Heaven

By violet0gold

"Once, there was a devil and an angel, who fell deeply in love with one another. Something so rare and beauti... More

Heaven
Heart
Hope
Hell
Healing
Half
Hurt
Home
Bad
Break
Missing
Most
Night
Destroyed
Damaged
Danger
Beast
Broken
Bruised
Blurred
Battered
Freedom
Feeling
Forever
Fur
Freak
Praying
Promise
Protecter
Perspective
Wild
Wicked
Wonder
Wherever
Wisdom
Wolf
Authors Note

Never

36 0 0
By violet0gold

" Why are you running away? You don't understand it."

I wake up when I hear a shout and a gun go off, I shot to my feet and search around.

I was still at the army base but it was now morning, I slept here all night.

It went silent again and I sucked in a breath when I heard ruffling from the field when suddenly a body dropped to the ground.

I bite my tongue to keep from screaming and run over to the man who lied there, a gun shot to his chest.

I push him over so he was lying on his back and squeeze my eyes shut while slowly poking him. My heart was racing and the wind was wild around me.

I peak an eye open when I made contact with his chest and scream out when his eyes popped open and he sat up quickly, his eyes searching around while he wheezed out.

His eyes land on me then down to his chest, "What the -" He mumbles, standing to his feet.

My eyes widen and I reel back, "Do you fancy a cup of coffee?" I question and he stared at me. He looked around the age of Charles.

This man had messy brown locks and bright blue eyes, although it looked like he'd been living out in these woods while hidden for a while by the way he looks.

"I guess," He mutters and I beam, I run over and grab my bag and slip in my fathers journal. I turn around to see the man staring at me.

We walk in silence while I lead the way, he was timid and silent like he hadn't been around people in a long time.

"Do you have a name?" I ask softly and glance over at him, he narrowed his eyes and looked down at me.

He shook his head, "Chatty," He mumbled under his breath, "You can call me Fox," He says and I nod my head.

"You can call me Rae," I tell him and he looks down at me while nodding, his eyes were calculating and there was something about this man that felt familiar.

The rest of the walk was silent and we finally made it to the small coffee shop, we sat down at a small booth and I watch as Grace walked over with a smile on her face, her and I go to school together although I see her more in this coffee shop more than I do there.

She smiled at me and held a note pad in her hand, "French Vanilla?" She questions and I nod, she looks over at Fox who sat there with a blank expression.

"Black coffee please," He says with a small grunt and I grin at him while Grace left to make our orders.

I stare at him, he looked exhausted and confused. He seemed to be lost but knew where he was because he wasn't freaking out.

She returned with our drinks and left us to chat but all Fox did was sit there tense while sipping his steaming hot coffee, though it didn't seem to phase him.

"What town is this?" He questioned and I glanced up at him.

He sat there staring at me with those cold blue eyes, "Cala Falls," I answer and his eyes widened again.

He cursed under his breath when my phone began ringing, I send him a sheepish smile and stand up before answering, "Hello?" I ask and I hear shouting.

I roll my eyes at them when Asher's voice appeared, "Where were you? You didn't come home!"

My eyes widen and I look over at Grace who points at herself and shoots me a thumbs up, "I was at Graces house," I say and I hear them go silent.

"Who?" Silas asks and I roll my eyes and look over at her.

She was extremely pretty, half her hair was dyed white and the other half was dyed black, "Grace Holland," I say and I hear them mumble.

"You need to come home," I sigh out and hang up before looking over at Fox.

He rose an eyebrow and I send a small smile, "I have to get home, I hope everything goes well for you," He nods silently.

I smile at Grace, "Grace Phoenix Holland I love you," I say while blowing a kiss.

She pretends to catch it and winks, "I love you too, Iliana Della Fuchs-Rae," She says and I grin when I hear a glass drop from behind me.

Frowning I turn around to see Fox sitting there, his glass of coffee now on the floor as he stared at me, I smile and wave goodbye before leaving the shop. But I couldn't shake the way he looked at me, his mouth a gap and eyes wide like he had just seen a ghost.

____________________

Ben was considered missing, it's been a few days now since anyone's heard from him. Asher and Silas both rushed me inside once I got home, a sheepish grin on both their faces.

I frown while staring at them, "What did you guys do and why am I home?" I ask and they stare at me.

