After Elliot

ICJudah tarafından

After being forced by her mother and awful step-father to move out to California, Analise Gates has to live i... Daha Fazla

REVISIONS & NEW TITLE
After Elliot
Character List: Sanford Boys
2: Unwanted Reminders
3: Dangerous Encounters
4: Dressing Room
5: First Day
6: Punch
7: Indecent
8: Drinking Game
9: (Bad) Memories
10: Make-Out
11: Doctor's Outing
12: Baptist Church
13: Risque Behavior
14: Homeward Bound
15: Unexpected Visitor
16: Jail-Time
17: Wedding Date
18: Festival Fun
19: Headstone Nostalgia
20: Ashtray
21: TKO
22: Fight
23: Housemate
24: Amnesia
25: Cat Fight
26: Angel?
27: Escape
28: Holidays
29: Back Together
30: Love Again
31: Light Up
32: Birthday
33: Absolutely Nothing
34: Sweet Dreams
35: Graduation (Attempted)
36: Rescue
37: Company
Epilogue
B O N U S//C H A P T E R: Liam on Analise and Ian's Wedding Day

1: New Beginnings

340K 6.9K 5.4K
ICJudah tarafından

A/N: I finally got the story on track. Hope you guys like it!

"But I don't want to go!" I whine, trying to map out a last-resort effort as I stand in front of Gate Sixteen at Allegiance Airlines.

"We know," My step-father says irritably, squeezing the bridge of his nose with his fingers. I scowl at him, about to make a sarcastic remark, but my mother steps in and places her hands on my shoulders.

"Honey, we know, but this will be good for you, especially after Elliot's accide-" I cut her off abruptly, "Don't you dare say his name!" I hiss, my face contorting with anger.

Oh no, you're not pulling that card Harriet!

"Don't even act like you care at all." Her face turns into a sorrowful glance, "I do care, sweetie. That's why I'm doing this- for you. You haven't been happy in months, I-"

"I would've been just fine if you'd left me alone," I spit, my anger rising with each word spoken. "Don't yell at your mother, especially not in a public place!" Darren, my step-father breaks in.

"Some of us have reputations to uphold." I roll my eyes instantly as he refers to his campaign for governor of Wisconsin. "Yeah, yeah, good reputation equals more votes equals the prized title of governor, blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada." I summarize the gist of what he's ever said to me.

He smiles, "At least you've learned something from me." "Mhm," I hum, rolling my eyes once more. "And thats why you're shipping me off. Can't have a reckless teen on the loose during election season, can we Dicken?"

"Analise!" My mother scolds. "What did I tell you about using that sort of language?" "Sorry Harriet, I was just using Darren's native tongue, wasn't I, Dicken?" I turn to him, sneering.

As he's about to speak, a cheery voice comes over the speaker, "Flight 289 Amherst Junction, Wisconsin to Los Angeles, California, please board at Gate Sixteen, you will departing shortly. Thank you."

"Well," I throw my jacket over my shoulder, and fake sadness, "This is...goodbye." I sniffle, then say in a monotonous tone, "Bye Darren, Harriet."

I spin around and enter the sea of people pouring through the gate. As soon as I'm on the plane, I check my ticket for my seat number, then silently make my way to first class.

I sit down in the window seat, throwing my purse and jacket down beside me in the seat bought out by my mother. She couldn't handle the fact that I may be sitting by some weirdo, so she moved me to first class and bought the seat next to me. Any more luxuries and I'd actually start to think that she cared about my existence at all.

"This is your pilot, we will be departing in around five minutes, please take your seats. Also, don't forget that we will have a half hour stop in Minnesota around an hour and a half in. Lastly, please go ahead and turn off any electronic devices. You will be notified when you may turn them back on. Thank you and enjoy your flight with Allegiance Airlines."

I turn off my phone, breathing a heavy sigh before sinking farther back into my seat. I buckle up quickly, grabbing onto my armrests tightly as I wait for takeoff.

As I'm controlling my unsteady breathing, I hear a voice from beside me, "Are you alright Miss?" I open one eye to see a flight attendant, all smiles, dressed in a ridiculous red uniform.

"Uh, yeah, just a little acrophobic, thats all," I half smile at her before focusing on the mini television in front of my seat.

"Do you need anything?" She furthers her questioning.

"Um... no... but thank you anyway," I keep my gaze forward. "If you do, just tell me. I'll be around the aisles," the smile never ventures off her face as she speaks, then she soon leaves me be and I sigh in relief. One more minute of that ball of happy, and I would've-

"Prepare for takeoff, please buckle up." The same voice chimes over the intercom.

Everyone in first class takes their seats quickly, and the snapping in of seat belts rings all around the cabin. I squeeze my eyes shut as my stomach does somersaults when I feel the plane lifting off the ground.

