Breaking The Rules

Por lost_misfits

"Everyone thinks they know my story, the story of Peter Pan and Wendy Darling. The story of a nice little gir... Mais

Authors Note:
Chapter 1: The beginning
Chapter 2: Breaking Point
Chapter 3: You never forget about your Fears
Chapter 4: The shadows secret
Chapter 5: Your crazy
Chapter 6: That wouldnt be much fun would it?
Chapter 7: Lost girl
Chapter 8: The hard truth
Chapter 9: Haunted dreams
Chapter 10: He will hurt you
Chapter 11: Family doesn't hurt family
Happy Birthday!!!
Just FYI
Chapter 12: Scars
Chapter 13: Be selfish and cruel
Chapter 14: I can take care of myself
Chapter 15: Nederland's Savior
Chapter 16: I'm not as bad as they say
Chapter 17: Hide and Seek
Chapter 18: Leave with me
Chapter 19: Villain
Important!
Chapter 20: Just started
Just FYI!!
Chapter 21: Falling apart...again.
Chapter 22: Festering Feelings
Chapter 23: Darkness
Chapter 24: I Hate It
Chapter 25: Day
Chapter 26: Its Pan
Chapter 27: Welcome to Storybrooke
Chapter 28: Worst First Day Ever
Chapter 30: Not Turning Back
Chapter 31: Operation Blue Bird
Chapter 32: Our lost Girl
Chapter 33: Drowning Thoughts
Chapter 34: Peter Pan and Neverland
Chapter 35: As Usual
Chapter 36: Dark Secrets
Chapter 37: Like Home
Chapter 38: No Happy Endings
Chapter 39: Going Home
Chapter 40: Hero?
Chapter 41: Taking Hearts
Chapter 42: Doesn't Belong
Chapter 43: Pain Is Beautiful
Chapter 44: Never Forgotton
Chapter 45: The Trees
Chapter 46: The Forest of Fears
Chapter 47:Light and Darkness
Chapter 48: Cold and Broken
Chapter 49: Playing Games
Chapter 50: Warnings
Chapter 51: Confessions
Chapter 53: Never Fail
CONFUSION
Chapter 54: Moving On
Chapter 55: Lost Battles
Chapter 56: Do Anything
Chapter 57: Hostage
Chapter 58: A Last Attempt at Redemption

Chapter 52: Stay Crazy

690 12 14
Por lost_misfits

🔥Must read! 🔥
Guys! I went back and edited the ending of the last chapter! YOU MUST READ THE NEW ENDING OR YOU WILL BE SUPER CONFUSED! Sorry. I just hated the cheesy ending that it hurt me.
🔥Must read! 🔥

Peter's POV

I walk out the tent, my heart still racing. I smirked thinking of how happy I was in the moment. "Pan?" Parker repeats.

I snap back to reality. "Yes Parker?" He nods. "As I was saying," he begins to walk. I walk with him. Many of the boys were out of bed and were crowded at one of the tents. Nicks I suppose.

"His bunk mate, Cole, reported to me saying that he saw Nick leaving the tent and then camp." We reached the tent were the boys were gathered around Cole who was trying to answer as many questions that were being thrown at him.

"Boys. Back to bed, I need to talk to Cole." I turn to Parker. "Thank you for your services." I leaned in. "And just forget about what you saw." I pulled away and raised an eyebrow. He nodded and walked back to his tent.

"Now Cole, which way did you see Nick go." I said turning to him.

"I saw him go down the waterfall trail." He said with a sort of adrenalin. I nodded. "Now go back to bed." I said walking away. "Wait Pan." He hesitantly said. I turned back around, with a sort of annoyance in my eyes.

"I also heard someone arguing. D-Do you know who it was?" He asked. I turned around. "I didn't hear anything. Now bed." I said over my shoulder. He silently walked back in his tent without another word.

I walked down the path, my thoughts running wild. What did she do to me? How does someone make you confess the feeling you didn't even know you had.

I just feel so good right now. I need my heart back. If I feel good now just imagine how amazing I would feel with a heart. I now realize how horribly I missed her in those fifteen years she was gone.

Her hopeful blue eyes. Her ocean wave sand blonde hair. The way it felt when our skin touched. It felt like fire igniting in my stomach. How could I have been so blind? Why did I ever let her go?

