The Love Code (BoyxBoy)

By Writer_Babe

SEQUEL TO 'The Bro-Code' READING THE PREQUEL IS NOT REQUIRED :) ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆ ''I don't know what you're... More

Book Trailer
∆Character Introductions∆
Aren't You Happy?
Running From The Runway
Date Night
No Puppy
God Damned Puppy
Fuck My Promise
Meet My Boyfriend
I Have A Job To Do
Just Talk To Me
She's Gravid
Speak Now
The Letter
A Day
A Day - {Extended}
Reality Check-Up
Aid Amid Amends
Bestfriend(s) Intervention
Stop Leaving Me
Moving On & Moving Out
Vitalé In A Variance
Sipping Seppalainen
Sipping Seppalainen - {Extended}
Sipping Seppalainen - {Extension Two}
La La Land
No
I Fucked Up
Skylar's Interlude
To Be Happy
Fun
Choices
Come Closer
The Better Man
Mini You
We Can Be Better
Cody's Interlude
I Found You
It's Okay
Vitalè Versatile

I Can't Wait

4.5K 211 81
By Writer_Babe

°Steven POV°

''We can't accept this case.'' I said. I threw the manila folder across the table to my partner, Andrew. He looked down at the folder then back up at me.

''Why?'' He asked. He sounded genuinely confused. I sighed, running a frustrated hand through my hair. This job is seriously stressing me out. I really can't even deal at times.

It's not that I'm not good at it. I'm extremely well at this job, I just never enjoy it.

''The potential profits from it is outstanding and there's no question that you'll win. So why not take it?'' He asked again, a bit more demanding. I looked up at him.

''You can take it. I'm not taking it. I'm not going to help a criminal walk, the amount of money doesn't phase me, guilty is guilty Andrew.'' I told him. He looked at me for a minute.

He knew that I was like this when he took this partnership on with me. I'm all for justice for all, but if someone did something horrible the only justice that they deserve is metal bars in their face. This is just my opinion, but I take my morals to heart.

''Fine, but you know what--''

''What Andrew?'' I asked him, cutting him off because honestly the topic of this conversation was giving me a splitting headache. More like a damn migraine to be honest. I said I'm not taking the fucking case, and that meant I wasn't going to take it.

I'm not going to get a rapist off. It's fucking dead. I won't do it. He did a horrible thing to an innocent person and he deserves to pay for it and the victim in this case deserves justice.

''Good guys in this career never get very far. And if we don't take this case, some other firm will. And if it's anyone of our competitors the guy is guaranteed to get off and you know it. It's not about you, Steven. What some other person did doesn’t make you a bad person. You're just doing your job.'' Andrew said. He slid the folder back over to me.

''Take a day, think about it.'' He said.

''It's not worth any thought. I've already said no, Andrew.'' I gave the folder back to him. He sighed, but gave up and left my office.

I rubbed my eyes.

I'm so god damn tired.

I looked at my wrist watch. It's thirty minutes past eleven. I started to put up all my paperwork.

I was in the parking garage when my phone rang. I unlocked my car door and climbed in before answering the phone. The contact name read Stark.

Wow, we only just met on Monday. It's only Thursday. Had he made a decision that fast? To be honest I didn't think he would choose any of the photos that I designed for his collection.

I was hoping he wouldn't.

I've played cool pretty well all week, but ever since I saw Damien's photo, he's been the only thing on my mind.

I'm not even going to lie, I've purposely worked late nights ever since then because I didn't want to spend time with Mariana when he was on my mind. It made me feel so guilty for thinking about him when I'm with her.

And usually I could just sleep with her and any trace of him would vanish from my mind for a while but that just doesn't work anymore. Ever since I saw his face in that photo, nothing works anymore.

What the hell am I going to do?

I feel bad.

I feel horrible.

I mean for god sake I feel like Garreth. Literally asshole central.

Now every time I'm intimate with Mariana I'm craving Damien's hands on me. It's one of the worst feelings in the world. To feel like you've mentally cheated when physically you know you've done nothing.

And here I am thinking of how Damien would make a stupid comment at a time like this such as, ''So while you're giving it to her, you're fantasizing about me giving it to you?''.

I sighed. I pushed all my emotions from my voice before answering the phone.

