IDGAF.

By Miyahbabyy

They met in the foster system, and became best friends.. They were separated but found each other again..Noth... More

Intro.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
New Book Alert!!
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.

6.

4K 159 16
By Miyahbabyy

Andre.

"Asia this is Parker..he is the guest I was talking about last night." I told Asia as she was packing lunch for Prince for school.

"Aren't you a handsome young man..it is very nice to meet you, I'm Asia." She said, and he shook her hand.

"Mommy he's so cool, is he going to be staying with us?" Prince asked.

"I'm not sure, go get your book bag out of your room."

"Alright.." he said before taking another spoonful of cereal, and running off into his room.

"So...I heard you go to school with Kaija and Harmony."

"Yeah...but I knew Kai before Ms. we were in a group foster home together for about 2 years.."

"Really?" She asked shocked.

"Yeah..we were best friends."

"Wow..I was her—

"Social worker? I know." He answered, and I looked at Asia surprised at how much she knew.

"Are you..still a foster child?" She asked.

"Yeah, but I'm straight though...My folks dead."

"Well you are welcome to stay here however long you need unless you crazy or a thief..your not one of those things are you?"

"No ma'am" he chuckled.

"And if you try and push it up on one of my daughters, I know niggas." I cleared up, and he licked his lips.

"Don't listen to him....you and Kai would be a cute couple..did you guys ever have a thing?"

"Asia!" I jumped in.

"What? I want to know..he looks like a decent young man someone I can see my daughter dating."

"Nah, we were just friends that's all." He chuckled.

"Good." Andre said.

"I think I'm going to go back home today. My foster mom said I could come back, and I don't like overstaying my welcome."

"If you need a place to sleep we are always here."

"I appreciate it Ms.Freeman." She smiled before Prince came rushing back out with his book bag.

"Mommy we have to leave before I'm late!" Prince said tugging her shoulder.

"Alright I'm ready baby..let me go check on your sister." Asia went to go check on Aasiyah who was taking forever in the shower.

"I need to go see my son today..you need a lift back to your foster mom house?" I asked, and he nodded his head.

"I appreciate it. We going right now?"

"Nah, I gotta take a quick shower and then we can leave."

"Aight cool."

I then went back in the room took a quick shower, said my goodbyes to Asia and the kids and we left.

"So you used to play football?" Parker asked when we got in the car.

"Yeah..but I tore my ACL and it ruined my whole career. You always lived out here?"

He nodded his head. "Yeah I just never been into football it's always been basketball for me so that's probably why I don't know about you." 

"Oh..yeah I was quarterback. Whole career ended with the snap of my fingers shit was crazy."

"I can't imagine how that feels. Do they still give you a check?"

"Yeah they do but its not as much as I was making when I was on the team."

"When did this happen?"

"About 3 years ago."

"Can you see yourself playing again?"

"Sometimes I do. It would be kind of weird though because I haven't played in so long." 

"Damn."

"Yeah..you like basketball you any good?"I questioned, and he looked out the window.

"Yeah I'm a beast.. I never give played on a team before though, I just do it for fun..maybe one day I will."

"Why haven't you?"

"A lot of reasons..my grades were never good enough when I did try out for a team, I'm always changing schools, and I'm not gonna lie...sometimes I have trouble making it up and down the court cause I smoke so much."

"Do you want to play for a team?"

"Yeah it would be cool."

"You should."

"Why do you care so much..Not trying to ne disrespectful or nothing."

This boy just really just does not get it.

Once the car came to a stop light I looked at him, and shook my head.

"I care so much cause I don't want you going down the same path I went down...my wife..she been taking me to church and I learned that god only puts you through things to help the next. YOU ARE THE NEXT. You probably don't understand now, but maybe one day you will. You will thank me and hopefully you can repeat the pattern."

"You believe in god?"

"Yeah. You don't?"

"No..I mean do believe it's someone up there but if god was real why would he take my parents away from me? Why would I go through so much if god was real, and everyone says he's so great..my mom and pops believed in him but I just can't. Been through too much."

"You just don't know. I would explain it to you but it wouldn't stick..I'm picking you up Sunday and we going to church..dress nice."

"What? What if I already had plans?"

"Cancel them. Keep it sabbath."

"Nigga what?"

"Nothing..I'm coming to get you. Want me to pull up right here?" I asked once we got to his foster mothers house.

"Sure. Thanks man." He said and gave me dap.

"No problem. You family now." I told him before he shut the door.

He walked up to the house door and knocked, and I waited until someone answered because I didn't want to leave him and nobody would open the door for him.

After a few seconds a brown skin lady who looked in her late 40's opened the door for him and let him in the house.

After I pulled off, and headed to Sapphire house to see King. Sapphire dumb ass put him in home school for no reason, and I hated it.

He needs to make friends, hang out and not be a nerdy home schooled boy.

I pulled up at their condo in less than 10 minutes, and walked inside.

Once I got to the door I used my key Sapphire gave me to come up.

I knocked on the door and she answered looking like she just woke up with still her scarf on, no makeup sweat pants and a sports bra.

"King your dad is here." She said welcoming me in.