I steady my breathing, never releasing the armrests on either side of me. Once we're up in the air, the pilot's voice comes around us again, "Okay folks, we've had a successful takeoff, you will be allowed to turn on your electronics shortly.

"You may now feel free to unbuckle and retrieve refreshments. Thank you for flying Allegiance Airlines." I let out a breath, opening my eyes to see a few people gathering around the snack table at the front.

I did it!

I smile to myself and retrieve a Self magazine from my bag, flipping nonchalantly through it.

Easy as pie Ana, Easy as pie.

After my overall six hour flight, I stand alone in LAX, my eyes searching for the people in the picture my mother showed me. It was an old one, but she said that they hadn't changed- Greg and Cindy, old friends of my mother's.

For my senior year, I'd be staying in Los Angeles with them. She didn't mention anything about children, so I assumed it'd just be me and them... well thats gonna be awkward. I glance around once again, sighing when I'm only greeted with half dressed people.

"Analise? Analise Gates?" I hear from behind me, and I turn to see who is calling my name. I see the two people in the picture, just aged a bit. There's Greg, his hair taking on hints of gray and his blue eyes shining thanks to his sweater vest.

Then, it's Cindy, her blond hair flipping up at the ends, nicely complementing her blue, knee-length dress. 

On the flip side, I'm wearing black leggings and a thin, maroon, cashmere sweater.

My bangs are unformed and long on one side, the light brown color making my skin seem almost tan; my locks fall in large loose curls down to my midsection. I adorn white, Adidas sneakers, balancing on the sides of my shoes as I face these high-class people.

"Greg Sanford," He holds his hand out for a shake and I reluctantly take it. "You can call me Ana," I say quietly, half-smiling at him.

"I'm Cindy, I'm sure your mother has told you about us," She smiles warmly.

"Of course," I shake her hand also, keeping the same emotionless smile on my face.

"I hope you didn't mind, we already got your bags from baggage claim," She says kindly, then I notice my suitcase and duffel bag behind them.

"Of course not... um... thanks," I nod, reaching out to take my suitcase. "I got this, you must be terribly tired from your flight," Greg says, taking the handle.

"Oh, I can take it, really-" I start.

"Nonsense!" Cindy shrieks, "Let us, please." She grins once more and I nod in consent, watching her husband take my suitcase as she takes my duffel.

"Follow us dear," She says, walking ahead of me with Greg. I slowly trail behind them, my grip on my purse and jacket tightening as we walk through LAX.

When we reach the outside, there's a stretch limo sitting in front of us. I wait for them to go around it, but the driver actually opens the door for them, taking my bags to the trunk.

I stand frozen for a moment before Cindy calls me, "Analise! Are you coming dear?"

Again with the 'dear.' Gah.

I nod, walking forward the the fancy car. I duck myself in, not even bothering to buckle up. The driver shuts the door behind me, gets in, then takes us away from the crowded airport and into crowded traffic.

"So, this must be a large change from Wisconsin," Cindy examines. Oh no. Of course not Cindy.

"Yes," I answer shortly. "I'm sure you'll have fun. Once you're acquainted with my boys-" I stop her,

"Boys?"

"Why yes dear, my sons. Didn't your mother tell you?" She raises an eyebrow and I shake my head. "Oh," She chortles, "She must have wanted to surprise you." Boys? Well this changes my whole perspective on this situation.

I thought that it'd be awkward with just the two, but now I get others of the male gender along with them?

"Do you have any daughters?" I ask, hoping to God that she says yes.

"No, just sons," She shrugs, a content smile on her face. I sigh and slump back into my seat. They probably only have like two- not more than that, I hope.

After driving around half an hour, we reach a large neighborhood, the immaculate sign outside of it saying, "The Stratfords," in fancy cursive.

The driver types in a code of some sort, and the tall gates immediately open. They do not live here. No way.

"Welcome to your new neighborhood for the year!" Cindy chimes excitedly. Spoke too soon. I stare out the window as we pass ginormous houses at least three stories or more. We eventually turn down a side road, and by then, my mouth is agape in awe at these houses.

We come to a cul de sac, turning by the large fountain in the middle, and stopping in front of the very center house. It appears to be three stories with many balconies and a widow's walk, the tan color popping beautifully against the other white houses around it.

Lights are seen in the large windows, a wrought iron gate out front that holds the sign "The Sanfords" on it. The door suddenly opens to the limo, the Cali sunshine beaming me in the face.

"Miss," The driver holds the door open for me and I get out, shielding my eyes with my hands. Cindy and Greg appear out after me and chuckle when they see me.

"You'll get used to the sun," Greg laughs, patting me on the arm before saying, "Come, Hails will get your bags. You must meet the boys now." I nod, following them both into their giant house and wiping my feet off before going in.

"Boys!" Greg calls sternly.