''Hello, Mr. Stark.'' I greeted, bringing the phone to my ear. I know he lives in my beautiful, heat filled, home state California, and they are a few hours ahead which explains why he's calling so late.

''Hello to you too Mr. Yeiun. I call bearing good news. You do Photoshop as well, correct?'' He asked.

''Yes, anything that could possibly be done to a picture or video, I'm fully capable of doing it.'' I informed him.

''That's great to hear. I've set up a meeting on Friday to finalize the offer. You'll be meeting with me and your main client--''

''I'm sorry to interrupt you Mr. Stark, but main client?'' I asked, feeling confused. I was under the impression that I would just be working for his company in general, not anyone in specific.

''Yes, of course you'll be needed to touch up pictures for every model in my agency, but there's one that I take a very strong pride in and I feel like your talent is- or at least could be a great asset to his career so you'll be handling all pictures he takes before they are released. We'll discuss this in depth at the meeting. Friday at nine sharp. Is that good for you Mr. Yeiun?'' He asked.

''Friday, nine sharp, that's great Mr. Stark. I'm looking forward to it.'' I hung up the phone.

I'm so fucked up in the head.

I'm about to try to shove this all away. All of it.

I don't want to think about him.

I want to think about the beautiful fiancé I have waiting for me at home, who probably stayed up late because I know she knows something is going on with me.

I gave myself a minute, then started up my car and headed home.

∆∆∆∆

''Are you cheating on me?'' Was the choice of breakfast conversation from Mariana the next morning.

It was 7:00 AM and I had woken up early to make her breakfast before I leave for the meeting. She was sitting across from me at our little meal table in our house.

When I looked up her dark brown eyes met mines. I could see why she would ask that with the way I've been acting lately.

I'm not nearly as distant as I have been. Usually I'm all over her. Dousing her in affection without her ever needing to ask but lately I'm just not feeling it. Whenever I think about kissing her...my mind starts to tell me that I just really want to kiss him.

But I can't accept that.

So I just don't kiss her.

Because if I do I'll only think of him more, and it's underlining itself in my brain that, that just means my feelings for him never went away.

And usually I'd try to push the truth away. But I know that will not work with this.

It's not that I don't want my premature feelings for Damien to still be there.

It's that they can't.

I don't want to go through what happened in the past.

I don't.

I just don't, and I had to go through it all alone.

I doubt he even missed me, I doubt he shed a tear. He left me in that hotel room all alone with that stupid fucking note that shattered my world in two.

I sighed inaudibly.

I'm not dumb. I know Damien’s the client that Javier Stark was referring to on the phone call. I did my research.

And I've accepted possibly seeing him in the flesh today. But I've refused to accept anything else.

I haven't yet figured out how I'm going to react to seeing him. All I know is that I can't allow anything to touch a personal level. No old wounds can be opened

And besides.

I really want this job.

I hate being a lawyer.

I'm not going to lie to Mariana, although I may feel like it mentally, I'm not cheating on her.

''No.'' I told her, honestly. ''No, I would never do that to you. Have I genuinely been making you feel that way?'' I asked her. I reached across the table and grabbed her small hands in mines.

''I've just never seen you act this way. It's like the past few days you really haven't been yourself. Steven no matter what case you're working you always make it home for dinner. Always.'' She said. I felt her gently squeezing my hands.

I looked at our hands, then entwined our fingers together. I looked back up into her eyes.

''I've been seeing about a job for Graphic Design. Today I have a meeting for nine to finalize it. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about this be--''

Before I could complete my sentence she had gotten up from her chair and walked around the table. She seated herself in my lap hugging me tightly.

''Oh my god, I'm so happy for you!'' She shrieked loudly. In response I wrapped my arms around her, hugging her to me tightly.

''I know you are. And the only reason I didn't tell you sooner is because I didn't know if I really wanted the job. But I've thought about it a lot and I do.'' I told her. But when I said those worlds Damien’s face popped into my mind.

No.

No I'm not taking the job to see him.

I mean I'm not saying that deep down I don't want to see him.

But I'm taking the job because it's what I wanted to do with my life in the first place...and as far as seeing him goes...I have no idea if it's going to be a blessing or a curse yet.