I sent her away so that I would no longer hurt her. I am a villain. But she's my sidekick. And when she left, it hurt both of us more than it helped. I will never let her go again.

I Peter Pan, am foolishly, unbearably, selfishly in love with Wendy Darling.

I notice that the vines that usually threaded together protecting the waterfall. I raise an eyebrow and clenched my jaw. Now I have to deal with this menace. It's his fault for what happened to Wendy. She almost died. Because of his stupidity and ignorance.

I slowly step to the small waterfall, seeing Nick on his knees with his hands cupping some glistening water up to his mouth. "What do you think you're doing?" I ask. Nick lazily looks up at me and smirks. There was a slight sarcasm in his smirk and a mischief hidden in his eyes. He's drunk. I thought as I bit the inside of my cheek.

"Whats up Peter." As he slowly stood up a fury grew deep with in me. "How dare you disrespect-" I began.

"Oh, come on, are we really gonna play this shit?" I smelt whisky on his breath as he stepped closer.

I looked down and cracked a chuckle. "You best stay in your lane." I looked back at him. "Or what? You'll kill me? You know dear Wendy would never approve." He stumbled.

"Where'd you get the whisky?" I ask cocking an eyebrow. "Your drewer." He chuckled. "I always thought I smelt whisky on your breath some nights? You like it strong don't you Peter?"

"You are aware you are just digging yourself in a deeper hole?" I leaned up against the rock wall of the dome like waterfall.

"I don't care. Be real with me Peter, you know why I took your whisky, and it wasn't for fun." He shook his black mop of a head. I nodded.

"You were hoping it would help with the heart break." I stated with cockiness. Of course I knew. He was even stupider than I thought.

He shot his finger to the night sky. "Bingo! I should have known, shes in love with you anyway. You snog her yet?" He raised a playful eyebrow.

My hand snapped up to his neck. I could crush his wind pipe. He would die in my hands and I wouldn't care. As I slowly increase my grip I remember Wendy. I let go, throwing him to the ground. He choked as he tried to take in air.

"Why did you come here." I demanded. He laughed. "After the liquor failed to work, I was hoping some of this magic water would help." I chuckled at his response. It was a foolish thought although I have as well thought of it.

"I might not be able to kill you but I will do something far worst." I smirked down at his pathetic body. He stood up once again and chuckled.

"And what's that?" He thought he could win this game, but I've played enough. I have more than a few tricks up my sleeve. I have power. And he's weak.

"You will be exiled from the north side of the island to the south side." My smirk widens as Nicks drops and his face darkens with fear.

"What-no-" he began. "No, listen." I say dropping my smirk and inching up to him, chest to chest. "You will have tomorrow to collect your thing and say goodbye, but when the sun goes down, you will leave. No one will be able to speak to you and you will speak to no one ever again. Especially Wendy."

I poke his chest forcefully. "And if you do. I will not hesitate to...punish you. Despite Wendy." A great fear was cast into his eyes. His breath quickened and his eyes dilated.

"Why are you doing this Pan?" I felt my nostrils flare. "Because of you, Nick. Wendy died." I said through clenched teeth.

He shook his head. "Nice try Pan, but Wendy isn't dead." I crouched down looking into the crystal water, remembering the feeling as I thought I had really lost her.

"When she arrived she was barely alive. I ordered for Tripp to do a last minute operation, but she had lost too much blood. So I did the only thing that I could think of. I injected her with this water."

I looked at Nicks face. A deep set frown was drawn on his face. He kneels down next to me, looking into the water. "I never wanted to do it. I always wanted her to have a chance to leave. But no she never can. And it's all your fault." I snap my neck up to him.

"I never wanted that to happen Pan. You have-" I gripped his shoulder. He didn't even flinch. He was used to it, like most of the boys. "You did something worst than I would ever do. You left her alone. And I know I'm a monster. But I would never leave her alone. Not in a million years. Not ever." I burned the message in his brain. And it bitterly burned. He knew he would not be excepted among us anymore. It was the only thing worst than death.

Loneliness.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I locked the door on the cage and walked away slowly, leaving Nick to his thoughts.