"Analise has arrived!"

"Come on into the living room dear," Cindy urges me forward, into the open living area adorned with a rustic style. It almost looks like it could be a small cabin, but a very nice and high end one.

The brick fireplace extends at least twenty feet up the wall until stopping at the ceiling. Brown leather couches seat around it in a square, side tables on each side of the one parallel to the fireplace.

The walls have many paintings and pictures on them, the design looking as if the room was built out of whole logs.

My eyes take in other knick knacks as I wait for introduction to the boys. I suddenly hear thumps of feet coming towards me... and there's a lot of thumps. More than two boys could supply.

Oh great.

Suddenly, a stream of boys pour into the room, and I count them as they line up in front of me- 1...2...3...4...5.... There are five of them! I'm pretty certain that my mouth is agape in shock, because Cindy squeezes my shoulders, and speaks, "Boys, I though we told you to dress nicely."

"How can we do that when you don't text us to tell us where you are?" The tallest son asks, his brown hair definitely passed down from his father.

"Brian, be nice to your mother," Mr. Sanford scolds and the one who spoke nods. As soon as Greg looks away, however, he rolls his eyes, and mutters a curse word under his breath.

I smirk in spite of myself, surprised that anyone would disrespect Mr. Sanford.

"Ok, introduce yourself. Name and age," Cindy urges.

Brian says, "As you heard, I'm Brian, twenty-three." I slightly nod, then the next one speaks,

"Jameson, nineteen," He flashes a 250-kilowatt smile at me, then winks. I scrunch my nose at him. Yes, he's adorable with his sleeveless shirt and tousled blond hair, but I'm not exactly attracted to that attitude.

"Ian, seventeen," He half-smiles at me, his brown hair glistening slightly with sweat. I can tell he's been exercising in some way- basketball shorts, sleeveless shirt, tennis shoes. Too athletic.

"Jeremy, sixteen," dirty blond, sweaty, just like Ian except for hair color.

"Wyatt, eight," The last one says, smiling brightly at me. I swear, he's like the cutest kid I've ever seen. He's the only one who's actually dressed up in his sweater vest, dress shirt, and khakis.

His blond hair is gelled back slightly, and he's wearing penny loafers. I could seriously just hug this kid to death.

"Hi," I smile, waving to him. "Of course Wyatt is the only one to get a response from her," Brian says under his breath.

Mrs. Sanford immediately retorts, "He's the only one who doesn't look like a sweaty grease monkey- unlike the rest of you."

Sexy sweaty grease monkeys.

"Seems like we're missing one," Mr. Sanford glances over his boys.

"We told him to come down," Jeremy, I think, says.

"William!" Greg calls, and I feel as if the whole house has shaken. Suddenly another boy enters- shirtless.

My eyes basically bulge out of their sockets as I get a good look over of this brother. He's not as tall as his brothers, but he's at least half a foot taller than me.

His physique is toned and sweaty- from lifting weights, most likely. "It's Liam, Dad," He says, before taking a large gulp of the milk jug in his hand. Gross.

"Analise, this is Liam, our eighteen year old. He and Ian will be seniors this year," Cindy says, gesturing to Liam who's giving me a good look over.

"What grade are you going to be in? Ninth?" And as soon as he speaks, my drooling over him ceases to exist. Does he seriously think I'm a freshman?

"No," I say a matter-of-factly, "I'll be a senior also. Why else would she have told me the grades of just you two if I wasn't?" I question rhetorically, my voice laced with venom.

He stares at me for a moment, expressionless, then a smirk curls up at his lips.

"I like you," He points, "You're very... feisty," He emphasizes the last word, winking at me. Oh great. Another winker.

"Is there something wrong with your eye?" I can't stop the words from coming out of my mouth. It's deadly quiet for a moment, and I'm scared I've offended them all, before Wyatt suddenly starts to giggle. Soon after that, everyone starts laughing along with him, while I just stand there, purely mortified.

"I really like her," I think Jameson says. "She's the only girl I've ever seen turn Willy down."

"Don't call me that!" Liam snaps at his brother, causing more laughs to erupt from the family. He stares around, his gaze finally landing on me.

Once again, his expression switches to a smirk, his eyes taunting me silently. Suddenly, someone swings their arm around my shoulders.

"We're gonna have a lot of fun," He says. I don't really know who it is, since the boys aren't in their original places any more.

Now that they've dispersed, the only ones I know are Liam and Wyatt, though I'm sure as soon as Liam puts on a shirt I won't be able to tell him apart any longer.

Once their laughter dies down, Mrs. Sanford speaks, "William, be a dear and show Analise where her room is."

What is it with this woman and the word 'dear?'