I saw King was working with one of his in home teachers, and when he saw me his face lit up.

"Hey dad."

"What's up? What you doing?" I questioned looking over at his work.

"English." He said turning his lip up as Sapphire went back in her room.

Me, and her don't talk at all just only about King and if it is an emergency. We don't hate each other we just don't speak if we do not need to. But today I needed to speak to her about how she has been complaining to my wife cause I haven't visited King as much as I should. I don't appreciate that bullshit and I'm going to tell her that today.

"Aight keep working I'm going to talk to your mom real quick I'll be back."

"Okay."

I went to her bedroom door, and knocked lightly.

"Come in." I heard her say, and I opened the door to see her covered up with the covers.

"Aye we need to talk." I told her and she sat up in the bed, and scratched her head when she looked at me.

"What's up?"

"Look I don't appreciate you complaining to my wife about how I don't see King enough..that's not her responsibility to bring back messages from you..if you have a problem talk to me about it. Understand?" I said straight up.

She chuckled, and nodded her head. "Yeah, you don't have to be rude."

"I'm not being rude I'm actually being nice."

"No your not."

"Whatever..and when are you going to get him out of homeschool? I don't know why you made that decision he needs to have some friends, and be active."

"I'll get him out of homeschooling as soon as you tell him your not his father."

"That's petty. Him being homeschooled has nothing to do with me not being his real father. Now I remember why I stopped talking to your ignorant ass..and it was your mistake so you tell him."

Me and Sapphire have been going back and forth on when we should tell him I'm not his father because he is of age to understand. Honestly he was a couple years ago but that's not the easiest thing to tell your child. Sapphire is petty whenever I bring it up which is why I can't stand her lonely ass sometimes.

"Whatever bye Andre I'm trying to sleep." She said covering herself back up with the covers.

I was boiling and wanted to cuss her ass out. Instead I just left and made sure to slam the door behind me. I was already ready to fucking go.

"Aye king I gotta go but I'll see you this weekend snd maybe we can hang out."

"Already? You just got here dad." He complained.

"I know. But you doing work I don't want to distract you..I got you this weekend I promise."

"Okay."

"Aight ima call you..I love you."

"I love you too."

He said before I left. I shook my head once I got outside their condo building. This weekend when I had him I was going to tell him I wasn't his father cause I can't wait forever to tell him. It's going to be tough but it needs to be done.

I called up Dave one of my good friends and he answered almost immediately.

"What's good?"

"We need to go to the trap, I need me some gas."

"Bro, you know I got you I got some in my house. Bet can I meet you there to smoke?"

"Yeah, I got you. My wife went to work, and took the kids to daycare."

"Bet." I said before I hung up, and headed off to Dave's house.

I pulled up to Dave's house in less than 10 minutes, and once I was in we talked and smoked blunts.

Harmony.

I was in the hall talking to one of the girls on my cheerleading team Maya. She was one of my only friends at this school cause she was the realist.

We were catching up on the latest tea, laughing and being us until we were rudely interrupted by a boy. It was the same guy that has been trying to hit on me in my first period mostly every single day.

I ignored him, and Maya stopped talking when she saw. 

"Damn. You can't say excuse me?" She questioned.

"Oh my gosh maya no." I interfered but he already turned around.

My best friend was bold as hell because she was only 4'11 but that never stopped her from being scared of anybody.

"What?" The boy asked turning around before he got into the classroom. I didn't look at him.

"You heard me..you just bumped my friend."

"I would say excuse me but not to her rude ass. I'll pass." He said.

"I'm sorry." I said looking his way. This is why I hated being the way I was.

"Sorry for what?" He asked stepping close to me. A little bit to close and it made me shake so I backed up. Bumping into maya. But he only got closer.

"She obviously does not want you close to her so stop."

Maya knew about my problem, but I never told her the reason. I never told anyone..only my parents knew.

"Just because you like girls you act like I got some fucking disease fuck that bullshit. Sorry for what!?" He yelled again.

He was seriously in his feelings, and it was making me uncomfortable.

"C'mon Harmony lets just go in the class."

"Answer me."

"I'm sorry for being—

"Harmony you don't have to explain anything to him let's go."

We went around him, but he grabbed my arm and I yelled. I lost it.

I started breathing heavily and soon I couldn't even catch my breath. The hall started to shake and everything became a blur. I couldn't hear anything but my heart beating so fast as my vision was going out until everything turned black.

*Dave in mm*

-Miyah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 15 12
Harmony Campbell was a good girl until her boyfriend Chase started abusing her. She tried dumping him but he threatened to kill her. One day she was...
56.1K 908 28
Y/N lives in a city which is Los Santos, she is 20 years old and she had friends but they all left her like she was nothing. Until she met the guys a...
21.8K 578 44
Harmony Maddison, the average werewolf 15 year old going onto 16, at this time she is supposed to shift, but didn't. Her pack- her family become bull...
Inhale By s3quoya

Fanfiction

143K 4.8K 35
Harmony lives in a abusive home. She is from Cali(california) but moved to Nola( New Orleans) a year after her mom died. Harmony mom died with cancer...