"First of all young lady, you left last night and didn't come home," Silas snapped and I roll my eye while a small smile made its way onto my face.

Asher nodded his head, "And we need you to babysit Charlotte Fisher cause we kind of promised Alex and Will that you would," He adds on quickly.

A glare set on my face an I slap both of them as hat as I could but neither of them flinched, I crossed my arms over my chest and pout, "Why do I have to do it? Why can't one of you do it?" I question.

Silas stood there with a deadpanned expression, "We have business to do, plus your a girl meaning your good at taking care of children." He stated, earning another slap from me.

I've lost my mind and now they want me to care for a child? Were they crazy?!

I roll my eyes and head upstairs so I could grab a quick shower and change into something less dirty and ratty looking.

______________________

"Ilia can I ask you a question?"

My head shot over and I stared at the little girl,  she shared the same brown messy locks like Ben and had the biggest green eyes.

I pat the spot next to me on the couch and she hops up while giggling a little, I smile down at her, "Ask away Ms. Charlie," I say and she giggles more before simmering down.

For such a young girl her moods and expressions change quite quickly, she was almost too grown up for her age, "Is Ben really my brother?" She asks, causing me to frown but than I put it together.

Ben was taken away only a month before Charlotte was born meaning she never knew him and he just got out almost two months ago. I smile down at her and pull her into my lap while rocking us back and forth.

"Yeah, Ben is really your big brother," I state while ruffling her hair, "He had to go away for a while but he came back for you." I state and a small smile creeps up on her face.

She points at herself, "For me?" She questions while bouncing a bit and I couldn't help but laugh while nodding my head.

"Of course for you," A voice says from behind us and Charlotte popped up in my lap before jumping off the couch and racing towards the guy.

I turn my head and watch as Ben picked her up and swung her in the air before kissing her cheek and holding her close to him, "Della was right, I came back so I could meet my little princess," He says and Charlotte wrapped her small arms around Ben.

I grin over at them when Charlotte exclaimed, "You really think I'm a princess?" She questions with wide eyes and I giggle.

"Of course you are Charlie! All you Fishers are princesses!" I say and she grins while Ben shot me a nasty look while rolling his eyes.

I stand up and grab my things, "I guess it's time for me to get home," I state when Ben let Charlie down fast and tugged at my arm.

He shook his head, "Im not allowed being around her alone in case I try to murder her," He states calmly but my eyes widened at his words and I froze in my spot. Was he serious?

I sigh out and squeeze my eyes shut, he still held my wrist in his hand which was causing my mind to go into a frenzy.

"I'll go put her to bed," He says softly before pulling away from me and scooping her up from the floor. She giggled before whispering something in Bens ear, causing him to turn around and stride over towards me.

I frown when she reaches out and wraps her arms around me, "Night Ilia, I love you," She whispers and I felt my heart melt.

I forgot how easily kids trusted, how they had no boundaries or limits. They were completely innocent to the outside world, "Night Charlie, I love you too." I whisper, kissing her head and watching as Ben carried her upstairs.

While he was getting her to bed Alexander walked in and looked at me, "Bens putting her to bed," I state and he nods and I felt my stomach twist in knots.

"Alex?" I question softly and he turns around to look at me. I lick my lips nervously, "Is it true Ben can't be alone with Charlie? Because he might kill her?" I question and he rose an eyebrow.

He took a seat across from me and smiled, "No he can, that's just Bens own rule. He's scared he might do it again." Alex says and I sigh out in relief before fiddling with my hands.

I go to ask more when Ben walked in, looking at us with a look of confusion written across his face, Alex cleared his throat and stood up before looking down at me, "Thank you for babysitting Charlie, I hope you have a good evening Iliana," He says and I smile lightly up at him.

Ben leads me out towards the car and I slip in quietly while he brought the beast to life, "Let's get you home." He says before swerving out of his driveway and speeding down the street, leaving a cloud of smoke behind us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 37 14
Eva is a normal girl, with a normal boyfriend and normal dreams...O.K. scrap all of that and let me start again. Eva is NOT a normal girl, she does N...
247 8 19
Kiya is your average crazy but fun-loving and caring girl. She has this app, Discord. She keeps meeting some pretty interesting people on there but...
4.5K 271 45
"He was the definition of what you call bad, he smoked, he broke the law, he drove too fast for his own good.He didn't care because no one taught him...
1.1M 24K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...