I pitted him. I truly did. Finding out someone didn't love you back was hard to process. But it's the price you pay with love. As I walked to my tent I snapped my fingers and the torches lighting up the camp flicker out.

I wonder if Wendy is still there. I thought absent mindedly. I opened the flap to the tent and see a most adorable sight. Wendy's cheeks were lightly flushed as she slept peacefully. It must have been harsh sleeping in the cage.

But I didn't regret it. I regret nothing I do. I had to set an example, not only for the Lost Boys, but myself as well. An example that I was still hard and emotionless. But I was clearly wrong. But the boys didn't need to know that.

I smirked as I stepped closer to her. I brushed the hair away from her face, rembering the day I first saw her. I often remember the day I first saw her. I believe everyone does. She had something about her. It couldn't be pinned down. She couldn't be pinned down.

That was until she met me. And I guess in a way that's why she might love me, because she never thought anyone could pin her down. Change her in the worst and best way.

I was falling hard the longer I looked at her face. She had a distinct frekel under her right eye. I dont know if she even noticed it. But I did. I always have. And I could go into deeper details about her completion, but feared I would lose control and get emotional.

And I guess that's why I loved her. Because she made me afraid. I feel nothing. I'm numb. But with her I'm reckless and ardent.

Finally after staring at her for what seemed like hours, I decided to leave. I left a thumbprint on her chin before leaving the tent.

I opened the flap to Felix's tent and threw the blankets I had brought with me on the spot next to Felix, but his was more comfortable.

As I laid down I heard a muffled voice. "Pan?" I heard Felix question. "Yes?" I replied.

"W-What are you doing?" He sleepily muttered. "What does it look like goon, I'm sleeping." I mocked. He kind of sniffed. "Well...why?" He finally asked.

"Because, Wendy is sleeping in my bed." I said in monotone. I heard Felix's head hit the pillow. "Oh...well...okay." He said without further question.

I just laid there, staring at the ceiling of the tent. What did I get myself into? How many times have I asked myself this question? But I'm so happy. There are honestly no words. I don't even have my heart and already feel this happy. I can't imagine how unbearably love-sick I'll be when I do have it.

"Felix?" I asked into the night.

"Hmm?" He groaned.

"I'm in love with Wendy." I said plainly.

"I know." He replied simply.

"I want everyone to." I said rembering her smile.

"They already do." He said as if it was obvious.

"Huh?" I turn my head to his voice. It was clear he was half asleep, for he rarely talked as sloppy as he was right now. It was usually smooth and slow. Not like this.

"Just promise me something." He stated.

"Yeah." I smirked.

"Don't let her get hurt again. She can't take much more."

"Never."

~•~•~•~•~

Wendy's POV

I wake up and half expect Peter to be right next to me in his bed. I sit up and look around. How would I act around him now.

The same. You will act the same.

I hope so, I tell myself. I stood up and searched for a clean shirt, limping around (as my leg still hurt immensely). Finding one, I pull mine off and slip Peter's on(which was hard sense I had a sling on). He wasn't a really muscular guy, so his shirt fit kind of perfectly, it just had to be tucked in.

I didn't want to sound like a creep, but I loved the way his shirt smelt. It smelt like wood and mint, with a hint of rain, even though it never rained on Neverland.

I kind of just walked around the room. Never have I been in here before, his tent was usually off limits unless of an emergency.

But what attracted me the most was the book shelf, that was overloaded with all different size books.

The first book I pulled out was a poetry book. Did Peter like poetry? I thought. I guess I spent so much time hating him, I never got to know any of his interest. I pushed the book back in its place, and before leaving tent, dabbed a litter peppermint oil on my neck. So that's how he always smells good?

Walking out with a limp, all eyes were on me. But I had a feeling it wasn't because of the limp. I looked around, my heart beating out of nervousness. Hope they aren't thinking what I think they are thinking.

"What's the meaning of this slag? Back to work." I breath of relief passes through my lips as I heard Peter's demanding voice. Peter casually stands next to me, his eyes fixed of the boys. The boys were always his number one priority. Always.

"Good morning." He said with time in his voice. "Morning." I responded back, just the same, my eyes forward. But out of the corner of my eye I saw him quickly glancing between me and the boys. And as I looked around, I noticed a certain Lost Boy missing.

