His Obsession || Book One

By XBeautyBrainsX

(COMPLETED) BOOK TRAILER IN CHAP. 1!!! I had just turned 19 and was about to graduate high school, entering i... More

First Period
Daydream
Home
Untold Secrets
Three Things
Escapes
Gossip
Dates
Visitor
Melodies
Rico
Convertibles
Whip-Cream
Destination
Roses
Bands
Unknown Caller
Stalker
History
Feuds
Invasion
Puzzle
Games
Black Eyes
Undercover
Errors
Company
Affairs
Truces
Hands All Over
Goodbye High School
Birthday
Rings
Rejected Happiness
Invitations
Interruption
Vacant
Knives
Manipulation
Guilt
Despair
Depression
Hierarchy
New Faces
Hotshot
Risks
Addiction
Silent
Tears
Return of the Devil
Sleep
Book Two is Out!!

Coasters

180K 5.3K 1.5K
By XBeautyBrainsX

Graduation was in just five days and if I heard another person ask what I'm planning to do after high school, then I'd probably go crazy.

Truth is, I really don't know what I'm going to do. I'm sort of just riding the tide as of right now.

Jesse was filling me in with details about all the horrible things Abby would do when they were together. Yeah, were.

He was so mature and friendly I enjoyed having other company besides Eric. I was beginning to get a little lonesome without friends.

In my defense, I really didn't want any to begin with. Once I was at my "low" everyone distanced themselves from me and I realized who my real friends were; no one.

Except Jesse, I suppose. He fought long and hard for a friendship. If he was even striving for that.

"You still eat your apple sauce with celery? Ah, that's so gross." Jesse scorned my lunch habits.

"It is not, this is much more healthy then what you're eating right now." I took another bite of my celery covered in apple sauce. Delicious.

"At least this sloppy joe looks appetizing." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes.

He jumped on his feet with excitement, "Are you ready for Grad night? We're talking Six Flags!"

My face puckered as if I licked a lemon, "I'm not going."

His eyes widened as he scoffed, "No way! Why not?"

I shrugged, "I rather stay at home in my pjs, eating a tub of ice cream, while watching 'Mean Girls'."

He smiled arrogantly, "I doubt that, you probably have plans with your boyfriend. Don't you?"

"No, I don't." I laughed.

"Well? Why wouldn't you go?"

I sighed, "I don't know who'd I'd ride with."

He replied without hesitation, "Me! Of course."

I folded my arms, "Is that suppose to convince me?"

He chuckled, "Oh come on."

I suppose it won't do me any harm.

"Fine, I'm in."

**

Six flags came by too fast, just like everything else. I was drumming my fingers on the desk, anxiously waiting for the speaker to announce the seniors dismissal. Soon after, it did just that.

I threw my backpack over my shoulders and sped out the classroom. Jesse found me and we walked to the school bus together.

We both wore t-shirts and jeans, to keep it casual and comfy.

Getting on the bus was a nightmare. Actually, that wasn't even close to a nightmare. One, the ride to the theme park was a four hour trip. Second, Abby somehow found a seat directly in front of us. So, every five minutes we'd hear her blab to her friend about the guys she's been seeing.

Jesse and I were extremely uncomfortable the entire drive. It was a miracle we got to the park without losing our minds.

*

We needed to return to the bus at 10pm, which was in ten minutes, so we decided to ride the very last roller coaster, The Avalanche. Only the most insane and powerful coaster in this park. I was ready for it.

The magnificent coaster we were now on was thrilling, exhilarating and suspenseful. The adrenaline pumping through my veins as I felt every foot it climbed.

Dramatically, at the peak of the coaster, I glanced down at the humans that now looked like busy ants.

Jesse turns to me with a contagious smile and smoothly slips his hand in mine, weaving his fingers through mine and wrapping it tightly like an anaconda.

All noises mute and the the coaster plunges down. The screams of the other passengers pierce my ears, but ended up joining them. I was startled about my hand being in his, but at the moment, I was twisting and turning into loops! It hardly mattered right now.

My body was shaking and the excitement made me yell on the top of my lungs while Jesse chanted beside me.

As soon as the ride came to a halt, my brain began to try to understand what just happened.

The other passengers ran out the exit onto their next ride, but Jesse and I were slightly delayed, just taking our time before we'd leave back to the bus.

I was trying to shake the idea of him holding my hand out of my head. Was he intentionally searching for a good time to do that? Or was it just a one time thing?

We walked out the now vacant exit-way as Jesse bit his lip, continuing to fidget.

He glanced at me, took a deep lungful of air, ran his fingers through his hair and leaped to me.

He cupped my face as he firmly pressed his lips against mine and I felt every joint and bone in my body go into complete shock. I felt every memory I've had with him scatter across my brain and then I finally got a grip.

Before I could finally strangle him, he pulled away with a grin plastered on his face.

*

I didn't say a word to him on the way back, I didn't even bother looking at him.

Arriving to the school, I received a text from mom:

"Working late. Ask Jesse for a ride home. Hope you had fun."

Great. Just great.

I stiffly turned to Jesse who was staring with hope drowning his eyes.

I swallowed hard barely letting the words out, "Could I have a ride home?"

He didn't hesitate, "Yeah! Definitely."

Jesse left to his car and I followed.

After what seemed like eternity, I finally got home.

Walking to the steps, Jesse caught my wrist and spun me around, "Listen.."

I intruded, "No, Jesse, please just don't."

Turning back around, I pulled out my house keys and began to unlock the front door.

He spoke somberly, "I know you felt spark when we kissed. Just admit it, you felt it just as bright and scorching as I did."

I felt a tear slide down my cheek as I glanced back at him in disbelief, "Is that what you've been doing? Slithering your way back into my life just to try to manipulate me back with you?"

He shook his head in objection, "No, that wasn't my intention."

I raised my brow, "Then what was?"

Tears began to gather in his wounded eyes, "I'm in love with you, Danica. And I know you feel the same way for me. We should be the ones together."

"I thought you already came to your senses about that? You apologized to Eric and me, you gained his trust. Don't take advantage of that, Jesse."

His voice began to louden, "I know when we kissed you felt that rush in your heart."

I'm sure that was just the tension I felt.

"I don't feel that way with you. Our romantic days are long gone. Please, just stop already!"

His bottom lip frowned more, if that was even possible, "I'm sorry I kissed you, Danica. Please, don't tell Eric."

I sighed, "Why shouldn't I?"

"A black eye doesn't go great with a cap and gown." He cracked a small smile, "Could we just forget what happened today?"

I sighed folding my arms, "As long as you stay away from me until graduation. It's for the best."

He nodded unenthusiastic, "Of course. Goodnight, Dani."

This week was such a train wreck, and I haven't even graduated yet.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 71K 31
"Not here..." He said as he continued to kiss my neck. "Stop me Stacey.." "Why?" "I might lose control and take you right here... On that desk..." I...
558K 10.8K 51
'For The Mafia' Series - Book 1 of 3! ~~~ "Down on your knees." He lets go of my hair and pushes my shoulders down roughly, before unbuttoning and sh...
496K 9.6K 33
*COMPLETED* Description : Honey is just shy of her 21st birthday when she moves to a tiny little town deep in New Mexico. She has no money, no fam...
2K 56 52
As he leaned in closer, I could feel the warmth of his breath on my face and his tempting lips mere inches away from mine. Our eyes locked onto each...