth looking at my accidental husband kissing those three girls one after other ...... Tea...
683K 28.2K 61
A girl who grows up not knowing anything about mother's love and tries her best to win the Father's love who is the only family she has. But alas, h...
23.3K 1K 40
𝘏𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘰𝘢𝘭𝘴...