"Where's Nick?" I question, searching between each scruffy hair and dirty face. I looked up at Peter and find a smirk on his lips.

He pointed up and as I followed his fingers I was kind of relieved. "The cages." He said. I nodded as fear floods away.

He noticed instantly and looked down at me playfully. "What? You thought I killed him?" He chuckled. I quickly looked up to speak, but was cut off. "He isn't worth my energy to kill." He said.

I almost laughed at that joke, and I don't really know why. He was different today. He had emotion in him. Feeling. I lifted my hand and placed it on his chest, unannounced. I captured a few glances but ignored them, so did Peter as he looked down at me, with that same old smirk.

As I felt a thud against my palm a growing smile mad its way to my face. "Your...heart." I breathed. Something glisted in his eyes as the words poured out my mouth. Like he was proud of himself. I was proud of him.

He placed a firm hand on mine, holding it on his chest. "And it only beats for you." My stomach fluttered as the words met my ears. Never has he said anything remotely romantic or squishy. I liked it. I loved it.

"Um...Pan?" Felix says, breaking mine and Peter thoughts. We didn't even need to talk, we knew each other more than words.

I pulled away as Peter turned to fax Felix. "Yes." He said, his lips in a thin line. Felix looked between me and Peter for a while before landing his eyes on Peter's. "Should we let Nick out?" He asked taking a quick glance at the cages that I hated so much.

He groaned in disapproval before taking a look at my pleading eyes and replying with, "Yes, but restrain him as I make an announcement." As Peter walked to the stump in the far left of the camp he whistled. "Boys!" He yelled, getting the attention of all the boys. They herded in like a sworm of bees. I stood in the back with my arms crossed, curious as to what he had to say.

And I could hear Felix behind me, getting Nick out the cage and bring him closer to the crowd. The stopped just in front of me. Nick threw a couple glances at me, staring at my leg and then my shoulder. I wanted so badly to tell him it's not his fault. It was mine. I was the one that strayed off the path at night. I should have thought it through better.

His eyes were sad and fearful. What had Peter said to him? Or worst, what was he going to do to him.

"As many of you know, the other night Wendy was brutally attacked by a Neverbeast, which she heroically defeated on her own. And for this honor, we will except her back into the family, as one of us!" The boys nearly busted my ear drum as they joyfully screamed.

Peter raised his hand, quieting the crowd. "Now, Wendy, would you mind coming over here?" He said with a smile. The crowd broke as I walked through the middle. Many boys smiledbabd patted me on the back, while some, (partially Christian) looked at me like spoiled milk.

When I reached the front of the crowd, Peter jumps down from the stump and placed, what seemed to be a flower crown on my head. "For slaying the Neverbeast, she has proved that she has all the strength and perseverance as a Lost Boy. I now pronounce you; a Lost Girl!" Once again the crowd went wild with whoops and the banging of sticks. My smile only grew wider. "All hail Lost Girl Wendy!" Peter shouted over the noise. "All hail Lost Girl Wendy!" The boys shouted back.

I'd heard of the inauguration of a joining the Lost Boys, but never had I experienced one. That was until my own.

I went to touch my crown, but only got my hand slapped away by Peter. He playfully looked down at me. "I spent an awful long time on that. Don't mess it up." He joked. I smiled up at him. Oh my how he's gorgeous. I guess between all this mess I never really thought about how attractive Peter really was. And at times his eyes were so dark and scary I believed him ugly. A monster.

He looked back at the crowd and silenced them. "Now." He eyes grew serious. "Time for business." I stayed next to his side with my arms behind my back.

"Wendy did slay the Neverbeast, but however because of Nick," everyone turned to look at Nick for a split second. Nick looked into the eyes of who used to be his friends. His brothers.

"Wendy was seriously injured beyond the repair that Neverwater can do, for Neverbeast claws and teeth are laced with a toxic poison the water can not heal. So she must suffer from the pain of her most unbearable injuries for months to come. And who is to blame? Nick." He spits out the words with hatred.

I look at Nick and see tears in his eyes. "Nick left Wendy alone in the dead of the night. We all know that you never do that. No matter the circumstances." Some boys nod. I could see Peter staring painful daggers at Nick.

