An Almost Fairy Tale [Complet...

By dezmarron

Lyric has a child and realizes she's not attracted to men anymore. Then she runs into a woman whom she met ye... More

First Four Characters
All Characters
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
NEW CHARACTERS
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
Epilogue

13

160 8 2
By dezmarron

"Dad, why are we in the hospital?"

"Because that's where your mother is."

"Why is she here!?"

"She got into a car accident Lyric."

"WHAT!?"

"Please calm down Lyric, everything will be fine"

"I hope she's okay."

"Come on let's go see her." My dad took my hand and picked up my sister. The three of us walked down the hallway to my mother's room. Room 234A. I took a deep breath before walking in. I didn't know what to expect. My dad opened the door I started to squeeze his hand. Tears started to stream down my face when I saw my mother laying in that hospital bed. She looked so lifeless and weak. I ran over to her and took her hand.

"Mom?" She didn't answer. Then the doctor came into the room and started talking to my dad. My dad then sat my sister and I down in the chairs on the other side of the room. Suddenly there were alarms beeping really loudly, and the doctor ushered the three of us out of the room. A nurse told us to go into the waiting room and we watched as she ran into my mother's room. I started to panic. I couldn't breathe and tears started streaming down my face. My dad engulfed me in a huge hug and kissed my cheek. I heard footsteps coming towards us.

"Mr. Johnson, I'm sorry to say but your wife didn't make it."

...........

I woke up to see Rosa sitting next me in a chair. She was sleeping. I tried to catch my breath. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I looked over at Rosa again. She was so beautiful. I listened her little snores. They were so cute.

..........

"Sign here. And here. And here. Initial here. And here. Date here. Okay Ms. Johnson you are free to go, you too Ms. Flores."

"Rosa?"

"Can we go to City Hall?"

"For what?"

"To get married."

..........

"Mrs. Flores-Johnson, the doctor will see you now." Ever since we got married 3 months ago, we've been trying to get pregnant. Well, Rosa has. We've been going to the doctor every few weeks to find out. When we go Ms. Mia watches Luke, because my father wants to take him from me. Nothing has taken so far, but we are hoping that this time she will be pregnant. She started showing early signs of a pregnancy. Morning sickness, mood swings, late period, she had all the symptoms of a pregnant woman and today we were gonna find out for sure. Rosa stood up and I took her hand. She seemed nervous.

"Are you okay baby?"

"I'm just a little worried."

"About what love? You're gonna be the best mom ever."

"You really think so?"

"I know so." We followed the nurse to the examination room.

"The doctor will be here shortly but in the meantime, you can put on this hospital gown and get comfortable." the nurse said handing Rosa the gown. Oh! I didn't accept my job back. I found a better one rather quickly. I have money from the settlement from the car accident so providing for Luke and Rosa hasn't been much of a problem. Rosa on the other hand was having trouble finding a job. She of course got offered her job back, but she said 'I don't want to work for someone who blurs the line between personal and professional lives.' That's one of the reasons why I love her. She sacrificed her job just for me. We started talking about her becoming a stay at home mom. Rosa had completely given up the job search, but I still had hope for her.

Things haven't been going great for Rosa lately. Her parents stopped talking to her. They said they couldn't deal with her constant drama and didn't want her to always come to them for help. Her and Kimberli never made up. Maia and I are on uncertain terms. On one hand she defended me, on the other she almost committed murder. We haven't talked. Kaila moved because of her boyfriend, but I'm sure she'll be back. Miracle has tried coming around but I keep telling her not to. And Jeremiah? I have no words to describe him. It's just been Rosa, Luke and I lately. Eli and Chelsea came over a few times, but without Maia, there was just nothing to talk about. I didn't worry about it though, I was married to the love of my life! Rosa has made me so happy these past few months. Her simple presence has me glowing.

"Congratulations, Mrs. Flores-Johnson, you are 5 weeks pregnant."

"What did you just say?"

"You are pregnant."

"That's what I thought you said! Lyric! We're having a baby."

"Yes love, we're having a baby." I picked Rosa up and spun her around. "Thank you ma'am."

"Congratulations."

"We have to have a 'we're having a baby' party babe."

"That sounds like a great idea!"

..........

Rushing in our door, we put everything for the party on the ground.

"Rosie, I'll hang the stuff. You just sit."

"Baby! I wanna help." she said with a pout.

"I know. Just rest for a little while."

"Promise I can help later?"

"Promise." I started hanging up the party decorations. I then ran to the kitchen to get Rosa something to because I remembered she hadn't eaten all day. I quickly grabbed her a bowl of her favorite cereal and ran back to her. "Here you go baby. I know you haven't eaten all day. You must be starving!" I said handing her the bowl.

"Thank you for being so thoughtful baby. I was actually about to get up and make something to eat."

"See, I read your mind. We definitely belong together."

"Yes we do."

"You sit and eat while I put some of the things up."

..........

All of the decorations were up and Rosa was fast asleep on the couch. I picked up Rosa and took her to bed. I took off her shoes and laid her on our bed. I put a blanket on her and went back downstairs to get everything set up for the party, food wise. I started cooking a huge dinner. I wanted tonight to be perfect for Rosa. We invited our families and friends, and I really hope that nothing bad happens. Rosa doesn't need all that stress put on her. It's not good for her or the baby. I started cooking some of the food Rosa had taught me to make. Her spanish food was amazing and I could never make food as good as her but it was worth the try. I had finished making dinner and decided to sit down and rest.

"Lyric, something smells good." I looked up to see Rosa in a beautiful floral dress and matching flats.

"Wow, Rosa you look amazing." She began to blush, so I got up and gave her a hug. "I'm lucky to call you my wife."

