Maxerica Academy

By Hhhhhh05

America Singer is being sent to Angeles Prep. A pristine school for princesses and princes in training, creat... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
A/N: Update Schedule
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Authors note
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36: part 1
Chaptet 37: Christmas
Chapter 38: Epilogue #1 of 3
Chapter 39: epilogue #2 of 3
Chapter 40: Epilogue #3 of 3

Chapter 8

3.4K 58 51
By Hhhhhh05

My phone rang. I looked at the caller ID. A picture of the mad hatter popped up. Oh wait. That was Delancy with bedhead. I snickered. I had gotten that picture when she was staying the night once. I laughed so hard I cried.

I picked up the phone. "Hello?"

I heard her shush someone in the background. "Ames. How you doing?"

"Great. And you?"

"Oh Im doing dandy. Want to know why? Of course you do," She spewed at the speed of light. "So. Prince Mason, Mason not Maxon, so confusing. Well anyways. He asked me to go to dinner with him. And I'm not sure if it's a date or not? So I asked if I could bring someone along. And immediately thought of you. Sadly I didn't catch his face while he said yes, do I don't quite no yet. But if it isn't a date, I don't want to be like 'can't we go alone.'"

I sighed knowing where this was going.

"So I was wondering if you and Maxon could come along?" She asked.

Maxon?

"Why Maxon?" I asked.

"Well if it isn't a date, I don't want him hitting on you," she spoke like it was obvious. I guess maybe it was.

"I'll ask Maxon," I decided.

"To late. Already did. He was all like I'll go if America goes," Delancy said almost speaking to fast. "So...will you go?"

"Fine."

I heard squealing in the background. Strange. "Okay. Thank you so much America. Love you. Muah. Muah. Bu-bye."

What did I just get myself into?"

~oOo~

"I'm not wearing that?!" I screeched.

"Why not?" Marlee asked Inspecting the dress, and not finding an issue.

"Well. For one. I'm not going on a date. I'm strictly back up. And two. It's way to short."

"Oh come on America. I know your dad is the general of the Carolina army and Is on the verge of being prompted to the head of illeas guard. The whole country knows. And because I'm your best friend I also know you used to run laps with your dad. You got legs. Show them off," Marlee said like me having something to show made it okay to show it.

"I'll wear the dress," I sighed.

She smiled triumphantly and handed me the dress. It was a short pretty purple number with a short frilly skirt and a glittering accent belt. (At the top)
It was gorgeous, but it reminded me of a Barbie doll. And I was not some personal Barbie doll.

I came out of my closet.

"You looks amazing!" She squeaked. She ran over to begin fluffing my hair which she had curled. She stood back and admired my form with a raised eyebrow. She shook her head. This was the one hundredth time she had decided something was missing. A smile lit up he face.

She ran to my jewelry box and pulled out the first thing on display. My bracelet from Maxon. The one with real gold and real diamonds. The one that must of cost a fortune. The one that I'm afraid to wear.

She wrapped it around my wrist.

"Voila!" She announced. "Perfecto."

"I believe the last one was Spanish," I corrected.

"Whateves," she laughed and then pulled out a pair of kitten heels. Silver and glittery. She delicately lifted my foot and sat them into the satin. "You'll need the raise in height if your kissing anyone tonight."

"It's Delas date," I reminded her.

"Delancy only invited Maxon because it's French for double date," Marlee announced.

"I believe that's double rancard," I corrected.

She shook her head.

Then there was a knock on the door. Marlee ran to answer it. "Your date," she announced as Maxon entered.

We both blushed. "It's not a date," we both corrected.

She rolled her eyes and shook her head.

Maxon walked over to me and I took his arm. "You look beautiful."

I smiled at him. "Thank you."

He nodded and escorted me away.

~oOo~

My phone rang as we entered the five star restaurant. "Hello?"

"Hey America," Delancy said.

"Dela. Where are you?"

"Oh my god Ames. The worst thing happened. We were on our way there when Masons tire popped. We aren't going to make it."

I frowned. "Oh. Are you guys okay? Do you need us to come and get you?"

"No! No. we're fine. Called a tow. Enjoy your night. Gotta go. Bye."

"Who was that?" Maxon asked.

I stared at my phone. "Um. Delancy. They got a flat tire. Can't make it."

"Wouldn't want to waste the reservation," Maxon decided. "Let's eat."

I smiled. "Of course."

The hostess perked up as we entered. "Your majesty. Your highness."

She bowed to us.

"Reservation for Schreave. Only two though," Maxon told her.

"We have you marked down for two," she explained.

I narrowed my eyes. Maxon just nodded. Interesting.

We were led to a table. Maxon helped me into my chair and pushed it In. A waitress came. She smiled flirtatiously at Maxon. "I'm Britney," she giggled. "I'll be your waitress. What can I get you to drink?" She was still ignoring me.

"What would you like America?" Maxon asked.

She turned and glared at me.

"Um...a water," I murmured.

"Two of those," maxon agreed

Britney have one last smile at Maxon and walked away.

"That was rude," Maxon decided.

"You noticed too," I sighed in relief.

"Of course I did. How can she ignore such a lovely lady," he said.

I blushed. "Thanks."

"what are you getting?" Maxon asked.

"Mushroom ravioli. All time favorite. I know how to cook them really good," I told him.

"If there anything like all your other cooking, you could give the restaurant a run for there money," Maxon complimented.

I smiled. "I used to sing for this one cafe back in Carolina. They would give out leftovers from pots of soup and what not to the lower castes. Small place, but they had lots of customers.
So I would help out in the kitchen. The owner, Mica, taught he everything I know."

Britney arrived with our drinks

We ordered our meals.

Britney left.

"Do you miss it?"

I looked up.

"Do you miss Carolina?" He asked again.

"Sometimes," I whispered. "I'll occasionally sit and stare at a wall and think, I'll never have that life again. It's a good and bad thing. I'll never get to see my friends again. Well not really. It won't be be the same. I'll have royal responsibilities. Not much time for music. But I won't have to sing till my throat burns to get enough money to pay for a life. I won't have to go hungry or go a winter without electricity."

"Is that really what it's like out there?"

I nodded. "You have no idea how bad it is to have to tell your little sister that we couldn't afford Christmas gifts this year."

Maxon looked down.

"But that's just how it is," I spoke. "Don't let that run our night, please?"

He nodded.

"Favorite color?" I asked.

He looked up startled. I just smiled.

"Red," was his reply.

"Why?" I asked.

"Don't you only get one question? Then it's my turn?" Maxon asked. 

"But, my dear prince, you just used two questions. So why is your favorite color red?"

He looked down. "It's the color of your hair."

I blushed.

Oh.

~oOo~

"I had a nice time tonight?" Maxon said as we reached my door.

"On our...." I probed.

"Date," he replied.

I blushed and smiled.

He pulled me to him and kissed my forehead. "Goodnight America.

"Goodnight Maxon."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

229K 4.1K 54
Prince Maxon Schreave ended the Selection just a few months ago. He has finally picked a bride. America Singer. He is head over heels in love and is...
379K 7K 67
The beloved prince of Illéa, Maxon Schreave, has finally picked America Singer to be his wife, and the future queen of their country. Though everythi...
24.1K 689 26
It is an alternative ending to the one by kiera cass. What would happen if the rebel attack never happen? Prince Maxon marry Kriss, but 6 years later...
62.1K 736 44
After Maxon and America's selection America and Maxon have four children. When the eldest comes of age a new selection shell begin. Annabelle only jo...