"So, for this crime, Nick has been sentenced to life in tge South side of the island. No one will talk to him and he will talk to no one. But for today, say your goodbyes, because at sun set, he will be gone." A loud whispers rose as the boys talked among themselves.

"Now." Peter said and they all went quiet. "Back to work." He said softly, and they were off. 

"What do you want me to do with this one?" Felix asked as Peter walked towards him. "Let him roam. I'm feeling generous." He said with a cocked eyebrow. Felix dropped the rope from Nicks hands and Nick walked off slowly.

As Peter walked past me, I grabbed his wrist, pulling him to face me. "What was that?" I asked in a hush.

He looks surprised. "What was what, doll?" He smirked.

I ignored the flutter on my stomach as I gripped on tighter. "You just humiliated Nick in front of everyone. Now no one will even look at him!" I whispered. He inched closer, his got breath on my forehead. "That was the point love, if hes going to spend his whole eternity alone might as well get a head start." He said as if it were obvious.

I let go of his wrist and ran my fingers through my hair, looking down at the ground. I sigh. "This is my fault." I say quietly. Peter lifts my chin up to his face. "No it's not. Nothing is ever your fault. No matter how much you blame yourself, you always get it wrong. And even if it is one day. I'll assure you its not. Because in my eyes, you never do anything wrong." I sadly smile at him.

It was true. He did read poetry. And apparently so, he spoke it. Straight from his mind. I give him a small smile.

I still have to talk to The Shadow. "I just need some time alone to think." I said. I could see the hesitation in his eyes as he looked down at my leg.

"I'll be fine. The sun's up." I reassured him. I could see him clench his jaw as he reluctantly nodded.

•~•~•~•~•~•

I just had to talk to the shadow. Everything now seemed so happy, what could there be to save? Did I already save it?

I stepped into the heavy shadows of Dark Hallow. Almost immediately the shadow swung down. "Yes?" His voice growled. But not in a menacing way.

"I need your help understanding something." I said, lifting my chest as I let a breath, sitting down on a stump, for my leg was aching from the long journey.

"Of course." He responded, his voice shaking my chest. But I guess you could say I was used to it.

"What am I to save?" I said looked down at my hands, rembering when I had first been told about being the saviour, I freaked out, had a breakdown. But it all seemed simple and casual now.

"Everthing on this island, every-" I cut him off, snapping my head to him. "But how? Have I already done it?" I ask.

A low chuckle was heard. "Far from it." He says. I slum down. "But how have I not? Everything seems so lovely now." I said with a faint smile, rembering how happy Peter made me feel.

"Yes, but have you dug down deeper?" He shifts to face me. I arch my brow. "What do you mean?"

"What I mean is everything is not as it seems, Darling. You've only gone through the easiest part." And with that he left me wondering what I am.

•~•~•~•~•~•

I walked back to the camp, slowly walking along, bringing any dead plants I see along the path back to life. It seems like forever since I've used my powers, and I missed them. Their a part of me. A living breathing part of me, that took up ever inch of my pulsing body. Draining me. Powering me. It's all so complicated and...simple.

But as I walk something dark fills the back of my mind. I felt as if I needed to be back at the camp immediately. I limped as fast as I could to the camp, not wanting to use too much of my powers.

As the camp came into view, John ran to me, with a fear in his eyes. "Wendy...its not... its not good." He said between breaths. I nodded, patting his back while he caught his breath. "What is it John?"

He stops and looks up at me with sympathy. "It's Nick." He said slowly. I blinked, letting it set in. I shook my head. "Where's Peter." I demanded. He looked confused for a moment before realizing who I was talking about. He shook his head quickly. "It's not Pan. It was-me-I-well I- you know- I was on duty to watch him for a while. I well-I lost him, and then I-" he nervously plundered through his pockets before pulling out a worn out piece of paper and shoving it in my hands.

It read,

Dear who ever,
Man you guys have never been good at hiding the liquor. Let's just say I must have fallen into my mums place, addicted to poison and falling in love with something toxic. I'm a fool.

I see the way you all look at me now. I hurt Wendy, our sister. But I decided to love her more than one. And that's my fault. I will never be happy again, not because of losing Wendy, but because of losing all of you. You were my family.

They say dreams come true in Neverland, I'm just hoping that's true in death.