"Of course, mother," He says sarcastically, rolling his eyes then turning to me, "Ready Annie?" "It's Ana," I say defiantly, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Whatever," He shrugs, turning and walking up the steps leading to the main hall. I huff in resentment and follow him. Although, he abruptly stops and I smash into his sculpted back, bouncing off of him.

"Watch it, would you?" His insult comes out playful as I see the smirk upturned on his mouth. "Yeah, yeah," I murmur, looking down at the ground.

"Hails already took your bags to your room," He informs me as he walks forward into another room. I trail behind him, trying not to look at his shirtlessness.

I glance around the new room we've entered, a kitchen it seems, and it has a very sleek and modern style, all stainless steel and neutral colors.

He turns and starts up the white "floating" stairs nestled by the large middle wall. I follow him cautiously, kind of freaked out that these stairs don't have a lot of support.

I cling to the steel railing as I go up the second flight, and while I'm only on the first step, he's at the landing.

"Any day now," He says impatiently, tapping his foot.

"Sorry if I'm sort of acrophobic and afraid of these unstable stairs!" I snap, my lip curled up in almost a snarl. "You're afraid of heights?" He asks, cocking up one eyebrow.

"Not that it's any of your business, but yes," I say. Halfway there Ana.

"Why didn't you say so?" He asks, a smirk implanted on his face as he makes his way down the stairs to me.

"Wh-What are you doing?" I squeak out, trying to carefully take a few steps back. "Helping you out, roomy," He flashes a charming grin at me before abruptly seizing my waist and throwing me over his shoulder.

"No!" I shriek, kicking. "P-put me down!" I object nervously.

"Nah," He says, bounding up the remainder of the stairs.

"If you don't put me down-" I start to threaten.

He interrupts, "You'll what? Insult me to death? I don't think so, Analise."

"Liam!" I shout, beating his back hardly, then I realize- he's still shirtless.

"What baby? Cat got your tongue?" He snickers to himself, walking us down a long hallway.

As I'm about to insult him, I remember something, "Why did you call me 'roomy?'"

He merely chuckles mischievously, then opens the door to another room. I figure that it's mine, but as soon as we step in, I'm met with three new faces. And who'da thought?

They're all extremely attractive guys. My face burns in embarrassment, and I instantaneously stop my whining.

"What'cha got there Liam?" The one seated on the bed asks, his black hair sweeping down into his eyes as he chews on something.

"Another one-nighter?" The other asks, but I can't see his face.

"Maybe it's one of those girls who just throw herself at him," A different one suggests. Finally, I can't take it all.

"No, no, no! I'm none of those!" I object angrily, hitting Liam's back once more.

He laughs deeply then says, "It's just that new girl who'll be living with us for a while."

"And I see she's already been branded by you. Poor girl," The guy with black hair shakes his head.

"Lucky girl," Liam corrects, "This isn't how I usually take 'em to the bedroom." I instantly blush again, about to object, when he continues, "The guest bedroom, of course." I huff, crossing my arms as best as I can while being upside down.

"Can you just take me to my room already? The testosterone levels in here are starting to make me sick," I say calmly, trying not to sound too snooty.

"You'll get used to those," The dark headed one speaks again. "You'll also get used to random girls going in and out of your bathroom." They all laugh at his comment, and I roll my eyes.

"Be back in a sec you guys," Liam tells them, carrying me into an adjoining bathroom, then out another door. He unceremoniously drops me on the bed, my body bouncing and rolling off onto the floor.

"Ouch," He winces sarcastically as I give him a death glare. "Well, here's your room. We share a bathroom, so don't clutter it up with your girly products. Also, there's no reason to lock any doors, since I'll eventually see you naked anyway, so..." He shrugs, turning to leave.

"Why will you eventually see me naked?" I question, stopping him in his tracks.

He smirks over his shoulder at me and I shrink back, "Ew! That is disgusting!"

He chortles lowly, "You have such a dirty mind, Analise. I meant that I'll probably accidentally walk in while you're showering."

As he leaves, I shout after him, "That's why I'm locking all doors!" I stand quickly, closing the bathroom/my door and locking it.

A/N: So? Good/Bad? Thanks for reading!

I swear if anyone says anything about the freaking dialogue I will be rude and most likely mute you.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

81.1K 2.3K 24
hiiiiii guys this is my new story. its about a 15 year old girl named skylar her dad died from a stroke so she was forced to pack up her things and m...
62.2K 1.2K 35
{Disclaimer: Needs major editing and possible chapter rewrites... I'll get to it eventually.} Erika Thomson thought this day would never come. Going...
126K 3.2K 39
Maybe moving to America won't be as bad as it seems. _._.__._.__._.__._._ Copyright © 2016 All rights reserved®. #33 in Moving #29 in Teen Parent #5...
701K 11.1K 6
Jackie does not like surprises. Chaos is the enemy! The best way to get her successful, busy parents to notice her is to be perfect. The perfect look...