"No, I'm lucky to have you as my wife." I spun Rosa around and gave her a long kiss. She giggled. Then I picked her up and spun her around once more and brought her in for a hug. "I love you Mrs. Flores-Johnson. "

"I love you more babe. Now you should go get ready, the party starts in an hour."

"Okay love. I called everyone, even your parents."

"I don't really know if I want them there."

"I know, but I figured they should know before they cut us out completely. Oh and Rosie?"

"Yes."

"Ms. Mia is bringing Luke in about 20 minutes."

"Okay babe. Go get ready!" Rosa shooed me upstairs. Looking into my closet, I had no idea what to wear.

..........

"Ms. Mia! How are you!?" Rosa stood by the door as I descended the stairs.

"I'm fine Rosa, how was the doctor's?"

"The same. But we have Luke and we love him so much so I'm not disappointed. How was he?" I internally laughed at her lies.

"An angel as always. Lyric called me earlier to invite me for dinner, what's the special occasion? I see you have the house decorated beautifully."

"Oh it's just a late wedding party. We never actually did get to celebrate with anyone."

"Well that sounds very nice. Again congrats you two."

"Thank you. Would you like some cheese and crackers until everyone gets here?"

"That would be lovely, thank you." As Ms. Mia stepped in she noticed me. "Lyric! How are you baby?"

"I'm doing well thank you. How are you?"

"I'm amazing Lyric."

"New boyfriend?"

"Maybe." She walked to the dining table and popped a cheese cube in her mouth.

"Lyric baby I'm gonna take Lukey upstairs to change his clothes. I want him to wear the little tux we got him."

"Of course love. I'll stay down here and keep Ms. Mia company." As soon as she took Luke upstairs, the doorbell rang. It was Chelsea, Eli and Maia. Despite us not talking I still invited her. I honestly don't know why. "Come in, come in."

"Hey Lyr, how's it going?"

"Great Eli! Rosa and I are so happy together."

"Well I'm glad it finally worked out. I always thought you too were perfect for each other."

"Thanks Chels. Hello Maia."

"Hi Lyric, thanks for inviting me. I know we aren't really talking, but I'm really sorry. I wanna make it up to you and Rosa."

"Oh, Um, you don't have to Maia, Rosa and I have moved passed it. I'm always gonna be a little upset that you tried to kill my wife though."

"I can totally understand that and-"

"Lukey!" Chelsea yelled. "You look so handsome!" Rosa walked towards me with Luke on her hip. I wrapped my arm around her pulled her close to me.

"You two look perfect." I said so only Rosa could hear. She smiled and greeted everyone.

"Hey guys, I haven't seen you in awhile! How's everything?"

"Hey Rosa. Listen, we never got the chance to apologize to you. You didn't deserve the hell we put you through."

"Oh, It's fine guys! Really! I'm just happy you guys could be here. Go sit down. Maia your mom's in the kitchen."

Seeing as the door was still open, Rosa's parents and my dad walked through.

"Lyric. Rosa." my dad nodded in our direction, walked to the dining room and sat next to Ms. Mia.

"Lyric I'm surprised he didn't bring Ms. Fiona."

"Me too."

"Do you want me to keep a closer eye on Luke tonight?" Rosa said into my ear.

"Please. I don't want anything to happen to our son."

"Hello, Rosa. Hello, Lyric." Mr. Alex said to us. He slid past us.

"Rosa I am so sorry. I didn't wanna stop talking to you, but your father forbade me." Ms. Carina spoke softly to her.

"Mami, he shouldn't forbid you to do anything. You are a beautiful, independent woman."

"I still have to be obedient to my husband."

"It's okay, Mami. We'll talk soon okay?"

"Thank you Rosalina." Ms. Carina went to join her husband at the table.

"Lyric, I don't know if I can do this. My dad clearly hates me."

"Love, I'm going to be here. It'll be okay. If something goes wrong, I'll tell him off." I kissed her reassuring her worries.

"Who are we waiting for?"

"I don't think anyone."

"Your sister and my cousin and Kimberli."

"I didn't invite Miracle. And you invited Kimberli?"

"Lyric, we used to be best friends. I really miss her. I know we aren't on good terms but I want to fix this."

"You can forgive her, but I never will. She hurt you. I'm not talking to her." As soon as I said that Kimberli walked in with Kaila following close behind her.

"Kimmi! Kay! You made it!" Rosa beamed at them.

I hugged Kaila and walked into the dining room. I wasn't going to touch Kimberli if I didn't have to. I didn't care if it looked cold. Rosa locked the door and walked into the dining room trailing Kaila and Kimberli. Kimberli and Kaila sat down next to each other and walked in front of me.

"Don't do that again Lyric."

"Do what babe?"

"Just walk away. That means you're giving up."

"I'm sorry Princess. She just makes me so mad."

"I know. How about later we just watch a movie. The four of us?" She whispered the last part. As she said that I kissed her.

"Ok guys. Why did you call us here?" Eli questioned.

"We have an announcement." Rosa smiled. I put my arms on her belly and rubbed it. In unison we shouted, "WE'RE HAVING A BABY!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

405K 11.2K 26
||COMPLETED|| "I love you..." I had whispered. I sat there staring into the eyes I've come to know as beautiful. I smiled at her. A small smile crep...
19.3K 311 14
Aurora has everything she needs at her age.Love. Happy marriage. And loving husband. Or so she thought. Imagine her surprise and hurt when her husba...
562K 15.4K 78
A butler was the job description. Do what he wants. Get what he desires. That's all I have to do, but suddenly, I am thrown into a completely differe...
15.3K 518 43
Completed 04/11/23 [CHAPTERS ARE SCHEDULED FOR EVERY SATURDAY 10AM UK] Harley Bennett thought she had the perfect life, stable job and a loving boyf...