∆∆∆∆

I am at Mr. Starks building now. After breakfast I got dressed and headed straight here.

The clock on the dashboard of my car read the time as eight thirty. I turned the car off, exiting it and making my way into the building, to Mr. Starks office.

I breathed in and out, letting my nerves exit my body before entering the office.

''Eight forty. Your timing continues to impress me Mr. Yeiun.'' Javier Starks voice floated through the room as I closed the door behind me. I gave a professional smile, taking a seat in front his desk.

''Thank you.''

''So you'll be happy to know that I have decided to use one of your edits for the promotion of my collection. And upon making that decision I've decided that if you want it, the job is yours.'' Mr. Stark said.

He pushed a contract forward on his desk. I picked the thick pack of papers up and began to look through them.

For the next two hours we sat there discussing the contract of employment and he filled me in on everything else I needed to know.

I was informed that I would have to travel a lot depending on how well my photography skills were. He wanted me at every single one of 'Mr. Vitale's' shows and appearances to capture shots that will be used to aid his career.

He said it wasn't required of me to quit my current job but made it very clear that if it ever gets in the way of the job opportunity he's offering me now, I'll only get one warning.

The first photoshoot I had to be at was on Tuesday, eight in the morning. And can you guess who it was for?

Damien, of course.

And it's fine. I can totally handle this.

At 11:50 he glanced at his watched for the tenth time.

''I apologize for Mr. Vitale's absence. Usually he's much more professional than this.'' Mr. Stark said. My eyes were still scanning over the fine details in the contract. I gave him a quick glance.

''The main reason he was included into this meeting is because, as I'm sure you know by now from reading the contract, you're going to be his publicist on a certain level.'' He explained. ''For out of country trips you'll be paid double your salary. And any trip you ever need to take for work will be covered fully and handled by the company. We even provide you with a variety of the latest technologies for your choice of equipment.''

''This sounds too good to be a job offer. It actually sounds like a bribe. Is there something I should know?'' I joked. Mr. Stark let a deep laugh leave his lips.

''The only catch is dealing with the models. It's harder than it sounds, trust me.'' He assured.

We talked for about thirty more minutes. I looked at my watch and it was nearing one in the afternoon.

''I really appreciate this opportunity you've given me and I'm excited to join your company. As great a meeting as this has been, I can't wait any longer for Mr. Vitale. Can we sign the paperwork?'' I asked.

He agreed, complimenting my professional approach to it and sliding me a copy of the papers after I had signed.

''It'll be a pleasure doing business with you, Mr. Yeiun.'' His hand gripped mine tightly as we both stood at his office door.

''I look forward to it.'' I said.

I left his office, wandering my way out of the building.

A part of me was relieved I didn't see him. A part deep inside took a freeing breath at the luck that he didn't show up.

I was standing in front the elevator, patiently waiting for it to open. The moment it did some mad man came running out. I would have gotten a glimpse of him if he had not knocked me on my ass in his haste to get wherever he was going.

''My bad bro!'' I heard the asshole scream from a distance away. I rolled my eyes, getting to my feet as I dusted myself off.

''Fucking idiot.'' I groaned out, stepping onto the elevator.

 ∆A/N∆

We all know who just knocked Steven on his ass. Jtfo.

Tardiness is tacky.

I've already started the next chapter... it's going to be very interesting.

I'm really like more excited about this new job than Steven is. I can't wait to write a scene where him and Damien actually speak to each other.

How do you all feel about Javier Stark?

Please leave a comment and tell me what you think of the story!

Please vote!

Posted: January 2, 2017.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 7.2K 48
"What I was going to say was selfish..." He mumbled. I edge closer to him until my hand slowly cradled his cheek. Tilting his head up to look at me...
589K 4.8K 10
Just a collection of boyxboy oneshots I made! Happy reading! :) *** These stories contain romance between two boys. If you're not okay with that then...
159K 5.8K 46
Some people are designed to follow the rules. Thomas is one of them. Raised in the shadowy corridors of a Catholic Church, ideas like order, routine...
1.8M 64.2K 47
[ boy x boy ] Ethan Ryder wasn't planning on moving to a new town just before starting his final year at high school. He wasn't planning on leaving...