Yours truly~
                         Nick

p.s I hope you can find happiness Wendy, and never let them take away your fire. It's what scared me so much. Stay crazy.

Tears ran down my cheek as I finished. I quickly wiped them off. "Where is he?" I ask quietly. He shakes his head. I look around and realize how no one is around. "Where is everyone?"

"They went to look for him." He said surly. "Where's Peter?" Once again a confused look.

"Where's Pan?" I raise my voice a little, but when I see the look on his face I ignore him. "Peter Pan!" I yell into the air, a crack in my voice as tears still stream down my face.

Peter's worried face appears in front of me. "What is it." He asks quickly, looking over me for any harm. But the only pain is so obviously in my eyes. "Where's Nick?" I ask.

"I don-" He begins. "Don't lie! I know that you know!" I push on his chest. He looks down, not making eye contact. "There's no time for your damn games!" I push my fingers through my hair.

"The Forest of Fears." He says quietly. I then grab on to Peter's forearm. "Take me there." I demand, as I am still too weak.

With a flash of light, we appear in front of the haunting forest. Nick standing in front of the wall of trees.

"Nick, please don't!" I yell, leaping towards him. He pulls out a dagger, stopping me. A frown makes its way to my face.

"Nick no." I plead, a tear falling from my eyes as Peter squeeze my hand. "Nick I'm sorry." He looked like a different person. He was drunk, obviously, a bottle in his hand.

"Stay there Wendy. Don't think just because you've suddenly been accepted back in the Lost Boys, I won't kill you." I've never heard anything violent come out of his mouth like that.

"When he drinks a bottle he suddenly gets all this courage, it's doesn't mean anything Wendy-" Peter begins.

"Oh shut up. We all know you and Wendy have been shacking it up." I then realized the group of boys inching near. I pay no mind. How could he say these fowl things.

Peter whispers in my ear. "He's hurt Wendy, he doesn't mean it." I nod as if I agree, even if it still did sting.

"Nick, please don't do this." I pull away from Peter's hand. I inch closer to him, not minding the knife. "Nick please. Your my family. I love you." I say. He chuckled something dark. "You love me. If you loved me why would you let this happen to me? Why would you let him do this to me!" He points the knife at Peter, the blade dangerously close to my face.

I slowly move the knife out of my face. He watched my eyes. That was the Nick I knew. Always watching my eyes. "Nick please. I've lost too much. You've lost too much. You don't want to lose me too." I said with a sad smile as I came in for a hug. He hugged me back.

"You're right. You have lost a lot. But I think you can live without me." Suddenly, Nick pushes me hard, the only thing I saw before Peter catching me was Nick sprinting into the darkness. I attempted to run after him, but Peter's grip never faltered. Tears ran down my face as boys respectfully began to walk back to camp. I sank down, Peter holding me. He was speaking but I don't remember hearing anything.

I crawled into his lap as he cradled me, pushing hair out of my face. I stopped crying but Peter still held me. My heart has sunk. My walls are broken. I am...just so tiered. There are no words. Peter and I just sat there until the sun went down. And then I feel asleep in his arms.

This is all my fault. I killed him. I made him do this to himself. He was broken. Lost. I could have saved him. I could have told Peter not to. But there has to be punishment. And some people are too weak. That's why you get like me. You stay crazy.

Sosososo sorry. It's been forever since I've updated. I'm sorry. This chapter is hella long. And it took me a long time to write. And I've been super busy. Who just loves homework on the weekend! Yeah. I'msorry if this is not edited and there are so many errors, but I honestly just want to post this so I cam stop worrying about how long it's been since I've updated.

Byyeee 🤗

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

29.4K 463 22
Peter Pan Ouat fan fiction. THIS IS VERY OLD, MY WRITING SUCKED. BE WARNED. - "Why do you look at me like I see you as the villain in this story?" ...
21K 766 10
In which a boy who thinks he controls everything meets the girl who actually does. --- Peter Pan is king of Neverland, a mystical island of his own c...
2.3M 55.7K 51
A girl doomed before her own birth to be violently wanted by every person in her entire world, and then imprisoned for her entire life starting at ag...
755 45 23
"Do you really think you're more powerful than me?" "I am Peter Pan! You are not powerful." "Oh, believe me, you don't know what I'm capable of!" One...